Thread has been deleted
Last comment
11 000+ scientists warn about the climate
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
"World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency Scientists have a moral obligation to clearly warn humanity of any catastrophic threat and to “tell it like it is.” On the basis of this obligation and the graphical indicators presented below, we declare, with more than 11,000 scientist signatories from around the world, clearly and unequivocally that planet Earth is facing a climate emergency." academic.oup.com/bioscience/advance-arti.. What is your take HLTV?
2019-11-08 13:09
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Palestine FREE_PALESTINE 
check flair, check flag, check name HWML, Korea, ARBOGA pc solded
2019-11-08 13:10
*Scientists prove Climate changes, changed before and is changing now. WOW Solution: reduce farts, don't eat, don't reproduce, don't use warm water, don't breath. Target Population: peasants. Result: Enough peasants to serve us meals and clean our asses, but not too much.
2019-11-08 19:42
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
"changes, changed before and is changing now" Yeah but as you can see on charts which show the stats its changing faster than ever before. And is clearly linked to human activities. So sorry but this argument doesnt work.
2019-11-08 20:19
earth is billions, with a b, of years old. Charts with "only" 1000's of years CANNOT represent fairly the sun's activity cycles for a planet.
2019-11-08 20:58
Its impossible to explain this matter to people who does not understand how science work, and just thinks its a choice to believe in something or not. Yes its a fact, there is no opinions about it, but idiots like the one above is the reason why things will be going to the shitter. But I think it will go bad enough so that these idiots will also understand before it is too late, at least one can hope.
2019-11-09 00:02
before its too late for what? Finland ground level has been rising. At this rate there will no be sea soon between sweden and finland. The global temperature rise would only be beneficial for nordic countries as the warm seasons gets longer. The one would get more problems would be the countries that pollute the most. i.e. usa, china, india, and even then it is not known how much problems. In general, when CO2 rises plants also start growing faster - we are quite far from any max growth levels.
2019-11-10 22:33
Just calculate how much people live in the areas that become unhabitable and move them to here in the nordics :D I cant see any issues popping up ;)
2019-11-11 17:08
why would they need to move north tho? China for example has plenty of unused land
2019-11-11 23:03
If they knew whats waiting, who wouldn't? :)
2019-11-12 17:14
nothing bad is happening. most of media stuff is overexaggarated. A lot of dinosaur fossils can be found in china, and the CO2 levels were about 6x higher than now when they flourished.
2019-11-12 17:17
Its so frustrating when people are repeating the same stupid arguments that have been explained before you were born. How hard it is to learn. Yes CO2 levels have been higher just as the "climate has always changed", but that is not the problem. Problem is the speed. How quickly the climate is changing, as there is no time for nature to adapt and it will have huge impacts on ecosystems. Same evidence that proves that the CO2 levels were higher back in the time of the dinosaurs, also prove that it took hundreads of thousands of years for the levels to change. And how did the dinosaurs die? Climate change due to asteroid impact.
2019-11-12 17:24
It is frustrating to talk with laymen who cant even read research papers on this matter. Sorry but you are clueless, and you have just enjoyed the typical media/political propaganda. Go talk with your univ of helsinki atmospheric science people, first of all most of them are stupid fucks who couldnt succeed in other fields, secondly they dont have the slightest clue about impacts because nobody has. And for all we know it is not be very bad since there is lots of proof of many eras with higher CO2 and direct biochemistry proof where plants and thus animals thrive in much larger CO2 levels. And no the asteroid it is not a fact either, just a hypothesis. There are many other hypothesis about it too like a plague spreading. Also fyi. not all dinosaurs died, we still have "living" dinosaurs from which many has evolved to become smaller due to less vegetation due to less co2.
2019-11-12 17:34
You are literally talking to an astrophysicist from univ of helsinki, my wife is an meteorologist doing research at the finnish meteorological institute and my closest friends consists of several geophyscisits, environmental scientists and so on. So please, tell me how to read science papers or who to talk to :D What is your background on understanding any of these issues?
2019-11-12 17:53
Nice logical fallacy, what your friends are or want to be have nothing to do with the fact that your research on the environment is based on what your wife is repeating after media. The fact that you are an astrophysicists makes you understand symbols but you still dont know jack shit about anything unless youve actually studied the papers and how the studies are conducted. If we look at forests, the area has been increasing in recent decades – by as much as 35% in Europe, mostly due to the reforestation of Eastern Europe. Nothing special will happen when some temperature change reaches 1.5 °C or 2 °C. If your wife or any of the other environmental scientists friends claim otherwise then they are liars. The earths climate is not threatened at all. The tropical forests are also doing fine. The climate is more stable in these climatic zones. On top of that, the forests themselves create a local, even more stable climate for the flora and fauna that lives under the trees. There is simply zero justification for any kind of climate-related worries. The people spreading this ideology still believe in the efficiency of Goebbels' "The lie that is repeated 100 times becomes the truth". The climate also involves a pile of feedback mechanisms that are completely unknown to us. One example: The warming due to fossil fuels will shorten the heating season – and therefore reduce the consumption of the fossil fuels! A more complex and widely discussed example: At the end of every interglacial (and we're living inside one of those), the oceanic currents weakened because the seas warmed too much. This has paradoxically cooled the Northern oceans which caused a fast increase of the ice sheets and the jump towards a new ice age! The rising sea level is being discussed often, too. That may occur when the polar ice melts and it may be a problem for the people living near the coasts. However, the warming also seems to bring wetter conditions for the areas around the tropics (of Cancer/Capricorn), i.e. a green Sahara – and more hospitable conditions in the Northern areas. We can't even rule out the end of the interglacial. The timing could allow it. The greenhouse gases could help to delay the new ice age – or not. We simply do not know what will happen. We only know one thing, namely that the climate will keep on changing because it's been changing since the Earth became the Earth. To build the ecological policies on a single scenario (that there will be a monotonic warming) is an irresponsible charlatanry. The political and yes-man pressure in athmosperic sciences is so crazy that even paleoclimatologists dont dare to show criticism. wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/15/mcintyre-..
