Thread has been deleted
Last comment
1. which one more fun to learn? 2. what is the main difference? 3. how long does it take to learn it ? (assuming everday learning) to be able to find a job in it 4. which has more future? 5. which is more profitable? 6. can you be good at it, even if it not your true passion, just a job?
2019-10-19 17:00
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
fisker | 
Sweden sweden4k 
python best to learn I hate python cause I start with jAva after that python is crazy like what not even having ;
2019-10-19 17:01
sweden4k "what not" Alesund
2019-10-20 23:41
I didnt mean that I meant: after that python is crazy like what? Not even having ; I mean "like what" . Its not even having ;
2019-10-20 23:51
just trolling, sorry mate ;)
2019-10-20 23:53
 | 
Sweden Akoulad 
2. big difference, search on google 3. depends obviously, 4. google 5. google 6. yes
2019-10-19 17:05
why would waste my precious time on google if I have hltv friends (peasants) ?
2019-10-19 17:43
He even skipped 1. because everyone knows theres nothing fun in learning that shit.
2019-10-20 23:30
I never tried so i don't know - im going to for 1-2 days course, and check myself, is it for me or not
2019-10-20 23:56
python is better, but if you're looking for a job I would go with javascript and one of the frameworks: react js/react native/angular
2019-10-19 17:08
koosta | 
United States yghj 
how is python better lmao? if you want to actually get a job and use your coding then you will want java over python
2019-10-20 23:28
I mean if you wanna work in some boring old company you can learn java, everyone is using more flexible languages now, they're even replacing java with kotlin
2019-10-21 03:24
koosta | 
United States yghj 
java still far more useful to learn than python
2019-10-21 03:30
That's the front end
2019-10-21 23:48
 | 
Israel Hezekiel_Keepo 
if you want to make coding a profession: Java
2019-10-19 17:09
Have you done any programming at all before? If not, I advise you start with python, as java is very complex to understand for a new programmer. Although if you learn java first, you will pick up lot more general programming knowledge and habits
2019-10-19 17:10
 | 
Israel Hezekiel_Keepo 
and this is because dynamic languages let you write really shitty code.. java kind of forces you to at least some conventions
2019-10-19 17:12
+1 or might as well start with c then so he learns memory management from the start))
2019-10-19 17:13
i still remember malloc and realloc.. low level stuff :/
2019-10-19 17:14
Yea, but for a newbie, python is easier to understand. But I completely agree with what you say
2019-10-19 17:15
 | 
North America SLGam1ng 
Yea python is more abstract
2019-10-20 04:20
i only know HTML +CSS a bit
2019-10-19 17:45
Well in python you can do more in less time and you can see progress more. But if you want to become more versatile and be able to learn more programming in the future, go for Java. But it's a long road, so be patient and expect a lot of time spent just fixing mistakes and figuring out what is wrong. But totally worth it in the long run.
2019-10-19 17:54
-you can do more in less time -python pick one
2019-10-19 17:57
I meant you can see more progress. He is totally new to programming, so he can learn to do stuff in python easier than Java
2019-10-19 18:10
Yes, and no. Object-oriented is just harder in python. Basic stuff is more intuitive, but on a more complex level in python I feel like I'm stuck, while in Java that never happens . Just not my language, I guess
2019-10-19 18:38
 | 
Romania Obuz8 
Just stop coding,garbage job/hobby that turns you into a robot.Play cs or go out with friends instead.
2019-10-19 17:11
yeah and lose life, no thanks
2019-10-19 17:45
Well, programming is kinda the same thing in terms of "real life" as CS:GO or even worse. In CS:GO you communicate at least. Programmers mostly are working at home or at some company where no one gives a f*ck about you and only thing you do is coding + showing your code to your boss / testers.
2019-10-19 18:14
not really, as a software developer you spend only 10% of your time coding. Rest is planning and communicating with your colleagues) Although I dont know if there is a difference between programmer and software developer for you)
2019-10-19 18:21
 | 
Romania Obuz8 
If by ,,lose" you mean waste then life is suposed to be wasted,and the best way to waste it is by doing what you love.If your coding just because everyone is bitching about the salary and thats the only thing that makes you code then your wasting your life in the worst way possible.If you want to be successful and have a good salary then try doing something you actually love,because even if you fail miserably your still gonna be happier then if you spend 8 hours of your day doing something you hate just for money.
