Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Climate Change - The Facts
 | 
Other plath - <3 wayLander 
Narrated by Richard Attenborough. See how human trash is destroying the environment, ecosystems and causing mass extinctions in the natural world. Worthless life keeps multiplying and ruining everything around it. youtube.com/watch?v=0ypaUH57MO4
2019-04-20 17:04
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
human extermination = best solution they left that part out of the video sadly. just fyi. exterminate them all.
2019-04-20 17:13
ok let's start with you
2019-04-25 02:39
yawn i literally get this comment every time. i'm so offended.
2019-04-25 02:40
how about we don't exterminate humans then and find another solution?
2019-04-25 02:46
fuck no, depopulation now.
2019-04-25 02:55
Wouldn't they start with the lowest of the humans first? Doesn't look good for you chief
2019-04-28 14:43
I don't care about the means, only the result.
2019-04-28 16:52
If you don't behave, Johnnie will have no choice but to put you in your place again. Watch yourself mens
2019-04-28 16:55
 | 
North America Snaxer
this is how you get people to not believe in climate change
2019-04-28 05:23
When they get smacked in the face by a disasterous weather system it won't matter what they believe.
2019-04-28 10:05
 | 
North America Snaxer
it sort of matter what they believe just cuz we want as many people to believe its real as possible.
2019-04-28 10:29
wat attenborough says may be a little over-kill. the actions we need to take will take time. converting to wind power will take the US at least 10 yrs. most of the problems are simple logistics: inadequate financing, not enough trained workers, not enough concrete production capacity, court cases involving eminent domain of rights-of-way, etc. w/ time, any of them are soluble. better to get started sooner ofc and push back against the fossil fuel lobbyists
2019-04-20 22:25
You need a President who thinks climate change is real and not a Chinese conspiracy, for a start.
2019-04-21 10:36
hes a symptom
2019-04-21 20:51
we need to do it now. the weather is getting all fucky for real. like where i am it's spring, but the weather is fucked. every week here it's alternating between snow/cold and heatwave. in the mornings it's freezing then in the afternoon you're too warm for the clothes you wore in the morning. other days you dress for the sun cuz it's a clear and bright day then in only 30 mins the sky is dark and it's torrential rain and hailstones. shit is getting weirder.
2019-04-21 20:59
the US is quietly converting to wind power. big companies r doin it cuz wind is cheaper and theyre worried about not being able to get enough coal. this is all happening regardless of wat the moron in the highest office and fossil fuel lobbyists r saying. thats cuz legitimate science and economics eventually shines true when contrary claims r put into perspective and scrutinized. idk if u live in china but theyre making leaps and bounds in renewable energy as well. the danger point is likely above 4 degrees C of warming. wat ur experiencing now is the least of the potential problems dat may arise later on
2019-04-25 00:29
he probably knows its real, just catering to his audience. (and by that i mean the fossil fuel industry not the voters)
2019-04-28 14:35
Wind energy costs more than what it’s worth
2019-04-25 01:41
elaborate. im assumin ur talkin about the lack of wind in some places, which is y u have a electrical grid
2019-04-25 02:01
The costs of turbines, Maintainance etc outweighs the power produced in many cases. They don’t build turbine farms where there’s no wind lmao
2019-04-25 02:07
well w/ wind bigger is better. wind has economies of scale based on rotor size. y settle for a 100 kw turbine when u can have a 225 kw one? dat would double the number of homes you can power w/ a single turbine. when i was working in oklahoma the place i stayed at had one tower to forty acres, meaning we can power about 12,500 homes w/ a 250-acre wind farm. Wind Catcher has 800 windmills. dats enough to power one million homes, assumin no down time. figure 10% down for maintenance and lack of wind. dats 900,000 homes powered by a 32,000 acre wind farm. dats 50 sq miles. 3 million homes: 150 sq miles. maintenance costs def dont outweigh power produced in most cases, r ur engineers using obsolete models in production facilities? ill need to know more about ur specific case cuz in general dats simply untrue.
2019-04-25 02:26
I don’t have numbers but you may find more on a search “Cloud County (KS) wind farm” or something
2019-04-25 05:02
can u link it?
