TWITTER BANNED IN CHINA
I THINK WHATSAPP TOO
SNAPCHAT AS WELL?
Don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine
Beijing has some scammers, usually girls. Especially if you are white and travelling alone you may get approached.
WeChat is pretty much the only thing that is used in China.
But maybe you can tell your friends and family to install Skype since that works too.
I'm from Czech republic btw, feel free to ask stuff about China, been here for 2 months already
Beijing has a lot of smog problems. It's also very hot in the North. You wouldn't think the North is hotter, but it can be due to how dry it is. It rains a lot in Xiamen and the South. Even though you're using a VPN, don't do anything outrageous, since you never know. Also a warning, most people know English, but they only have a very superficial knowledge. Even though I'm probably a bit biased, in my experience, China is safer than many US cities; it's safe to walk around after dark.
For food, it doesn't matter where you go, but don't go to a restaurant if it's blatantly obvious it's unsanitary. Fast food chains also taste a lot different than they do in the US. Trains are also a lot more useful than cars in China.
Get wechat and set up a payment method on there, it'll be way more convenient and less chance of being robbed. Beijing is honestly pretty shit, Great Wall + Beijing duck is tight though. Butt sliding down the Great Wall rails is pretty much the most fun I had there.
Try to get off the beaten path and experience some real local food, a lot of the food around tourist spots sucks dick. China is actually pretty safe, violent crime, especially towards foreigners is quite uncommon. Watch your pockets though, or some Chinaman will snatch your phone with chopsticks without you even noticing. If you can, go to Xi'an, much better place to travel imo. Haven't been to Xiamen but it's supposed to be nice.
Use expressvpn or nordvpn, everything you're used to on the internet will be blocked (for the most part). Bring tissue everywhere you go, you will most likely have the shits for the entire duration of your trip and most bathrooms do not provide paper. If you buy anything on the streets, barter and be a dick about it (except food). Also, learn some basic Chinese, like directions, numbers/money, and some food items. People often have very poor or no English and this will save you a lot of headaches.
Don't eat too much of their food you will get sick and also get a vpn
international apps are banned. So its best if you use a VPN. There is ofc smog problems in Beijing and in other parts of China so I think you should bring a mouth mask just in case. Also its very crowded ofc due to massive population so try not to get too impatient. If you want to have access to the regular apps then you have to go to Hong Kong. Oh and try to have basic Chinese skills like directions, it’ll help you alot.
Buy a korean VPN.
Dont drink tap water.
Dont drink alcohol at random places
Stay away from unkown restaurants, or your guaranteed to get food poisoning.
In first tier cities, 90% of people who approach you are scammers.
If you try to buy things at 3rd party vendors, they will try to overcharge you.
Dont do ANY drugs, even if people tempt you.
Dont hire hookers
Dont mention politics to locals (assuming any of them speak english)
Tips for Beijing:
- Weather is ok. You just need a jacket.
- Local Beijing food are dogshit, except ducks. There are many choices of food to try out in Beijing, ask a local or hotel front desk.
- if you want to go to club, go with at least one local guy. Don’t go to the club toilet with hoe.
- always have sex with condoms.
- don’t listen to those food poisoning bs, in Beijing you are fine.
- also ask locals for the help with VPN. HLTV is not banned though.
- Are you going to stay in hotel? If you are, stay with international chain like Marriott. They have better service than local brands.
- In Beijing many people can speak basic English, and there are many English-speaking people there(Americans, Europeans..) so you will be fine.
- play CSGO with 5E play. MM in China is as toxic as Russian.
- don’t try to do drugs or ask for drugs. You will get deported or worse, end up in prison. Not even weed or acid.
- Try local beer and cigarettes if you drink and smoke.
- Police in Beijing are friendly and nice to help foreigners, so if you see one in the street, you can always ask them questions.
- one last thing, there are some funny videos of Donald Trump in Chinese video website, ask a Chinese and he will show you lul.
HF in China my friend😎😎😎