Thread has been deleted
Last comment
once a cheater, always a cheater, doesn't deserve unban. And before blind finnish fanboys come saying how he sold the acc and there is proof he didn't get vac. Please, shot the proof, at the moment it's same a DREAM3R, claims he sold the acc, no proof. DREAM3R even took it to valve, and valve confirmed that he got vac himself. There is a reason jamppi isn't contacting valve to clear his name, he is well known enough that valve could look into it, but he isn't for a reason, he knows the actual truth. If someone wants to proove me wrong, sure, go ahead, but "He said he sold account" isn't proof.
2020-02-21 14:15
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
+1 btw nice nickname! I can’t agree more. Cheaters should stay banned.
2020-02-21 14:18
 | 
Finland iBait 
So you want Snax to get banned? You do realize that Taz would have 1 less Majors if Snax's cheating ban had carried over from Source? And that s1mple would never have been the best player in the world? N0thing would never have played for C9?
2020-02-21 14:39
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Unfortunately they are in different versions of CS.
2020-02-21 14:43
 | 
Finland iBait 
"Cheaters should stay banned". Nice logic.
2020-02-21 14:44
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Jamppi and brax are different because they are cheating in GO. I don’t make the rules, this is my opinion that cheaters should stay banned. What is your point?
2020-02-21 14:45
 | 
Finland iBait 
My point is that you're a pathetic cunt with double standards. If cheating is so bad that it deserves a life time ban, why should Snax not be banned? Please explain that to me.
2020-02-21 14:47
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I never said snax should be free either. Unfortunately, I have no say in who gets banned, but if it was up to me they all would be. No matter which version of the game. I don’t understand how I’m a cunt with double standards.
2020-02-21 14:50
 | 
Finland iBait 
Oh, well then you're just a cunt. None of the players I mentioned have cheated since and instead have done a lot of good for their scenes. Your boy Taz would not have won a single Major in CSGO if Valve followed your backwards logic.
2020-02-21 14:52
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
It wouldn’t change him having 6 1.6 majors, which is why he is a legend mainly. Of course they wouldn’t cheat AFTER the ban is lifted. That would be dumb. Cheating in the first place is the crime, and ruins the experience for opponents. I say those cheaters make the entire scene worse, no matter what they bring for their scene.
2020-02-21 15:01
 | 
Lithuania arres 
you are simmilar to these extreme anti gay pastors who snort cocaine from male hooker's ass behind the closed doors after the sermons. You probably are a cheater and this irrational bs you are spouting here is your coping mechanism. I can't think of any reason why cheating while being a dumb 14 year old kid (or how old was jampi) is enough to get you banned from pro cs. That's just dumb on so many different levels.
2020-02-21 22:41
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
If you made the same case for EVERYBODY who was banned for cheating a while ago, I wouldn’t say you are biased. However, there is OBVIOUS bias because Jamppi is a pro player. Nice try, cheating is cheating. It is a good thing valve aren’t a lenient as ESL. Another HLTV user who resorts to petty insults instead of having s rational conversation to get the point across. What a shame.
2020-02-22 01:47
 | 
Lithuania arres 
Biased lol. Who's everybody? You mean guys like me and you or pro players like kqly?
2020-02-22 09:57
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I am calling guys like me and you who say Jamppi should be unbanned are biased because he is a pro. If they made the same case for every cheater in history to be unbanned, no matter how “badly” and long ago they cheated, it wouldn’t be biased. Fortunately my opinion is rock solid because Valve support it, and it’s their game. Edit - my opinion of him being banned, not these guys being biased.
2020-02-22 10:00
 | 
Lithuania arres 
Dude, call that biased if you want, but label isn't an argument by itself. I do not like to argue about semantics and definitions and go around slapping labels to others. I'm not here to discuss about some retarded cheaters that you encouter on a daily bases in mm. They are not impacted by the bans in any way because they can create a new account once they get banned, buy Prime for 15$ and they are good to go. What is there to discuss about? About jammpi. Do you know that the ban was issued when he was 12? Do you know that in some countries (probably most of the developed ones) you can murder a person being 12 year old and nothing will happen to you? Don't you think that lifetime ban from majors for what you did when you were a dumb child is a bit unproportional punishment?
2020-02-22 11:21
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Look comparing murder to cheating is completely disproportionate. Cheating doesn’t take NEARLY as much judgement as murder. Valve have rules, they own the majors, so it is up to them. I agree with their ruling because the rules are clear. This isn’t a grey area.
2020-02-22 11:29
 | 
Lithuania arres 
I'm puzzled. Did schools stopped teaching children what analogy is or what? Ok, go back to your black and white world, I don't want to waste time on explaining you basic shit, I'd rather go punch a brick wall for a while, that would be more fulfilling. You can't even figure out why this murder while being 12 y/o example is relevant in this discussion. And I know that's valve rules and it's their game. Thank you for noting that.
2020-02-22 11:42
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
You obviously have just realised your argument is backed by absolutely nothing while mine is backed by Jamppi getting a ban. Find evidence to support your case mate, instead of figuring out you are wrong, getting upset and insulting me. Everybody knows, no matter if you are 12 or 30, cheating AND murder is wrong so that is irrelevant too LUL.
2020-02-22 11:44
 | 
Lithuania arres 
ok so why murder is punished a lot harsher when you do it being 30 y/o vs being a 12 y/o?
2020-02-22 11:48
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Because there are laws that dictate that. This is the only reason why. If valve had different rules Jamppi would be able to play majors but the reality is he can’t because of rules set in place or everybody.
2020-02-22 11:50
 | 
Lithuania arres 
lol wtf. I know the rules! Are you a walking rule book? Nobody needs that. We can read the rules ourselves. I just say the rule is dumb and should be changed since in some circumstances it does more damage than good. And your response is "well that's the rules, deal with it". Nobody is arguing that jammpi is banned not according to rules - people are saying it's dumb to apply the same rule in this situation. How are you not getting that???
2020-02-22 11:59
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
How is it dumb to apply the same rules? I agree he is a special case but it’s not as if valve will change rules or unban Jamppi. Everybody has to follow the same rules, so you apply the same rules.
2020-02-22 12:01
 | 
Lithuania arres 
It is dumb in exactly the same way as if a punishment for murder would be applied the same way for a 30 y/o and 12 y/o.
