Thread has been deleted
Last comment
NA vs EU CSGO
 | 
United States WindyInu 
Why do people talk about population when it comes to amount of CSGO trophies/majors each region has? There's a lot of reasons EU has and always will dominate PC games compared to NA. 1. Europe is smaller/denser than NA, which makes it a lot easier for teams and players to go to LANs around the continent, which gives them a lot more practice and experience with events. 2. Most people in Europe can connect to each other with good enough connection, as most of the main servers are in Germany iirc, when the west coast and east coast of NA can't even play with each other without like 65+ ping to the opposite coast. 3. Because of EU's better internet and connection to each other, building and maintaining online communities for games like CSGO is a lot easier. 4. US and EU have different interests, most people I've seen from NA don't want to go pro and that's reflected by the amount of orgs and FPL slots available to each respective region. These differences are also the reason why NA dominates in console games, since they're a lot more popular here (sports games, fighting games, CoD, etc.). Also, stop saying "EU population = 508 million" EU in CSGO means Europe as a whole (which has a population of 741 million), not the European Union. If it's the latter, then pros from Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine and Turkey aren't "EU" players.
2019-07-22 02:06
 | 
United States WindyInu 
Also, the public transportation (for getting to LANs) available and social safety nets make it a LOT easier for people to be able to make a career out of CSGO.
2019-07-22 02:09
 | 
United States ThisNephew 
most kids in NA grow up playing console games too NA's scene got destroyed twice. Once with that weird source league, and again with the IBP throw
2019-07-22 02:09
 | 
United States WindyInu 
+1, the cultural differences are the biggest reason for NA's lack of a good scene, but "NA SUCKS LOW IQ BURGERS XDDD" is a lot more satisfying for them, I guess
2019-07-22 02:11
Nobody is forcing Americans to yell "USA! USA!". don't act like trash if you don't want to be called trash. it's a CSGO event not a Trump rally.
2019-07-22 02:18
 | 
United States WindyInu 
How is being patriotic and supporting your country/team being trashy? Do you think it's trashy whenever a European country chants for their national team?
2019-07-22 02:25
Video games ain't a national esport though unless it's some kind of national cup. You root for a team not a country and that's why there isn't patriotic chants in EU. And to topic. EU surely has advantage of larger player pool in smaller density which makes for more competition and generally better players but also disadvantage of many different cultures and languages. NA has a clear edge in communication compared to mix teams in EU.
2019-07-23 07:54
 | 
United States WindyInu 
I still don't get why it's bad to chant the name of a country where majority of the team's players are from when you're in said country. They're still representing the country on an international level when they play at a T1 event
2019-07-23 08:14
he is just mad that ence lost, dont worry
2019-07-23 08:22
Whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm disappointed them loosing so easily, expected to put a better fight but the outcome wasn't too surprising. To the point though. 1) Do you chant USA if the opposition team was also NA based? Let's say other team has 2 Americans, 2 Swedes and a Dane and other one has 3 Americans rest doesn't matter. Or team had 2 Americans and other was full Euro? 2) Do you chant USA in team games like ice hockey? Let's say an NHL match between Minnesota vs. St. Louis? Other has over 50% Americans and other 50% Canadians? or Minnesota vs. Montreal? Every player is representing their country even in a mix team but most of all they are representing their team. Tbh it's kind of weird that they even chant USA when 2 of the players are Canadian. And again sure I would chant "Finland" or rather "Suomi" if it was national games.
2019-07-23 12:24
There are so many fans of teams who have no a team representing their countries in top tiers so it makes sense to chant the teams instead of a foreign country and also most of the organizations are foreign country based. The irony of team like Cloud9 having 5 Russians and the people would chant Russia or USA instead of Cloud9. We can even compare it to other professional leagues like where are teams from multiple countries like NHL or Champions League. There are many international fans and teams are international so people just chant the team and they would actually rather see their rivals lose from the same country. National games are a whole different point. Every other sport seems to be team based so why does eSports need to be about nationality instead of teams? Being patriotic to a point is healthy, being overly patriotic makes you seem like an idiot.
