Thread has been deleted
Last comment
most ethical taxes
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
which taxes are the most ethical way for a government to take money from their citizens? imo: Tarrifs (best) > Sales Tax (basic nessecities exempt) > general Sales tax > Income Tax > Property/Wealth/Inheritance Tax (worst)
2019-07-18 02:23
Tarrifs, Border-Adjustment Tax, Corporate Tax, Digital Tax Worse Taxes: Property Tax, Family Tax, Income Tax, Social Security, Inheritance Tax
2019-07-18 02:27
Most of the things you mentioned result in your money being double/triple taxed, with Inheritance Tax being the absolute worst. Harmonized sales tax should also be added, 15% in this province. Its gross.
2019-07-18 02:37
I heard Canadian taxes suck
2019-07-18 03:46
imo: we don't need taxes if the means of production are in the hand of the workers
2019-07-18 02:27
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
so 100% taxes?
2019-07-18 02:29
see #10, no taxes. sowjets got enough money anyway because private employers are the biggest problem for our financal system atm.
2019-07-18 02:38
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
an authoritarian government which takes all your money by default and just gives you back whatever it feels like in capitalism at least you get the part of your production that you and your employer agreed upon also you can buy stonks and nobody stops you from starting a co-op company
2019-07-18 02:40
It is a bit more complicated than that, you would still need services, justice, public servants, the army, etc.
the sowjets (which are in the hand of the workers) got the money to do that because there are no private employers, just the great state of the workers, peasents and soldiers in a perfect society.
2019-07-18 02:34
So you want auto-regulated army, police and justice ? It seems like a terrible, dangerous idea that would end up with a putsch. Also who is going to take care of non-working uneducated people ? And you are going to send random people to do diplomacy in other countries ? How do you regulate international trade and borders ? Corruption ? Minimal state is always needed, and that means taxes. Lenin was an advocate of mass propaganda, state police and forced labour in goulags. Even him did not believe in a country run by sowjets (who might still work at the local level though).
2019-07-18 02:42
8/8
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
who will pay the muslims then? they arent workers xaxaxa
2019-07-18 02:30
0/8
Shouldn't you have a German flag since Lenin was an agent of Germany?
2019-07-18 02:35
Living tax best Every day you live government takes 90% of your assets
property tax lul id rather call it straigth up scam
2019-07-18 02:33
 | 
United States Acehavok 
I’d reverse it, the best people to tax are dead rich people. Why does a son deserve a $100,000,000 fortune just for being part of the good sperm club. They don’t spend the money anyways, biggest myth in economics, they horde a majority of their money. Tariffs are okay with nation who have worse working standards, but otherwise free trade is fine between similar nations, like Canada and US, but Mexico is no bueno.
2019-07-18 02:40
I don't get why people are offended by the idea of taxing inheritance indeed. Less taxes on working people/companies and heavy taxes on inheritors and annuitants. Best way to reward hard work and talent.
2019-07-18 02:46
 | 
United States Acehavok 
Because you’re “stealing” hard earned money from someone who didn’t earn it, obviously makes sense to oppose it.
2019-07-18 03:00
You can achieve what you want via estate taxes, i.e., the unrealized gains that have never been taxed. Not taxing a transfer of wealth simply because it's another transfer of wealth. However, the issue with an inheritance tax (at least in UK, edit: shouldn't include Canada) is how the rich avoid paying it through the various loop holes, e.g., Duke of Westminister who managed to circumvent a 40% IHT. Edit: And that's not even discussing how asinine 40% is.
2019-07-18 03:22
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
inheritance taxes will always either have huge loopholes or hurt the economy massively
2019-07-18 03:14
 | 
United States Acehavok 
How do they hurt the economy.
2019-07-18 03:16
The issue is with the development of (or maintaining) aristocracies, e.g., forces people with wealth to spend it or invest it otherwise the state takes massive a cut. Edit: Should add Canada, AFIAK, is the only G7 country without an inheritance or estate tax.
