Thread has been deleted
Last comment
brexit - why did UK agree on no irish border?
North America vellabrown 
ireland stands quite firm that they won't agree a deal without promise of no irish border. i'm puzzled: why UK government agreed not to set border after brexit? UK should stand firm backwards: we will set border after brexit, with or without deal. the existance of border between two countries is natural and legitimate. if UK itself shrinks on its own sovereignty during negotiation, how could they get a deal without "backstop"? i dont know why uk is so weak. anyone from UK can explain it to me?
2019-06-18 03:41
how comes a border be a fundamental breach of agreement?
2019-06-18 13:12
 | 
United Kingdom xTheDeadPixel 
Very simple: We still have troops stationed in Ireland. Enforcement of a hard border effectively makes us invaders and if we wouldn't agree to withdraw troops it would set off another war. Tensions are still very high in regards to the relationship between Ireland and Britain.
2019-06-18 13:39
LuL does ireland have an army? Legit question.
2019-06-18 13:42
 | 
2019-06-18 13:48
Yes it's called the ira
2019-06-19 01:20
yes mens))) theres the C-IRA and the Irish Army
2019-06-19 01:41
Enforcement of a hard border effectively makes UK invaders? many countries set border checks with neighbour countries, so they are all invading?
2019-06-18 14:13
 | 
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles "The conflict was primarily political and nationalistic, fuelled by historical events.[30] It also had an ethnic or sectarian dimension,[31] although it was not a religious conflict.[12][32] A key issue was the constitutional status of Northern Ireland. Unionists/loyalists, who were mostly Protestants, wanted Northern Ireland to remain within the United Kingdom. Irish nationalists/republicans, who were mostly Catholics, wanted Northern Ireland to leave the United Kingdom and join a united Ireland."
2019-06-18 14:15
if Catholics dont want to live in UK, they can move to ireland. UK should stand firm on sovereignty, not fear of washing NI streets with traitors' blood. johnson will be supported by trump so he wont be arrested and tested like Milosevic. besides, UK is permanent member state and has nuclear missiles, EU has no way to wreak vengeance on UK.
2019-06-19 01:04
COCAINE | 
Mongolia bozgor 
You dont move out of your homeland because artifical political borders ignore reality, you either accept it or fight.
2019-06-19 01:08
yeah, they can choose to fight and then pacified by UK, right? if catholics choose to fight till last one, why cant UK slaughter till the last one? if UK kill everyone that dont pledge loyalty to UK, they would solve NI problem once for all.
2019-06-19 01:16
COCAINE | 
Mongolia bozgor 
it would solve problems in the same fashion as going over to your place and shooting you in the head so you cant type out inhumane shit men)))
2019-06-19 01:18
stalin's decision to force all germans move out from east side of Oder-Neisse line, ensures deustchland unable to claim sovereignty of this area from poland. US burned the whole tokyo and nuked japan twice, forcing japan to surrender thus saving lives for american troops. human history is inhumane history, filled with killing other humans to get territory, wealth and other things. mercy to your enemies is merciless to your friends and allies.
2019-06-19 01:33
i know they had an agreement about northern ireland, but it dont clearly say "no border", right?
2019-06-18 13:09
Im pretty sure if there was going to be a border, specifically a hard one, it would likely revive violence and terrorism that basically ravaged Northern Ireland for decades.
2019-06-18 03:47
 | 
Portugal nakbarone 
Hey can you tell what does the UK gain from Brexit? It's clear the sea of problems it will cause but I don't see any gain...
2019-06-18 03:53
Im no brit but I can try giving my POV on gains, A brexit Britain can allow itself to establish their own rules like on immigration and trade where while in the EU, EU memberstates usually have to follow the rules placed by the EU rather than doing things themselves.