2019-04-28 05:11
meridianwaywindfarm.com/ Best I could do
2019-04-28 14:22
cu | 
Albania bizhuy
in terms of cost/efficiency nuclear power is the best we have right now
2019-04-25 02:21
depends on where u r really. nuclear can be quite expensive (not in US since the US is the main supplier of reprocessed uranium fuel) and sometimes theres a problem w/ fission to work. fast breeder reactors use reprocessed uranium as fuel, reducing the amount of pollutants in the process, but can have meltdowns, w/ attendant extreme risks. theres ideas to use them to reduce the amount of "hot" material being stored, thus reducing energy requirements for dat storage (cooling systems, water pumps, etc) and generate clean power in the process. dat would increase efficiency. wind however is still looking to be the best option
2019-04-25 02:39
Nah you can't change people's minds. Climate change deniers are on the same level as flat-earthers and people that believe Taxation is theft.
2019-04-21 10:48
+1
2019-04-25 02:24
+11
2019-04-28 05:21
 | 
Denmark Xipingu
+111 Who would have thought Trump was on a flat-earther level :DDD
2019-04-28 10:15
Taxation is theft tho. When you start being robbed 30-45% of your earnings, instead of being a consumer of state resources then you will know.
2019-04-28 10:27
you wouldnt have the opportunity to make money without a state to live in that provides things like public roads and public education
2019-04-28 14:36
Roads, military and emergency services are the only things that should be publicly funded. Everything else can be privately organised through charities and businesses.
2019-04-28 14:53
ah yes lets make the working people beg for charity while they are exploited by the capitalist class. that'll teach them their place in life. in my country, my government agreed with you for the 90s and 00s. they privatised the railways, telephone system, etc. our public transport didnt magically become better or cheaper because of that. arguably its good that there are now options on the phone market, but guess what the govt did? they gave 1 company the monopoly on the phone lines and they can charge every other operator for using these lines while they of course dont have to pay themselves which is a massive advantage. private business will often reduce the quality of an ecosystem for short term profit for themselves. thats the nature of capitalism. letting those people have free reign would collapse the economy. they are too greedy and short sighted. taxation is a good way to make sure everyone pays their fair share of the costs of society plus do some wealth redistribution which is good for the economy because poor people spend their money faster.
2019-04-28 15:01
Some industries may end up as natural monopolies like utilities and railways which require intervention.
2019-04-28 15:09
and these should be governed by the state because they are public utilities and are therefore not suited for for-profit corporations who work for profit instead of the common good.
2019-04-28 15:09
all that business will do is the same govt would do + a profit margin which means higher costs and also more accounting because everyone has to pay for it all the time. if govt just offerred free public transport in my country we wouldnt need a billion dollar digital system with thousands of entry points and millions of issued id cards to keep track of how much everyone needs to be charged and it would therefore be much cheaper. and that would also have a huge privacy benefit because atm the govt can just see in this system where im going whenever i take a train. which im sure the previous govts from the 1940s up to 1970s would have something to say about...given certain historical events...
2019-04-28 15:13
Sounds like communism.
2019-04-28 15:21
sure if you want to call it that. by that definition, imo, communism for public utilities isnt bad. imagine how much less CO2 we would produce if everyone could take free public transport to work instead of cars. imagine how muchmoney and time it would save, people not being stuck in traffic jams for hours each day. imagine the public health benefits of people not inhaling exhaust gasses for hours every day. its worth billions. the problem is it would require a huge investment that wont pay back in one term of government and private business has no interest in investing in infrastructure, they just extract profit with minimal investment, and when the infrastructure which is vital for the economy threatens to fail due to lack of investment and maintenance and general mismanagement, they ask for a handout from the government. which they get because theyre too big to fail. thats capitalism for ya.
2019-04-28 15:27
wtf. that comment was so out there i didn't even clock how loony leftist it was. i thought you said take public transport and make it publicly owned. just realised that you said that the govt should subsidise everyone's travel. so basically the government spends money and gets nothing to fund it in return. communist economics. also making public transport free would not necessarily change the amount of cars people drive. in my country it is cheaper to take public transport than to own a car. no public transport in the world can ever replace private ownership of a vehicle.
2019-04-28 23:42
transport is transport. owning it is just a financial risk. its such a shallow and materialistic attitude in life to say that you need to own a thing just for the sake of owning it. as if that makes it better. whats the point? why do you want to have a whole vehicle dedicated to you? it is just less efficient than sharing with other people. its doing nothing most of the day. taking up parking space and corroding. you can pay more and travel first class with public transport too, you know? its not exactly communism...
