Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Exhaustion = bad play?
Norway poolchamp 
In this blurb, I will try to compare training esports to that of lifting weights, and how fatigue might be something to consider both when training and trying to perform. When lifting weights, you learn that you should focus on different muscle groups for each session. Just after training, muscles will be smaller and weaker, but after a short recovery, they will be back stronger than before. It is easy to see that restitution is as important for the growth of muscle-mass, as the training itself here. This as well as proper nutrition are key lessons you pick up from trying to lift weights. Whether or not this means you should eat nuts or other brain food to improve in CS, will have to be for another time. What I will try to debate however, is if a notion of recovery is something that should be part of serious esports discussion. Does the mind not need to rest? When does the improvement happen anyway? During training? During clutch moments? Recovery is something so common in fitness, that every training schedule will spread out the focus on muscle groups, mainly to increase the time of recovery for each. (see Dorian Yates on JRE: youtube.com/watch?v=cu-7WSjaVyU) Notions of strain, muscle groups and diets are a relatively new thing however, and it makes me think, are approaches to improving at e-sports (types of e-sports), similarly uncharted territory? If so, there must be ground to make by finding a better training schedule or approach, but what? By focusing on different aspects of ones game? To do aim training one day, but do movement training another, and practice nades and map-awaress the third? To spread out the things you focus on, to give oneself time to recover? Psychological recovery time, is that a thing in modern CS training? It could be, perhaps it should be. Atleast I think its fair to suggest that exhaustion, is something to consider when trying to improve. Lifting weights is one thing, but resting in between is also important.
2019-10-14 08:10
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
tldr?
2019-10-14 08:10
resting is important when lifting weights, to give the body time to recover. maybe it is important in esports as well. tldr; will resting help when improving, just like in weightlifting
2019-10-14 08:14
rain | 
Norway Raintop1 
Ofc lol, if you play 4-5 games in a row you become mentally fatigued, take breaks. Go out get some air, eat some food. Come back in an hr or two and pracc some aim again and bottom frag with 8-22
2019-10-14 08:15
could you build it into a training schedule tho, like train aim day 1, then dont do aim in like 2 days, you can do other things, but nothing that exhausts the aim aspect, and divide the game into parts that you can focus, that dont exhaust each other. like a lession from fitness
2019-10-14 08:17
rain | 
Norway Raintop1 
No bro, since fitness exhausts you physically. You need the whole body to rest, but aim you should do everyday tbh. Yeah maybe one day off here ant there but the more you pracc the more they will say "nice hack"
2019-10-14 08:42
ok, why such a long post for such obvious stuff
2019-10-14 08:15
hltv should read too, not just frag all day. I think its worth reading
2019-10-14 08:19
Ok I'll read
2019-10-14 08:46
Yes its important to train movement and nades aswell. People that think they become a god playing 5h of DM everyday are dumb. You just burn yourself out and get rekt in the actual game. And somedays when i feel that i play like shit i just stop and take a day break, usually feeling alot better the next day
2019-10-14 08:27
>block of text >no tldr nty
2019-10-14 08:31
it is important to drink beer while playing, will help you mentally and skillwise. trust me.
2019-10-14 08:44
As a psychology major, this is something I know a thing or two about, the brain works a little different and shit you not what works best is routine and what you think when you train. Literally what you think when you train will change how much training improves your mechanical skill. When you are in dm, do you just "warm" up, or try to do good in general like most players? This is good too, but not the best way for most people. If you actively tell yourself that every kill has to be a headshot, and you do this every day, your aim will get substantially better just because you have influenced your mind. If you stop looking at an entire enemy as a target, disregarding their legs/torso/sholders etc, and only think of their head as one, you'll get a better headshot %. If you change your training routine every day you'll decrease the reception for said training. Only when your brain is truly used to what you are doing, will it start improving what it is doing. This is applicable in all sports, very interesting
2019-10-14 08:47
Try to make nerds not sit 12-16 hours each days and try to take away their energy drink coffee fast food etc... GL HF! Edit: #10 even worse than both i wrote. Drinking beer while playing OMEGALUL.
2019-10-14 09:01
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.