2019-10-19 22:24
you're naive it's part of growing up althout the majory people do not do what they I like in jobs, it's probably tiny minority doing what you love and being poor for your whole life is not an achivement, nor happiness , nor proud, nor fucking noble, you might impress some 16 y.o girl whith that - oh I do what I love and i don't care about money. but everyone above 30 will look at you like a fucking loser of life, what the fuck do you actuallu doing with your life? nothing comes for free, you need to piece a price for better quality of life also the goal is not to be programmer for whole life but take that resources that comes from it and and bulit the freedom you want to have
2019-10-20 04:15
 | 
Laos 23^ 
rofl you're actually calling him naive? what's naive about choosing a job you really like to do and getting by like that? have you ever worked a job you absolutely despise for 10 years or even longer? that shit eats you up from the inside and tears you down. if you wanna do that in your future, it's fine but don't tell others that they're naive if you've never experienced that shit
2019-10-20 04:29
it is naive from my view point of life it's only up to you whethere you will be poor or rich (not like super rich, but middle class and above) you need to understand tha people who do enjoy their job for real are LUCKY, either they got very talented and become very good in what they do, or they are good at selling and marketing of their skills, or they are lucky beacuse their qualites and skill are in the demand of global market job right now :) for example you like philosophy and you mihgt be very precious in ancient greek, but nobody give a shit about it in 21 centry
2019-10-20 04:43
+1 Become eletrical engineer instead then u get to spend time outside like human is supposed to
2019-10-19 17:47
1. python 2. python is easier and it's recommended to start with python 3. probably like 4-6 months for entry level 4. none 5. dumb question please don't start learning how to code just because of money, you will fail like thousands of people before 6. you will be below average and won't earn whole lot money, as I said don't go into this field if you only want to earn money
2019-10-19 17:12
thank you, but I need money what elase can I do that is more profitable? and what do you mean in 4? give me some inside perspective about furture of this field I see that demand for it on the market now is treamundous, also I see a lot of adds with learning courses
2019-10-19 17:51
java if you're serious about coding, and want to do it properly. it also helps in learning c etc as they are somewhat similar python if you're from another field but want to know a programming language just in case, because it's pretty easy to learn compared to other languages
2019-10-19 17:23
wdym similar to c
2019-10-19 17:47
similiar syntax
2019-10-19 17:52
I guess, although they're so different at the same time
2019-10-19 17:54
Python also covers complex fields, like machine learning
2019-10-20 04:25
HTML
2019-10-19 17:49
+1
2019-10-19 17:55
HTML is'nt a programming language.
2019-10-19 18:17
but I understand it :D
2019-10-20 04:17
java because more universal
2019-10-19 17:51
It really depends on what you want do with programming. I started on Java but I am learning python so I can go into cybersecurity
2019-10-19 17:52
Java.
2019-10-19 17:56
 | 
Europe letqpena 
If you're a complete newbie, go with Java since the syntax is a bit easier to grasp and very similar to other widely used languages, but be warned that eventually you'll have to learn Python as well. They both are extremely common languages and fit certain tasks very well and I don't see either of them being deprecated any time soon. They'll both take few weeks to grasp, few months to learn and few years to master, the coding jobs probably pay the same and you can be really good in it even if it is not your passion. Very, very few coders do this shit daily just because of some passion.
2019-10-19 17:56
+1 thanks
2019-10-20 04:19
 | 
Europe marQQs 
mathematics or data science field: python (or julia) otherwise java or start with something like c,c++ to learn the basics. It's pretty easy to adapt to other programming afterwards
2019-10-19 17:58
focus on algorithms instead of focusing on language
2019-10-19 17:59
Zeus | 
Ukraine Najara 
1. which one more fun to learn? Python 2. what is the main difference? Static and Dynamic typing 3. how long does it take to learn it ? (assuming everday learning) to be able to find a job in it Java 2-10 years Python 6 month+ 4. which has more future? Both 5. which is more profitable? Both 6. can you be good at it, even if it not your true passion, just a job? Python easier so go for Python Java more complex
+1
2019-10-20 04:19
Python is really fun to start with. Especially that you can try everything out in the command line, it feels like a powerful calculator. If you learn one language, the next one is quite simple to learn.
 | 
Australia t0rrent 
1. Java 2. Java is better 3. 5 years 4. Java 5. Java 6. Yes People say you should start with an easier language (i.e python) but you can still learn the fundamentals of programming in java just as easily, it's a very flexible language. So train in java until you can pick up any language without learning it, that's what I did
2019-10-19 18:02
i don't have 5 years, I want to find a job in incoming year man
2019-10-20 04:21
 | 
Australia t0rrent 
Most places look for a degree if you want a job in programming
2019-10-20 05:32
Edward | 
Ukraine rozhok 
Java is very well paid, usually more than Python. Also Java projects will live for decades and you'll have a plenty of projects to work on and make a decent money. But it more complex and more boring than Python.
2019-10-19 18:02
Java if you like to create something for Banks etc. Python if no. P.S. Python is easier to learn btw.
