Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Tarik Omegalul
food | 
African Union PleaseDonateBurger 
Read the interview with dead hltv.org/news/26859/dead-flamie-was-at-t.. "tarik had just won a Major and his buyout was lower than that of some Brazilian players." AHAHAHAHAHAHAA
2019-05-23 14:47
men))
2019-05-23 14:48
Funniest shit I've heard in a long time. Wow, I laughed so hard !!11
2019-05-23 14:48
 | 
Poland teacandothat 
because na is trash
2019-05-23 14:49
You understand that he signed the contract before he won the major right? You understand that the major was a fluke win right?
shox | 
Brazil kaiknux 
wow finally someone stated that +1
2019-05-23 14:54
 | 
North America B0bbutttoast 
Fluke Flew-k Hltv english "A win that an hltv user doesn't like."
2019-05-23 15:09
Usually the hate can be traced back to losing a large sum of money on a bet
2019-05-23 15:11
They themselve knew that it was a fluke. Stewie ran away from the team straight away and Turok followed soon after. It's an amazing achievement for NA, but please face reality
2019-05-23 15:12
 | 
You realize none of that is proof of it being a fluke right?
2019-05-23 19:07
You realize Stewie said in interviews that he wanted to "win more trophies" when he went to MiBr, insinuating that he didn't believe he could do that with C9
2019-05-23 19:12
 | 
Do you even know what fluke means? The word fluke isn't relevant to what happens after the match or tournament in question it just means that the match or tournament was one out of luck and shouldn't have happened. C9 probably wouldn't have won anything else but they were obviously very well prepped for Boston and came to win it and won every match through struggle they deserved the win even if it wouldn't have happened again. And BTW I know it seems like I'm a high C9 fanboy or bias but I'm really not the only c9 lineup I was a big fan of was the sgares freak ska lineup. I just think the word fluke is used way too often on this site, I feel like it's the same with gambits major win.
2019-05-24 07:51
f0rest | 
Mexico bfish8 
c9 won in Boston only because Skadoodle saved his adderall prescription for a month and a half so that he and his teammates could eat them like candy that week.
2019-05-24 08:06
What is this constant misconception that adderall is some god drug that makes you better than s1mple? If the entire C9 team was taking adderall, their skill level would move from the 10th best team to the 9th best. Very minuscule
2019-05-25 10:34
Fluke is an un-expected win versus an opponent they should not beat and normally does not beat, and not being able to replicate the same results after. C9 were a dark horse for Boston that much is true, but to insinuate their win wasn't a fluke is just naive at best or outright disingenuous. Before the game they should not have beaten FaZe in the final of that major considering how strong FaZe were at that point, and Skadoodle a player who had performed quite poorly to mediocre the entire tournament suddenly played out of his fucking mind way beyond what he would normally do during that grand final, and was never able to replicate that performance again. and neither did C9. That is literally what a fluke is. Fluke isn't used to say their win wasn't legitimate, they won fair and square and they played great, but they hadn't done anything close to that before the major and they also failed to do anything after, that defines it as a fluke.
2019-05-24 08:15
 | 
They deserved the win regardless of what happened before after or would have happened after. Therefore the win isn't a fluke to say that calling it a valid win is naive is completely laughable. You just refuse to accept the fact that an NA team beat faze to win major through being the better team. Idk what 3rd world black market dictionary your using for fluke, but fluke litterally means undeserved through luck or specific circumstance. C9 would have beat any team in the world at that time in that tournament.
2019-05-25 02:43
You are 100% a C9 fanboy lmao, don't even try to deny it Also nobody in the eu actually cares about NA vs EU. that's just you cunts clinging onto any achievement ever claimed from your region because you have extremely fragile egos. As for fluke the specific circumstance here is a player who has not played well in years suddenly finding a stroke form (a stroke of luck if you will) none of their preparation came through before the grand final when considering Skadoodle, if you're gonna take every term used in CS straight from the dictionary the word "fluke" would literally be meaningless when talking about CS.
2019-05-25 06:36
 | 
I'm not a fan of any c9 players or c9 as a team on hltv, nor have I ever been, you could look through my history of threads and less than 1% will be about anything to do with c9, only when it comes to shit like this. I hate it when people use this stupid fucking word on this site trying to take a win away from a team. Again i feel the exact same way about gambit, I felt the same way about liquid when they won IBP (i am a liquid fanboy though) and I felt the same way about NiP when they won malmo out of nowhere last year or the year before that or whatever. There are litterally 20 threads a day with europeans shit talking NA, whether its CS related or not. Your blind as fuck. Doing good only once doesn't have anything to do with luck. All 5 players on your team don't just randomly start playing amazingly out of nowhere. It would be luck if the people they were playing against where playing shit but they weren't, not even close. You keep bringing up ska, he had been back and fourth for a while and generally did well on big stages.
