Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Do leftists and rightists agree on this?
Germany aitscheltihwih 
"We were all humans until race disconnected us, religion separated us, politics divided us, and wealth classified us." Do you agree with this statement and how do you position yourself politically? Left, right, center, undecided?
2019-09-13 17:40
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
I’m still human Check name
2019-09-13 17:43
#10 I can also give you the source the quote if you want. You may actually know it. Its that "Im not racist" song by Joyner Lucas and the quote comes in the end (only on screen, not part of the lyrics).
2019-09-13 17:50
 | 
United States Azuhh
cmonBruh Joyner lucas
2019-09-13 18:22
Yes?
2019-09-13 18:33
better than most rappers tbh
2019-09-13 19:11
 | 
United States Azuhh
+1
2019-09-13 19:26
who cars
2019-09-13 17:42
sh1ro | 
Russia R3YBAH
wroom wroom😎
 | 
Brazil LordQ
+1
🚗🚗🚗🚗 Reply needs to have actual content
 | 
Denmark ITerry
I car!
2019-09-13 18:12
sh1ro | 
Russia R3YBAH
We were in peace mens)))
Man its always right or left, what about above and below??
lol no we are still humans. sadly alot of us humans lost the right path.
I think what the quote wants to say that in many places in ways human rights have been cut from peole due to politics, religion and class. To me it sounds like the intention was to say that with hurting someone humans right you dehumanize them.
2019-09-13 17:49
what do you consider as human right?
2019-09-13 17:50
I go by the UNs definition. un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-ri.. We can discuss anyof the points though, I always think there is room to adjust things.
2019-09-13 17:53
Article 19 is slowly getting removed by the left
2019-09-13 18:02
Im not getting into that arguement, but thanks for proofing that "politics divided us" applies pretty well. We all know that the left and the right both have people that cut free speech. this has been debated a million times and everyone that says its the left or the right alone that wants to remove free speech is delusional. I wanted to talk about human rights and you tried to make an antileft arguement which is just talking about 1 side of the story. That is pretty much what the quote was about in the first place in my eyes.
2019-09-13 18:06
I wouldn't call it "dividing" us. Also we don't have to agree on literally 100% on everything. Sure left and right does it. But the left does is very often. 70%left 30%right
2019-09-13 18:10
Ofc we dont have to agree. But again, Im not getting into that arguement in this thread, but I surely disagree with your statement
2019-09-13 18:11
When u look at what big tech is doing with banning many many conservative speakers on Facebook google twitter etc and how colleges have riots if a conservative speaker plans a show at the college it’s pretty clear they are banning free speech or in the process of doing so.
#35 I didnt make this thread to discuss political topics, I wanna talk about the quote itself.
2019-09-13 18:12
If the left continues it’s path U won’t be able to post quotes like u just did.
2019-09-13 18:15
Sure
2019-09-13 18:31
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed
Not really nah.
2019-09-13 18:06
Prove?
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed
You proove that it is getting removed first
2019-09-13 18:19
2019-09-13 18:20
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed
Cool story bro.
2019-09-13 18:21
Pretty sure that the quote is talking about things like politics, money, race and religion dividing us (people usually interact with people similar to them). The quote doesnt talk about human rights in any way
Yeah you are kinda might. I dont know how to say it properly. I just dont think that the intent is too say that we arent humans anymore, that would be completely against the whole message of it I guess. But Im interested in your opinion, you agree with the staement and where you place yourself on a political spectrum?
2019-09-13 18:14
I think we were never globally connected in the first place. But i do agree that we are more divided country by country now, but I think that its because we have more diversity now, so people arent used to having so many different people around. Also politics have become very toxic and that has divided people a lot. Im centrist, maybe slightly right
2019-09-13 18:18
You are very reasonable, I like it. I also think that the diversity makes it harder for some people. Its scientifically proven that humans in general are more afraid of things they dont know and especially when we get older we tend to be less curious, but more suspicious. BUT, I think that the solution is not to prevent diversity, I think we have to learn how to adapt. And I mean everyone. Those that live diverse still have to adapt to everyone else and everyone else should accept diversity. As I said, I dont think repressing diversity is a good solution for the future.
2019-09-13 18:28
I agree, diversity is inevitable. I think one of the was to improve is to categorize people less based on race etc. instead of saying the black man or the muslim, just say the man. People think too much about race. if we categorize we end up dividing each other based on those categories.
2019-09-13 18:50
Yeah, we gotta look for "the bad guys" not for the group that has the most bad guys. Turning blind on any eye is a bad idea. I was a far left activist when I was younger but my disagreement with alot of the people I met caused me to get some distance. It just sucked to see that for example you planned a peaceful protest because (for example) a teacher lost his job for completely dumb reasons and some idiots start throwing bottles at the police. The police was always ready to go apeshit as soon as the smallest thing happened aswell. I remember a protest where a dude threw a small waterfilled ballon at one of his friend and some guy from the police had a view sprinkles on his helmet and they instantly charged at them, causeing chaos and eventually leading to the whole event getting shut down. Anyways, some on the far left there where just as pathetic and escalated without any reason and on the next day the press will only write negative shit about the protest. Made no sense to fight something that wont even get the msg across.
