Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Black tape
 | 
North America B0bbutttoast 
Whats up with the black tape on everyone's jerseys? Does anyone know what its for?
2019-06-20 19:58
Their sponsors
nipple tape for sensitive nipples
 | 
Brazil RidiculousJoke 
Sexey
2019-06-20 19:59
s1mple | 
Europe Sam2k 
reported
 | 
Brazil RidiculousJoke 
Prolly a lost sponsor lol
 | 
Oooh RiP them lmao After a quick google, its the betway logo that its covering up
2019-06-20 20:00
Ooof lmaoooooo lost their biggest one rofl
2019-06-20 20:01
They didn't lose it lol
2019-06-21 14:52
I thought that as well but it's not just one team. Both mibr and mouse have tape. Maybe ESL doesn't allow it?
2019-06-20 20:00
 | 
I would be willing to bet that betway is a conflicting sponser with one of ESL's sponser, so everyone has to cover them
ESL features betway on their own website: pro.eslgaming.com/csgo/proleague/ it makes no sense.
2019-06-20 20:02
 | 
#12 explains it
2019-06-20 20:03
just read it, thx.
 | 
Netherlands poeya 
esl event is sponsored by betway tho ?
2019-06-20 20:05
 | 
2019-06-20 20:05
 | 
Netherlands poeya 
ah france gay
2019-06-20 20:06
 | 
si
Idk maybe a problem whit said sponsor, is mouz sponsored by betway?
sponsorship crossing
you think ESL doesn't allow certain sponsors for the tournament?
I guess its 'bout betting
im pretty sure thats what it is, no other reason to black em out
 | 
They tape over betting sites sponsors bcs you can't promote betting sites in france because of their laws.
 | 
what a beta country
i mean i can't really see your point why it's beta to be against gambling but sure
 | 
If people want to risk/lose all their money then let them, who cares?
2019-06-20 20:04
Gambling ruins a lot of lives and is incredibly addicting. I don't fault them for banning gambling.
2019-06-20 20:07
 | 
so does alcohol
2019-06-20 20:08
which is why advertising Alcohol on TV for example is banned in many countries.
2019-06-20 20:09
 | 
And thats silly, smart people won't drink it to the point which its harmful. Natural selection.
2019-06-20 20:11
you don't get how ads work, right? nor how the world works, right? do you really think that many people would watch the Kardashians if that trash wasn't promoted everywhere?
2019-06-20 20:17
By that logic smart people are the ones not growing up in poverty, or having abusive parents who drink as well because those are major contributing factors for alcoholism.
2019-06-20 20:18
Alcohol is a gray area tbh. It does ruin a lot of lives but it has been legal for such a long time there would be national outrage if they banned it.
2019-06-20 20:12
 | 
So if there wasn't an outrage you think it should be illegal?
2019-06-20 20:13
Alcohol is classified as a depressant drug. It is a drug like any other but even worse since it's legal so people can consume it without legal issues. Imo it shouldn't be allowed but i don't rule the world.
2019-06-20 20:17
 | 
But in moderation its not harmful at all and can actually be helpful (not trying to argue that its good to drink). Let people have their fun, if they want to drink let them. If they abuse it stop them from using it maybe because that can hurt other people. But I don't see a problem with letting people make their own decisions about what they do to their own body.
2019-06-20 20:20
I agree you argument would work if people had better common sense. Thing is we can't trust every human to drink with moderation. Just like we can't trust someone with a gun to only use it for self defense. People are dumb, mentally ill, psychologically damaged etc. It's better to ban destructive things so no one can use them instead of letting people use them with the risk that some people might abuse them and ruin the lives of so many people.
2019-06-20 20:28
 | 
If someone doesn't have the common sense to make those simple decisions then I don't think they holding their hand is helping. You can take away everything that you have to trust people to use or that could be used to hurt someone, but then eventually you have no freedom and people aren't allowed to do anything.
2019-06-20 20:31
This is a never ending discussion, and i dont have time lets just agree to disagree =)
2019-06-20 20:34
I agree. Reminds me of this segment from Jim Jefferies when he used to be funny and not a sell out. youtu.be/a9UFyNy-rw4?t=182
2019-06-20 20:38
 | 
Denmark sNju 
If people want to shoot heroin, then let them...?
why not? it's not illegal to kill or otherwise harm yourself, is it? why should society be able to decide what people do to their own body? if it's not ok then we have to ban alcohol, tobacco, dangerous sports, fast cars etc.
2019-06-20 20:14
 | 
Denmark sNju 
Alcohol is partly banned, tobacco aswell. Dangerous sports are also under tight regulation, and cars are obviously regulated. Are you drunk right now? Gambling can ruin the lives of people with addiction problems, just as heroin can. Addicts often end up not able to afford their addiction, and rob the rest of us, to pay for their addictions. The only winners are the big companies making money on addicts.