2019-07-23 13:02
Because it makes no sense to yell USA USA USA when there are two CSGO teams competing with eachother. I would feel retarded if i were to yell SPAIN SPAIN in any kind of competition between two E-sports clubs, It's not the national team playing. That being said, I actually love the american patriotism.
2019-07-23 13:41
gfi | 
United States DiabIo 
You know when brazil chants for their country i love it, when AUS do their chants i love it. Something about euros get triggered by them... imagine chanting EU EU EU ? probably not
2019-07-23 07:20
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
most kids in Eu play console games growing up...
2019-07-23 07:13
+1, I can't speak for everyone in Europe but I sure did
2019-07-23 07:29
maybe stop calling Europe EU then? also you are wrong about the population because you included Russia and some Eastern European countries that fall into the CIS region in CS.
2019-07-22 02:17
 | 
United States WindyInu 
Everybody says Europe as "EU" in games, every region has its own respective initials. AU, NA, EU, etc. I get where the confusion comes from, but initialisms can have more than one meaning. Also, Eastern Europe is still part of Europe. IIRC, only two CIS countries are counted in "CIS" for CSGO.
2019-07-22 02:26
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
belarus russia Ukraine from europe are cis
2019-07-23 07:14
 | 
United States WindyInu 
Ukraine is EU as far as I know, people always called Navi an EU team when it was 3 Ukrainians
2019-07-23 07:18
 | 
Russia ROIDAZOID 
Ukraine is CIS wtf bro, soon you will be on a video of dumb americanos that thinks the berlin wall was in mexico
2019-07-23 07:34
 | 
United States WindyInu 
flag checks out, Ukraine isn't Russia's pet mens
2019-07-23 07:36
lul true
2019-07-23 08:33
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
navi is cis team
2019-07-23 14:10
gfi | 
United States DiabIo 
All these stupid arguments will never stop on hltv They don't actually achieve anything.
2019-07-22 02:20
1. Not when you take Russia and Ukraine into account. 2. Tell that to Italians and greeks and soooo many other euro countries with no scene. 3. N.A's bandwidth caught up to Eu's and even some asian countries by now thanks to the hardwork google's been doing in the last 4 years , U.S' main issue is routing , Canada and Mexico don't have this issue , it must be something related to politics i conclude. 4. Europeans also do "side shit" besides playing cs , in fact , i'd even say the North American kid is more likely to take the game more serious once he realizes he's milles better than Global Elite matchmaking since N.A has suuuch an easier little ecosystem to actually get fucking paid without being a real pro. Also, American continent population is roughly 1Billion , N.A Alone is roughly 330M of U.S + 130 of Mexico + roughly 40 of Canada , in the end whatever way you want to put it , you all end up being pretty even , if anything , N.A is more first world than EU since is just U.S Canada and Mexico , Mexico is 2nd world , Canada and U.S are about as first world as it gets , whereas Europe has all of the shitty eastern european shitholes to deal with. But i dont understand this thread, you're putting up lame excuses what for?!?! After 12 years N.A is finally back on the top , right after S.A won 2 majors and got knocked down , if anything now we are enjoying the American Continent supremacy , wtf u making excuses for??? Europeans had more veterans who stayed on the escene post-1.6 and America didn't , that's all there is to it please quit making this cringe threads wtf?
2019-07-22 03:00
 | 
United States WindyInu 
It's not lame excuses, it's just pointing out the facts. 1. Russia isn't part of the EU scene, they're CIS. And Ukraine can connect just fine to the rest of Europe. 2. I'm talking about the EU scene as a whole, I'm sure there are factors that limit their participation as whole just like in NA 3. I'm not talking about bandwidth, I'm talking about ping and such. US west and east coasts can't play together reliably without having high enough ping where it makes it borderline unplayable competitively 4. I'm not saying Europeans focus solely on CSGO, I'm saying there's a lot more people who are interested in going pro in Europe, NA has barely anyone who ACTUALLY wants to go pro/play on a professional level (just look at how many people we have in NA FPL vs EU FPL), and our interests are a lot more varied than Europe's when it comes to video games and gaming platforms. Why do you think we dominate in most, if not all, console pro scenes? The population of America as a whole is irrelevant when talking about the NA scene, and the US is barely even a first world country at this point. Look at how much poverty we have compared to Canada and Europe It's not excuses, it's just facts. I don't give a shit about whether EU or NA is better as a scene, it's just annoying how people constantly argue about this bullshit and I wanted to get it out.