2019-07-18 03:25
 | 
United States Acehavok 
It’s good for the economy to spend wealth or tax wealth, it’s not good to horde wealth like what conservatives want the tax policy to allow.
2019-07-18 03:26
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
rich people have it invested in their businesses, they aren't hoarding it under their matress, they didnt get rich by hoarding lol
2019-07-18 03:30
 | 
United States Acehavok 
You think Walmart just dumps all their money on their employees and new buildings to expand? No. The only big business I can think of that dumps all their money is Amazon because they want to become this super monopoly.
2019-07-18 03:42
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
because the childern of family businesses have to sell a large part of their company the problem isn't with people having to sell liquid assets but selling illiquid ones can be a big problem
2019-07-18 03:21
 | 
United States Acehavok 
I don’t know how it works in Germany but that’s not how it works here.
2019-07-18 03:27
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
how does it work in america?
2019-07-18 03:31
 | 
United States Acehavok 
From what I can tell it’s already like what I described in #36. Except our estate tax hasn’t been anywhere near 70% in recent history so it’s never been a problem where the business would be a chunk of the total taxes required.
2019-07-18 03:39
 | 
United States Acehavok 
40% to much for you?
2019-07-18 03:16
+1 it wouldnt be fair for the family but thats a really good idea. not only would this help the poor it could prevent people from turning into spoiled idiots spending 500k a day because of their inheritance. that will probably also fuck up their future generations because of the terrible lifestyle
2019-07-18 03:04
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
they invest their money in companies who will create great and innovative products and create lots of jobs, how do you think they got rich? regarding inheritance itself, you have to think from the perspective of the parents; imagine you worked hard your entire life; started your own small business and lived frugally to give your childern and grandchildern a better opportunity in life than you had; then you die and your children inherit your company, but they can't pay because the wealth is illiquid so they have to sell part of their company shares to random people which weakens your family business or even worse you have to sell the "means of production" which will fuck of if you exclude companies it will just be a stupid homeowner tax inheritance just makes sure that parents care about the future generation and makes them act sustainably
2019-07-18 03:11
 | 
United States Acehavok 
Inheritance is fine to some extent, like if it’s a business I don’t think it should be broken up, even if it’s Amazon. But if it’s cash, investments, or property then it should be taxed. That’s the whole point of it being fortunes over x amount. In the US the idea is 70% over 10 million, very very very few families are passing down more than 10 million in assets, thus it only affects the rich who can afford to be taxed heavily.
2019-07-18 03:22
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
but they have to sell part of their business to be able to pay their tax liability and if you only tax liquid assets you can either you put them into a cheap llc or intentionally buy illiquid stuff
2019-07-18 03:25
 | 
United States Acehavok 
I don’t agree with having to sell part of the business or if they do they should be able to keep 51% no matter what. Say their total wealth is 50 million and 25 million of that is the business and the tax rate is 70% over 10 million. So 70% on 40 million would be 28 million. They should just be taxed all of the liquid assets and be able to keep the business in whole, even though that’d technically mean they should owe another 3 million.
2019-07-18 03:36
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
what if 49 million of their wealth is in their 51% share of the company?
2019-07-18 03:40
 | 
United States Acehavok 
Then take all the liquid assets like I just described. No rich person who has that big of business holds so little in assets.
2019-07-18 03:44
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
they hold most of it in a company (mostly to defer taxes)
2019-07-18 03:45
 | 
United States Acehavok 
No because if they’re smart they won’t keep all their eggs in one basket. Your business goes down you’re fucked. Plus passive income (stocks and bonds) gets taxed less than active income, aka a business/job.
