Thread has been deleted
Last comment
HLTV Reply Limits
YEKINDAR | 
China lxxldefinitelynot10yeared 
Just get rid of them already. Or at least provide a reason on why they exist in the first place. The only one I can understand is the account activation with 25 comments when you first make one, but even then, it seems to discourage new people to participate in the forums. The 150 reply limit was originally meant to stop spam but the 10 second post limit just makes it obsolete. The 5-per day limit for inactive accounts is also sort of pointless in my opinion. It means that it's harder for people to come back to CS:GO if they started playing other games for a while or something. Not everybody has time to post everyday on the forums, but if they want to participate in a meaningful discussion, they can't just because they haven't been very active.
2019-07-22 01:18
We need a limit to "HLTV Reply Limits" threads imo
2019-07-22 01:20
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
So me because I have a brain and play LoL instead of a game that goes apeshit over NA being #1 for 5 months.
>having a brain >not playing a competitive game
2019-07-22 01:22
 | 
France lenin_is_back 
casual games are way better tbh
2019-07-22 01:27
solo casual games are good because they give a lot of freedom to the player multi-players casual game can't give freedom because they have to deal with balance issues
2019-07-22 01:35
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
LoL is indefinitely more competitive than CS will ever be. Takes way more brainpower and teamwork in the higher level to win where as CS as shitters that are braindead and only win aim duels while making retarded decisions in the process (basically all of NA Tier 2 and below and EU Tier 4 and below). LoL players (even in elo as low as Plat) has more IQ about their game than what some CS pros or top tier players even have. The meta chances constantly and if you can't adapt, you lose. Where as CS, everyone complains about the AUG meta because it is something slightly different and would rather keep the game in a frozen time capsule for 20 years and go nostalgic over 1.6 and how CSGO should be more like 1.6 and bla bla bla. CS if you think about it has no weapon variety, the older maps make no use of weapon variety and when Valve tries to make shotguns and SMGS better with certain maps (in the case of Vertigo), hardstuck MG players and pro players complain, say its the worst map because it's something different that CAN change the meta of the game. That's why I cant have fun in CS anymore (even when winning), the game is so bland that even after 2k hours of playing, I find nearly nothing different from CS in 2019 compared to CS back in 2015 when I first started.
2019-07-22 01:27
copypasta lvl bait
2019-07-22 01:30
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
nop. that's just the sad truth which is why I almost never play CS anymore.
2019-07-22 01:31
because it's awesome getting rekt by that one op character you couldn't ban because 10 other were even more broken it's not because you prefer a casual game over a competitive one you play casually that the game is better
2019-07-22 01:34
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
High elo isn't retarded enough to let broken champs through. And if shit like Yi and Twitch and anything else is open, you can just dodge and lose LP while keeping ur hidden MMR (for LoL at least). I tried climbing in both games and even though I was improving in both the games I was climbing, LoL feels more valuable because not just higher IQ in general to climb but it feels more like a team game than CS will ever be. It's not until you reach MGE you start to see more team play and less of solo play where as LoL, even in Gold elo you see a shit ton of team play (and longer games too). I can't speak for DotA because I can hardly even play bots to get used to everything in the game as I wanted to try that game too but CS in comparison is more off individual and in some cases brain dead aim. When you see someone get 3 one tap entry into a B stack to transition it into an ace, that doesn't mean they're good. When you see a 2v2 top lane with both junglers go into your way with a champ like Ryze, Irelia, Akali, you have to set to be getting ganked or getting a gank then you have to set up the wave on the fly, observe your cooldowns before hand on your ult or summoner spells, do your combo precisely and correctly, coordinate your jungler and their cooldowns, and make a play or a response to a play. If we go to a 5v5 teamfight it gets even more complicated than that and if you want to go to pro LoL, you wont understand one thing that's going on that can win a team a 5v5 teamfight.