2020-02-22 12:07
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Idk about Europe, but in Australia people are criminally liable at the age of 10. People grow up all their life knowing murder is wrong, and playing their whole life knowing cheating is wrong. At 12 Jamppi should have good enough grasp of the rules.
2020-02-22 12:11
 | 
Finland Kakezz 
Brax wasn’t cheating
2020-02-21 15:40
Brax didn't get a cheating ban. Get your shit right before adding unqualified bla bla to the mix.
2020-02-21 16:43
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Match fixing is cheating the system. Don’t jump into an argument without a relevant point. This isn’t about brax, who should still be banned.
2020-02-21 16:44
Can't compare the unequal. Is matchfixing wrong? Yes. Is it cheating in terms of gaining an unfair advantage over the opponent using software? No.
2020-02-21 16:48
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
We actually moved away from anything to do with brax hours ago. He was an example of a pro that got unbanned, not necessarily using hacks. You should follow the conversation train down a it further to grasp the argument.
2020-02-21 16:49
Aleksib | 
Europe lalt 
brax is still banned.
2020-02-21 20:33
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
He got unbanned in 2017?
2020-02-22 01:48
 | 
Argentina n1ss 
Unbanned from ESL. Not majors.
2020-02-22 08:32
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Ok great. The conversation has moved much past brax now, but thanks for letting me know.
2020-02-22 09:44
 | 
Argentina n1ss 
you fucking asked mad aussie.
2020-02-22 23:21
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
P1mple cheated on csgo my men, but on ESL event, that's why he can play major and ESL (ban expired).
2020-02-21 15:32
he should be banned too
2020-02-21 15:42
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I am aware of this. I said he should be banned as well, but I don’t make rules.
2020-02-21 16:06
 | 
Finland fromtheair 
I guess then launch cs go, 2015 and today's cs go count as different versions.
2020-02-21 18:31
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
No they don’t. It is still global offensive. This is different to comparing bans in source and 1.6 because they are different titles. 2015 global offensive is the same title.
2020-02-22 01:50
how does snax getting banned help jamppi? also the rules have always been that CSGO is treated as a separate game.
2020-02-21 15:30
 | 
Finland iBait 
Maybe read the comment chain again? I'm questioning the Aussie Taz fans logic, not making a case for Snax to get banned.
2020-02-21 15:56
> fans logic aren't you the jamppi fan here? and there is no logic in your argument. CSGO has always been treated as a different game and this aussie never said that he is okay with pro cheating in older games.
2020-02-21 16:05
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I mentioned this to iBait earlier. I don’t understand him.
2020-02-21 16:08
 | 
Finland iBait 
How hard is it to understand that "banning all cheaters forever" would do a lot more bad than good? I was just asking him if he was consistent with his stance. Wanting s1mple to get banned is fucking stupid.
2020-02-21 16:17
lol, why? again, if anything you seem to be the person using "fan logic" here. personally I wouldn't give a shit if they never allowed s1mple to play CSGO. he was a cheater and scammer, he even admitted it. it's not like we don't have enough people that want to be pros and they are all millionaires now. s1mple is bad for the scene as it shows that you can get away with being a shitty person. it's mainly fanboys that defend their favorite pros. your flag checks out too...
2020-02-21 16:23
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
+1 I can’t believe how lenient ESL rules are. How TF did s1mple get unbanned. Absolutely trash compared to valve.
2020-02-21 16:30
 | 
Finland iBait 
I've never said anyone was using "fan logic" like you keep quoting. That alone tells me you're a fucking idiot and the fact that you think cheating in a matchmaking game is as bad as cheating in a Major final only confirms it. Have a good day and please gtfo with your garbage takes.
2020-02-21 16:35
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
This is the bias I am talking about. People don’t care about others who got banned in MM even if that was years ago. They care about Jamppi because he is a pro.
2020-02-21 16:48
 | 
Finland iBait 
Who are you to say what I care about?
2020-02-21 18:04
#140 ISSAA | Finland iBait Maybe read the comment chain again? I'm questioning the Aussie Taz fans logic, not making a case for Snax to get banned. 2020-02-21 15:56 > I'm questioning the Aussie Taz fans logic that was a hour ago lol? do you have dementia or something? also I never said that cheating in MM and the major final are the same. you are literally just making shit up because you are mad lol
2020-02-21 16:52
 | 
Finland iBait 
The person I was replying to was an Australian that was also a fan of Taz and I was questioning that users logic when it comes to bans. It takes some mental gymnastics to make that in to "fan logic". If you don't think they're the same, why the fuck do you want Jamppi to stay banned?
2020-02-21 17:14
I guess that kind of makes sense but I still don't understand why you pointed out that he is a fan of taz but okay. also jamppi should remain banned because cheating is an issue and there is no practical solution to his case. if you unban him then you have to unban everyone else, so basically teenagers can just cheat and it has no consequences. also why would valve waste resources/money on former cheaters by creating some kind of unbanning system? there is a very long list of better / more important thing they should focus on first.
2020-02-21 17:20
 | 
Finland iBait 
Gee I wonder why I pointed out he was a Taz fan when his entire name is about Taz. "Valve shouldn't waste resources" is not a good enough reason. They have more money than either of us could spend in a lifetime. And yes, they should unban everyone else that has been banned when they were very young and have already been banned for over 5 years. All of those people have grown up and either not interested in cheating or have already cheated again on an alternative, free, account.
2020-02-21 18:03
> They have more money than either of us could spend in a lifetime. clearly you don't know how companies work. "they have more money" wtf is this shit even > they should unban everyone else that has been banned when they were very young and have already been banned for over 5 years. imagine thinking this is even remotely realistic. this would be bizarrely expensive to check. and all this just so shitty jamppi can play? that's the dumbest idea ever. imagine actually proposing your idea unironically to valve employees, they would probably laugh so hard (or just feel sorry)
2020-02-21 18:07
 | 
Finland iBait 
Lmfao. I get that you will say anything to try to prove me wrong but don't ever come at me with something as stupid as "Valve doesn't have money to hire 5 people to look over unban applications".
2020-02-21 18:09
do you really think this is how companies work? seriously, how old are you??? companies don't "have money" that they just randomly spend. their goal is to make a profit. hiring more people increases cost and hence reduces their profit. how exactly is anything you want going to increase their profit? also you are delusional if you think 5 employees are enough. more like 500 people, reviewing bans and people's history is ridiculously time intensive. also never mind all the data protection issue. like how are they going to know how old someone is? everyone would have to upload their passports and then valve have to use some video chat to verify everyone individually. all that for fucking jamppi? next level delusion and for reference, mappers get like 50k when their maps are added to the game but valve should spend at the very least hundred of thousand (rather millions) on a bunch of cheater kids. why? because it's your favorite streamer?