2019-05-25 06:45
Right so you're not really arguing that C9 run isn't a fluke, you're just arguing that the word "Fluke" doesn't work, or shouldn't be applied to CS then. Because if unlikely performances, unexpected and easier opponents who you proceed to beat are not flukes in CS, then you cannot fluke in CS. At least I can't imagine what your requirements for a fluke would be. Those threads are poor bait, as is 90% of hltv threads, not worth anyone's time. As for Ska I don't know what you're smoking, he had been dogshit for 3 years straight and he went back to being dogshit right after the final.
2019-05-25 07:06
 | 
I'm arguing the the word fluke should only be applied with a win is only because of luck the team didn't deserve it and would have otherwise not won the event without some overwhelmingly lucky circumstance. Otherwise its not a fluke its just a one off win. He wasn't that bad at all, hes similar to get right, his impact didn't really change all that much he was still clutching somewhat often and getting important kills most matches he just wasn't the top 10 awper he used to be. I think your exaggerating quite a bit. I never thought he was amazing but I never thought he was horrible either.
2019-05-25 07:09
Outside of that one coldzera round on mirage that allowed them to comeback 15-15 and winning OT after already being down a map and win a semi-final vs. Liquid at MLG 2016, I can't think of a single other game that was won off the back of "only" luck as you describe it, and even then it was just 1 round that let them comeback, they still had to pull off the next consecutive rounds without that kind of luck and the next map to win the game. By that point phrasing anything as a "fluke" is just pointless, you might as well just call it luck because the example you listed doesn't happen often enough to have such a specific word ascribed to it. It would also be so rare that it could basically only be described towards maps won by a lucky round because for that to happen for even just one bo3 would be so unlikely it wouldn't be worth it to establish it as a phrase. GTR gets away with being low fragging because he doesn't cost $4750 on a gun round. The fact that Ska had to have the awp to cause significant impact on a round makes him an expensive player with low return.
2019-05-25 07:33
 | 
Mostly or only, I don't think luck played majority part in C9's win at Boston, I don't think it even played 10% part. Thats because the word luck is literally in the definition of fluke. IDC about this ska thing tbh its opinionated and irrelevant.
2019-05-25 07:35
My main issue is just that the type of luck you're describing just isn't possible when describing an entire tournament run, it barely even qualifies as just for just a map CS outside of jump noscoping with an awp doesn't lend itself to that type of pure luck, so you can't have a meaningful attachment of the word "fluke" in CS without being somewhat hyperbole. If you take the word fluke completely literal when discussing CS tournament runs or games then there is no point, you're arguing on a different ground than most other people discussing what is and isn't a fluke.
2019-05-25 07:47
 | 
I don't think there was any luck in boston, what luck do you think there was? Every team they played was playing well and they played better. The gambit run was arguable, i mean two team that are barley top 10 getting into the final can be argued as luck my point there would be I think gambit would have beat any team at that tournament playing at their best but that's an unpopular opinion. Nothing even close to that happened at boston. C9 beat G2 who was ranked #5 in the world and placed top of the group stage, they beat SK, who was ranked #1 in the world at the time and they beat FaZe who was ranked #2 and placed at the top of the group stage alongside G2. All of those matches were competitive if not close. I don't think you can call a win a fluke with those circumstances.
2019-05-25 07:54
We've already established that I consider unlikely team form and un-expected wins to be a form of "luck" element within CS if it's not replicated or has any prior showing to it. You take both "luck" and "fluke" extremely literally when talking about CS, which is why I don't think this conversation is headed anywhere and I don't think you'll win very many over with your argument of C9 run not being somewhat a fluke, because you're not arguing on the same grounds as most people.
2019-05-25 08:22
 | 
A win being unexpected counts as luck? How does that make any sense at all???? Unlikely form maybe, but I think its obvious c9 put in way more effort than they had before for that event, Its also likely that they dropped off so quick afterwards because they got to much confidence and didn't put in NEAR as much work afterwards but that's just speculation. I don't think its speculation that they put in more effort than normal for the major though thats obviously true. Yes obviously when I'm in an argument about whether something is LITERALLY a fluke or not i'm going to take the word fluke LITERALLY. How is that even an argument?