2019-11-12 19:50
You are quick to attack, talking about propaganda, talking about how mislead me and the people around me are, who are actually doing the research. I'm not a researcher, but as said my wife is and no she is not repeating anything from the media, she is actually working on the data. As is a lot of my friends that I surprisingly know after studying for several years. You are correct that it is complex matter, but as you did not answer the only question I asked, what are your merits on talking about the subject, I have to assume none from the real scientific standpoint. I'm sure there are a lot of great youtube videos on the subject, but the science is solid on this, and you are on the wrong side of it. But I agree with you that it is impossible to know exactly what will happen. It is true that there are unknown feedback mechanics and there is a possibility for your scenario too. The problem is that your ideology bases the future of the planet on these unknown mechanisms. That is not how science works. Fact is that the climate is changing faster than ever before due to the mans actions, and no model or known mechanism is predicting your scenario. And just to be clear, as I do see this scene from very close, there is no political pressure and there is no money to be made by the scientists on this, but hey its me who has read the propaganda ":D"
2019-11-12 20:42
I have three degrees in theoretical physics, but that has nothing to do with the discussion since it is a logical fallacy called appealing to authority. I recommend taking some logic classes. "No models predicting my scenario". What scenario? Your wife is purposely being ignorant or just dumb, but its not her fault, half of the staff at uni of helsinki atmospheric side barely even knows 2nd year thermal physics, and most of them have not even studied statistical mechanics. No money involved? Climate science is one of the most funded sciences, especially compared to theoretical physics. You can be the shittiest student and get a paid PhD position. Nobody wants to really go there, and they get money from everywhere. Im not even starting with the political and private company side of this.
2019-11-12 20:57
Three degrees in theoretical physics? :D And you dont know what astrophysics is? Ok. One arrogant muppet you are that is for sure. Why dont you humor me with the three degrees, so what was the subjects of your masters? I do find theoretical physics much more interesting anyway.
2019-11-12 20:57
Why would i not know what astrophysics is? You are the arrogant muppet here stroking your C-list degrees with 0 arguments. My masters had to do with d- and p-branes, but im not going into it here.
2019-11-12 20:59
I'm sure we will not get into it here :D Yes the grants on climate studies are so huge and making all the paid phd students oh so rich. Comparing to the evil CERN where the theoretical physicists have such a shitty salaries and so few gets the position. I wonder if the oil companies would pay less if you would jump ships. Logic. I love how you can call me arrogant while stating that theoretical physics is somehow above astrophysics or meteorology :D Facinating stuff all that string theory, but its closer to theoretical philosophy than natural science :)
2019-11-12 21:15
 | 
Denmark baccster 
Can you smoke CT and flash us out of A ramp?
2019-11-12 21:46
No prob bro.
2019-11-12 21:48
u smoking crack? There are very few theoretical physicists working in CERN. Imagine commenting on yet another subject you know jack shit about. Its amazing how one can form so strong opinions on subjects one knows nothing about. You are truly the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. But expected from kid from Kruununhaan yläaste
2019-11-12 23:37
biggest bait, yes?
2019-11-13 07:48
Calm the fuck down :D I dont understand how you can be so tilted, you are trying to ad homini attack me on the level of education, which is funny as there is nothing to be ashmed of the schools I've attended :D I've tried to be as honest with you as possible, trying to explain you the reason behind my thoughts on which you seem to just shit on and be agressive. It doesn't if its CERN or HIP or Fermilab etc, I do not know any theoretical physicist that have graduated and not get a phd position. But you can probably explain why being a theoretical physicist would make you somehow more of an expert on climate change than thousands of reasearchers on that specific subject?
2019-11-13 16:15
You have yet to give a single argument to any of my claims, and you wont because you dont even know what the word 'interglacial' means without googling, probably not even your wife knows it. There are thousands of researchers who also disagree, nice logical fallacy again. It is not me alone who disagrees. I dont even know what you are trying to say with "it doesnt if its cern fermilab..." "phd position" has to do with what? PhD position is easy to get - getting a paid position is not. Getting a postdoc is hard compared to other fields. You are so illogical and just plain tarded im wondering how you got your masters in the first place, but is no surprise you didnt continue from there.
2019-11-13 17:52
Sorry for being illogical as I do get back to you between actual things. I do understand that you have a huge need to prove some type of intellectual superiority and i'm sure you are a student in some above average university. Who cares. I am no kid anymore, its some time that i've done any studying and as I stated I am not working on reasearch myself, but I do have the understanding of scientific method and how research is actually done. I have no interest on talking about those things as they should be clear to both of us. Paid PhD positions are also easy to get, but these things have nothing to do with the actual topic. I'm sure we will not agree on most of the things, but correct me if i've understood wrong: 1. We disagree on IPCC reports (I trust them you dont) 2. We disagree on the integrity of climate research based on political interest / private funding (?) Claims you have done: 1. CO2 levels have been much higher in the past so it will not be a problem today. - I answered that as it is true, the speed of which the level is changing is never seen before and the risk is that the environment has no time to adapt and ecosystems will fail. 2. There are unknown feedback mechanisms with increasing CO2 levels - agreed, but as stated they are unknown, I wouldn't be the planet on them. I do apologize for my frustrated start in the conversation as most people have no basic understanding, and to be honest your first comment looked like one. However calling everybody who actually does research on the subject stupid / dumb / ignorant etc is just plainly arrogant. I have no interest listing all the illogical statements, how most of your ad hominis very well fit back to yourself etc. I have no need to extend this further as the main argument will remain. Out of curiosity, are you working on climate research or reading on the subject as a hobby?
2019-11-13 18:39
Bro you dont even understand what logical fallacies are. "Paid PhD positions are also easy to get, but these things have nothing to do with the actual topic". Yes they are - in atmospheric sciences. So far your arguments in each essay comment summed up has been: "I aM AsTroPhysIcSt aNd My WiFe iS AtMosPherIc ScieNce PersON" So just stop replying to me with your nonsense ty
2019-11-13 19:01
I hope you get your first degree in theoretical physics soon :) You'll fit right in, and i'm sure you'll have lots of friends.
