Thread has been deleted
Last comment
English-Canadians
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
Why do so many English-Canadian or Canadian-English people exist? I mean, whats the connection lol? Examples: The youtuber Miniminter, if i am not mistaken hes English-Canadian. The hockey player Brendan Perlini (Chicago Blackhawks) The hockey player Duncan Keith (Chicago Blackhawks) The hockey player Nic Dowd (Washington Capitals) The hockey player Luke Cavallin (Flint Firebirds) The hockey player Reilly O'Connor (Dundee Stars) The hockey player Cade Neilson (Aberdeen Wings) The hockey player Andrew McKinney (Telford Tigers) The hockey player Sam Jones (Fife Flyers) The hockey player Patrick Larkin (Nepean Raiders) The hockey player Mike Hammond (Lausitzer Füchse) The hockey player Scott Conway (Atlanta Gladiators) The hockey player Ben O'Connor (Sheffield Steelers) The retired hockey player Brian Perry The retired hockey player Latham French The retired hockey player Geoff Ward The retired hockey player Neil Morgan The deceased hockey player Alex Smith (New York Americans, NHL) The deceased hockey player Walter Jackson (St. Louis Flyers) The deceased hockey player Gib Hutchinson (Brighton Tigers) There is atleast 60-70+ more players. Why is the Canadian-English/UK connection so strong?
2019-10-10 15:50
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
Because part of Canada speaks french and part speaks english. The english speaking ones are English Canadians and the French speaking ones are French Canadians. Both of theese can also refer to canadians with english ethnic origin and vice versa en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Canadians en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadians
2019-10-10 15:52
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
It also is because of the english and french colonies that were in canada. But thats implyed by the "ethnic origin" so whatever
2019-10-10 15:53
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
Uh. I mean, these people i typed above have double citizenships, either Canadian-English/UK or English/UK-Canadian I know a lot of Towns/Cities in Canada speaks French. But i still dont get why there is so many English-Canadians/Canadian-English ppl. I am talking about people that got both citizenships. There is Canadian hockey players with just a Canada flag, but then, like i said, there is a HUGE amount of players with English & Canadian flag on their profiles, like take Duncan Keith as an example, hes born & raised in Winnipeg Canada & he got double flags: eliteprospects.com/player/9012/duncan-ke.. Look: eliteprospects.com/search/player?nation=.. eliteprospects.com/search/player?nation=.. eliteprospects.com/search/player?nation=.. eliteprospects.com/search/player?nation=.. As you can see, there is atleast like 90+ players lol. Obv some have recieved UK citizenships because they play in UK for a long time etc.
2019-10-10 16:02
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
Maybe just some feeling of national pride. And royality to the crown or some shit. Tho i am not very knowledgeable on hockey so i cant comment anything but speculations. And doing that is quite pointless. So sorry that i am not very helpfull
2019-10-10 16:07
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
No probs :) Yeah i just find it interesting that there is so many UK-Canadian/English-Canadian/Canadian-English hockey players ^^
2019-10-10 16:10
You invested so much time into something no one cares about, impressive.
2019-10-10 15:53
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
1. I care 2. Dont comment here if you dont care 3. This literally took me 2½ minutes to put together, so no. 4. Reported.
2019-10-10 16:03
 | 
Sweden flippig 
you must really like hockey lol
2019-10-10 15:55
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
Well yeah :D Columbus Blue Jackets all the way ^^
2019-10-10 16:03
 | 
Turkey Rjea 
Queen ?
2019-10-10 16:04
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
The group? Or what?
2019-10-10 16:05
 | 
Canada SevenLions 
Because Canada is an UK colony.
2019-10-10 16:09
 | 
Canada SevenLions 
Compared to USA, Canada is still a colony
2019-10-10 16:09
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
Wtf, all EU countries got you huh? UK, France...what more lol.
2019-10-10 16:11
 | 
Canada SevenLions 
France started and then UK came and just destroyed the French and took it. They gave the Quebec to the French so they can still stay there and that's why Quebec speaks french and the rest of Canada talks in english.
2019-10-10 16:49
 | 
United States PsychoLogical 
miniminter’s British bud lmao.
2019-10-10 16:12
 | 
Sweden meistr0 
? Duh? Can you not read or what? Hes English-Canadian sidemen.fandom.com/wiki/Miniminter "He got English & Canadian citizenships"
2019-10-10 16:13
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.