2019-07-23 06:37
 | 
United States O_ryan 
+1
2019-07-23 06:50
2019-07-23 06:56
 | 
United States WindyInu 
flair checks out
2019-07-23 06:58
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
in NA you can always have proper communication unlike in eu some russians dont talk english
2019-07-23 07:15
The reason why West Coast and East Coast have ping between eachother is because of routing and nothing else , if U.S American isp's don't want to invest into this is their loss , this could be worked around by building servers in Hiawatha/Leavenworth/Kansas City , Kansas , but nobody wants to put the money in. U.S is ABSOLUTELY a first world country , you have no idea what you're talking about there , you have 0 clue what a 2nd world country is and you CLEARLY have no clue what a 3rd world country is , you're just a brainwashed leftist living in a beautiful little bubble. Also you think the N.A FPLers dont wanna go pro? hahahahahahaha , they want to , they can't because they never pass trials and they have 0 teamwork and they all think they're gonna be the next stewie so all they do is just ffa 24/7 like a bunch of morons. Russia is an European country , you don't have to be in the European Union to be European wtf , is Norway not European??? Iceland??? Switzerland??? U.S has barelly 12.3% Poverty rate , but even if it was 20% , that wouldn't necessarily make the country 3rd world , that's not what determines it hahahahah wtf??? How old are you???
2019-07-23 07:38
 | 
United States WindyInu 
I never said being in the European Union makes you European, re-read my thread if you think that. Russia isn't European in a CS sense, they're part of their own region, CIS. yes, the US is a first world country, but just barely. I'm also not a leftist, nice try there though Also no, a lot of NA FPLers don't want to go pro, many of them are there because they love the game, but not enough to go pro. Russia is partly in Europe, but they're not a European country. I never said being part of the European Union makes you European, re-read my post where I said "EU in CSGO does not mean European Union, it means Europe. If it did then Norwegian pros wouldn't be EU" but that's expected from South American brain Also, the terms "1st/2nd/3rd world" come from an anti-communist propaganda era and don't really even mean anything in the first place
2019-07-23 07:45
Is NA connection really that bad? I doubt it. The only country in EU that has good internet connection with everything provided including infrastructure and everything else is Sweden but it's 2019 and the rest have sort of catch up and it's not like other EU countries hasn't grinded to grow their scene, they did and so did NA but you cannot come up with the internet connection excuse because you had 14 years to catch up in cs and you did but this claim that EU is better because of internet connection is just disrespectful to the others who actually made that happen man.
2019-07-23 07:04
Also it can be argued that NA has the better scene overall since its easier to get travel visas, sponsors, twitch deals and etc just because you are from NA.
2019-07-23 07:06
also OMEGALUL complaining about 50 pings. Laughs in 3d vs complexity days
 | 
United States WindyInu 
the deals and sponsors may be better, but that's irrelevant to how easy it is to actually build up to GETTING those sponsors and deals
2019-07-23 07:21
You are clueless dude
2019-07-23 07:34
 | 
United States WindyInu 
so you think it's easier for a NA player to go pro compared to an EU player? how many EU orgs are there compared to NA orgs for CS?