2020-02-21 18:19
 | 
Finland iBait 
You're an idiot. What you're describing is some nighmarish view of where capitalism could ultimately take the world. If thats what your daily life is like I can only offer my condolences that you happened to be born in Switzerland. Why do you think Valve updates the game? Why do you think they even have a anticheat? Why do you think they employ tech support people? Why do yoy think they give 2 million to Majors every year? None of that makes them money, it's all for publicity and to keep customers happy. It wouldn't require "500 employees" (lmao), it would require a system that automatically unbans everyone who's VAC ban is older than 5 - 8 years and a few underpaid students that look through ID's of kids who want their 3 years old VAC ban removes due to their young age. When ot comes to crimes, underage people are treated differently than adults. Why should that not be the case for game bans?
2020-02-21 18:38
lol what I wrote is literally how every company works. seriously, how old are you? > None of that makes them money yes, that's why they try to keep the cost for it as low as possible. updates and anti cheat do affect revenue, your idea doesn't. > and a few underpaid students you never had a real job in your life, right? like I can tell you never worked a large company. > When ot comes to crimes, underage people are treated differently than adults. Why should that not be the case for game bans? and the ultra low IQ argument at the end. nice. valve is private company, not a government. and the major a marketing events. they have no obligation to use a former cheater to promote their game.
2020-02-21 18:45
 | 
Finland iBait 
It's so painful to make a well detailed comment explaining why I'm right only for you to completely miss the point and also confuse paragraphs with each other. Developing an anticheat brings Valve ZERO profit. Absolutely zero. The reason they do it is because it keeps the players happy. If thats too hard of an concept for you to understand I'm going to hazard a guess you're either mentally challenged or a minor. If you know for a fact that you're not the latter, then I strongly suggest you to seek professional help, if such is even available in Switzerland where capitalism has apparently destroyed all remnants of ethics and humanity.
2020-02-21 18:51
> Developing an anticheat brings Valve ZERO profit. Absolutely zero. wrong, it increases revenue because people wouldn't play the game and buy skins if it was full of cheaters. jamppi is a former cheater and spending money so that he can play the game again create almost only costs. > you're either mentally challenged or a minor. If you know for a fact that you're not the latter, then I strongly suggest you to seek professional help, if such is even available in Switzerland where capitalism has apparently destroyed all remnants of ethics and humanity. yeah, you are clearly a teenager and never had a real job. swiss companies are no different than finnish companies and valve is american, so how is that even relevant. do you really think finnish companies are charties? looool
2020-02-21 19:23
 | 
Finland iBait 
Do you really think this is just about Jamppi?
2020-02-22 11:37
it's about a tiny amount of players
2020-02-22 12:07
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
According to pro orgs it wouldn’t. They always “say” how committed they are to eradicating cheaters and they run the pro scene. Of course the game would be better,
2020-02-21 16:29
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I still don’t get your argument about this.
2020-02-21 16:07
 | 
Finland iBait 
My argument is that punishing a 12 year old who cheated in a matchmaking game the same way you would punish an adult that cheated in a Major final is fucking stupid. My other argument is that every single pro that was forgiven for their cheating ended up never cheating again and only benefiting the game.
2020-02-21 16:21
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
So you are saying Jamppi should be treated differently because he is a pro? They weren’t forgiven, they switched games. 1.6, source and GO are treated as different things entirely so bans and cheating in one doesn’t affect other according to rules. Doesn’t mean they stopped cheating LUL.
2020-02-21 16:23
 | 
Finland iBait 
Well no shit. I'm not asking you why they're not banned, I'm asking you if you seriously think s1mple should be banned from all Majors because he cheated ~5 years ago? Jamppi should not be treared differently just because he's a pro and I've never said that. For a native speaker your reading comprehension is piss poor.
2020-02-21 16:31
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I have been clear and consistent with my point all night. I believe all people, not just pros or casuals, should be permanently banned for cheating. No matter who they are. Every org tries to make a better experience for everybody, this includes getting rid of cheaters. If somebody can conclusively prove to me all these guys who were banned don’t cheat then I will change my mind. However, there is no evidence they stopped cheating so I stand by my point. Entire tournaments are probably decided by cheaters, which ruins everything. Edit - why should jamppi be unbanned for VAC if people don’t make the same case for every other convicted cheater? Lots of them hacked ages ago too. This is clearly biased for him being a pro. NT. You didn’t need to say it for me to tell.
2020-02-21 16:37
 | 
Finland iBait 
Hahahah I should have realizes you were one of those nutjobs that think all pro's cheat. Have fun living in your fantasy world where s1mple, Snax and n0thing use cheats. All of those players have been to dozens of LANs so I guess you think it's some grand conspiracy that involves tournament admins covering up every cheaters tracks.
2020-02-21 16:40
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I should have realised you were one of those HLTV users who results to petty insults when his opinion is challenged and can’t come up with a real case to support it. Have fun living in your biased world where Jamppi is innocent. Clearly Snax, s1mple and n0thing have engaged in types of cheating before so jokes on you. They did get banned. Only unbanned now because rules are lenient.
2020-02-21 16:42
 | 
Finland iBait 
You're thick and not in a good way. Do yourself a favor a re-read my comments, it seems like you missed the fucking point.
2020-02-21 17:16
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Your points from #160 are: >punishing a kid cheating in mm the same way a pro gets punished for cheating in Major is stupid. Valve have the same rules for both cases. If people don’t want to get banned, don’t cheat at all. It’s that simple. Valve has multiple messages in game saying cheating will result in a permanent ban. Your other point is: >every pro who was forgiven for their cheating didn’t cheat efter the ban was lifted and did good for their scene They weren’t forgiven for their cheating at all. You can’t prove that. The majority of their bans expired because it is ESL ban (different rules to VAC, not forgiven LUL), or cheated in different CS game so it doesn’t carry over, luckily. You have no proof “every single one” of the pros who got unbanned stopped cheating. There is not evidence to support that. Why do you keep resorting to insults? I would see your POV clearer if it wasn’t clouded by emotion.
