Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Switzerland come here
 | 
Norway Sunset_at_midnight 
Countless people complained about how Swiss people are incredibly rude. Many say they are unhappy and seem to hate everyone. I remember someone saying that Swiss people walk like they hate themselves. Also it is said that they complain about how hard life is. If there are so many people complaining then surely something is going on. Anyone here that travelled to Switzerland or lives there can explain? I have a Swiss friend and he himself admits that Swiss really are generally rude and condescenting. he does not like it. He showed me some accounts and videos of people complaining about just how rude they can be to people and they very often talk shit behind your back. The stories are depressing and I felt really bad for those people facing such prejudices and condescenting people all the time. It got me thinking and asking wtf is up with with people. The rules in Swiss society seem to be very strict and people many times get looked down on. People also say that you must talk VERY quiet in public so people can go on with their silence, and if people not in the conversation hear the talking they get pissed off for being "disturbed", wtf? Anyway, can the Swiss people here on HLTV enlighten me on this and confirm what is true? Some people say some stuff while other people say different stuff and I don't know what to conclude. For a long time I've always had the impression that Swiss people are not really that nice and have closed minds. So, Swiss of HLTV, tell us your experiences with other Swiss people in the country and what you think about Swiss society in general. Let's talk about it.
2019-12-05 21:31
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Switzerland inst3nstar 
Swiss dead on this page im Sorry and my english gramar is to bad to explain xD
2019-12-05 21:45
It is okay, my friend.
2019-12-05 22:24
 | 
Canada aSweetPatato 
Its the mixture of xenophobia (anti-immigrants), conservative populations, and the stereotypes people have of the Swiss. I lived in the rural parts on the border of Germany for about 6 years as a kid and while I didn't notice back then, but looking back now there was a good amount of xenophobia, at least in the town I lived near. Many of them were anti-immigration and believed in this "swiss identity." Bar the notable prejudice, Switzerland also has the issues of many modern wealthy nations, the natural population, in the end, becomes displeased. Overpopulation in the major cities within the country have driven living costs up rapidly and as a result, a good amount of the younger generation will be much more inclined to move than stay. Which has pissed off a lot of people, including some of my family who live there. As for the "strictness" and "close-mindedness", you mentioned, its very true. Swiss people very close-minded, they like to believe what they want to believe. Finally, adding onto my point of "Swiss Identity," from what I've noticed, Swiss people honestly do not like each other (like when an Urban citizen meets a Rural citizen, or when a Swiss-German meets someone from the French side). They just think everyone else or every other country is worse and other the "Swiss" people are the few they can tolerate, which I believe is why they've developed this condescending attitude as the norm. What you said I think is pretty damn accurate of my own opinion and experiences with Swiss people. I've only lived there for a short period in my youth, but from the interactions, I've had with family and friends who still live there, I can say that from my experience it's true to a degree. Still, there is, of course, plenty of kind people who live there that are genuinely wholesome and great people, it's just that it seems their society breeds these toxic mindsets.
2019-12-05 22:11
I've heard that skinheads in train/metro stations constantly stare at immigrants in a condescending way but have no balls to actually do something. I don't know if this is true, but as you actually lived there, do you confirm it?
2019-12-05 22:22
I guess you should specify immigrants from africa or middle east or from normal european countries? probably it makes a difference too
2019-12-05 22:25
Well, basically at anyone that looks foreigner. And it is known that they also really don't get along very well with Germans.
2019-12-05 22:26
 | 
Switzerland inst3nstar 
youtube.com/watch?v=rgBiRpRzjsY funny does he looks like Swiss ;) edit: fuck cant find the original xD He speaks for the Right Party SVP = Swiss People's Party
2019-12-05 22:35
Too bad I don't understand the language...
2019-12-06 18:15
 | 
Canada aSweetPatato 
I lived on a farm and the biggest population center near me was a small town and so I've only visited the larger metro areas as an adult on tourist trips so I can't confirm. But it doesn't have to be skinheads, there are plenty of people who will avoid people of colour and while white immigrants don't nearly get enough shit as someone with dark skin, they still do. In fact, in my experience, Swiss-Germans often look down at people who spoke normal German. For example one time a Swiss man from the town brought home his fiance from Germany and there was a lot of gossip about it. Though because it was in a very conservative and rural area the whole thing about it was exacerbated.
2019-12-05 22:45
Well I guess we can just say that Switzerland is a country with high and low contrast at the same time. They hate Germans because there are a bit too much of them in the country "stealing jobs", right? I guess one of the reasons for the rudeness is that they know Switzerland is between the best countries in the world in almost every aspect. Like stability, high wages, safety, nature, location, big wealth, infrastructure... after all, it ranks #2 in the HDI list for a reason, just behind Norway. Knowing they built such a country surely would make them a bit closed-minded regarding outside people judging the place they came from.
2019-12-06 08:47
Tl;dr Bank nation and nothing more
2019-12-06 09:42
too much work, too expensive stuff, switzerland is as toxic as germany in csgo and stare at random people i feel like a workhorse and suicide rate is a bit high
2019-12-06 09:53
I guess stuff is expensive since Switzerland is a filthy rich tax haven and everybody is pretty wealthy in general. What you said is very sad. I knew the Suicide rate is high and judging by what you said, it sounds kinda like Japan. Switzerland is not that magical, perfect and happy land as people portray it to be, after all. Many people agree with this as I can see. Same applies to the nordic countries.
2019-12-06 13:09
it is kinda japan, too much paperwork for small things and people always think switzerland is cool because most pictures are about the alpes
2019-12-06 16:59
Yeah it is what I always see about the country. Super small towns close to mountains. So everybody thinks it is a paradise. It is also said that Switzerland holds large numbers of child abuse. True?
2019-12-06 18:14
i dont know about that
2019-12-06 19:07
I live in Switzerland and for me people aren't that rude, but for strangers i agree that people look very unpolite and it's just because swiss people are very formal cuz that's how they are educated
2019-12-06 18:25
Riot Squad
INTZ
North
Sprout
Heroic
MAD Lions
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.