2019-11-13 19:13
See this is what I mean. You are completely cluess about everything and resort to appealing to authority and ad hominem. I hope you grow up before you turn 40yo, but you seem like a lost cause.
2019-11-13 20:16
If you are trolling, I have to give you 8/8, but as i'm quite sure you are not, I have to say i'm speechless of your stupidity. Have you read anything you have written :D Quite frankly i'm not clueless about anything, I know your issues while thinking you are smarter than everyone, but still understanding nothing. Making controversial statements and logical fallacies even when talking about logical fallacies, unreal. Calling on ad hominem after insulting me and my close ones several times without a reason. After several attemps trying to talk to you and understand your point of view, your answer is to shit on me more. Yes you are such a warm person! I'm sure it had nothing to do with why you didnt get a paid PhD position. Now please do not reply anymore.
2019-11-13 21:06
Thanks man I really tried this time. One of my fines trollings
2019-11-13 21:39
+1
2019-11-13 21:44
 | 
Guatemala Pakal_I 
Hold on, which research papers is he supposed to read as opposed to the ones he is supposedly already reading?
2019-11-13 08:44
For starters, any, because he clearly does not read any.
2019-11-13 19:02
+1 i can confirm. i see flag and flare /didnt read
2019-11-08 20:05
imagine being this dumb
2019-11-12 17:18
kkkkkkkkkk
2019-11-08 21:18
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
inb4 biased article
2019-11-08 13:10
weeb article ayaya
2019-11-08 21:28
 | 
Iceland fatboislim 
well now we need signatures from the scientists who don't believe in climate emergency so we can compare the results.
2019-11-08 21:30
You go greta thunberg!
2019-11-08 13:11
 | 
Netherlands n0b8m8 
They are all corrupt climate change is a big hoax
2019-11-08 13:13
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
prove it ps u cant
2019-11-08 18:06
 | 
Netherlands n0b8m8 
Don't need to proof anything to a weeb
2019-11-08 18:56
Based
2019-11-08 19:02
 | 
Poland Hanse 
They are both right
2019-11-08 19:04
Climate change is hoax and true?
2019-11-08 19:05
 | 
Poland Hanse 
Climate change is true and weebs have no right of speech
2019-11-08 19:19
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
+1
2019-11-08 19:37
 | 
Netherlands n0b8m8 
Seems fair
2019-11-08 19:45
+1 smart poland i can confirm. nobel prize 2020
2019-11-08 20:06
NiKo | 
Finland Pikkunova 
+1
2019-11-08 20:21
+1
2019-11-08 21:31
 | 
Poland Lukovsky 
+1
2019-11-12 17:24
+1
2019-11-13 07:59
+1
2019-11-13 08:33
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
Doesn’t the climate constantly change? Like we’ve had ice ages before so why is this different than the ice ages and the climate change that came with them?
2019-11-08 19:49
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
shit take, go read more on this before commenting this pea brain shit, closing hltv for a few hours because of you skepticalscience.com/argument.php
2019-11-08 19:50
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
It wasn’t a take. It was a question. Sorry you must not have been able to tell but that’s why there is “?” After every sentence. What’s a question mark in Korea mens???
2019-11-08 19:52
If you really at this point dont understand the difference of climate changing over tens of thousands of years compared to 30-40 years, you really need to pull your head out of your ass. Climate change is not a debate, like gravity is not a debate or evolution is not a debate. Its a scientific fact confirmed by thousands of studies. And yes it sucks that all the nice things we have is causing it.
2019-11-09 00:07
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
lmao someone got triggered +1 for your anger bby<3
2019-11-09 00:47
HAHAHAHAHAHA six times in the last 120yrs scientists went back and forth between coming ice age and coming boiling point. Wrong every time. Go with climate change-that can't possibly be wrong! 100percent increase in man made carbons the last 20yrs. Almost no climate change. Despite Mann/Gore assuring us the next 100percent increase=all boil-almost 20yrs ago. Wrong again. BTW evolution is a theory not a fact(when they find just one of the millions and millions of missing link fossils or even just one-maybe it will be a fact). Gravity is variable not constant as they taught for hundreds of years until recently. Keep up the good work.
2019-11-09 02:38
This is exactly the point of people not understanding how science work :) I dont know how its even possible for you to be wrong about every statement you make, but let me school you boy. Science is based on evidence, the more you study something the better results you get. Yes ideas about climate change has changed in the last 120 years, but didn't I just say that the real difference has been in the last 30-40 years? Changes are more drastic, more studies have been made. More evidence have been collected. Sigma value of climate change studies are becoming higher and higher. Secondly science is never final, yes it is possible that the science is wrong about the climate change, though nobody can say how it could be wrong, but it can be, it is just highly unlikely. Just like you can win in a lottery, but probably wont. So it is best to assume you wont win in a lottery and that climate change is real. Then your next mistake. I find it funny, just like a peeing monkey, when people keep coming up the same stupidities over and over and over again. Its like you've never opened a science book (maybe any book?). Theory means fact. Just let it sink in. Scientific theory like evolution theory means fact. Thats what it means. There is no such thing as "missing link", that is no how evolution works, but you can read more about these great mistakes from another religious science books. And I wouldn't even even care to go to gravity, as you clearly have no basic understand of physics, but hey what the hell. Gravity has basically have two theories, Newtons theory of gravity and Einsteins general relativity. Both are very true still to this day. But yes through Einsteins general relativity we could understand that gravity is not a force, but a shape. Yea. Science have given you everything in your life, your house, your computer, your phones, your clothes, your food, your internet. Now it is giving you the truth about climate change and you think there is something wrong about science. Keep up the good work.
2019-11-09 11:29
"evolution is a theory" KEKW
2019-11-13 07:54
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
Also climate reacting to what’s around it is possibly the worst answer I’ve ever seen. What around the earth caused it to be entirely iced over? Ice cubes? You ok Greta?
2019-11-08 19:53
The increase in temperature and temperature acceleration that we see today simply goes far above and beyond what it would be if it was just "coming out of an ice age". Does that answer your question?