2020-02-22 02:02
 | 
Finland iBait 
Look, like I said I'm not asking you if Valve permabans everyone that cheats, I'm asking you why you think they should permaban everyone that cheats. Sorry if I offended you but I'm just getting really frustrated with all of these people not giving a fuck about being humane just because the issue doesn't impact them personally.
2020-02-22 08:04
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I think they should be permabanned because it affects everybody who plays the game legit personally. It makes the community worse.
2020-02-22 08:30
 | 
Finland iBait 
How? If someone just wanted to cheat in CSGO but had a VACed account, they would just create another free account. It doesn't deter cheaters and instead causes harm to legit players who made a mistake and learned from it.
2020-02-22 08:39
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
That may be so, but your idea of having VAC bans expire allow them to get their account back which would be worse than the current system. At least they have to go through the effort of making a new account. There is nothing that will stop this ever.
2020-02-22 09:43
 | 
Finland iBait 
I wouldn't call waiting for 5 years to get your account unbanned to be easier than just creating another account for free.
2020-02-22 09:50
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I’m not calling it easier or harder. I’m simply stating this idea, and nothing else, can stop cheaters. So no point having bans expire.
2020-02-22 09:55
 | 
Finland iBait 
M8, the point is to be reasonable and not ruin the careers of kids who made one mistake 5 years ago.
2020-02-22 10:10
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Unfortunately Valve determines what is reasonable in this situation.
2020-02-22 10:25
 | 
Finland iBait 
How fucking hard is it to understand I want all VAC bans to expire after X amount of years??
2020-02-21 16:41
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Wow, that is the kind of attitude that will destroy CSGO community. What is the point of banning cheaters if they are released back into the game. There is legit no point of an AC. Nice logic.
2020-02-21 16:51
 | 
Finland iBait 
Because everyone that gets banned will be just as interested in cheating 5 YEARS after they got banned? Lol what?
2020-02-21 17:15
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
You do realise everybody who gets banned just makes a new account and hacks on that? Of course they are still interested. Furthermore, there is no proof Jamppi is legit today.
2020-02-22 01:54
there is no proof jamppi ever cheated you are a huge faggot
2020-02-22 01:58
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I disagree because he got VAC banned. These bans can and have been removed by presenting evidence you never cheated, but Jamppi obviously cheated because it hasn’t been removed. Furthermore, there is no evidence Jamppi stopped cheating. Prove he never cheated.
2020-02-22 02:04
 | 
Finland iBait 
So your logic is that everyone is guilty untill proven innocent? I thought Australia having everything upside down was just a meme.
2020-02-22 08:06
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
No I do not think that because bans don’t work that way. If they are banned, they are ALREADY proven guilty. That is what a ban is.
2020-02-22 08:29
 | 
Finland iBait 
They are proven quilty of cheating in a single match. There is absolutely no evidence that Jamppi (or VSM for that matter) would have used a cheating software after his initial ban years ago.
2020-02-22 08:42
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
That may be so, but they are proven guilty of cheating in their life. This is the rules and you can’t argue with them. Even if an org like ESL catches them cheating in “only one match” they will still be banned. Doesn’t matter if they do it once or forever, they are cheaters.
2020-02-22 09:42
 | 
Finland iBait 
Shoplift once when you're 10 = You're a thief for ever. Seems reasonable.
2020-02-22 09:52
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
That isn’t the logic I’m using because Valve rules are different to country laws. It’s not as if Valve keeps their rules secret, you can’t play with a VAC account in history. If you could, he wouldn’t be banned.
2020-02-22 09:57
 | 
Finland iBait 
Once again, I'm not asking how their system works, I'm asking why it should work that way as I see no reason for it to be so cut and dey. Are you really suggesting that cheating in a matchmaking crime is somehow more serious than shoplifting?
2020-02-22 10:12
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Of course not. You brought up shoplifting not me, and I even said the rules are completely different to real laws LUL. It should work this way because it is the way Valve has determined works best. In the end, it is their decision only. If they changed the system I would support it, but it doesn’t need to be fixed.
2020-02-22 10:27
 | 
Finland iBait 
>Once again, I'm not asking how their system works, I'm asking why it should work that way
2020-02-22 11:24
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
I just answered why. I literally stated “it should work that way because....”. In my opinion, what valve decide is best because it is their game and nobody else’s opinions matter in the end.
2020-02-22 11:27
 | 
Finland iBait 
?????? "It should work this way because it should work this way" doesn't answer the question. It doesn't matter that it's all up to Valve. They're not the some all seeing force that knows objectively whats best for the ecosystem. Quite frankly I haven't seen a single argument against expiring VAC bans that would have made sense.
2020-02-22 11:35
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
What about the convicted pro GO cheaters like forsaken? What would be benefited by bringing people like him back? Edit - if you are going to quote someone don’t change what they said. I stated I believe it should work like this because valve makes the rules and they decided it. Not “it should work this way because it should work this way”.
2020-02-22 11:40
 | 
Finland iBait 
Forsaken's case is NOTHING like Jamppi's. Forsaken cheated for monetary gain in a tournament while Jamppi cheated in matchmaking. I'm not arguing for all cheaters to get unbanned just like that. Making VAC bans expire after 5 or so years would mean that people who actually care about getting good could to that without a childhood mistake costing them an entire career.
2020-02-22 11:41
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Okay I see your point, so instead of deleting career it just hurts it a lot? Edit - unfortunately Jamppi is a special case so it’s not as if valve will change the whole rules just for him.
2020-02-22 11:48
 | 
Finland iBait 
Yep, thats where I'm getting at. You're right that nothing will probably change, but I hope that the community pressure at least makes Valve reconsider their stance.
2020-02-22 11:55
S1mple and Snax have gotten ESL bans for cheating, now im not saying they were but im saying that they have still gotten banned for it so they should be banned to by ur logic?
2020-02-21 18:11
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Valve makes the same case for cheaters. That is why VAC bans don’t expire. If they got banned by VAC, not ESL, they would still be banned for cheating. Valve is on my side with this, cheaters are cheaters no matter how long ago. There is no proof Jamppi isn’t cheating currently as well.
