Any thoughts? Or additions.
stopped reading at Liquid
I'm going to say ENCE is an obvious wildcard/contender outside that bunch listed, obviously.
I would bet 99% of all I own it's one of those 5 teams. ;)
Either way, super excited for it.
CR4ZY: will pounce on liquid's ass in new legends stage. they will buttfuck them so hard they'll disband the second after the match. #dontfakeit
G2 has a good chance against liquid, look at the last bo3
the problem with ence is vitality and liquid, they cant win them :( but iidk the seeding will be very important
chinease fake the flagger
kNgV- 1v9 team liquid
Liquid, Astralis - my favorites
Ence, Vitality: depends on how they will prepare for the major
NaVi: if boombl4 will give his positive energy to the team and flamie wont be in bot mode, so maybe...
Faze: only with lucky play-off and somehow win in final with insane skill
Agreed only with NaVi and Liquid.
Vitality can't win major in this lineup i think and Astralis seems poor. Maybe mousesports but i don't think so
So NaVi or Liquid and probably Liquid 1st place NaVi 2nd place
There are 2 scenarios that are actually more likely than Liquid winning the Major:
Teams like NRG and G2 are on the Rise, and cannot be predicted at all. Renegades have seemed to lost their groove, although I hope they bounce back. Hellraisers are Infamous for Upsets under ANGE1's calling, you never know. I guess I'll wait for the CIS/Asia Minor to look for more information.
As you said, Astralis Prepares Hard for the Majors; they could've saved strats since god knows when. I think we might have a ELEAGUE Atlanta on our hands; where Astralis meets a team nobody really expected to Plow Through. (Yeah, VP was a good team, but Major Finals, in 2017? That's was a stretch of a Prediction )
Teams which will 100% make it into the playoffs : Liquid, Astralis, Na'Vi , Vitality and NRG
Teams with 60%-80% chances for playoffs : ENCE, mouz and G2
Teams with 50/50 chances for playoffs : NiP and MiBR ( if they play like they did at Chicago I think they can pull off a nice playoffs entry with a 3-2 score, not seeing them higher than that)
For the record, I don't think FaZe, FURIA and RNG can get into the top 8
totally agree, but I dont think Zywootality will be able to show anything.
Le Tank can deliver, but he is way too inconsistent to hope for it. Alex can have great games with impact frags, but only if he's believing in himself and the team is 'on the run'. Otherwise he is a bot peeking mid doors every rnd and dying
1. Astralis: They are the favorites without a doubt. The last champions and, beyond having lost some last matches and tournaments, still have the discipline and qualities to be among the referents to win the Major.
2. Liquid: They also come as one of the favorites to win the tournament. They come from a string of triumphs that give them enormous pressure, being the No. 1 team.
3. NaVi: After months of inactivity they can be a surprise. We already know the potential they have with Edward. So we will see how their performance will be with the new player.
4. Ence: Over the past months they have formed a strong foundation. They have good tactics and good players. I hope they play thinking day by day and not commit the sin of wanting to be in a final without first playing all the games.
5. Nip: I would love to see their potential with Golden as IGL. For me they will be the surprise-revelation.
6. Vitality: As much as they have experienced players, been playing a Major again will be encouraging and will provoque many nerves in them. Winning the first game will be vital.
7 & 8. NRG & Mousesports: With nothing to lose, they will fight all the maps with a strong tactics and good firepower.
Facts or just your dumb opinion
I think Navi will win the major
I think Astralis will bounce back.
i dont think astralis will turn it around so quickly (but it would be nice to see top astralis against top iquid)
and i am not sure about that good matchup against liquid for navi with their history
3rd-4th: Vitality, Natus Vincere
5-8th: ENCE, NRG, Astralis, FURIA
9-11th: CR4ZY, NiP, FaZe
12-14th: G2, mibr, Spirit
15-16th: AVANGAR, Renegades