2019-11-08 21:14
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
I understand that what we currently have in terms of transportation is increasing the rate of climate change but what is the solution? Throw it all away? It seems unlikely
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
But yes that answers the question but I also don’t think that estimates of 15 years until the planet is uninhabitable is just a scare tactic and baseless and quite honestly ridiculous
2019-11-08 21:19
Yeah, if anything that is in regard to flat islands or coastal areas. But you know what begins then?
2019-11-08 21:35
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
What?
2019-11-08 22:12
Mass Emigration from those countries north-wards. And I wonder whats gonna happen then.
2019-11-08 22:29
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
Yes it did. But the numbers we see now are extremely higher than when it happened naturally. Yes it is a natural thing, BUT humans are the reason it is happening faster and the changes are way more drastic than ever before.
2019-11-08 20:21
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
What’s your suggestion to fix it then?
2019-11-08 20:33
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
No disrespect but a lot of people talk big about climate change but they do nothing to fix it themselves or have no plan of action they just talk so just wondering what you think is the best way to stop or reverse climate change
2019-11-08 20:34
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
Idk what is the best fix at all. I am by no means an expert or anything like that. I know like some stuff that causes it but i got no fucking idea how to realistically change that.
2019-11-08 20:38
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
Ya I think that at this point as a society we may be too far gone. Obviously removing cars and planes from the equation would help drastically but I just could never see the companies selling cars and planes or the people using them to ever stop until it becomes more evident that it’s life or death. Hopefully a decent solution will be found but I’m skeptical
2019-11-08 20:44
Solutions exist already and it doesn't mean that you have to give up everything, but yes we in the western world would need to reduce our consumption, we dont have to go vegan and stop traveling but we could do it a lot less. And most of the actions can be guided with political decisions like taxation.
2019-11-09 00:14
 | 
Norway PeteZz 
Yes it does. Don’t you think some of these 11.000+ scientists may have taken that fact into consideration? There are a lot of fucking amazing scientists who all say the same thing. It’s real. All of these people are not paid to say so.
2019-11-09 03:02
Aleksib | 
United States JeyyR 
Buddy. I never said climate change wasn’t real. I just said climate change happens regardless. It happened in the past. It happens now. Get off the HLTV forums and go save the world Pete
2019-11-09 07:08
It is "real". it happens. In cycles. The sun is a MAJOR factor, we can "Seppuku" ourselves overnight that the climate will continue to change no matter what. This is PURE propaganda, we should be focusing on clean soil, less garbage, more efficiency, NOT death cults with propaganda wraps!
2019-11-08 19:59
+1
 | 
North America 007DBR9 
omegalol fucking idiot
2019-11-12 17:26
it's too late to save the world, you fucking idiots we're all gonna die by 2050 be it climate catastrophe or the last world war with nukes cause humans are fucking braindead
2019-11-08 13:14
try to learn to read before that
2019-11-08 19:16
 | 
Bulgaria GodHeaven 
what happened to 2030?
2019-11-08 19:40
r u 13?
Honestly, I don't know this article but I just read the work of Cook et all which is always cited as a confirmation of the 97% consens about the influence of CO2 on global warming. I heard some people criticising the Implications of the conclusions in this paper and I was actually shocked after reading the methodology which they applied in their work. The conclusion that 97% of the peer reviewed papers come to the conclusion, that CO2 is the main factor of climate change is not correct! For those who know a bit about statistics: They estimated a CONDITIONAL estimate of the percentage of works that come to the regarding conclusion and not the unconditional estimate. Thus, the interpretation is garbage. I can't believe people are citing this over and over again when it is that obviously wrong. But make your own opinion. pdf of cook's article researchgate.net/publication/256538724_Q..
2019-11-08 18:15
haha this is the wrong place to talk about statistics :D these people don't even known what is a probability. Like team "A wins with 80% probability" is =" Team A has to win" to HLTV people. Team B should never win.
2019-11-08 19:12
what condition was there?
2019-11-08 19:34
Climate change is fake
2019-11-08 18:14
it is not. it always happens. In cycles. The sun is a MAJOR factor, we can "Seppuku" ourselves overnight that the climate will continue to change no matter what. This is PURE propaganda, we should be focusing on clean soil, less garbage, more efficiency, NOT death cults with propaganda wraps!
2019-11-08 19:57
+1 smartest portugal in this site i see yet have great day men
2019-11-08 20:08
have a great day too! :)
2019-11-08 20:09
yeh it does go in natural cycles. but according to those cycles we should be cooling down. not warming up insanly fast
2019-11-08 20:30
''Warming up insanely fast'' The global average and combined land and ocean surface temperature, show a warming of 0.85 [0.65 to 1.06] °C, in the period 1880 to 2012, based on multiple independently produced datasets. This gives a trend of 0.064 ± 0.015 °C per decade over that period.
2019-11-08 20:35
 | 
Norway JorgyZ 
That IS insanely fast, one decade in the earths history is like you blinking your eye once in your life
2019-11-08 20:42
also a majority of that is the past fucking 10-20 years
2019-11-08 20:46
No? The data shows global temperature from 1880-2012. You think pollution wasn't a thing before 10-20 years ago?
That IS really fuckin fast. Just because your peanut brain still experiences snow in the winter, doesnt mean that the overall trend is a real thing.
2019-11-08 21:16
oK gReTa tHuNbErG
2019-11-08 21:17
"if the world is warming why is there snow"
2019-11-08 21:36
2019-11-08 22:04
Both pollution as well as human activity as well as the industry havent been as large and active over 20 years ago. And if I am not wrong, deforestation has started to really go nuts within the last couple of decades, not the decades before that. So there is good reason why the CO2 has been going crazy the last few years. But sure, keep ignoring that what might seem like a small number to you, is a large number in global context.
2019-11-08 22:32
Dude, this is not part of the normal natural cycle. Why do I read this stupid argument all the time.
steel | 
Spain Zhalos 
Big +1 You truly are a guy that knows his facts, brother We need to focus on being more efficient and try to be clean and not pollute the world as much as we do nowadays
2019-11-08 21:42
thank you. exactly
2019-11-08 23:02
 | 
World Beard43 
+1
2019-11-11 01:02
Good for them
2019-11-08 18:57
shrek | 
United States 69420 
It's cold outside
2019-11-08 18:57
 | 
Germany MackyGee 
+1 rekted
2019-11-08 19:18
shrek | 
United States 69420 
😎 gg
2019-11-08 20:09
you are aware that climate change means warmer summers and colder winters, right? which is exactly what's been happening these recent years.