2019-07-22 01:45
nt but until high diamond the only thing that players can do is play their characters 0 clues about rotation, 0 clues about how the game works
2019-07-22 01:49
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
In NA, sure with one tricks but there are still players there that are versatile in their champ pool. But in EU and Asia? Not at all. One tricks have a hard time thriving in those regions especially in KR where in Challenger, One tricks hardly exists. The only One tricks I can think of in KR Challenger back then was a Mordekaiser one trick (before the rework so he was literally a game breaking bug filled champ) and that was 2 years ago. Hell even after high plat in NA, people start to roam more and make more rotations actually. But the meta changes every year. A few older champs get reworked every year because they are shit (like Urgot, Swain, Irelia, Aatrox, Akali, Nunu, Kayle, Mordekaiser), entire item classes get reworked every here and there (like crit and other marksmen items) and if you can't change up what you are doing, you will fade. In CS on the other hand, only ONE unique different map got added to the map pool that has never existed there before which is Vertigo since 2015 and people despise that map. People lose their shit when Cobble got a mini rework where as Dust 2 sees very little changes to its layout at all and people think the makeover was ok. Fuck no it wasn't. Still the same old shit from 2015. AUG and SG are viable? Not without community backlash. The CS community as a whole is so one dimmensional as to what the game should be that I'm surprised that anyone can play the game for more than 5k hours and not notice that 2019 CSGO is very very similar to 2015 CSGO. 2019 LoL isn't even comparable to 2014 LoL, even down to the client and the map and the champs that didn't get reworked or the champs that weren't added and the rune pages I can go on. I started to play CSGO again during the AUG and SG meta. Why? Because the game now actually plays differently significantly because M4's are shit and it made me appreciate the other guns in the game like Shotguns and SMGs and even in some cases the M249 more because they still serve atleast one purpose in the game. You can use a shotgun to hold apts or use SMGs to take early control of apts while not investing a lot or using an AUG or SG to hold outside instead of an AWP to save money. Buying the same M4, AK, and AWP bullshit is that eventually makes the game stale. And when new maps are not being added and the community keeps throwing temper tantrums when Valve tries to change CSGO into something different that won't go stale in the next week, the game will die from the inside out. The game could have died in 2017/2018 if the CSGO team did nothing to stop PUBG and Fortnite from taking over. Why? Because Battle royale at the time was a different experience from the same defusal gamemode. Sure it isn't Counter Strike but it's something unique. Why is it that I had enjoyed climbing in LoL for a year and a half more so compared to CSGO for 4.5 years?
2019-07-22 02:22
You say you have a brain but play League instead of DotA... something isn't right here
2019-07-22 01:25
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
I tried DotA but the turn rate, mana costs, and cooldowns aren't my style ontop of the fact that Top Lane in LoL is wayyyyyy more different than that in DotA and in a way I hate it (basically almost always are you in a 2v1 lane which isn't my cup of tea in LoL). I feel like Mid lane can be a little similar in both games tho but I'm not used to mid lane in LoL anymore. I might go back to it because Riot thinks buffing Cassiopeia is a good idea.
2019-07-22 01:29
>have a brain >play LoL
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
Any top tier moba game like DotA and LoL take way more game knowledge than CS. Not to mention the game has hardly evolved at all compared to 2015.
2019-07-22 01:31
"having a brain" is more about intelligence than knowledge, and I'm pretty sure cs requires it way more than mobas
2019-07-22 01:33
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
You've never played a moba before I can tell. Literally no one talks about Liquid's economy manipulation VS Ence today and in LoL, if you cannot manipulate your wave, you will be hardstuck silver.
2019-07-22 01:37
You've never understood what intelligence is before I can tell.
2019-07-22 01:44
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
Ok have fun playing a game full of braindead aimers who play for round clout and not for the team and actually winning and climbing. Once you find CS to be boring because the meta doesn't change at all without community backlash, I'll see you playing PUBG and Fortnite because you still hate mobas and you find CS boring (like me).