2019-09-13 19:02
 | 
United States USA_USA_USA
Center I lean right. Sure
nice to hear it from an german guy, had a lot of shitty experience with u boyz
2019-09-13 17:51
So did I :D Germans can be dicks. We definately have some very special people over here.
2019-09-13 17:55
Yeah I with swiss too. Some guy snitched that I have bank Account in Switzerland and I got in jail.
2019-09-13 18:32
 | 
Europe letqpena
This forum doesn't know whats right or left.
What is left and right for you? I agree that the terms are very weirdly defined by alot of people. To the point where people claim Hitler somehow was a leftists. I agree that the terms changed since then, but still, back then the NSDAP where basically the very definition of right wing and by todays standards they still are definately right wing. But yeah, maybe clarify whats left and right for you and in what way you think "this forum" doesnt know.
2019-09-13 17:58
Confirmed
I agree with that statement. I am right
2019-09-13 17:53
Okay, thanks for your opinion!
Nah we all still humans we make these things divide humans against humans but we still humans That’s science
2019-09-13 17:55
#10 Thats how I understood it. I dont think its literally meant as "we arent humans anymore". I think its more about how ignoring humman rights dehumanize people.
2019-09-13 17:59
Well there is likely a point to be made there. They have created divisions and made people not want to talk to each other and respect each other.
2019-09-13 18:05
Hmm I slightly disagree because I actually think that people DO want to talk each other, but they dont want to listen to others. We have so many interaction due to social media etc, that is has become pretty easy for us to just throw people away, cause the next guy to be friends and enemy with is just around the corner anyways. I see that in political discussion all the time. A guys makes a statement (either a leftist or rightist one, doesnt matter) and 80% of people that are opposed to that stement will now assume 1000 other things about that person instead of asking questions and listening to them. They already made up theirmind and that point.
 | 
Canada Herodionus
Modern politics really pisses me off, I understand people have their beliefs and are passionate about them, but now everything is political, clothing, movies, music, news, etc. It used to be that people had their political beliefs but after could put them aside and grab a beer or something, now people literally stop talking to family members over politics
I 100% agree. This is most likely happening due to propaganda. Propaganda always tries to tie politics to unrelated things to evoke strong emotions about certain topics. I dont really want to make a strong arguement that its the lefts or the rights fault alone, but I personally feel that people like Trump definately play a big role in this. It started with social media and various companies using social media to spread propaganda and it climaxed with a US-president going full rage mode on twitter on a weekly basis. But I wanna emphasize again, that Im well aware that the left plays a role in this aswell of course.
2019-09-13 18:03
Modern? Atleast we can talk about politics...unlike my parents when they were my age
2019-09-13 18:03
 | 
Canada Herodionus
It's good that the youth is involved in politics but they went too far overboard
2019-09-13 21:11
h!tl3r was also considered a human...
2019-09-13 18:01
I agree, I think we shouldn't care about our race and religion. Everyone has their own belief, if you believe in something I don't believe in, that's fine. On the political side, each side has its strengths and weaknesses. The problem is that there is always someone who wants to get the upper hand...
Sure, I agree. This just made me think about something I witnessed in a prison. I was ina prison in germany for 2 months, where I went around with a psychologist/priest. Basically I would be with him while he works to learn about the job etc etc and I met alot of people and heard alot of stories. 1 story really stuck in my head. They have a huge sector for deportation custody, so in that sector alot of people didnt speak german and some no or only broken english. There was this roughly 50 year old man from the iran who barely spoke english and he had a talk with the psychologist. He talked about how he left his country, leaving all the money for his family and went to germany and wanted to work and get money to pay for their ticket aswell. But after a year they wanted to deport him and snce then he was left is deportation custody for seceral months and while he was there his wife and 2 children died due to the ongoing war in his homecountry. At that point he was basically just crying, barely having a voice and then he said, that if its wasnt for his belief in allah, he would half killed himself already. Yeah, this one definately stuck in my head...
2019-09-13 18:22
identyfing yourself as a leftist rightist or whatever is quite stupid. I have some opinions, but in many areas i just dont care and thats it. I look at everything rationally and classyfing yourself as a -tist imposes having certain opinions in certain areas which is irrational.
2019-09-13 18:42
I disagree with "classyfing yourself as a -tist imposes having certain opinions in certain areas ". The problem is that some people assume this. We use terms such as left and right to get a general idea of where someone is standing politically cause that is way easier that having a 1 hour discussion with someone about various topics, if you just want to get a general idea. If I consider myself as leftist, I can still disagree with certain points of the left or agree with points on the right. You see this is political argumentation alot at the moment. Many people say the democrats in america are dumb for fighting against each other and the right wants to pull on a rope. And I personally strongly disagree with this, its is absolutely NEEDED to disagree with certain points of your party of political alighnment, is you personally have a different opinion on that topic. Being quiet about it is a pretty "beta" way of dealing with political issues.
