Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Do you think CS will die in the future?
Spain Sneakers 
Title. In the future as in 4-5 years to go.. Tens and hundreds of new shooters and flashy new games come out and go, and die. Yet CS keeps alive for years. But this might come to an end soon? or will it never do? I dont think it will anywhere near close to die. And the day CS:GO starts falling down (for real not the "game is dead retard spam), game is doing great now the best ever i think too.. but the day it goes down Valve will go BOOM SOURCE 2. And CS back up again. Right? Valve wont just let us die off like TeamFortress2.. I hope.. (talking in the longer future-term)
2019-04-19 20:52
 | 
Sweden swediztann3 
If it dies its not because of other shooters because all fps games are shit
2019-04-19 20:55
 | 
Ukraine ENCEphalitis 
Future: CSGO Major prize pool: 1st place: 100k 2nd place: 20k other teams: who cares about them Dota 2 The International prize pool: 1st place: 50 millions ... 18th place: 500k gg csgo, you wont pass chinese people from dota
2019-04-19 20:55
I think we will get a "TI" similar event in CS:GO. Without Valve being so involved, but still making it higher pool. I think it be the best we could get. This past Major they already did something new, which was the viewer pass. I think they maybe looking towards it. I would celebrate it a lot. As a Dota2 fan as well.. I know well how good it is. :D
2019-04-19 21:01
The dev team of csgo quite clearly said they don't want to copy dota, but want to make it their own way. So it is unlikely there will ever be a TI for cs
2019-04-19 21:02
And i agree with that view 100%. But i meant more as in having a crowdfunded prize pool. It would increase the interest, the hype, and feel even more prestigious. Copying dota2 format is way too much for CSGO and it could be a bad thing as we not used to that style, as we dont have the same format, a 'pro circuit' and so on.
2019-04-19 21:24
I would like to see a crowdfunded prize pool. We already have the items for it in term of stickers and graffitis, just make it so a part of it goes to the prize pool
2019-04-19 21:26
 | 
Ukraine ENCEphalitis 
i hate those tourneys with very big prize pools like here liquipedia.net/dota2/The_International/2.. just look, each member of OG earned more than 2 millions dollars this number is more than s1mple will achieve by all his career easily rich for one tournament lol
2019-04-19 21:04
What is wrong with that? Those really big tournament prizes just reflect the interest and therefor the sponsor money that is available. That is no different than how some sports bring huge prize money while others do not. Look Formula 1, the drivers in the front running teams earn millions per race and you can find other racing series where drivers race for food and drink at the best. Spectators and sponsors drive the financial side of sports, that is just how it is.
2019-04-19 21:17
 | 
Ukraine ENCEphalitis 
about formula 1 you are wrong only winners or 2nd-5th places earn big money and many points all another players dont achieve so many prizes
2019-04-19 21:19
I'm not talking prizes I am talking salary and sponsorship money and I did write "the drivers in the front running teams". I do not even know if there is prize money to speak of in F1, the teams gets lost based upon number of points though so some likely give bonuses to their drivers and crew.
2019-04-19 21:27
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
What should replace the only real competitive fps? I highly doubt cs(not cs go) will die anytime soon
2019-04-19 20:57
CS will be here for a while, but the is no guarantee something better won't come along as it has happened with so many other shooters. CS has hit a mix of shooter, team play, tactics that somehow appeals to many. There is a hint of realism which many other games lack, but not more than a hint so game play remains fast and it one of those games everyone can play while being damn hard to master.
2019-04-19 21:11
CS is the fps with the finest and most complex mechanics, it's not an arcade game like CoD or other shooting games where you just need to run, shot and win, it actually takes a lot of practice to become good in it, which makes this game unique and appealing to many gamers. Definitely not.
2019-04-19 21:19
Being really good at anything takes lots of practice. There are loads of game which are more complex than CS, in fact I'd say what made CS a success is that it's rather simple while also being easily recognizable since the weapons are based upon reality rather than sci-fi style ideas. A lot of what happens in CS is simplifications or down right cartoonish.
2019-04-19 21:23
 | 
Latvia Tibro 
cs most lived esport ever so stfu never dies
2019-04-19 21:15
smooya | 
United Kingdom OI_BRUV 
it wont die because there are no actual competitors to a pure fps esport like cs. so no
2019-04-19 21:29
 | 
Brazil GoldZera 
sadly yes unless valve creates a game called half-life: counter strike, hl3
2019-04-19 21:31
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.