2019-07-22 01:46
btw. are we talking about pro level or casual randoms? because being a casual noob obviously doesn't require brain in any game that ever existed anyways cs is just more intelligence dependent than mobas, get over it
2019-07-22 02:15
 | 
Canada Shadoww_ 
Pro play is too obvious but even Diamond players more know about LoL than high elo CS players know about CS and Diamond can now arguably be low elo because of the rank distribution. I've been playing CS since 2015, and started climbing in CS from 2016-2017. After that it was me playing like once every week or 2 here and there. CS isn't more intelligent than mobas. If that were the case then every gun in CSGO would see significant use but that's not the case. Only a select few of guns have been staple in CS history and still is to this day such as the M4, AK, AWP, Deagle, USP, Glock. No one gives a shit about shotguns or SMGs (until 2016). Why? Because they aren't meta. Then Valve tries to change up the meta a bit only to receive backlash in return. In LoL, you can go in depth with the changes in the meta since 2009 (where the meta was developing) to 2019. There exists champs like Ryze and Azir that require so much champ and game knowledge that they have poor winrates in low AND high elo but are contested picks in pro play. It's as if I added a new gun in CS that has a very weird spray pattern and accuracy, but if mastered can be the best gun in the game because the damage and or fire rate and or cost backs it up. In CS there doesn't exist a gun that can come close to that purpose other than the FAMAS with it's weird spray pattern (but poor overall accuracy even when mastered), FAMAS in burst, M249, maybe the AWP depending on what elo you are in. In CSGO you have utility usage, you have map knowledge, gun knowledge, you have positioning, you have mid round knowledge, you have economy manipulation (that no one talks about btw). In LoL, you have lane manipulation, you have setting up your lane for a proper gank that wont go wrong, you have setting up your lane for a 1v1, you have positioning, you have back timings, you have to know what slow pushing and fast pushing is, you have to find out when you should roam and how to roam effectively and what lanes to gank, you have jungle creep timers, you have to deal with getting vision on the fucking map, you have runes, you have items, you have item actives, you have a champ pool that can act very differently ontop of the fact that there are 5 different roles in the game where as in CS people tend to have only 2-3 effective roles total because they can't be bothered to know what lurking or being an IGL is, and mid round shot calling like CS but with more pressure as it is very punishing if you make an error so the pressure is on more so than in CS which makes IGLs, coaches, analysts more valued and are as a result, top priority more so in LoL than in CS.
2019-07-22 02:39
sorry dude, not gonna read it today
2019-07-22 02:40
 | 
Netherlands NELK 
10 second limit isn't bad at all
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one, but it is effective enough to prevent spam in my opinion. It takes 10 seconds to say something meaningful, so I think it's fine; I barely hit it.
2019-07-22 01:21
+1 it's good
+1000000000000000^10000000000000^100000000000
 | 
Germany cucKingxaxa)) 
+1 maybe they could increase the 10 second limit to 15 after 100 posts, 20 after 150 etc instead if there really needs to be something stricter
ScorpioN | 
Brazil MeineK 
+1 this guy deserves moderator.
2019-07-22 01:23
0/8
-1 you want to punish more experienced and dedicated users? wtf((
 | 
Germany cucKingxaxa)) 
obviously only as daily limit not for total comments and maybe not as extreme like maybe 12 sec after 100, 15 after 150, 18 after 200 posts and so on in the last 24h
2019-07-22 02:56
that way it sounds way better but those limits are still useless 10 sec or 20 sec it changes nothing
2019-07-22 03:03
 | 
Germany cucKingxaxa)) 
well then maybe go 30 secs after 150 and 1 min after 200 or something maybe a bit less but that would surely change something, just don't do a hard 150 limit
2019-07-22 03:07
+1 imo accounts with 500+ comments should have no limit
2019-07-22 01:22
No. There is ppl "+1" all comments in threads to get more comments number. This will not help.
2019-07-22 01:24
That's fine in my opinion. If they have 500+ comments and they are still spamming, then they will get banned. If they spend that effort to get above 500 comments but they stop spamming, I don't really see any problem.
yeah but they gonna get banned before reaching 500
2019-07-22 01:26
kike | 
Liechtenstein Chortled 
+1
2019-07-22 02:17
imo: 1000 comments = 200 limit 5000 comments = 250 limit 10000 comments = 300 limit 50000 = unlimited
2019-07-22 01:26
nobody can get an account to 50k comments without getting 10yeard, only admins
we will see 😎
2019-07-22 01:35
 | 
United States gtmaniacmda 
I only have 13000 and I'm halfway to my 10-year :((((((((
2019-07-22 03:06
Wait no
hltv has been getting less and less freedom over the last 2 years,it is a bit sad considering its peak.
2019-07-22 01:45
OCEAN | 
Reunion 1iquser 
please nomad
2019-07-22 02:17
 | 
United States gtmaniacmda 
I comment WAY too much, and even I have never hit 150 in a day
2019-07-22 03:06
noob
Rating-o-meter
NEXT MATCH
Help GTR perform and have a chance to win a package for your team
Boost his rating with
Runtime Nutrition
20% on everything at
Click here to have a chance to win
BOOST
BOOST
BOOST
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.