There were bugs but you weren't allowed to used them in pro/competitive games.
maybe like silent plant/defuse and things like that
plant bomb over edges, jump boost through objects, defuse through walls, flash people across the map, pixel walks
flash bug on
Nuke ramp box
Train ivy box
Silent running/crouch hopping
16 bit smokes (not a bug but you can see through it unless you use 32bit)
Silent planting on Dust2 a site, inferno b site.
Sky walking on dust1
Interp commands in console in early days too
Probably more shit. You just had to play around it.
There was one OP bug, when you die and start spectating your teammate and then change it to another player you can slow it down and then you can easily see enemies through walls
Flash bugs. Switch Glitch. Walking on the very edge of a surface would sometimes produce the noise of the surface type below it (ex: B site Nuke). Crouch-walking. Having to manually enter your zoom sens and interp if you were too lazy to set up a userconfig file...
1.6 was a mess. really bad game from neutral prespective. 0 cooparation from VALVE. what happening now is totally different. first of all the game for itself is kinda great compared to other games on the market. second, every time the community finds a bug/gun op/ map unbalanced etc they immediately fixing it. totally different times
navi players using chlenix
1.6 had many bugs and back then Valve did not change things inside the game with updates like we are used to nowadays, you simply had to get used to them like GT said.
Crouch hopping which became one of the biggest parts of the game in the latter years. Head hit boxes being fucked up when you try to headshot a defuser. Looking at down to the floor when a smoke is in front of you allowed you to see through the smoke a little. There were tons of bugs that some actually improved the game for me, like crouch hopping with sped up the game a lot. Still a better game than csgo, and 1.6 never got updated.
Pixelwalks, seeing through walls (dust2 infront of long dark), the legendary nade that exploded in the boxes outside of b door and did damage in lower tunnel, shitton of wallbangs thru kilometer thick walls, not hearing defuse if u stabbed with knife right before u started defusing, defusing thru walls....
And shitton more xd
you could see through smoke when using 16 bits on video settings
I know one, the poor thing born without wings. :/
In 1.6 if you binded scroll wheel up to crouch you can crouch spam and move insanely fast and basically be impossible to hit
flashes and smokes is one thing
The biggest one was probably the duck jumping one refered to as "Russian jumping" for some reason. I guess it looked like someone tried to slavic squat and stood back up instantly. It could be abused to move at normal speed while still being silent if you were really good at it, and you could crouch peak corners really fast with it.
this thread makes me miss the 1.6 days
heres 2 uncommon bugs probably no one knows these days:
on cpl_mill being able to 2 man boost through the floor into A site and alt from sewers was a fun one. also in nonsteam cs version u can delete smoke file and smokes would disappear for u
Hitboxes on a planting player we're totally misplaced, especially if the planter was crouching and lookin up and turning.
e.g. Pixelwalk or flash bugs where you would flash whole parts of the maps
Headshot from behind never ever registered in 1.6 and this was never fixed
Inaccuracy bugs - everywhere.
1. Guns were supposed to lose accuracy from the first shot. However, due to a bug you only start losing accuracy after n shots. For the AK47, n = 6; for the UMP, n = 15; for the MP5, n = 1 (the only gun this bug doesn't work with). In general this number varies with each gun.
2. After you got above the number of shots to actually start losing accuracy and stopped firing, you didn't actually get your accuracy back by waiting. The game didn't apply the "recovery" to accuracy until the *next* shot after you waited. So, if you sprayed 15 shots with an AK and waited 3 seconds, your next shot would be as bad as the 16th shot would have been if you kept spraying. The workaround for this was the "magic bullet" trick (quickspwapping after you fire).
3. The SG550's (CT autosniper) accuracy is not properly initialized, so the first shot is always fucked.
4. The AUG has more accuracy after a reload than even quickswapping can give you.
5. In theory, you're supposed to have maximum accuracy and no recoil penalty if you're moving slower than 140 units per second. But for some guns that leeway isn't given, and you have to be *perfectly stationary* to not have the recoil/accuracy penalty.
atleast 1.6 the competion was clean now only t5 can cheat easy and let's not talk about LANs
when u are halflflashed amd u get another flash, even behind, u are fullflash
so doubleflashes was very overpowered at a rush, navi and mousesports gob b abuse it very hard
. then u can made on the old netgraph, at a 1vs 1 u can scan the spot thru walls, when the numbers on netgraph go higher u know enemy is at this site and can go to another, cyx invented it after they used it in eps at 360 esports
push scoreboard when flashed, and u can see pretty good and fight when u flashed, many players do this in germany in old times....
then smokepuff could be never fixed. an smokefile u put in in your folder and u got , smokes that are actually no smokes
u also can play with gamma and brithness programms to see thru smokes good, and made flashes half useless
i can tell u 70 % of the good esl players use smokepuff in the endtimes of esl, thats why everybody say the germans cheats in this times... we are just smokegods
There was a boost on dust two where you jump and see players at long and bedroom from a site