2019-06-20 20:19
 | 
I don't drink, I could. I don't smoke weed, i could. I don't do heroine either idk how Id go about that but i'm sure I could find way if I really wanted too. Gambling CAN ruin the lives of people with addiction problems yeah, so then stop them from gambling when it becomes a problem or don't i don't really care. "rob the rest of us to pay for their addictions" people who aren't addicted rob people too, those are just god awful horrible human beings who should be put in jail regardless and thats a small portion of people who do addicting things. Those aren't the only winners at all. If people like to party and do things like that for fun every now and then who gives a shit their not hurting anyone let people do what they want to their own bodies.
2019-06-20 20:24
 | 
Denmark sNju 
What? If you're under 21 in the US you can't drink. If you're under 18 in the EU you can't buy cigarettes. Amateur boxers have to wear head protection, racers have to wear helmets. Cars are electronically limited to 250km/h or something like that. And obviously speed limits everywhere. What part of what I wrote is not correct? Addiction is a very serious disease, and it should never be allowed to be advertised in a game with a young audience imo. - and in Denmark and probably all of Europe, there's a huge focus on gambling. You can only register with your NemID, which is a unique login every citizen has, so you can't just make multiple accounts, and all betting companies are forced to stop you if you show addiction patterns etc. Do you think Betway would stop you losing all your money without the EU forcing them to focus on it? No fucking way, they would laugh while reaching into your pocket, and not give a flying fuck. Companies will prey on the weak if they're not being regulated. At least most companies will. It's very rare to see companies not acting like that. And those that don't often do it because they can make more money being "nice guys".
2019-06-20 20:36
 | 
So alcohol can't hurt you if your over 21? Your an idiot thats completely irrelevant I didn't say I think 8 year olds should be able to gamble. Addiction isn't a disease. Its a condition or disorder. I don't think its betways responsibility to stop people from betting at all, is that your argument that it should be? I did say that I think when a problem arouses then the government should step in and get that person help and stop them from doing whatever they were addicted to, But I don't think just stopping everyone from doing anything that could hurt someone is the solution, I think that's insane. I think stopping the issues once they arise is a better solution because obviously there is no perfect one.
2019-06-20 20:44
 | 
Denmark sNju 
centeronaddiction.org/what-addiction/add.. You shouldn't talk about things that you clearly have very limited knowledge about. Go educate yourself on the subject, and then I'm sure this discussion would have a very different tone.
2019-06-21 00:22
 | 
lmao good job ignoring the entirety of the argument to correct something that isn't relevant to 95% of the statement anyway. I'm not here to argue semantics with you, my point didn't change a single bit regardless of you pointing that out your just trying to take an intellectual high ground. Bro you're on HLTV no one thinks your smart. We can have a political discussion and throw some small jabs back and fourth if you want but i'm not going to sit here and argue semantics with you. "You shouldn't talk about things you clearly have limited knowledge about, go educate yourself on the subject" You found that from a 10 seconds google, you aren't educated a damn bit either. People are allowed to have opinions and its the fucking internet you don't have to have a PHD to have an opinion
2019-06-21 14:12
 | 
Denmark sNju 
No you don't have to have a PHD to have an opinion. But you better shut the fuck up if someone with a PHD tells you that you're wrong. Dude you're american/canadian and you write "your" instead of "you're", and you expect me to spend time reading what you write? smh... You said addiction isn't a disease. I correct you. What's the problem? Why the fuck waste me and your time by even responding? It's a fucking disgrace to see how you can't talk or write proper English. I can't even imagine writing so terrible Danish. I'm not 10.
2019-06-21 14:19
 | 
bro you don't have a phd, and linking an article you found on google to prove a part of my argument irrelevant to the rest and that has no impact on my point wrong makes you a moron. LOL this is what happens every time i argue with a European on this website, you change the subject and then point out grammar issues like I pay attention or give a shit if I have perfect grammar. Bro no one gives a shit I type the fastest version of shit IDC if its right, your just nitpicking to make yourself look smart but you just make yourself look butt hurt. I also don't type laughing my ass off instead of lmao, or okay instead of ok Its an internet fourm page get over yourself You ignored the entirety of my argument to prove the only thing wrong that you could because you don't actually have an argument for the stuff we were actually talking about. your so cute getting upset over someones grammar on a counter strike forum no one tries and it doesn't make you smart to double check your post before you post it to make sure your post is capable of getting a B- on a college english exam.
2019-06-21 14:51
 | 
Denmark sNju 
Aahhh shit, I'm not reading that. Bye bye
2019-06-21 16:40
regulation is different than banning it completely. you basically said we shouldn't let people shoot heroin and i answered to that. prohibition doesn't work. people will still buy heroin from black market and like you said, rob people to get their fix. so why don't we just give them free heroin? it's cheap to manufacture, there's no problem with cost. and we are basically already doing this with opioid replacement therapy, i'm not sure if denmark allows heroin to be used but some european countries do.