2020-02-22 01:53
hi momaq
2020-02-21 14:23
perhaps valve should investigate
2020-02-21 14:24
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
why tf is it their responsibility
2020-02-21 14:42
yes it kinda is
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
what makes you say that
cuz they banned him lol? who else can even investigate anything
2020-02-21 15:18
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
why does it matter to valve though? they banned him because his account had a vac ban. the fact he's not allowed to play deters kids from cheating, and that matters to valve just a little more. if he wasn't actually cheating it's on him to prove that
2020-02-21 15:23
Kinda hard to prove tho eh, but yeah i guess, still gona hold on to my opinion if youre below a certain age and dont cheat/throw games in pro matches u should get like a 3-5 year ban ;p that goes for every pro who currently cant play cuz they cheated when they were in their early teens
2020-02-21 15:25
banning a 12 year old for 3 years is the same as bans having no consequences. not like there are 12 year old playing the major.
2020-02-21 15:39
make it 5 then, then he cant play at majors until his 18
2020-02-21 15:40
that's still almost no consequences. should be something like 21. bans only become relevant from like 16 on, so 5 years ban = 21. anyway, won't happen as valve has no interest in creating some complicated and expensive "second chance for cheaters" system
2020-02-21 15:43
hmm true, below 16 year olds should be spared imo, unless they ofc decided to cheat in a pro match. Cheating in pro matches should be way harsher since its much more sinister imo.
2020-02-21 15:44
lol, no, you are misunderstanding me. I am saying if you e.g. cheated with 13 you should be unbanned with 21. only "potential pro years" should matter, so like 16+. cheating is unacceptable, so the punishment should be "it really hurts your career"
2020-02-21 15:48
oo got ya. Well sure that would work.
2020-02-21 15:49
keep in mind in 2013 there was hardly a "pro scene", pros were making shit money and the whole thing was new, i think even young kids today know more, before kids wouldnt care less, i mean i think kids will still cheat cuz i dont think the "one in a million shot of you becoming pro might get hurt by this" will stop them
2020-02-21 15:41
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
yeah that's a fair stance to take. i don't really know what i think about it. i do think though that valve have the right to value the integrity of their game over the players who have cheated in the past
2020-02-21 17:04
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Because they banned him LUL
2020-02-21 14:46
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
and? valve aren't the ones that want him in prof play. they have no reason to waste their time. if he wants to clear his name, he can
2020-02-21 15:00
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Why would they want him in professional play if they banned him? Isn’t the reason for banning because they DON’T want him?
2020-02-21 15:03
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
they don't? pretty sure i didn't say that. ultimately valve don't care because why should they. they just want to deter dumb kids from cheating. if he wasn't cheating, he can prove that himself.
2020-02-21 15:07
 | 
Australia forsaken_exe 
Oh sorry I misread #79. Yeah of course he has to prove himself innocent, I think I misunderstood earlier.
2020-02-21 15:08
not really waste of time, jamppi has superstar potential, shame to see it wasted because some under-age shit
2020-02-21 15:28
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
what do valve gain?
2020-02-21 16:58
positive PR at least why so selfish, everything about gain
2020-02-21 17:03
mezii | 
United Kingdom salad! 
capitalism
2020-02-21 17:05
#dumppi
2020-02-21 14:26
how old was he when he cheated? was he 12 years old and cheated in an mm game and thats it? or did he cheat during offical matches?
2020-02-21 14:28
he was 12 or 13, i believe it was MM, it was in 2013 tho... so whatever "mm" was available at the time :D i guess my flag makes my opinion irrelevant but i believe if ur that young and cheat in like MM u should get like a 3-5 year ban or something, and if u cheat in pro games u should get a perma. Also throwing matches, those things to me are more bad because theyre intentionally trying to ruin the pro scene in some way, like throwing matches/cheating in pro games, meaning they know what theyre doing, while a kid in mm doesnt give 2 shits :D
2020-02-21 15:21
zonic | 
Denmark Kvi1st 
So #freejamppinotswag?
2020-02-21 16:00
 | 
World ChiperoG 
He was like 12/13 years old and had no idea that he could ever make it to the pro level. Do you really think a 12-13 year old deserve life time in jail for commiting a crime? Of course not so why should Jampii be held to the same standard?
2020-02-21 14:29
In the eSports world, cheating is probably the worst crime you can commit So yes I'd put a 12 year old in jail for going on a killing spree irl
2020-02-21 14:34
 | 
World ChiperoG 
If you really think cheating is even remotely comparable to going on a killing spree i do not want to talk to you.
2020-02-21 14:35
Cheating is one of the worst crimes in eSports A killing spree is one of the worst crimes in real life It's a comparison, dumbass
 | 
World ChiperoG 
What i am saying is that the comparison suckass. I also think you are quite stupid not to realize that yourself :). Enjoy your mediocre life man.
2020-02-21 14:40
Explain how the comparison sucks ass then. Oh you can't? That's fine, then. "Do you really think a 12-13 year old deserve life time in jail for commiting a crime?" If a 12 year old commits a horrible crime, yes. And since cheating is the in-game equivalent of a horrible crime, he should still be punished, regardless of his age. The foundation of all your logic sucks ass.
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Because I think there is quite a big comparision to litterly murdering people and ending there lives and to cheating in CSGO. In one of the examples people do not get hurt they most likely just get mildly annoyed. In the other example you litterly end peoples entire existence. Why do i even have to explain this to you? How are you this stupid not to understand the difference yourself?
Dude, are you fucking stupid? When did I say that murdering someone is just as bad as cheating in a video game? And you have the fucking nerve to say I don't understand? Learn to read, please!
2020-02-21 14:48
 | 
World ChiperoG 
You litterly compared the two acting like it was a similair situation? Are you really this dense?
"since cheating is the in-game equivalent of a horrible crime" IN GAME EQUIVALENT! IN GAME EQUIVALENT! NOT A HORRIBLE CRIME! THE IN GAME EQUIVALENT OF ONE! ARE YOU REALLY THIS DENSE?
2020-02-21 14:54
 | 
World ChiperoG 
I understand what you mean dude, I am not stupid. I still think the comparison is ridiculous. You asked me why I think the comparison was bad I answered my reasoning, what is it I do not understand? Just because I disagree with you does not make me dense.
2020-02-21 14:57
You did not answer with your reasoning though. You misunderstood completely. This reply - "If you really think cheating is even remotely comparable to going on a killing spree i do not want to talk to you." - proves that. Stop trying to hide it.
 | 
World ChiperoG 
That was my second respone and not a answer to your question as you had not given me a question to answer at that point. Just because you can not comprehend my answer does not mean I have not answered your question, it just means you are to dumb to realize it.