2019-04-29 00:06
>so basically the government spends money and gets nothing to fund it in return. thats not true at all, the government gets a population that spends less time stuck in traffic. that means more time to work, more time to relax, longer life expectancy, less accidents, better air quality. i already mentioned that in #76. all it would cost is a little bit of money, which we are printing billions of and giving to the banks for free every month anyway. like a typical capitalist bootlicker, you only think in terms of a zero sum game. like they conditioned you to do. it is not a zero sum game. some moves increase the total amount of value on the board for everyone. decreasing the financial and time cost of transportation has historically been proven to be one of those moves. just like increasing farming output with machinery and artificial fertilizer and more generally using automation to increase worker productivity. theres a reason that the germans built the volkswagen and the autobahn. it wasnt just for the tanks. if free to use public roads are a commonly accepted thing, why is free to use public transportation suddenly communism? japan has free metro, at least in big cities. amsterdam has free ferries. its good for the economy. youre just thinking too small.
2019-04-29 00:17
Japanese metro isn't free. And it's not a few billion. You don't have any idea how expensive that would be. It would be a continuous expenditure of many billions just to run and maintain and to finance new investment. You have no idea about the costs or how much revenue you would recoup. It is just some pie in the sky communist thinking. Subsidise everything and somehow it will pay for itself. That is not how the real world works.
2019-04-29 08:26
that is literally how the real world works. its just that people like you dont want to believe it because its not intuitive for you that we can all be richer by being more efficient and wasting less resources on stroking our egos. youre an egotist, so egotist behaviour seems natural to you. theres been enough research done on the subject. if government invests in public utilities and infrastructure, this pays itself back very quickly. you wouldnt argue we dont need more roads. you dont argue you dont need an electricity net. but when it comes to public transport, you will argue against it, because you love your personal car so much. well i got bad news for you buddy. its going to go. its just a matter of time. western society cant afford to let every single person have their own 5 person vehicle any more. its too wasteful. we could afford to pay for it. easily. we just literally dont have the space for all those vehicles for all those people in our cities where everyone works. and theres the climate issue. think of all the money that we could all make if every parking space in paris or amsterdam was turned into more offices, and more hotels and houses that can be rented on airbnb. this is just your personal crusade against technological progress. you want to maintain your century old solution to the transportation problem when it is no longer the best fit for our society. it is not the easiest or most efficient solution any more. its just what you wrongly believe to be most convenient for you individually and because you have 0 sense of dignity or community or solidarity, and you can afford to pay for a car and dont care about the environment because youre a fucking misanthrope, thats enough for you. you will become the minority. and eventually all men like you will be dead and our grandchildren will laugh at pictures of cars like kids look at old telephones or cassette players today. like relics from another age. youre basically the grandpa saying "who needs cell phones, i'll call people from home if i want to call them" in 1991
2019-04-29 09:38
basically eliminating personal cars would mean we can fit like 20% more buildings in the same areas in our cities, meaning people wont need to transport themselves as much, can live closer to work, more businesses can operate in the same areas, we can create more green areas too which improves public health and happiness. there are huge economic benefits. much larger than the benefits of you having a car instead of taking a bus, shuttlebus, tram, metro, train or whatever else to work. so in my view its the duty of the government to correct people like you. you are mistaken and need to be educated. cars are really only required for people who have to drive long distances to varying locations to work on location, like pipeline inspectors or first responders to accidents. and of course for vacations its useful. but day to day work commutes? its a real waste to use a car for that. its a real waste too, if the govt doesnt provide adequate public transport infrastructure, such that people can save time by going to work by car even if they are stuck in traffic for 30+ minutes. just as the Netherlands, we lose millions of potential profit every day because of this issue.