2019-11-08 21:15
he is joking and making fun of the people that hold up snowballs as if they disprove climate change
Eh not quiet. Yes maybe in certain areas winters can get extrem (more extrem than usual) but the overall trend is that winters and summers are getting hotter.
2019-11-08 21:35
yes, warmer weather > more water evaporating into the atmosphere > potential snowfall it depends on the region. but yes, on average the planet is getting hotter. but just because it's an abnormally cold winter doesn't mean that the planet isn't getting warmer, on average.
2019-11-08 21:59
Well boys we did it climate change is no more 😎
2019-11-08 21:33
I shuD be bäk in schåål!
2019-11-08 19:01
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
they're using scare tactics to grab attention, nothing is actually going to happen for a while. stupid scientists
NiKo | 
Finland Pikkunova 
Ok boomer
2019-11-08 20:23
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
ok retard
Ok report
2019-11-08 23:23
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
ok you think i care
2019-11-08 23:27
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
retard
2019-11-08 23:27
mad kid omegalul
2019-11-11 00:56
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
this isn't twitch loser, go jerk off to your egirls who definetly don't scam you
2019-11-11 09:15
"hltv expert who just failed 8th grade destroys bulk of scientists who literally examine this shit for hours every single day with a single comment" - breitbart news.
2019-11-08 21:20
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
hahahahah u must be a stupid "scientist" lmao troglodyte shut up
look at your name, now look to me, now back at your name, now back at me. You are an idiot.
2019-11-08 21:32
 | 
Finland Autisthicc 
no actually you are dumb
2019-11-08 22:29
 | 
Latvia tibr0 
who cares dont cut trees and go plant ez no climate
Rightwingers will believe some random youtuber over 11k scientists xaxaxaxa
2019-11-08 19:02
2019-11-08 21:01
Btw not saying the hypotheses holds true or not, just that in general in this discussion primary sources should be published more often and be checked much more carefully. It's definitely not only youtubers or AfD members or trump that express doubts. google.com/url?q=fortschrittinfreiheit.d.. Dr Tscheuschner Prof Kramm Prof Kirstein Prof Gehrlich Are some names not having any party or being related to "rightwingers"
2019-11-08 21:07
Interesting, i will take a look at this document, thanks.
 | 
United States not_fbi 
i couldnt care less
 | 
Brazil Bene_Tleilax 
dont care
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
u should, and stop burning the amazon forest
2019-11-08 19:22
 | 
Brazil Bene_Tleilax 
never
2019-11-08 21:42
this is the chinese hoax I have been warned about
2019-11-08 19:05
"HLTVmostRetardedSite" = most retarded HLTVer or best baiter.
2019-11-08 21:21
I'm a masterbaiter
2019-11-08 21:23
ayyyyy lmao
2019-11-08 21:32
 | 
Denmark Howlite 
climate change is a problem but not gonna be close to being the end of humanity or surve any higher threat than being a big blow on the econemy and make some polar bears sad. It's a problem but you can do 60 times more good bye trying to prevent poverty. UN's climate report does not say that climate change is any way close to as catastrophic as Greta Thunberg. 11k scientist warn about, but it does not mean that it should be the main priority for doing good.
2019-11-08 19:12
are this 11k scientists climate scientists?
2019-11-08 19:14
What if not? What if the number is just 5k? I don't think they all even scientists.
2019-11-08 19:19
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
See #39
2019-11-08 19:43
Phd candidate is not a scientist imo. Some of them might be but not necessarily. I searched some of them from my country and theyhave1-2 publications from not very related area. Anyways the point is that this number is not important. Any fact should not be dependent on the number of scientists behind it. If it's 10, 1000 or 10000, it should not be in the focus.
2019-11-08 21:08
Then stop the fucking right-wing morons from humping the "1100 scientists signed paper saying climate change isnt a danger"-letter or whatever that was. They often bring it up.
2019-11-08 21:22
I have never heard of that
The planet is fine. The people are fucked.
2019-11-08 19:21
How many of the signatures come from gender studies degrees?
2019-11-08 19:23
+1
2019-11-08 19:35
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
nice argument
2019-11-08 19:38
Not an argument I am just asking
"argument"
2019-11-08 20:22
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
2019-11-08 19:39
"climate": 154
2019-11-08 19:41
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
your point?
2019-11-08 19:42
That purely the number of signatures isn't worth anything if they come from people with no expertise in the topic. Like I do think that we should enact measures to stop global warming but this list being marketed as "11000 scientist" is just disingenious
2019-11-08 19:44
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
you know this affects multiple fields, expected from u though
2019-11-08 19:46
I just scroll randomly in the list and see professors of Palaeontology, medicine, historians, etc. Like I'm sure many of these people know more about the topic than I do but still doesn't make them experts on it
Dont forget that the climate issue does affect many different fields of science, some of which one wouldnt even expect to be involved. So even a geologist can know a shitton about climate change f.e.
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
totally agree, it's bullshit but i still guess the majority of them has a background in natural science
2019-11-08 19:47
I'm sure many of these people know more about the topic than I do but still doesn't make them experts on it. If they would have made a list of purely people with authority on the matter I could get behind it much more
2019-11-08 19:50
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
Yeah, i mean.. it has been consense of climate scientists for years: e.g. pnas.org/content/107/27/12107 i totally agree this new shitty list probably has the opposite effect they wanted to have. but hey, it's everywhere in the media
It was always on the media since the 70's. People act like the media put more attention on it recently, BS. LOL :D People should see some covers from decades ago.
2019-11-08 20:01
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
yes, it was always in the media but obviously the media attention increased in the last few years
2019-11-08 20:02
Does it have anything to do with the rise of internet availability and use? I wonder? xD "the world will end in 12 years" that is a nice clickbait article to pump up the views/clicks. :D
2019-11-08 20:05
chrisJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
yeah, ofc. that is probably the main reason
2019-11-08 20:15
> That purely the number of signatures isn't worth anything if they come from people with no expertise in the topic So most politicans should have no right to vote for certain laws???