2020-02-21 15:02
Your "answer" was literally more proof that you didn't understand what I wrote. "Because I think there is quite a big comparision to litterly murdering people and ending there lives and to cheating in CSGO. In one of the examples people do not get hurt they most likely just get mildly annoyed. In the other example you litterly end peoples entire existence." But again, I never said the two actions were similar in severity. And "You litterly compared the two acting like it was a similair situation?" I have a tip for you. If you fuck up, admit it, or at least don't try and hide it. Because when you do try and hide it, you just look like a tool.
2020-02-21 15:09
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Projecting peter over here.
2020-02-21 15:10
What does that even mean lmao You're malding so hard right now loool
2020-02-21 15:11
 | 
World ChiperoG 
You do not know what projecting means? That just confirmed my already strong suspicion about your low intellect. I am not mad at all, a bit sad maybe because this site has so many morons.
2020-02-21 15:13
I know what it actually means, I'm just not actually doing it! So what does that even mean, in this context? You got rekt, just stop being a bitch and accept it!
2020-02-21 15:16
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Dude there is litterly no point in arguing with you. You are to dumb to comprehend my points and just keep shouting your opinion like it is facts. You will never learn anything either since you are so arrogant. Have a nice day dude and please read something, you might learn something.
2020-02-21 15:18
HAHAHHA M A L D I N G
2020-02-21 15:21
 | 
World ChiperoG 
I am not even mad dude. Keep trolling on the internet, since you are useless irl and will always continue to be so.
YOU THINK ANYONE BELIEVES THAT YOU ARE NOT MAD XDDD
2020-02-21 15:26
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Idc what anyone else thinks as my opinion about myself is not based on the validation of others, can you say as much yourself? It just feels like I am arguing again a child and your "xDDD" kind of confirms it.
NO, BUT YOUR OPINION OF YOURSELF IS DELUSIONAL BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU'RE MAD AS FUCK LMAOOO
 | 
World ChiperoG 
I am the one that is mad even tho you are the one typing in all caps? This is why i called you a projecting peter, because you are obviously projecting.
2020-02-21 15:32
CAPS = MAD? I DON'T THINK SO SILLY LELELELEL
2020-02-21 17:03
 | 
Finland iBait 
Cheating in a fucking MM game. How pathetic do you have to be if that feels comparable to a killing spree?
2020-02-21 14:41
Name checks out
 | 
Finland iBait 
Flag checks out.
Likewise
2020-02-21 14:55
i think it should only happen if u try and cheat in a pro game or throw a match etc, alot of the current pros have cheated, yes it was in other games but does that even matter when people use the "once a cheater always a cheater" logic. Which btw would mean that me moving a piece on the chessboard when my dad wasnt looking at the age of 7 means im forever a cheater.
u are probably baiting but should we also compare getting a red card in football to going on a killing spree irl?
2020-02-21 17:34
No, because this comparison would not work with football, because in football you COULD kill someone anyway, which translates to a real-life crime. Also, you are comparing a red card to murder, a punishment to an action, whereas I compared an action to an action. It's very hard to commit a real life crime when playing video games, which is why I created this comparison. So when ChiperoG says "Do you really think a 12-13 year old deserve life time in jail for commiting a crime?", that kid DOES deserve life in jail if he does something really terrible in real life. But Jampii did something really terrible in the gaming world, so he deserves a comparable punishment in the gaming world. For example: if a mass murder gets put in jail for life, a cheater gets banned for life. It's that simple. Age is irrelevant.
2020-02-21 18:23
Lol. Only low skill wannabe pros want to ban people for cheating on some casual games while 10 years old :D Messi was on growth hormones when he was a kid and he still plays.
2020-02-21 14:37
Only low skill wannabe pros cheat.
Lol. So if you went and checked all pros past accounts in all cs games no cheats found?
No?
 | 
Finland iBait 
S1mple, Snax, n0thing etc...
What?
 | 
Finland iBait 
They all have cheated in the past.
Read #19 and #35 Did I deny that some current pros have cheated in the past?
Read 35. Thats what you said.
2020-02-21 16:09
Yes, it is? I denied the idea that if I went and checked all pros past accounts in all CS games I wouldn't find any cheats iBait didn't seem to understand that What's your point?
2020-02-21 17:06
That you are a retard?
2020-02-21 17:30
Because?
2020-02-21 18:16
Because of how you act?
2020-02-21 18:26
What on earth are you talking about lmao Did you also pull an iBait and not read properly?
2020-02-21 19:12
Did your mom get fisted by a rattlesnake before you were born or why are you so toxic?
2020-02-21 19:15
Hey, you called me a retard. I haven't insulted you once! How am I toxic?
2020-02-21 19:17
Well?
2020-02-21 19:46
Well?
 | 
Finland iBait 
Lul get a life
Mad cuz can't read xdxd
2020-02-21 17:04
Well, that's his own fault, nobody else is to blame for it. CSGO is valves private platform, they can ban whoever they want, they don't have to unban anyone, not unbanning people is setting a example for cheaters and throwers.
 | 
World ChiperoG 
When he cheated the rules for cheaters was not yet established. I also think that anyone that thinks a 12 yo kid deserves a life time ban for cheating when he did not have a clue that he could even become a pro in the first place is quite judgemental in my opinion. Like do you really hold yourself to the immense standard you hold others to?
Oh, so if he got banned say 4-5 years ago, also kqly, sf, emilio should be unbanned, because they got vacced 5 years ago aswell.
 | 
World ChiperoG 
6 years ago ish*
2020-02-21 14:49
Well, the people I mentioned, got vacced on 2014 aswell, so around 5-6 year mark
2020-02-21 14:53
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Okay well my point was mainly that I do not think a lifetime ban is justified, considering the situation.
 | 
Finland iBait 
No shit Sherlock, but there's this concept called ethics. Sure, Valve could ban ZyWoo tomorrow and they'd have the right to do it.
You think it is ethical to unban a person who has used external software to gain unfair advantage over other players?
2020-02-21 14:47
 | 
Finland iBait 
When they were 12 and in a matchmaking game. Go ahead and read an article on why kids aren't prosecuted to the same standard as adults.
Stop trying to make age a factor, rules are rules, rules are set, the same rules for everyone. If he says he sold the acc(which is against steams TOS), then take it up with valve, try to proove his innocence, but currently the ban is there.
 | 
Finland iBait 
You're actually 80 IQ. Age matters just as much as it matters in real world law, and for a good fucking reason.
