rest are irrelevant except electronic
1. Get Right
1. S1mple always and forever
Draken or tabseN
10. doesn't matter (currently plays for earfuckers in ESEA open)
It's hard to tell because of the extensive damage BLAST Pro Series has done to the scene, so I don't think it's even possible to make the real top 5, but I have a few things to note.
1. s1mple never fell off and still remains the best player in the world. He has remained the best for a year now and ZywOo doesn't magically become better just because he is playing more this month. You have to do more than that to take the throne from the best player of all time.
2. EliGE has proven, recently, to be the best Liquid player. Their core is very skilled but EliGE has, lately, shown better capabilities and is currently their best player (his 35 bomb against Furia in Dallas is a perfect example). This might change but if this list is in the present time, EliGE has to be above NAF and Twistzz.
3. Astralis has been very inactive but at ECS, device was the only really good player on their team. He literally got an EVP even though he was eliminated in groups, which is a testament to his capabilities. A case could be made that he is a top 5 player right now, but it's hard to tell with their inactivity. He's worth at least considering.
4. sergej is a very good player, and a crucial reason that ENCE has had such fantastic results, but in naming the best players right now, it would be reasonable to claim other, less successful players are better than him (i.e. device). His impact is very high but do we really think he's better than the likes of electronic, device, Magisk, NAF, Twistzz, or NiKo? Because I don't think he is.
5. Electronic and Magisk are potential top 5 players, but due to their inactivity and the power of Liquid right now, the Liquid trio of EliGE, Twistzz, and NAF are all probably better than them.
6. Twistzz and NAF are basically equally strong at this point IMO, and their equal ratings right now support that. Keeping that in mind, it's basically impossible to have 1 without the other.
Keeping these in mind, my top 5 is:
s1mple is the goat but i agree zywoo is playing better
8/8 agree w this post
who cares about the rest
xseven > everyone else
Change my mind
why no s1mple ? because he is useless as a team player he can only make his stats look good while all the player above can carry and support their teammates and play as a team win as a team.
s1mple ropz zywoo elige sergej
Why do people keep putting Twistzz at 3. Real list:
ZywOo mby top 5 but not top 1 rn
Do you guys understand that a top5 list doesn't mean "let's pick a player from every team in the top5", right?
zywoo's team wins 2 tier 2 tournaments and hes #1 all of a sudden thats nice
In terms of aim, the most mechanically skilled players are s1mple, niko, twistzz and zywoo at the moment. The 5th could be anyone. XANTARES maybe. He's an aim freak who doesn't succeed more because his game sense is terrible.
0/8, s1mple hasn’t done shit this year, no.4 at most
1. S1mple He is still ridiculous, ya he hasn't played a ton of maps but one of those was SLTV 7 which had a ton of maps, and he played all good teams in the playoffs, he also still literally hasnt had a bad event since IEM Katowice 2017.
2. Zywoo Hes closer to first then he is to third, and that is the first time anyone has been able to say that in a long time, but he was also mediocre at the major, and below his normal level at starseries season 7, he doesnt have the resume of consistency that s1mple has.
Device has lowkey been nuts this year, he had an off tournament at blast Miami, but other then that he has been lights out, and he is playing in harder circumstances then last year.
(unless your a cretin who said device was better then s1mple because his teammates steal his kills while s1mples dont, then you have to explain how much worse device got, howcome he isnt dropping 1.4 ratings becasue his team is worse now.)
4. Niko Hes just nuts, no real bad lan events, he won an MVP, hes not really dropped of, he has also been playing in a super dysfunctional team, its largely his fault the team is dysfunctional but that doesn't take away his ability as a csgo player.
5. Electronic is hard to place because he was absolutely insane for SLTV 7, but only good without being great for everything else, meanwhile people like elige are more consistent tournament to tournament, but elige doesn't have electronics peak, they are very close.
Top 5 rn
2. Team Liquid
5. who cares
I don't include fluke team with lucky players here (ENCE, Vitality, FURIA)
s1mple washed up now. Doesn't deserve top 5. Electronic is always carrying him.
4)niko (hasn't perform that good recently but still one of the best aim)
These are really the best players. I counted way they play, not only stats.
Whoever disagress should uninstall cs right this second.
twistz/ Elige/ NAF
brehze/ magisk/ electronic