2019-10-19 18:12
 | 
Hungary EZ4WINLANDIA 
I don't know Java, but with python it does a lot of things for you, which is good and bad at the same time. Easier to learn, but you won't understand what's going on underneath the hood. I'm pretty sure Python has more future
2019-10-19 18:20
1. Definetly Java is more fun to learn (more challenging) 2. Python is easier to learn 3. It depends, u may be a fast learner or not, can't make an estimation 4. Both rn 5. Both are really profitable, but i think Java developers are better payed rn 6. If it's not ur passion u can always search for something else. Why do u want to learn if u don't fully enjoy it?
2019-10-19 18:23
why +profit I can enojoy my time after job and don't worry about money +build financial freedom from it, seems like real posibility in 5-7 years right now I do what fully enjoy, but I don't enjoy life fully because of lack of money and limits that are attached to no-income living
2019-10-20 04:26
I mean, do u think u can handle it? I have worked in it a bit and i personally could't handle the pressure. It's not like there are no more jobs that are well payed, and a lot are within IT. I mean it depends, but personally my brain can't handle it ;P
2019-10-20 18:52
 | 
Macedonia trashbait 
python is really popular atm cause it's easy and it's fast to code in it but it's stupidly slow, so i think it will be replaced for another one in maybe less than a decade if you just want a job you could go for web dev, it's leaking jobs like crazy
2019-10-19 18:29
web developer? what do i need to know? what skills i just know a little bit Html+css
2019-10-20 04:27
For web development you should try React, a javascript front end framework used and made by Facebook that is freely available out of cost. Nevertheless, React is meant for being used on the frontend, the client part, your browser. On the other side you have the backend, so you can use almost everything, like Python, Java, Go (Made by Google), Node.js (Javascript again) and many other.
2019-10-20 04:37
Yes, Python is slow, but it was not built to be fast, it was built to be practical, easy and for fast development. Saying it will replaced because of that is clearly a comment of an inexperienced person. Python has already built a big community and will stand for a while, way more than a decade, for sure.
2019-10-20 04:31
The thing is like in other "economy" parts. If sth comes that is simple as Python and faster it will win vs Python. He just said it has a big weakness that makes the future insecure. Java is still important today cuz it is stable and it has a stable development. It is hard to find sth that brings similar attributes + it is a lot easier. For me in private Python is only relevant for raspberry and Kodi.
2019-10-20 23:37
Your comment indicates you are an inexperienced programmer as well. Starting on your definition of relevancy, you know you can use java on a raspberry right? I could start a discussion with you about Java and Python relevancy, but I invite you to look at GitHub stats and see which one is being more used.
2019-10-21 02:48
 | 
Israel ShadowMuffin 
1. which one more fun to learn? python is easier / more fun 2. what is the main difference? speed (java faster), ease of use (python easier), modularity (kinda python) 3. how long does it take to learn it ? (assuming everday learning) to be able to find a job in it | if you dont know anything, at least half a year everyday focusing on what you want to learn. 4. which has more future? both are good 5. which is more profitable? same as 4 6. can you be good at it, even if it not your true passion, just a job? depends on what you are making, but if it is not something you want to do just dont bother
2019-10-19 18:32
thanks
2019-10-20 04:28
 | 
Belgium i_am_alexa 
1. which one more fun to learn? Depends on what you want to do actually. Some people have a lot of fun with pointers etc in C/C++ while some really like the simplicity of Python. I personally have a similar amount of fun because both languages offer a huge amount of techniques and high-level things because I do not really enjoy low-level programming. 2. what is the main difference? There are a lot. I would say the first obvious one is speed and type of language. Java is compiled to bytecode, Python is interpreted (in most cases). Java is thus way way faster than Python. Python also has a really particular syntax, more english-like and user-friendly. It's made to be really really simple and easy to write, whereas Java has a really verbose syntax but is more "strict". I really enjoy Java's strict side, as much as Python's simplicity. I just find them different. There are many other differences. 3. how long does it take to learn it ? (assuming everday learning) to be able to find a job in it Python's slowness is often seen as bad for performances, but it's actually proven (and that's why it's more and more popular) that today computers are very powerful so the performances are okay and companies prefer code written very fast + meh performance than code written slowly + godlike performance. It's just better economically. So you'll guess Python might be the easier one to learn. The syntax is simple, and easy to understand for a newbie. Python print: print(...) Java's print: System.out.println(...); However, to get a job, you need to be really good at the language, and this could require about the same time with both Java and Python. Because the algorithmic side is about the same for both. That's why often in companies people use pseudocode to make the algorithms then implement them using a language. Anyway, a professional programmer should have learned both, they are so popular. 4. which has more future? Python is on the rise. Java's falling a bit. Both still have a lot of years being used heavily. Java runs everywhere, it's used on so many things the chances of Java disappearing any day are almost 0. It works well, is fast, and runs on any machine so it got pretty popular over the last decades. Now that a lot of software is written with it, companies stick to it because completely rewriting software is expensive af. Python is on the rise because as I said, most of the time developers produce things faster with it and companies want to save time and money, and it's an excellent tool for data science, which gets more and more popular. To conclude, I would say both. You'll easily find a job in any of them. 5. which is more profitable? I don't really know about that, as they are both very popular it should be about the same. 6. can you be good at it, even if it not your true passion, just a job? I don't really understand this question. You can be good at anything even if it's not your passion. Working might be a little more annoying if you don't enjoy it as much as if it was a passion, but working is working. Most developers whose passion was programming at 18yo don't enjoy it as much at 30 but still work as good (and even better obviously with experience).