2019-07-18 03:51
Because is not about the son "getting it good for free" , you see it from that pov because you're envious and cowardly , it's about the father wanting to give his life achievements to his son , you mean to tell me that Alexis Sanchez who came from ACTUAL POVERTY , not U.S American black poor , not UK london poor , im talking REAL POVERTY , he worked his way to the top , he didnt do drugs nor rockstar shit , just applied to the sport , has a son , and wants his son to have it as good as he can since Alexis himself had it almost as bad as it gets , then , because you're a fucking loser and you think you're god and you know better what to do with other people's money and where it should go , that you get to come in between that intimate genuine love relation to just break it with the boot of the government , take whatever you feel is "right" and if he don't pay up what you feel like , he getting whipped , and his son is his partner in crime cuz....he was born i guess....mannn , im not religious at all , i don't believe in no jesus or shit , but shit if theres a fucking hell , you ain't getting away from it , there will be special seats for you there.
2019-07-18 03:26
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
+1111 finally somebody else that understands it's about the dad who wants his children to benefit from his wealth that he earned over his entire life and spend sustainably (without blowing it off)
2019-07-18 03:29
 | 
United States Acehavok 
You just proved my point, the man who made the fortune worked his ass off to get it, his son did jack shit. We shouldn’t reward people for doing jack shit and allow them to get a gigantic handout just for getting born to the right person. The new proposal of 70% over 10 million isn’t like the son will be dirt poor. $10,000,000 tax free plus 30% of the rest of the wealth is nothing to scoff at. You’re talking about a tax that would affect less than 0.1%
2019-07-18 03:57
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
he did it for his son
2019-07-18 03:49
 | 
United States Acehavok 
You think he planned on making a fortune? No he planned on making a good life. A good life and a fortune bigger than some countries’ economies are 2 different things.
2019-07-18 03:53
 | 
Germany xsyzzz123 
yes but he wantes a good life for his children which often is more important
2019-07-18 03:55
 | 
United States Acehavok 
And? They had a good life and would continue to have a good life getting $10,000,000 + 30%. Considering they did nothing that’s pretty good.
2019-07-18 03:56
No , you just absolutely destroy your point and any sort of credibility you had with this " The new proposal of 70% over 10 million isn’t like the son will be dirt poor" The father , ALREADY WANTED THE SON TO KEEP IT ALL WHEN HE WAS STILL ALREADY POOR AS FUCK , YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING CRETIN , So if i make it out of the ghetto , and i've always dreamed to give my son absolutely everything i can give him , and i happen to come up with some crazy shit that changes the world and become billionaire , i made all that wealth , I MADE IT , I EARNT IT , People who benefitted from that invention are happy , yet I don't get to have my dream come true , i want my son to have all of that wealth , but because you're there after i've done all this good , and i was able to overcome adversity with morality , responsibility , hard will and hard work , OH WAIT , naaah im an oligarch so fuck my son , if i made 9 billion before dying , my son only gets to keep roughly 2.x of those 9 billions , what if he was already planning to spend 5 of those 9 billion to improve the entire world even more???? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????? also , you are aware that that evil capitalist oligarch rich U.S American "elite" 1% .... PAYS 80% OF YOUR TAXES, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?!??!?? you clown , you're already draining them to a point where they were never supposed to be drained at , what more do you want you fucking leech??? you want it all??? No morality , no principle , no knowledge , no consistency....why do i even try with you scumbags??!?!?!? what is wrong with me...
2019-07-18 03:56
 | 
United States Acehavok 
Just because you WANT to give everything to your son doesn’t mean that’s how it SHOULD be, it doesn’t benefit anyone besides the son who did nothing. In the US the top 1% pays 37% of all income tax and 25% of the federal tax burden, so you’re flat out wrong there but nt. The son did not work for anything thus did not earn anything. Getting 2 billion instead of 9 billion is like crying over spilled milk. Woah is me I only get enough wealth to open thousands of companies for doing zero work. I cri era tim. Expected from poor Argentinian who thinks he could be the next Jeff Bezos.
