Isn't it due to government raising metro tarrifs even more while it's alrdy insanely expensive. And on top of that, the few private investors get more share every time tarrifs are getting raised or smth? idk pls enlighten us someone!!
Nothing here in Argentina, I realized about the coup by twitter
you got my Sword
and my axe
but im over here getting blowies so im not really in a mood to actually hit the Streets
what's happening? i dont watch the news
Heard only about sierra gorda and polish companies there
I love chile my man, sad moment in ur country
I had to search it up. Whats exactly the backstory here? Wanna tell me why Chileans are now rioting in the streets like in Hong Kong, France, and Catalonia?
had chili yesterday was good
the nationak bank or whatever building you guys lit on fire was trending on reddit for a bit
Hello mens, I have not seen this in the Australian media yet.
Are people sacred in Chile or do they feel it is required?
Hey man, you are that weird looking long country in South America, aren't you
I saw 1 article about chile. What the public transport price now?
what's going on my chilean neighbor?
nothing on tv, all info i had is from twitter
the media here is talking a lot about it
"Se inicia cierra de puertas".
I miss chilean metros so much......
I saw some News here in the TV and also in the polish TV aswell (my parents have polish TV)
i heard a bunch of mentally ill students were burning busses and destroying public property because of like 10 cents increase in the train ticket
So, whats the reason for this? Just the 30 cents increase?
How's it going there? Always heard about your country as the best and most developed one from SA , a relative of mine has gone there with work and told me it's pretty nice.
Hope you're not a Texas baiter ( OFFICIAL_HLTV_CENTRIST OwO)
whats happening in chile?
Only news in main media outlets in Argentina is that tomorrow the CONMEBOL is having a assembly to decide what's going to happen with the Libertadores Final after the incidents in Santiago, where it was intended to be played this November. Nothing else, apart from Twitter users.
i am surprised how hltv falls for topics of these lefts latinos
Oh God how do we miss Pinnochet xd
The leftist Puebla Group is the one behind all the massive protests in Latin America and Spain with the objective to overthrow the governments, to cause instability in society and, in the long run, get back into the leading position. It's not coincidence that Ecuador, Spain and Chile had these protests at virtually the same time.
we have 1 article in sweden
Alright i see a lot of leftism lies and evil perversion , so i'll make the proper sum up here:
1) Chile has a fully statized public transport , it is one of the bests in America dont believe idiots who will say otherwise , they will claim its bad because they haven't seen public transport in other countries.
2) Chile's government spends more than it collects in taxes , they just raised taxes ~2 years ago , they collect even less money because of that , it needed to make a considerable expenditure cut , they figured the best expenditure cut they could've made was cutting subsidies , including subsidies to public tansport.
3) Chile's government also wanted to privatize Transantiago , but these idiotic moron protestors are clearly against that as well.
4) Chile has public state education and public state healthcare , Universities are private and they are still heavily subsidized on demand side.
6) Chile has a private capitalization retirement system , its the most successful and sustainable system , but due to Chile being a developing country and this system being in place for a very short amount of time AND idiotic Chileans having no clue how the system works , they get low retirement pensions , so they want to go to a full socialized pension system which would absolutely destroy their country as it is destroying the rest of the world.
7) These protests , at the end of the day , are made because they want MORE subsidies , they want to FULLY STATIZE Universities , healthcare , pensions , raise taxes even much more , probably to Argentinian or Comoros levels , they just want the same statism that destroyed their country.
There is much more at play here and the elite international press will side with the left , the Chileans who defend Liberty , small government , free market and capitalism are a silent majority , but they're also a bunch of cowards , so if the left doesn't let go they might just win.
The subsidy cut has already been canceled after all...
Don't watch the news nor actively use twitter/facebok so I got the fresh news from this thread (._.')
Only shit I heard about this is in twitter trending :(
Argentina need to do the same thing whit MACRI!!!
Bus 233 % +
Gas 1013 % +
Light (Electricity) 1.615 %+
Water 550 % +
Fucking insane, to hard to live here...
Macri supports Piñera, Obviously everything is censored here. The same happened with Ecuador, only opposition media to Macri talk about the issue
Whats happening? (In texan not chilean)
actually saw in TN things about protestors burning lots of supermarkets, a toll and a newspaper house, and now in instagram i saw things involving military in the streets, shooting to people (not too sure about that, but there was some guys in the floor or being pulled by militars)
*btw, this whole thing makes me sad tbh...
nobody gives a shit about Chille in EU sorry my friend
noone here cares about latin america chimpouts
I'm attending college in the US right now and pretty much everything in the news is about China and the Middle East.
Where's Pinochet when you need him?
Our people are bored of all these abuses, Chile is waking up and the government need to listen us, VIVA CHILE MIERDAA
The only thing i found was also about the price increase of metro tickets, which by the videos i have seen on social media im guessing that's not all of the problems.
I want to thank everybody who had read this. ! and yes the situation is pretty ugly, but it represent the tiredness of the people
Never heard anything here in Russia. Maybe cuz I dont read news. Anyway what is going on?
I don't know too much about Chile, but it seems these young people are too extreme and violent. Probably because they didn't live through dictatorship.
It seems this is a result of a lot of years and bad governments. I don't know how a small country with only 18 million people can get in such a shitty situation. But abstention by the voters (like it seems to happen there) also isn't the solution to this.
i never read anything about latin america at all over here at least
Hope you guys in Chile stay strong, sad to see a president with ties to the Pinochet dictatorship (this considering his brother was a minister for Pinochet, which implemented an individual capitalized pension system).
Nikto ne dast nam izbavlenia;
Ni bog, ni tsar i ni geroj;
Dobiomsia my osvobodzhdenia;
Svoieiu sobstvennoi rukoi;
Chtob gniot rukoi umeloi;
Otvoievat svoio dobro.
1: I'm sure your government does some outrageous stuff and should be held accountable. But!
2: Never ever has "stuff is getting expensive, lets break expensive stuff" lead to lower prices for anything.
3: do NOT privatize your public transport. Maybe it will become more 'cost-efficient' but that just means less actual transport or higher prices.
edit: this is not necessarily to OP, just replying to some things I saw ITT
We are seeing a lot of things about Chile lately. There were even some trips that were canceled between São Paulo to Santiago
btw, gl buddy