2019-10-19 18:36
 | 
Brazil hava 
ewwwwwww java
2019-10-20 04:24
Xyp9x | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Python is better, in my opinion, mainly because it's gradually rising over the last couple of years and easier to learn for beginners. I study computer science and I've worked with both of them but I personally prefer Python. For all of your questions apart from number 4 and 5, it depends. 4. Python is still on the rise. 5. Python is probably more profitable nowadays. #45 is pretty detailed, +1
2019-10-20 04:30
best way to learn python? what are best soruces?
2019-10-20 23:23
Xyp9x | 
Portugal CRMN1 
A couple of youtube playlists will do the job if you aren't willing to take lessons. If you're more about reading than watching, books will also help.
2019-10-20 23:25
Go python. Then learn java, javascript, c, c++ and c#.
2019-10-20 04:33
Python is easy if youve learnt some C++
2019-10-20 04:39
Java is falling, most of the java programming today goes to Android and old stuff that requires updates and maintenance. Start with Python and learn the basics, after that go for javascript, with Node.js and React. Later, if you want to try native mobile apps you could go with Java.
2019-10-20 04:42
2019-10-20 23:23
Python masterrace
2019-10-20 04:42
HUNDEN | 
Lithuania gime114 
If you wanna be a programmer you gotta learn any language you can, java used to be the language for everything, but now people realized that instead of a versatile language it's better to have a lot of specialized languages, I suggest looking into an SQL language (mySQL is good), PHP or Javascript (if you like suffering ruby) and C++/Java. Almost none of the said languages has a guaranteed future (expect for maybe SQL and JS), but Java would probably be at the bottom for longevity as people are dropping it in favor of more optimised languages for the task.
2019-10-20 04:43
what ? so what has a future ? :>
2019-10-20 23:22
From personal experience I would recommend Python first, I learnt Python and then Java, python is simple and is a good foundation to understand how things work like basic loops and all that, then Java expands on that and writes those basics differently. In python semi colons are not needed but in Java they are, going from python to java it was easy to remember to put them, however, I think if you go from Java to python then not having to put them may fuck with your head a bit.
2019-10-20 04:46
2019-10-20 23:21
I'm not sure, I learnt at university but it would be very easy to learn from youtube I guess, the basics are really simple, it's more so how you learn to progress from there that would be more difficult, It really depends on what you want to do in python, if you have a specific goal in mind. If you do then I'd recommend a python basic's playlist, then a video based on your goal, shouldn't be very hard.
2019-10-21 22:53
If you are asking this question you are not a coder, Java is literally 100 times more complex than python it is object orientated and far harder to learn or implement than python or programming languages like it such as C# and javascript
2019-10-20 05:36
Python ofc
2019-10-20 23:37
boys you arent programmer because you write 2 lines in python. it`s not 1980. go study or you are basically just a clown who scripts some frontend stuff and calls himself programmer but actually has no clue about the requirements a commercial software product needs.
2019-10-20 23:54
stfu man
2019-10-21 23:47
 | 
Slovakia bad_at_life 
im retard so i dont understand things like these
2019-10-21 22:55
1. Python : Faster and easier to learn. 2. Syntaxe and what u what is your purpose. 3.Years if u want to be really really good. 4. Both are not that old. But Python is the more recent. 5. Java u can sell plugins (for minecraft) at high price. Python if u want to work. 6. Yeah but it will be a bit boring . I learn it at university and when i'm not in mood to learn programmation it's really ZzzZZz
2019-10-21 23:51
As a Computer Science student, I would say learn Python if you enjoy scripting more than Object Oriented Programming. Java is decent for a profession, much better than Python for Software Engineering and if you do manage to learn it, C and C++ would make a better understanding than if you just learned Python. I know a lot of programming languages, but I will always favor C++ when it comes to a profession.
2019-10-21 23:55
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.