2019-06-20 20:55
 | 
Denmark sNju 
That's the most stupid shit I've read in a long time. Heroin is very deadly, and will fuck your body up in a very short time. There's a reason it's illegal.
2019-06-21 00:20
well, i suggest you look things up instead of calling me stupid. heroin does not fuck your body up in a very short time. actually, heroin is physically safer to the body than many other drugs like alcohol, tobacco or amphetamines. heroin is an opioid, just like many other painkillers like oxycodone and morphine. they all have the same effects on the body, it's mostly just the potency that varies. people with chronic pain take opioids for decades without any severe adverse effects. oh, and like i said, opioid replacement therapy, that's where drug addicts are given opioids so they can live a somewhat normal life. i checked and denmark actually gives addicts heroin (in finland it's buprenorphine / methadone, again opioids and similar effects to heroin but doesn't fuck up your body even with years of use). heroin is deadly because in black market the purity varies so much and it's mixed with even more potent drugs (fentanyl) that people overdose accidentally. you don't see people dying from overdose in a hospital setting or opioid replacement therapy even thought it's the same drug because it's pure and measured dose. the main reason heroin is illegal is because it's extremely addictive.
2019-06-21 00:52
 | 
Denmark sNju 
Dude don't even try and teach me shit about addiction and drugs, especially heroin. I've lost 2 uncles to that shit. Heroin, like many other drugs, requires higher and higher doses to get the same high. If you could get all the heroin your body craved, then you'd eventually take it so many times per day that it would cost tens of thousands of $. Who should pay for that? The only thing that can ever pay such an addiction is crime. The main reason heroin is illegal is because it's extremely addictive... Yes? Exactly what I've been saying? You're simply not able to USE heroin, you can only ABUSE it. It's not like weed or alcohol, that you can use casually. Obviously some fall into abuse, and those should be helped. All addicts should be helped, and treated. Because it's a disease. That's why alcohol, weed, gambling, pain killers, etc etc, shouldn't be illegal, but kept away from children.
2019-06-21 08:11
sorry for your loss. i have lost several friends as well. it's true heroin requires higher and higher doses to get the same high. but there's a difference between a dose that gets you high and a dose that gets you well. addicts who are severely depressed, homeless etc usually take exceedingly higher dosages because their lives are so miserable sober. but most addicts in "maintenance" take a stable dosage. it wouldn't cost tens of thousand of $ even with ridiculous dosages. you're thinking about the black market prices which are so expensive because of the limited supply and risk that comes with illegality. opioids are VERY CHEAP to produce by a nation state. with synthetic opioids, we're talking about few thousands of dollars to produce enough drug to kill a million people without tolerance. so if an addict was able to take 1000x the lethal dose a day (that's way too generous, in reality it's at most 50x the lethal dosage for 99% of the addicts), it'd be a few dollars per day. there is a limit to how much is possible because all the effects don't scale linearly and at some point you get life threatening side effects even when the dose doesn't get them high. do you see now why i suggest we give people free heroin instead of making them do crimes to pay for their addiction? that's a good opportunity to give those people other help at the same time because if you're doing heroin, everything isn't obviously all right. much easier to prevent the problem when it's just starting to get out of control instead of them hiding their use and then coming to get help after months/years if they're still alive at that point.
2019-06-21 16:32
 | 
Denmark sNju 
I wasn't aware that opioids were that cheap to manufacture tbh. I thought it would cost more. Likewise sorry for your loss. I think we misunderstood eachother from the start. I thought you meant heroin should be legal like alcohol etc. I agree that giving free heroin/morphine/methadone is a great way to keep them out of crime, and also to stop the pushers from making money. But there has to be a long term plan, so it's not just a free way of getting drugs. Addiction is something that can be talked about for years, and a lot of people have very specific ideas of what's wrong and right. Mostly because it affects a lot of people personally. My apologies for attacking you, HLTV is definitely not the place to discuss stuff like this ;-)
2019-06-21 17:40
it really comes down to what you value: individualism vs. collectivism. Both points have some merit. You are just arguing for one extreme.
2019-06-20 20:21
khaos | 
Finland gassed 
continent checks out
If people want to ruin their lives doing hardcore drugs, who cares? #LegalizeMeth2019
 | 
India zlonczek 
racist
would you have preferred a rainbow colored tape?
yes please
 | 
Brazil ims1lence 
I think France don't allow betting sponsors, don't know
Xyp9x | 
Europe NiQa 
French gambling laws: "Many rules restrict advertising games of chance, in particular in relation to the protection of minors or the fight against addiction."
2019-06-21 16:46
easy | 
Asia B2o 
idk
2019-06-21 17:40
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.