2019-11-08 21:00
That is not comparable
2019-11-08 21:34
Yes because it's actually worse. People with 0 knowledge voting for things that directly impact our life! Very cool! Article 13 for example
2019-11-08 21:36
They get input from experts
2019-11-08 21:38
yeah sure
2019-11-08 22:10
yeah sure
2019-11-08 22:10
0/8
2019-11-09 02:54
 | 
Brazil fuNNa 
"student": 972
2019-11-08 20:36
 | 
Bulgaria GodHeaven 
linkolini strikes again with facts
no one knows for sure whether this will be global warming or not, it's like guessing on coffee grounds
2019-11-08 19:32
bullshit
11 000 scientists but only a handful are climate scientists?
2019-11-08 19:43
No one is looking! :D
2019-11-08 19:46
IS MICKEY MOUSE STILL IN THERE?! OMEGALUL
the clime changes because that's what it has to do. It makes no sense static clime.
dude those thousand of scientitsts predicted the end of the world already 30 years ago, and still here we are..But i guess its trendy going with lets save the world crap.. Obviously you have no idea who is pushing it, the people who will get billions out of this green stuff...And the dummies like you will have to pay for it ;)
2019-11-08 19:52
No, they fucking didnt. Show me the papers where they said 30 years ago that the world was gonna end soon.
2019-11-08 21:24
there is no climate change, only climate cycles. Global warming problem is an obvious scam. images.app.goo.gl/NpLgT6syeVwJXivM6
All the far right incels commenting thinking climate change isnt real xaxaxaxaxa
2019-11-08 20:06
china propaganda
2019-11-08 20:11
cant expect anything else from a swede
2019-11-08 20:50
global warming? this year, september: Winter appears to have arrived early in Northern Europe. Fresh on the heels of Siberia’s rathe snow, the powder has now hit Scandinavia where locals in Värmland, Sweden are calling it the earliest snowfall in at least two decades. It isn’t usually until November, and the arrival of much cooler polar air, when Värmland sees snow totals like these. xaxaxa
2019-11-08 20:13
ok that is fucking brilliant.
2019-11-08 21:24
 | 
Yugoslavia seeeed 
Yeah and that is why it was renamed to Climate Change instead of Global Warming because it makes people make stupid misunderstanding such as yours.
2019-11-08 20:26
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
don't even bother, lmao!
2019-11-08 20:28
Seasons are a thing, so why dont u deny that too
2019-11-08 20:50
are you retarded?
2019-11-08 21:16
climate change is obviously a real peril but 11 000 people signing this, regardless of discipline or merit, is the opposite of science. there's absolutely no scientific about this and the fact that the media is treating it as such is a danger in itself
2019-11-08 20:12
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
nice u missed the point of this, literally read the quote in my thread
2019-11-08 20:14
you asked for our takes. i offered my take. are you actually retarded or what?
2019-11-08 20:17
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
shit take then
2019-11-08 20:17
ikr, its well known climate change is a hoax made up by china and the brainwashing leftists to get people to buy more of their soy meat replacements and solar panels.
2019-11-08 20:33
Oh yeah because there clearly is a massive "soy" lobby whereas the old established powerful ultra-rich fossil fuel industry lobby is just a myth of my imagination. Dumbfuck.
2019-11-08 21:26
oh yeah because there clearly is a massive "fossil fuel" lobby whereas the old established ultra-rich funders behind meat-replacement and solar panels and their lobbies are jsut a myth of my imagination. dumbfuck.
2019-11-08 22:53
uh yeah. Thats exactly correct.
2019-11-08 22:56
 | 
Finland D_Scimmy 
Their obviously wrong lol
2019-11-08 20:22
"lets see what the hltv-experts think"
2019-11-08 21:26
We need to depopulate the world! lets kill each other bitches!!!!!! come at my house!!!!!!! be sure to bring weapons bitches
2019-11-08 20:23
live ur life. chasing feel good moments, u are nothing, u do nothing, u are just a needle in a haystack. nothing u say or do, will do a difference. just fkin live ur freaking life meight.
2019-11-08 20:27
so?
hoax made up by china to suppress US economy. fuck off OP brainwashed leftist georgo soros puppet
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
georgio is my waifu
ok boomer
2019-11-08 22:54
Yeah, coz china totally pays every single scientist in the world to lie.
2019-11-08 21:27
china has a lot of money and soros is one of the richest people on earth. and 11k is not every single scientist. there is hundreds, thousadns who disagree.
2019-11-08 22:51
Just because a country and a person that you dont like is rich, doesnt mean that you get to assert a HUGE fucking conspiracy as if it is fact. Its ridiculous. Also, in case you have forgotten, the right has had a media mogul for far longer than the left. His name is Rupert Murdoch, but you love to take a blind eye to that, dont you?
2019-11-08 22:58
just because it hasnt happened before you shouldnt assume that bribing 11k scientists is impossible, especially when its backed by so much wealth
2019-11-08 23:25
I never said that its impossible but I can literally make up ANY conspiracy about anything and anyone by anyone. Its SO pathetic to just rip out a conspiracy as soon as something happens that you dont like. Dont like the democrats? Accuse them of being child rapists. Dont like the government? Accuse them of staging the moon landing and 9/11. Dont like scientists? Accuse them all of being bribed. Fuck you and people like you. I am tired of you pulling this shit out of your ass. And by the way, the lobbies AGAINST climate change are MUCH bigger and more powerful and better connected than the lobbies for green energy.
2019-11-08 23:41
xD
2019-11-09 02:58
gottem
2019-11-09 08:55
+1 finally someone with brains in this thread salute
2019-11-09 08:22
 | 
Israel JoustingBunny 
Only 11k, what about the rest? They all think it's a hoax?
2019-11-08 20:29
ikr??? wheres the other 20k scientists who openly say climate is a hoax
2019-11-08 20:30
wheres the other 20k scientists who openly say climate is a hoax? Oh right, they are nowhere.