2019-04-29 09:45
it is pretty easy to calculate how much a traffic jam costs. take the amount of people in it, the time the traffic jam takes, their avg hourly wage, the cost of depreciation of all those cars, and the road itself, during the traffic jam, throw it all together, stir, and a number comes out. that is just a small part of all the amount of money we could save if everyone was using public transport instead. because i didnt count any of the 20 other benefits i already mentioned that also have huge impact. the fact that people like you would say no to free public transport when it will SAVE YOU MONEY AND TIME is almost as funny as the fact that the western world is still typing 30% slower than they could be by using the inferior qwerty keyboard layout instead of superior dvorak layout. qwerty was created not to type as efficiently as possible, but to make sure that the arms of mechanical type writers would not get tangled up while you were typing on them. again, a relic from a past age being used in the 21st century. my grandfather was the last person i knew who had a typewriter. and people will keep using this inferior layout to their deaths. they will refuse to switch. it just doesnt make any fucking sense. people are not rational.
2019-04-29 09:55
The world is not the Netherlands. Building public transport that is convenient for everyone everywhere might work in a small country. It would never work in the USA or Russia. It does not save time. If you own your own vehicle you choose route and you are taken to exactly where you want to go. No public transport will ever take you to another person's door. What you're talking about is 100% communism. And not the friendly theoretical kind either. But the totalitarian state kind.
2019-04-29 10:13
the north american coastal regions, metropolitan areas in the UK, france, germany, all of europe basically, have similar population density as the metropolitan area of the netherlands. these areas would greatly benefit from free public transportation. self driving shuttles can literally take you from your door to someone elses door. computer algorithms can simply plan an efficient route that picks up a couple people in one town and brings them to their destinations in another town. like carpooling. the current transport network in the netherlands is the totalitarian kind. there are cameras on all the highways registering license plates. you need a card with a unique id to check in and out at train stations, in buses, etc. im super against that. i know what that leads to. if public transport would be free, we wouldnt need to have id cards to use it.
2019-04-29 10:38
Double
2019-04-29 08:27
Taxation is theft tho m8
2019-04-28 10:34
 | 
Finland Diddy_Kong
Actually the climate change is not caused by humans (maybe 1%), but rather the changes in the earths magnetic field. NT
2019-04-21 10:53
im gonna assume ur talkin about climate change in respect to AGW. isotopic studies of atmospheric carbon show the carbon mainly came from coal deposits. how does the carbon get there? humans burning coal. the effect on the climate is much more than 1% as simple science would lead u to know. earths magnetic field does affect climate somewat, as a simple thought experiment imagine what would happen to the climate if the earths magnetic field stopped changing. dat however is a very different thing to saying that a given climate event is always driven by changes in earths magnetic field. its a logical fallacy to assume that one factor always causes all outcomes.
2019-04-25 00:44
 | 
Finland Diddy_Kong
You have the brain (if you didnt paste from wikipedia) so i think you should do studies on this subject. I myself have done studies on the cel MCM6 and its reaction with lactose. Or rather the enzyme of MCM6 And yes, darwins theory of evolution is just bs. There is so much proof there but people are dumb enough to not see it.
2019-04-25 06:09
dats a job for climate scientists. i only check their data, findings and apply it in mostly an engineering perspective as it pertains to my work. and wtf is this about the theory of evol.
2019-04-28 05:09
adreN | 
Switzerland 2022
0/8 Finnish level bait
2019-04-25 01:43
skepticalscience.com/argument.php
2019-04-25 02:02
 | 
Finland Diddy_Kong
Nt late reply
2019-04-25 06:04
i dont check the date of the comments i reply to, also why does it matter
2019-04-25 18:04
 | 
Finland Diddy_Kong
Yea you are right
2019-04-25 19:39
if you think that you dont know how magnetic field works
2019-04-28 17:10
 | 
Finland Diddy_Kong
forrr ewery one there is one person whiit that person out of a where it can't make sense when that personnnnnnnss country ffffrrlom22798uwhsjkdedmmffd the persssommn might b43.,.e CHINeSE they were that of white???
2019-05-01 17:12
Climate change fake
2019-04-21 20:52
Flair doesn`t check out.
2019-04-25 00:48
Climate change fake
2019-04-25 01:38
Deniers love to mentioned intermitting periods of warming/cooling. But never have an answer when you mention the carbon cycle and the only other times CO2+CH4 have been released in such huge quantities over a short period were supervolcano eruptions and cosmic impacts. But then there's the flip-side that periods of extreme environmental pressure have always instigated huge evolutionary jumps in homosapiens. So it's a trade-off as far as I'm concerned. Either get out shit together so we can have flying cars and explore other worlds. Or watch it go to shit, with the global population plummeting to millions, possibly thousands, but developing x-ray vision and being able to jump really high and stuff. It's a tough one to call.