2019-05-25 09:46
un-expected as in an underdog outperforming a better team, yeah i count that as somewhat luck too, as it depends somewhat on the opponents form and preparation as well as your own. Right, so we've established that while most of the community uses it hyperbole, you use it literally. Discussion is pretty much done then, while most people exaggerate certain phrases and their value due to contextually you cant just trip over and win a game of CS, you yourself take them from the dictionary and apply literal usage, making the discussion pointless because your definition of "fluke" cant be applied to anything more than very specific rounds. No game in the history of CS was purely won out of luck, boiling down your argument to "I dont think you can fluke games in CS"
2019-05-26 20:05
Making up your own definition of a word to fit your argument. 2000 iq
2019-05-25 10:36
I mean if you apply literal usage of fluke when talking CS then it's a pointless phrase since no win in the history of CS was ever won purely out of luck.
2019-05-26 20:06
it is a fluke they weren't able to replicate their success after the win
2019-05-25 10:43
 | 
That doesn't make it a fluke buddy.
2019-05-26 05:24
 | 
Australia Ohnorepo 
Except even outside of the fluke win, C9 had success elsewhere. For months with the same line up they had taken many smaller titles, and reached top 4 in many larger ones. This was less of a fluke, and more a things to come if they could continue to operate under that Tarik lead. Everyone that left, until recently ended up in a far worse situation than the top 4 team they win in leading up to the major.
2019-05-26 05:37
 | 
Brazil bandicoot 
germans will never win anything, and that isnt a fluke
2019-05-25 06:51
Ah, the classic "go ad hominem because you can't argue against facts" Good job brother
2019-05-25 10:30
 | 
Brazil bandicoot 
here is the classic "speak english or get reported"
2019-05-26 00:24
Ad hominem is a term that is used in english nt uneducated brazilian
2019-05-26 08:20
 | 
Brazil bandicoot 
I didnt know you represented germany. but im glad it worked
2019-05-30 00:51
Wat
2019-05-30 00:52
 | 
Finland Faust_fSt 
Do you understand that buyouts are added to the deal when they're made, not every time a player playes a game?
not only that, brazilian players have some crazy buyouts they think that next s1mple is in their teams
2019-05-23 14:54
shox | 
Brazil kaiknux 
+1
2019-05-23 14:55
thats because his price was in american units.
pooooor tarik hahahaha
2019-05-23 14:50
do you understand that brazilian player's buyouts are high af? Tarik has a normal buyout
2019-05-23 14:53
 | 
France Gugus_Patacus 
didn't furai ask like 300k for kscerato ? I think I read that somewhere, shit's retarded
2019-05-23 14:57
and it never happened. insane 600 iq brazilian business sense
It was 200k and it's pretty reasonable if we look at current buy outs...
2019-05-23 15:00
 | 
France Gugus_Patacus 
Well this kid is unproven as fuck, 200k is a lot. I actually think it's more than zywoo's buyout.
2019-05-23 15:00
It's a lot ofc...i didn't say otherwise BUT look at current buy outs. Washed up players like snax almost 300k. Bad players like fns 200k. Both apex and nbk had 600k buy outs. Flamie freaking 700k etc etc. Kscerato is probably the best brasil prospect + they moved their team to NA and it surely was expensive. Furia was only protecting their investment. Like I already said, it's imo pretty reasonable buy out
2019-05-23 15:04
 | 
Australia Ohnorepo 
Except those washed up players are massive names. The buyout isn't just for their talent, but their brand appeal too. 200k is a whole lot for any team that doesn't think the name is bankable. What Furia thinks is reasonable, and the actual reasonable number based on his names value are very very different things.
2019-05-26 05:39
and 950k for trk from teamone twitch.tv/fer/clip/SuperFaintCobblerOSko.. also dead said in twitter that brazilian players have something between 300k and 1M buyouts and teamone manager said they have some weird law in brazil, were they can ask for x2000 the players salary as buyout
2019-05-23 15:09
950k for trk LMAO
2019-05-25 06:49
 | 
Algeria RunGo))) 
csgo is becoming more like football u are buying the young players for what they are going to become not for their current form
2019-05-25 07:30
 | 
Brazil BrazilianDude 
Farm some money, brazil poor
 | 
United States k3ar 
+1
2019-05-24 08:02
Q
RED
2x
BLACK
2x
JOKER
26x
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.