How dense are you, csgo is a private platform, they have rules that are the same for everyone, the rules don't change if you're young, if you're black, if you're retarded(I guess that's why you want rules to change). If you want to make age a valid point, take it to court, but that won't happen.
2020-02-21 15:03
+1. Plus the rule has to be consistent, unbanning anyone would be a mistake. (unless proof)
gAndhi | 
Turkey sedo7 
/proof he is cheater /closed
 | 
Armenia TiBoN29 
 | 
Iceland BuioCS 
the "once a cheater always a cheater" thing is so dumb, people change over 6 years, especially someone who is 18 years old
2020-02-21 14:38
 | 
World ChiperoG 
Agreed but people here are so damn judgemental and stupid tbh. I do not know if majority of hltv users are brainlets or if I just had the pleasure with dealing with the bad ones.
who fucking cares, he is average player, like allu, he's not even close to top 1, just forget about him
 | 
Finland iBait 
He's 17, you dipshit.
#28 p.s. zywoo was 18 on his way to top 1 :))) so only one dipshit here is you
 | 
Finland iBait 
Who said Jamppi was ever going to be the best player in the world? You're actually sad if you think a small mistake you made when you were 12 should impact your career 6 years later.
 | 
Finland iBait 
Did someone prefire you in a matchmaking game or what?
JUST LOOK, he is bad af imgur.com/a/cZosCZ6
 | 
Finland iBait 
Mad cuz Jamppi is more successful than you will ever be.
Cheater who is playing in havu/sj/or some shit org with 1.5-3k/month salary is more successful than me ? Sorry, but I'm not mad at all, not even close to this feeling, I don't give a fuck about all this stuff.
2020-02-21 15:22
He's more successful than you and he's a cheater who is playing in a shit org :DDD
2020-02-22 10:37
oh, sorry, rn he's playing for "KYNYNIEKAT", so this "SUCCESSFUL" guy doesn't even have a salary :DDDDDD
2020-02-21 15:26
 | 
Finland iBait 
"Doesn't give a fuck" but still comments twice under everyone that defends Jamppi.
2020-02-21 15:57
Nt, he gets 8k from Twitch sponsors, donations and subs
2020-02-21 17:29
proves ?
2020-02-21 17:50
He said
2020-02-21 20:34
proves ?
2020-02-21 20:57
OKAYYY | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina Foxxeh 
I have a vacban that's 13.6 years old. I was 10 and got IP-banned. I can assure you that I was taught a lesson, haven't cheated ever since
OKAYYY | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina Foxxeh 
only on my ex ofc, but that doesn't count
 | 
Brazil Allistar 
-Banned for life! You can't marry anymore! That's the argument used by them ;) .
2020-02-21 19:19
 | 
United States RopzIsCute 
Even if he was banned, he was fucking 12.
madcuzbad
once a virgin, always a virgin ok boomer
2020-02-21 14:51
cheating same as murder kkkkkkk
2020-02-21 14:52
So ban s1mple as well?
s1mple was banned in 1.6 Valve themselves said it that they would do a full clean up for CS:GO release. These losers cheated in CS:GO, with their new ruleset, break the law? get punished.
 | 
Latvia latvianguy 
s1mple was not banned in 1.6, why does every single noob thinks this.
because they are stupid, they want to think the best about their idols. s1mple got banned in csgo on esl for 2 years, it expired.
2020-02-21 15:04
Because he did an intervew like 1-2 months ago, saying he cheated or more like he showed a friend of his for fun the cheats and all this crap. Something like this it was. Eh.. yeah.. Sure. All this "it was just for my friend" i dont believe. like jamppi says all the time as his "excuse", or that someone got on ur PC and uploaded cheats.. xD I mean ok, im Valve and i wont unban u.
2020-02-21 15:05
 | 
Latvia latvianguy 
But ESL Wire team themselves have said that the ban was for CS:GO, so he was banned from CS:GO events, 1.6 is in no way connected to CS:GO, as it was a dead game, and the eSports scene for it, did not exist once s1mple got his ESL Wire ban. Jammpi tho, has not been proven to be the one that got the ban yet, and only will once he reaches a Minor trought online qualifiers, said by Valve. If he doesn't get unbanned upon Valves investigation then we can all jump on the bandwagon and say it was him, but untill that he is innocent untill proven guilty.
no actually i think he was banned in csgo, but it wasnt the VAC that got him the ban, but the ESL AC got him the ban so he was allowed to play
 | 
Latvia latvianguy 
Ofcourse it wasn't a VAC, as he was banned by the ESL Wire anticheat.
who asked
Boombl4 | 
Brazil ricca 
12-14 yo kid cheated in a meaningless online matchmaking game and gets lifetime ban from competing in the most important counter-strike tournament lmao this is a fucking joke
2020-02-21 14:56
Its supposed to be a lifetime ban on matchmaking too, if valve could they would just ban every account connected to user to make it effectively a life time. The rule has to be consistent.
2020-02-21 15:14
cheated in minecraft when i was 12 :( 4ever cheater
2020-02-21 15:00
 | 
Latvia latvianguy 
"There is a reason jamppi isn't contacting valve to clear his name, he is well known enough that valve could look into it, but he isn't for a reason, he knows the actual truth." Valve said that they will investigate once Jamppi reaches a Minor, can you stop making stuff up?
I think after the OG deal got dropped he is 100% banned. If og really wanted him they would seek valve to check, if they didn't sign he is banned (imo)
2020-02-21 15:10
OG probably has strong enough contacts with valve to have it checked.
2020-02-21 15:16
Yeah, i mean, even if it wasn't faking 2 times ti winner og i still think any other org would be able to check if they really wanted to sign someone. But being OG, and the deal didn't got through, IMO, valve did check, and he is banned. The other option is OG didn't want to risk, which is a fair option.
2020-02-21 15:19
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
It's their game and Valve can say whatever, but if you take that to court, they should clarify if the ban exist or not because you should be able to verify this anytime you want. If he doesn't perform any legal assessment is because he know the facts.
2020-02-21 15:38
Agree, even more now considering if OG really wanted they could've helped with the legal process (at least give indication on what to do), but if he didn't follow through... And "now" he got benched on Sj, so valve must have checked properly.. yeah, he is banned.
 | 
Finland veganisti 
he sold the acc and there is proof he didn't get vac.