2019-07-23 07:37
 | 
United States WindyInu 
I'm not saying it's just bc of internet, that's just one small part of it also NT on the internet being bad thing fastmetrics.com/internet-connection-spee.. Not to mention, internet speed is kind of irrelevant when talking about gaming, unless you're talking about like 500Kbps
2019-07-23 07:23
Like I said, NA had 14 years to catch up into EU internet connectivity assuming it really affects that much. If your talking back then POLAND had really bad internet connection and still able to destroy Tier 1 CS in 2005/2006. Why? Because they practiced like crazy and even with high ping practice with german teams even if they were getting laggy and getting owned because the ydo not give up. Also regarding this internet thing you seem to miss out when East Coast used to play West Coast NA teams, sure they used to complain about this but never use it as a FACT that they are playing worse because of INTERNET which RENDERS YOUR POINT COMPLETELY NULL as NA went on to become top two teams by the end of 2005/2006 so please don't disrespect people by pointing out silly things like this
2019-07-23 07:37
 | 
United States WindyInu 
I'm just pointing it out because it's a factor that needs to be taken into account, it's not disrespectful to point out that US servers locations are generally shit for pairing up people across the country. Also, again, I'm not talking about how good the internet is, because that has little to no effect on ping in-game unless you're talking about like 500Kbps
2019-07-23 07:39
EU bragging about being dominant in CSGO is like Americans bragging about being dominant in COD. So many Euros play CSGO compared to Americans, and right now the number 1 team is Liquid lmao.
2019-07-23 07:05
gfi | 
United States DiabIo 
difference is we created everything
Yup, CSGO, Dota 2, LOL, Starcraft 2, Fortnite, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, etc...
2019-07-23 07:09
EU cocky but im sure every eu teenager knows what cs is 80% of people here play play fortnite or on console, and the other 20% are just random games casually Im the only one playing cs in my 1000 students school How many denmark kids play cs? Id say atleast 60% of them
2019-07-23 07:11
 | 
Norway CheNaLii 
60%??????? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
2019-07-23 13:32
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
In Na everybody speaks same language so obviously its easier to form teams
2019-07-23 07:16
 | 
United States WindyInu 
It's not easier to form teams when nobody here wants to actually form a team, there's a lot more that goes into forming a team than just language. Dedication, time, availability to travel, etc.
2019-07-23 07:22
 | 
Finland kasperr272 
yeah but more people= easier to find people who have those qualities
2019-07-23 14:10
Players from Turkey aren't EU players
2019-07-23 07:27
 | 
United States blessedMMA 
racist
2019-07-23 07:30
But Thrace
2019-07-23 07:33
 | 
United States WindyInu 
you sure mens?
2019-07-23 07:36
Wow i have see lots of excuse threads but this one is the clear winner, NA just sucks accept bro and you're a low IQ burger
2019-07-23 12:28
 | 
Turkey BuRaK@ 
+1
2019-07-23 12:33
 | 
Germany Deutschland! 
I only know a few germans who play CS and most of them started playing with 1.6. All younger kids play fortnite and console in general.
2019-07-23 12:39
Pogba | 
Romania wavyyy 
na has the best team atm,eu has the better scene overall,stop creating dumb excuses off why your scene is shitier than eu's,enjoy your time while u are #1 instead off braging
2019-07-23 12:50
 | 
United States Troglxdyte 
The ping from coast to coast is actually almost 100ms using the standard coaxial cable internet. Anyway, this really is true. I for one, played FPS games on console for 10 years, only discovering CSGO in 2017. My console friends never heard of CSGO. It's amazing with all these difficulties we still became #1 at CSGO. We're the best at everything we do. Something about our culture makes this happen, idk what it is but I'm happy.
2019-07-23 13:10
 | 
Norway CheNaLii 
1. Its much easier for NA to form teams. There is no getting around it. In Europe we have many languages and cultures. 2. Okay sure I can see that being a problem. 3. As I said we in Europe have a challenge that NA doesnt have, which is language barriers. So I dont agree to your statement about it being easier to form communities etc. 4. Sorry but that is just total bs. When I was young me and my friends ONLY played console. I didnt start playing PC until I was 13 years old, and I didnt even play FPS games until I was 15. And it is the same with my brother. He is 13 and all his friends play console, and they havent touched a PC game
2019-07-23 13:40
 | 
Norway CheNaLii 
An example on a huge problem could be France. You can even see this in the french scene today. The vast majority of them have super bad english. The biggest exception is NBK. Therefore its super hard to form teams with french people.
2019-07-23 13:43
Rating-o-meter
NEXT MATCH
Help GTR perform and have a chance to win a package for your team
Boost his rating with
Runtime Nutrition
20% on everything at
Click here to have a chance to win
BOOST
BOOST
BOOST
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.