Thread has been deleted
Last comment
This Is Why I Believe in God
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
youtu.be/LXL49kBROH8 Watch. It. Please. Fastest 30 minutes of my life. I highly recommend you guys checking out Dr. Charles Stanley!
2019-08-29 16:24
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
fer | 
Brazil HLTVmarker 
wallen and vaco my gods
2019-08-29 16:24
United States dzfw 
god dont real
2019-08-29 16:25
I wont, i skipped through the video and that fucking old guy looks like he is talking like a goddamn turtle
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
Watch 15:40.
2019-08-29 16:29
Liechtenstein Lyke 
mods can u ban this guy?
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
Banned for recommending my favourite Pastor? Why? Are you completely off the rails?
2019-08-29 16:27
 | 
CIS mikj 
You are actually reported
2019-08-29 16:29
Liechtenstein Lyke 
nt argentina
2019-08-29 16:30
In a 2013 meta-analysis of 63 studies, led by professor Miron Zuckerman, a correlation of -.20 to -.25 between religiosity and IQ was particularly strong when assessing beliefs (which in their view reflects intrinsic religiosity) but the negative effects were less when comparing with behavior (such as church going). They note limitations on this since viewing intrinsic religiosity as being about religious beliefs represents American Protestantism more than Judaism or Catholicism, both of which see behavior as just as important as religious beliefs. They also noted that the available data did not allow adequate consideration of the role of religion type and of culture in assessing the relationship between religion and intelligence. Most of the studies reviewed were American and 87% of participants in those studies were from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. They noted, "Clearly, the present results are limited to Western societies." The meta-analysis discussed three possible explanations: First, intelligent people are less likely to conform and, thus, are more likely to resist religious dogma, however this theory was contradicted in mostly atheist societies such as the Scandinavian populations, where the religiosity-IQ relationship still existed. Second, intelligent people tend to adopt an analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking style, which has been shown to undermine religious beliefs. Third, Intelligent people may have less need for religious beliefs and practices, as some of the functions of religiosity can be given by intelligence instead. Such functions include the presentation of a sense that the world is orderly and predictable, a sense of personal control and self-regulation and a sense of enhancing self-esteem and belongingness.[5] However, a 2016 re-analysis of the Zuckerman et al study, found that the negative intelligence-religiosity associations were weaker and less generalizable across time, space, samples, measures, and levels of analysis, but still robust. For example, the negative intelligence–religiosity association was insignificant with samples using men, pre-college participants, and taking into account grade point average. When other variables like education and quality of human conditions were taken into account, positive relation between IQ and disbelief in God was reduced.[25] According to Dutton and Van der Linden, the re-analysis had controls that were too strict (life quality index and proximity of countries) and also some of the samples used problematic proxies of religiosity, which took away from the variance in the correlations. As such, the reduction of significance in the negative correlation likely reflected a sample anomaly. They also did observe that the "weak but significant" correlation of -.20 on intelligence and religiosity from the Zuckerman study was also found when comparing intelligence with other variables like education and income.[26] Researcher Helmuth Nyborg and Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Ulster, compared belief in God and IQs.[6] Using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that the average IQ of atheists was 6 points higher than the average IQ of non-atheists. The authors also investigated the link between belief in a god and average national IQs in 137 countries. The authors reported a correlation of 0.60 between atheism rates and level of intelligence, which was determined to be "highly statistically significant".[6] ('Belief in a god' is not identical to 'religiosity.' Some nations have high proportions of people who do not believe in a god, but who may nevertheless be highly religious, following non-theistic belief systems such as Buddhism or Taoism.) The Lynn et al. paper findings were discussed by Professor Gordon Lynch, from London's Birkbeck College, who expressed concern that the study failed to take into account a complex range of social, economic and historical factors, each of which has been shown to interact with religion and IQ in different ways.[7] Gallup surveys, for example, have found that the world's poorest countries are consistently the most religious, perhaps because religion plays a more functional role (helping people cope) in poorer nations.[9] Even at the scale of the individual, IQ may not directly cause more disbelief in gods. Dr. David Hardman of London Metropolitan University says: "It is very difficult to conduct true experiments that would explicate a causal relationship between IQ and religious belief." He adds that other studies do nevertheless correlate IQ with being willing or able to question beliefs.[7]
2019-08-29 16:27
 | 
United States G0LDEAR 
The reason why this is true is because the smarter you are, the harder it is to believe and put your faith in something you can’t prove. It’s not just that all Christians are stupid.
2019-08-29 17:39
 | 
Netherlands NELK 
Bait user
2019-08-29 16:34
SPUNJ | 
Netherlands Wazaguy 
Could you maybe give a TL;DR?
2019-08-29 16:36
Havent watched, already know it's bullshit 0/8
2019-08-29 16:39
dude, you preach cannibalism without even know about it take and eat; this is my body, drink my blood nt kid
2019-08-29 16:42
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
It's symbolic. The bread is his body and the wine his blood.
2019-08-29 16:58
yeah that symbolism doesn't come from nowhere, and there is more heathen traditions in christianity as well
2019-08-29 17:01
Lol
2019-08-29 16:43
i bet he likes little kids very much
2019-08-29 16:44
hahaha
2019-08-29 17:01
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
Not funny, you can't just csay he is a pedophile with no ecvidence, that's fucking slander.
2019-08-29 17:06
why not, he has God's protection, hasn't he????????
2019-08-29 17:08
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
The afterlife comes after this life. No need to make this life horrible for him.
2019-08-29 17:09
you sound like one of his victim
2019-08-29 17:13
"Smiley Vomiting"
2019-08-29 17:35
09:40CLG Red vs Besiktas
CLG Red
Besiktas
13:00NiP vs Astralis
NiP
Astralis
03:00Gen.G vs Just For Fun
Gen.G
Just For Fun
Bet
Return
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.