2019-04-25 01:57
with current state of the art for genetic engineering, farming technologies like hydroponics etc, there isnt really any danger of global population dropping that drastically. there will probably just be a small reduction in population growth due to environmental disasters and famines etc. the climate wont get worse everywhere. the real issue is that biodiversity will be reduced and we risk messing up the ocean currents and killing all the coral reefs and the antarctic plankton cycle and basically killing all the fish in the ocean.
2019-04-28 14:40
if you see any arguments against global warming just go to this link skepticalscience.com/argument.php
2019-04-25 02:03
cu | 
Albania bizhuy
+1 thank for link
+1
2019-04-28 05:12
 | 
Europe crosst
Who cares anyways we will all die soon
2019-04-25 02:11
+1
go on then
2019-04-25 02:37
the bombs are the only way out
2019-04-28 05:12
The world is getting more hotter and the concentration of CO2 on atm is increasing. Are observable data, anyone can see, I work in this area on my college and in all the world the reseachers are telling this. Unfortunately the left incorporated the speech of this, and the right politics avoid the theme. Believe u or not, is going to happen, and is better to be prepared.
2019-04-25 03:13
 | 
Brazil soubarney
I agree with you 100% at the start. Though saying that it is unfortunate that the left incorporated this agenda is kinda messed up, don't you think? I think the one to blame is the right for rejecting facts and avoiding real issues just because they don't want to converge agendas with the left. It should be common ground that the climate is changing and shit gotta be done about it.
2019-04-28 17:00
I agree with you, but the fact of the left incorporate the climate change agenda like was something only of they, makes the Right do the oposit (not all the right, mostly the conservative right). By what I see, the left don't thinks in equilibrates the production and environment sustentabilit, and that's makes the discussion of the subject more political, that a something essencial to the human race survive. Should be a civilized conversation, but the political discussion makes that be a discussion of idiots
2019-04-28 23:20
YouTube Michael Creighton's (guy who wrote Jurassic Park) interview with Charlie Rose about climate change. All of the data and scientists are fabricated to push an agenda
2019-04-25 06:11
lmao did you know all the people responsible for the environment in the us made a fortune from fossil fuels what exactly might this agenda be?
2019-04-25 06:19
Just be aware people on the other side made a fortune from subsidies as well for "renewables" of various types
2019-04-25 18:25
smooth brain
2019-04-25 18:22
i hope dis is b8 otherwise i may have to waste another few mins jabbing at my phone screen
2019-04-28 05:13
Expected from NA
2019-04-28 17:03
Imagine china lecturing us on pollution and waste management smh
2019-04-25 18:24
 | 
Sweden Akoulad
It's the earth magnetic fields that are the major cause of this climate change
2019-04-25 19:52
we are nothing special just another fart in the universe, ofc we will go extinct one day like many species before us. so dont bother to much and enjoy until its over.
2019-04-28 10:34
>talks about climate change >fan of china
2019-04-28 14:23
China has invested the most on renewables and is a signatory of the Paris Accord UN climate change agreement. Also a leader in compliance. Go suck the dick of the USA. unfccc.int/news/china-meets-2020-carbon-.. reuters.com/article/us-china-climatechan..
2019-04-28 14:36
NPC detected . Your beloved Paris climate change agreement barely does anything for the enviroment USA CO2 emissions decreased France CO2 emissions increased Germany CO2 emissions increased China CO2 emissions increased But Orange man bad .
2019-05-01 17:42
it's a starting point. if you can't even get on board that shit agreement then there's no hope for anything better.
2019-05-16 18:30
TS is a moron. weather and climate are not the same thing, grow up maybe. read some science.
2019-04-28 14:39
We just need to good War or disease.
2019-04-28 14:40
they talk about how we need to do this and do that and change this but they never ever mention the world is way WAY over populated....
2019-04-28 16:56
allu | 
Sweden Draden
What is your solution?
2019-04-28 17:09
 | 
Europe crosst
destroy muslims
2019-04-28 17:12
> plath - <3 wayLander thread > i arent read that pick both
2019-04-29 00:02
climate change is definitely real, but if it is human made is still debated about
2019-04-29 00:12
VERTEX
ORDER
FATE
Wisla Krakow
paiN
Rugratz
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.