2019-06-18 03:56
 | 
Portugal nakbarone 
Aren't most rules made by the EU just suggestions to each country? Not every country needs to adopt it most of the times. There are indeed rules and regulations but that's for the benefit of the Union. Immigration rules wouldn't be bad for their economy? The UK, this big touristic country where everyone across Europe is able to have tours in and it being suddenly gone wouldn't be a negative hit (either big or small) on their economy? I really don't know how half of Britain thinks it's a good idea to leave the European Union. They have small to gain where there's a whole sea of stuff to be lost
2019-06-18 04:12
well like I said, im not a brit, let alone a european so my knowledge can be lacking but I’ll still try to give my perspective until someone else comes alonng and gives a better explanation. The problem from my POV is that once rules are set, EU memberstates are practically stuck following them unless theres a change of government in the memberstate where they refuse to follow or at least certain EU demands etc like in Italy for immigration. And for the UK, immigration is a concerning thing especially after 2015 where over 1 million entered Europe with most going to Germany and Sweden, while Britain took in less than 50,000. Its more like out of fear due to crime committed which alot tend to be of migrant background. The result of brexit alone was actually mainly influenced by immigration rather than shit like economics but still plays a big part.
2019-06-18 04:22
 | 
Portugal nakbarone 
Hey dude, I've got this site and it's simple to understand how the eu laws are approved and how the eu works, hope it's useful. europarl.europa.eu/external/html/legisla..
2019-06-18 04:23
I appreciate it, will look into it.
2019-06-18 04:25
In my opinion brexit is a really weird thing. It was mostly influenced by immigration policy as you mentioned correctly. However, most immigrants comming to the UK need a visa anyway and are not refugees from 2015. The UK has so many immigrants from their former colonies. Also the UK managed to not take too many refugees even being in the EU. I always thought it is funny, how they just wanted to leave the EU rather than try work on it and make it better. Also considering the UK is the country in the EU with most beneficial "special" rules. Some privileges just for them. Yet, they are bothered they do not have more privileges. Also Brexit itself in the UK is highly controversial, as it was almost a 50/50 split. It was especially visible how rural areas, where the upsides are not that visible mostly voted "leave". And I doubt the process of leaving (which turned out as quite a disaster) has made things better.
2019-06-18 13:19
I believe its because of the UK would rather want to do things their way instead of following EU rules and dont have the patience to try passing new ones that’ll benefit them more which I dont blame them and from my POV they likely saw as the EU being extremely corrupt which from my POV as well is unfortunately true considering their actions and treatment of Britain and Italy. One of the main reasons UK left was to control their own borders, but they completely forgot about one important one: The Irish Border. UK not only has to try leaving the EU which they now must do or face consequences for basically failing to respect a vote, they now got to do something about Ireland or risk reviving terrorism and violence again by the IRA.
2019-06-18 13:34
The UK has always had more of a "border control" than any other EU state. These are the privileges I am talking about. They were always checking ones passports prior to going onto the ferry from Calais for example. Other EU countries you can "just drive in".
2019-06-18 15:33
I'm pretty sure they dont want to leave because of immigration but because Belgium Germany and France have too much power over them and want too much euro integration like EU army
2019-06-19 01:28
Well, when the vote was made and the parties tried to advertise their opinions, the refugee crisis and immigration was one of the biggest reasons for people to vote leave. I have actually been in the UK when they voted.
2019-06-19 01:40
terrorism is now unacceptable worldwide, i dont believe catholicism in northern ireland dare to give up peace and development for supporting terrorism. and if they do so, anti-terrorism is now global justice, UK police and armed forces can carry this flag into NI and massacre there.
2019-06-18 13:21
thats the last thing that should happen. Any sort of massacre will only fuel and ignite the rage even more.
2019-06-18 13:42
COCAINE | 
Mongolia bozgor 
the more blood the better, the current european status quo needs to die in fire
2019-06-19 01:11
 | 
United Kingdom gillschlossen 
Ignorance must be bliss (flag checks out) Look up something called "the troubles" Look up something called "sectarianism"
2019-06-18 13:44
 | 
United States Acehavok 
Because they’ve been one nation/union for a long time, they don’t want to disrupt business just because Britain is a bunch of whiny bitches.
2019-06-19 01:17
idk, ask ur mom
2019-06-19 01:42
who cares, the people dont have a say, there wont be a brexit in the end
2019-06-19 01:43
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.