2019-11-08 21:27
wrong they are everywhere just open your eyes leftist
2019-11-08 22:43
Oh sure, thats why you have so much trouble finding a good amount of them. Or finding a handful that isnt funded by a conservative think tank or the koch brothers. Hmmmm.
2019-11-08 22:58
they are everywhere. even the chief of the environmental protection agency says climate change is a hoax. taht should really make you think
2019-11-08 23:18
Oh the chief of the EPA? The guy that has been a lawyer for coal magnate Robert Murray for years while LOBBYING against Obamas environmental regulations and happens to be the Vice President of the Washington Coal Club? That guy? YEAH, lets trust that guy. Oh and by the way, he isnt even a scientist. He is a motherfuckin LAWYER. If thats your best example for someone being against the overwhelming consensus, it shows that you havent even done the slightest effort of looking into this guys history. Pathetic. People like you are the biggest fucking problem. Dont know shit and yet hold super strong and opinionated stances and prance around preaching them everywhere.
2019-11-08 23:46
have you even clicked my profile?
2019-11-08 23:46
What is your deal?
2019-11-08 23:48
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
i wanna have sex with u (18+ only)
2019-11-08 23:50
I dont give a shit, I have more important problems in my life
this is the reason we got global warming anyway, dumb people like you Legitimate_State. lol u dumbass, let met shoot your little shining empty head. u retard piece of shit
2019-11-08 20:42
Totallynotbait.
2019-11-08 21:40
 | 
Serbia Provizija 
+1
2019-11-09 11:52
it's so funny thinking that one individual by himself can change climate
2019-11-08 20:39
Korea education btw. In my school I started it all and now there are like 140 people doing same thing to stop climate change. So it all starts from 1 individual. Imagine thinking climate change isn't a thing
2019-11-08 21:14
#186 but i am afraid you won't understand, since you stuck at level of nationalism
2019-11-08 22:19
sakula | 
Other kaiske 
nothing you are doing will "stop climate change", it's not caused by individuals
2019-11-11 00:59
I understand where you are coming from but the one thing that can be used as a different viewpoint is this quote: "one person can change their families mind. The family can change the communities mind, the community can change the cities mind. and so on..." So its not true that you cant do much alone. Its worth a shot. But nihilism has never done anything good for anyone so scrap that mentality either way.
2019-11-08 21:29
nah, start from the top, not from the bottom, if bill gates (and other billionaries) also donald trump (and other leaders) don't fucking care, why the fuckk would I? this model of society is so dumb - that I would be more than happy if it would collapse, if there is trillions of $ spend on weapons and entertaiment, rather than ecology and science = I don't see any reason to continous or support that model that produce only more shit for this world most plastic is produce by companies not for someone who buys products, and don't blame the customer because there is no alternatives, 95%+ products in shops are packed into plastic, what can i do about it? not buy? ok than what the fuck would I eat
2019-11-08 22:17
Simple, (and this has started to happen in western countries). If people are influenced to accustom their consuming according to whats best for the environment, companies and hopefully entire industries will be forced to go along. This is where small changes make a difference. A car salesman recently told me about how way more people nowadays ask about the emissions from the car than just 6 years ago. So yes, starting from the bottom HAS (!!!!!!!) made a difference. Now if there werent so many fucking nihilists, we could have already drastically increased the pressure on the industries to pull along for the climate. Even if its not for the actual sense of not making this environment less and less habitable, but just to keep profits high, doesnt matter. It would be important. And by the way, what makes you think that bill gates doesnt care? He seems to be focusing less on doing something against climate change and more on helping poor africans, but still.
2019-11-08 22:36
Elon musk cares tho get ur facts right. Donald Trump is just an idiot... Eu leaders care... For fuck sake get ur facts right
2019-11-08 22:46
not really he cares to going on mars, chaina doesn't give a shit i guess india as well
2019-11-10 22:31
since the dawn of men, fear has been used to control humans. they spread fear, we scared, stay in comfort zones and accept their stupid laws that mostly go against our freedom. the bible,the system everything is based on fear. FEAR NOT cuz THERE's NOTHING TO FEAR.
2019-11-08 20:40
Are you retarded? Do you have education? Can you look around you? Climate change is a thing... if you think otherwise you're problaby retarded
2019-11-08 21:12
lmao nice this "if you think [X] isnt true then u r [INSULT]" is the best argument u can use on the internet
2019-11-08 23:47
no one said climate change isn't a thing. its just a earth thing if earth is overheated she will go into an ice age once again.
2019-11-12 19:05
Trump said its not a thing...
2019-11-12 20:08
no cars
2019-11-08 20:56
I bet they make big money to push that agenda
2019-11-08 21:06
No, it actually costs money. And I wonder why all the powerful established lobbies are working so hard to push fox news and similar outlets to produce anti-propaganda? I wonder why?
 | 
Canada Herodionus 
Scientists used to think the earth is flat People 300 years from now will probably laugh at them
2019-11-08 21:11
Thought canada had good education, but you changed my mind. You haven't looked around you??? In Estonia we just to have like -30C winters but now we only have -10C winters. Also no fucking snow nowadays! Don't you see trash in thrown at the ground at your country??? Imagine thinking that climate change isn't a thing
 | 
Canada Herodionus 
Oh I'm not saying it's not an issue. The 2 main reasons are because China and India rapidly industrialized during the 20th and 21st century leading to massive CO2 emissions. Now that they become industrialized and the industry becomes more efficient and closet to Western style, the emissions will drop dramatically. The biggest amount of CO2 is released when countries are in the stage between being primarily agricultural and being advanced. And as most of the world's countries are exiting that stage it will no longer be an issue. I'm not saying humans don't or havent impacted the climate, but that the rate at which we do it will drop dramatically and we are not in a climate emergency
 | 
Czech Republic seal2145 
ooh dude same used to be so much colder and so much more snow even 30years ago now its normal to have christmas without snow and with 2 celsius instead of -15 wtf :D atleast in cz
2019-11-08 22:55
"scientists believed the earth was flat." that is complete nonsense.
 | 
Canada Herodionus 
Ok
2019-11-08 21:37
 | 
Canada Herodionus 
"From at least the 14th century" My point is people and scholars believed it was flat at one point, which they did
2019-11-09 00:56
But that would've been before the renaissance... and pedaled by religious scholars. Science has never claimed the earth was flat. Eratosthenes.