2019-09-13 18:52
yea ok i would agree generally speaking. I'm just not that much into politics and stuff, its better to care about your own life than politics, unless you really plan to go far you wont change that much, obvious stuff, some call it ignorance, but thats the truth isnt it? :D
2019-09-13 19:49
Yep, thats is mostly true, but I also think that just privately talkign about politics and still an important thing. Yes, you have to start a political career if you actually wanna change somethingby yourself, but the people are the ones that vote and you and me and all your friends are the voters, so even if you arent working as politician, you can still make a difference. Look at the elections in the USA. I think in 2016 it was only 17k votes that made the difference. But I agree that it can be harmful if you onyl acre about politics and not about yourself aswell.
2019-09-13 19:52
This quote is so leftist, humans were never equal
2019-09-13 18:50
So you dont think human rights exist? You cant advocate human rights while saying humans were never equal.
2019-09-13 18:54
Everyone should have equal rights, but its probably not possible
2019-09-13 20:58
 | 
Finland yEkQ
sort of agree. but only on a large scale. for example, one of my longtime friends is quite right. more specifically, a full on capitalist and deregulation and anti unions but now way racist or any that bs. and lets say she is in different "class" on how much she earns and how much he thinks a person needs stuff and money etc. still we are good friends we talk and fight some times on politics but still not one time we have "break" still in fight mode. and its not only politics where we see word different but still we have be friends long time and end on in sight in ur cace i think is the big benefit that we are very different in many ways. but like i say first most of the time it go like taht. and yes i consider my self "leftis" but i realy hate this right left thing i like many things for bot sides or atlest i try to understand why people think how they think. people i dont like is who cant realy justify why they think the way they think.
2019-09-13 18:55
Thats good to hear I think that is the way it should be. Ihave alot of friends I disagree with on alot of topics. I only divide between me and other because of politics if they are really extreme. Like hardcore racism, leftists being in favor of left wing terrorism (bombings, hostages). I dont wanna be around those people I dont think they can actually contribute anything positive towards me or my other friends.
2019-09-13 19:08
 | 
Finland yEkQ
yes that how it should be, but i think most of that extreme is coming more extreme because they can not tolerate the same time by extreme counterpart of them. but the biggest reason is that they are not even ready to listen to others and also reason why extreme did come new norm. after all we all live here we must mix things and thoughts. take the best half of different ideas and combine them. i will continue now i must go..
2019-09-13 19:39
Alright, thanks for the conversation, have a good day!
2019-09-13 19:42
No, you choose to be separated by those things. Normal people don’t care.
2019-09-13 18:55
So if someone is not wealthy and therefore cant travel and do alot of other things that wealthy people can do, it is because they choose to be seperated? And when black people got lynched in america back in the day, it was because they chose to and not ebcause race divided between people? ? What XD
2019-09-13 19:06
As a former black slave I can agree that we wanted to be exploited by our masters
2019-09-13 19:44
Name and flair dont check out :D
2019-09-13 19:46
 | 
Europe Galize
i'm fully agree on this i don't really know where i am on political because they are all shit so i don't know i read programs and agree with everyone because every politics have good idea but a lot of shitty things i'm not ok with
2019-09-13 19:43
 | 
Serbia d1ckson
+1 men)))
2019-09-13 19:44
i think that quote romanticizes humans. being rather pessimistic, i prefer "a man is a wolf to another man". even before all those concepts existed humans would casually kill each other over a piece of meat, a mate, territory, leadership etc. life might have become more complicated since those times and there are more axes of conflict but the underlying principles are still there, be it power, survival, or fear.
2019-09-13 19:53
But arent all the things you said more tribal behaviour? Im not saying its not a part of human nature to eventually kill, but we as society strive to live without killing each other. Basically, we try to create a world in whichw e dont need to kill anyone over something such as food or a mate. Im actually a pretty pessimistic person myself, but I still think that we should work towards a positive goal. Though Im very pessimistic that we will soon manage to get rid of alotof tose problems. So yeah, I agree that tribalism is a part of human nature. But besides that I think we should work on getting rid of things such as racism thats divides and try to work towards a country and or world in which the class we where born isnt doesnt decide about the chances we have in life. It may be a small utopia, but the thing is, we dont have to accomplish everything, but every little step is... still a step :D
2019-09-13 20:02
"Until race disconnected us". Although we belong to the same species and have the same capacity to do things, we were BORN different and there is nothing we can do about it. Institutional racism no longer exists anyway. We're all free to hang out with whoever we want. "Religion separated us". From what? Hell? Communism? Degeneracy? "Politics divided us". One has to be a total fool to trust politicians with his/her own life. Citizens can only stop the wicked from thriving in this "modern world". "And wealth classified us". Jealousy is not my cup of tea. Oh, I'm right wing.
2019-09-13 20:21
Center left, only agree partially. All of those can become false once one starts respecting each others differences. I can choose to feel superior for being wealthier, white, black, or something else. But I can also choose not to - and we need to teach children from a young age that.
2019-09-13 20:33
TYLOO
ViCi
BOOM
Sharks
sAw
Singularity
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.