2019-07-18 04:11
1) You are right , i got the numbers wrong in that one "The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent)." 2) "Just because you WANT to give everything to your son doesn’t mean that’s how it SHOULD be, it doesn’t benefit anyone besides the son who did nothing" "just because you earnt your money doesn't mean that you get to do what you want with it , even if it doens't hurt anyone and even benefits" again , just because you think you can take the money that i made because of some agenda that you have doesn't mean you have the right to take it , but the whole premise of the son being the only benefited person is just pure nonsense , so if my son decides to fund a bunch of research and development of some indie lab in Panama that ends up creating a sustainable cure for aids that's 4$ the unit and now aids is gone from human history without side effects???? who do you think you are?!?!??! "The son did not work for anything thus did not earn anything" I worked for it and i can do whatever i want with that money as long as i don't violate anyone else's individual human inherent rights , nor anyone's constitutional rights for obvious reason , WHO'S RIGHT AM I VIOLATING BY GIVING MY MONEY AWAY TO SOMEONE I LOVE?!??!?! Where is this going jesus!?!??!?!?! , in fact , by logic , the one violating my rights would be you (the government) by violating my individual liberty to do with my money as i please as long as i dont hurt anyone , like the closet fascist that you are. "Getting 2 billion instead of 9 billion is like crying over spilled milk" No , that's in your head mate , because you are only thinking of 9 billion from YOUR point of view , and YOUR life and what YOU would do if you were given that money right now , because as all leftists , at the end of the day all you really care about is yourself and power , 9 to 2 billion dollars is a huge 7 billions difference , soooo much more medicine , technology , inventions and so on could be financed with that amount of money , but since you think "well im already stacked with weed , cars , bitches , cocaine , huge house , food and gaming pc with 400K so :P" you must think "ahhh that much money can't be even useful" , mate...the only useless thing around here is you. and to top it all "Expected from poor Argentinian who thinks he could be the next Jeff Bezos." the condenscendent elitist leftist finally showing his true colors , i wonder what would your comrades think if they saw you talking shit like that to a Latino , after all , im supposed to be an opressed victim minority in your country no? hahahahahahah fucking clowns. ps: Jeff Bezos has never been a role model of mine , but it is ironic for you to talk condescending about him since he's probably smarter than your whole family put together.
2019-07-18 04:24
This conversation/argument is going nowhere especially after reading #50. With what you believe in, the world’s businesses would only become more monopolized and creat bigger wealth gaps faster than the current system. You wouldn’t be able to pay for anything besides very basic government functions.
2019-07-18 09:04
 | 
Ukraine Edddddd 
Regressive outcome tax system
2019-07-18 03:29
The same as every tax and regulation reform i'd put in to fix any country , universally: 1) Delete every single tax and regulation that exists up to that point: 2) This will be the only taxes from there on out: *Federal Income Tax = For citizens who make more than 5.000.000U$D per year , the federal government will take 3.5% of their generated wealth from there upwards , no more , no less. *Federal Corporate Tax = For corporations that generate more than 20.000.000U$D per year , the federal government will take 3.5% of the earnt wealth from there on out , no more , no less. Only regulations will be in giving tax breaks to pro-enviromental industries , example , if huawei opens up a factory in the country in question and decides to go all electrical with nuclear or solar solutions (basically self sufficient with basically 0 co2 emissions) then their corporate tax will be reduced from 3.5% to 1.% , but it has to have literally 0 co2 emissions and it can't be toxic nor smell nasty and shit , it has to be truly self-sufficient or near self sufficient with less than 3% contamination rate. Maybe some regulations on weaponry import since that seems reasonable. 0 tariffs , 0 taxes for the little guy , 0 taxes for the average guy , 0 taxes for the poor , 0 taxes for the entrepeneur AS IT SHOULD BE , 100% of the taxes paid by the ones with the money , but they must be low so that you atract everyone , get them jobs for the poor , get them enterprises fighting eachother to install themselves in this new land of the free , it will mostly benefit the worker who's wage becomes more valuable due to competition. Europe is doomed as fuck , yall leftist as fuck brainwashed from the age of 4 , get fucked bitches ahhahahahahah.
2019-07-18 04:08
Rating-o-meter
NEXT MATCH
Help GTR perform and have a chance to win a package for your team
Boost his rating with
Runtime Nutrition
20% on everything at
Click here to have a chance to win
BOOST
BOOST
BOOST
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.