2019-11-09 01:19
 | 
China SwooksarV2 
Personally won't affect me so I don't really care. If it starts having an impact on my business, then maybe I'll start caring.
lmao peanut brain
 | 
China SwooksarV2 
Yo mean watermelon brain?
2019-11-08 22:23
yes but not a seedless watermelon, the normal kind that no one wants
2019-11-09 01:04
 | 
China SwooksarV2 
Wait, but seeded watermelons are great. I get to grow my own watermelon with the seeds.
2019-11-09 02:12
whats ur business?
2019-11-09 03:01
 | 
China SwooksarV2 
My dad's company involves with international trade. However, the sectors in which we are in, aren't being affected yet. (Keyword yet) so, currently I'm not too concerned or worried.
2019-11-09 03:22
Plant trees all over australia will fix climate change
One of them was named "Mickey mouse" so yeah, go figure.
 | 
Europe MaHoTei 
well no fucking shit, climate change is real iF you say otherwise you are either retardeD or MURICAN
2019-11-08 21:33
 | 
Australia t0rrent 
Who cares we got like a hundred years. Plenty of time
2019-11-08 22:01
 | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina stb1337 
I really dont care
2019-11-08 22:05
i dont car
2019-11-08 22:59
I'm not in the position to judge it as I haven't read the science. My opinion is though, that either way sustainability will be needed and will only bring humanity further in evolution.
2019-11-08 23:14
Scientists cant prove how life was created, and I know my mom made me.
2019-11-08 23:28
 | 
Ukraine sodaH_ 
(((scientists)))
2019-11-08 23:29
1000000 | 
China 0^x^0 
1 million hltv users say theyre wrong
2019-11-08 23:30
Why do deniers cling to the same few points when anyone with half a brain can dismantle them. Madness!
2019-11-08 23:35
 | 
Argentina sebaxinho 
Authority Fallacy. Nice try.
2019-11-08 23:47
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is not an appeal to authority, literally braindead holy fuck. Keep throwing out shit. Actually dropped my laptop.
2019-11-12 19:52
 | 
Argentina sebaxinho 
"Scientists made a claim, hence the claim is automatically true" nice try dumb kiddo, 50 iq.
2019-11-12 21:34
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
LOOK WHAT I FUCKING LINKED IN MY THREAD. "Insisting that a claim is true simply because a valid authority or expert on the issue said it was true, ____without any other supporting evidence offered.____ logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/Logi.. read the exception. nice try grown man, you are the 50iq one.
2019-11-12 23:28
 | 
Argentina sebaxinho 
And they still didn't provide any real evidence of what's causing (if true) any changes. They still couldn't provide one fact regarding anything. Nt kid.
2019-11-12 23:32
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
blocked
2019-11-12 23:34
 | 
Guatemala Pakal_I 
blocked
2019-11-13 08:52
most ppl dont really care about it, just a nice thing to say on our medias and look cool and "smart"
2019-11-08 23:51
all replies written by retards or what
2019-11-08 23:56
 | 
Netherlands JeffreyC 
Yet idgaf
2019-11-09 00:44
climate change is real but listen mens, there is no such thing as the moon. The moon is the real hoax that they are trying to distract us. Wake up
2019-11-09 01:03
It looks like shit if you look at the graphs
2019-11-09 02:39
but.. but mr Trump is saying its not true??
2019-11-09 03:00
My take on this is that there is little that the European countries can do except perhaps change their energy production to something climate-friendly. But otherwise its the big pollution countries such as China, India and the US that need to think more eco-friendly.
2019-11-11 09:19
cadiaN | 
Finland 0lter 
If you want rid of global warming then nuke china india africa and middle east. Africa and middle east just for fun and asia because they polute and they and cows poop on street=methane But everyone say that crazy so no do it their loss, I says. And asia goes on polluting and create global warming and leftists cry about me drinking with disposable straw hahaha it funny is not
2019-11-11 09:25
 | 
India JW_BesTesT 
Nuke china,India, Africa and middle east and start a war and create nuclear winter then our climate will be saved.Though each and every country is at fault in some way
2019-11-12 17:22
cadiaN | 
Finland 0lter 
some more than others
2019-11-12 17:26
maybe steal batteries from every vechile so u cannot start them = no pollution??
2019-11-12 21:40
cadiaN | 
Finland 0lter 
Logistically impossible
2019-11-13 07:30
daily arboga bait thread
2019-11-12 19:45
 | 
Korea ARBOGA 
5 days old but ok
2019-11-12 19:46
that means this one was a good bait
2019-11-12 19:46
you need 1IQ to understand that climate change happens. you need 10IQ to understand that humans have an influence on that. but you need -200IQ to deny it
2019-11-12 23:34
Underrated comment
2019-11-13 08:21
thousands of economists also warn about socialism but u dont care huh?
2019-11-13 07:33
 | 
Guatemala Pakal_I 
lmao n1
2019-11-13 08:51
i heard 15 000
2019-11-13 07:37
its better to burn out than fade away
2019-11-13 08:07
we will be all long dead before climate change really hits so enjoy the extra heat
2019-11-13 08:09
CeRq | 
Bulgaria Ramky 
gas the politicians change the world regime into something like consulship (i got dem plan) there you have it: world is fixed.
2019-11-13 08:19
2019-11-13 08:26
ok greta
2019-11-13 08:31
all we can hope for is that it wipes out the entire human population so the planet can start some new life form
2019-11-13 08:34
 | 
Guatemala Pakal_I 
if we nuke the earth, it won't fully destroy it, and in a few centuries/millennia everything will be back to normal
2019-11-13 08:50
I mean climate change is undeniable, but we can olny do so much. If ordinary people stopped using fossil fuels, some big companies would still emmit enough for it to not matter. In the end, it's the rich killing the poor, and the rich can save themselves with money.
2019-11-13 16:21
 | 
Ukraine ksay 
meh that's less than 1% of all scientists
2019-11-13 17:54
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.