2020-02-21 15:24
+1 actions have consequences. He completely deserves the ban whether it was him cheating or not. He broke valves terms of service either way. He does not deserve to be unbanned. Any pro who has cheated should be banned.
 | 
Finland kappaboi 
13y old and gets banned for life, nice
2020-02-21 15:36
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
He's banned on certain events of a videogame, he can play the videogame, he can play pro tournaments of that videogame, he's not banned from life or society. You all guys, make it sound like it's a drama and he has a death penalty or something.
2020-02-21 15:41
+1
 | 
Finland kappaboi 
It's like using doping in running when you are young and because of that you can't participate to olympic games
2020-02-21 15:43
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
That would be totally fair. Sadly, when something like this occur they ban all the national team from olympic games for at least one period. "TAWA's argument is central to a proposal from some members of the 21-strong IWF executive board for a change in its anti-doping policy. Mohamed Jaloud, general secretary of the IWF, has a number of supporters for a proposal to scrap the existing independent panel that decides on sanctions for nations with multiple offences, such as Thailand. The proposal will go before the executive board at an extraordinary meeting in Lausanne in December 5. Thailand - represented on the executive board by Intarat Yodbangtoey, first vice-president of the IWF - is not the only nation currently excluded from the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Egypt, which has also had multiple teenage doping violations, was excluded by the sanctions panel when it was banned for two years recently." You're taking advantage from others, so it's not fair that you can go there while others can't because you cheated your way to the top.
2020-02-21 15:48
 | 
Finland iBait 
Lmfao. Matchmaking, the ultimate "way to the top".
2020-02-21 15:59
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
If you ever got to high ranks you would see that hitting Global is nothing compared to Pro play, it's literally a night and day difference. He didn't ruin anyone's career by cheating in MM and he's never been on the top of the food chain in CS either.
2020-02-21 16:10
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
I know from first hand the big gap there's between a supreme compared to semipro, I can imagine how good is a real pro. But since some teams like OG were interested on him, I think is clear that he was going to the top of CS, I mean, he's even making money from this even he's not on a tier 1 team. I want to assume that he only cheated when he was 13yo and not until now, but how an org is gonna take the risk and know that for sure? By the way, is clear that Valve don't care about community, so there's no point on all this #freejamppi and every day posts on hltv/twitter/reddit.
2020-02-21 16:20
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
So injustices should just be ignored just because the authority on a matter will probably do so? Gotcha.
2020-02-21 16:22
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
Oh no. Just let's cry ad infinitum because one random guy is banned for cheating and we need to stand up until the evil corp (valve) makes the game ban free for all the cheaters under 18yo (or should be under 21?)
2020-02-21 17:39
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
You don't know if he's banned or not, it takes your argument's basis away completely. And you're purposefully painting the picture like we're the bad guy here demanding that if proven, 13-year-olds shouldn't be prosecuted with adult standards.
2020-02-21 18:30
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
If you don't know if he's banned or not, then why all this injustice and freejamppi thing, it takes your argument's basis away completely. He can't play majors, he plays on a pro team and he can attend tournaments where csgo is played. You're talking like he's on jail or something. He's just banned from one type of event inside a videogame, if he doesn't like this, he can try other videogames, is not like his life is ruined or something.
2020-02-21 19:00
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
It's an injustice because the situation at hand has proved to be puzzling enough to deny him access to OG, and therefore actively halting his career progress and earnings. Surely you would want every facet of work to work the same exact way and deny yourself a chance to progress at your career path because you may have or may have not stolen money as a 13-year-old. He's not in jail, that's right. But you cannot argue that he hasn't been affected a lot by this situation. Your argument still is based on him having cheated and being proved to do so, mine is not and is sound and in level with real-life ramifications for minors. Stop acting like you know the situation when you willingly won't see it any other way than yours.
2020-02-21 19:05
 | 
Brazil Allistar 
+1 You're right.
2020-02-21 19:23
 | 
Europe twitchy_ 
Problem is that you assume that we can't prove if he's banned because he cheated or any other misconduct that could lend to a ban, but is pretty easy to know. If we go to Valve asking if Jamppi is banned they will not answer, but if he goes it's obvious they will tell because it's his personal information, if they don't tell because potatoes, is so easy as ask it through a lawyer or get to court and problem solved. If that doesn't seem ok to you, is so easy as add a contract clause that if he gets a ban because of that after the contract is signed he needs to pay a zillion to the org and I can tell you that any org that have doubts will buy him. He knows that he will be banned and he's waiting to see if all this freejamppi movement makes a change on rulebook by valve. It's more obvious than Flusha's special gamesense vac in the days.
2020-02-21 21:05
Yes. A 13 year old is old enough to understand exactly what they are doing. It's not like he was 6. He was old enough to understand what the consequences could be. He fully deserves it.
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
This argument never holds up. No reasonable person would hold a 13 year old accountable of their every action at that age, it's asinine to ever think so. There is still no definite proof but because Valve won't step up and tell us outsiders the truth it's easy to hide behind this retarded argument and get on a high horse along with it. You can't remember how bad of a human being you were when you were 13 and you overwhelmingly remember false things from that age. A 13 year old is not thinking about ramifications in the far future in any part of their life as they're still learning about how the world actually works, or they just don't care, as young people tend to do. This is why the legal system doesn't hold extremely young people to the same standards as adults, and rightly so. Even if he would be cheating, the eSport scene acts way more harshly than every other sport scene. No other sports hand out life bans as easily as CS.
A 13 year old is not old enough to understand consequences of his/her actions. In Finlands criminal law anyone aged less than 15 will not be held accountable for crimes they have done. (still accountable for reparations though). I had a great time with my friends running speedhack on public server once. Never crossed my mind at that time that you could actually make a living by playing but anyway it had consequences. Them being that my steam account is now 14 years old and not 17. Would be funny not being able (if I would have pursued that) to make a living by playing today because of that one funny afternoon with my classmates 17 years ago. Today they play ASUS ROG Tournament in Finland, I played in this tournament at 2008 so it might have been possible.
2020-02-21 16:30
 | 
Denmark Alphamon 
I cheated at a public server back in 1.6 when I was like 12-13, I was a kid having fun who didn't know any better. Got a VAC ban on an older account, would be absolutely ridiculous if I was a pro later in life and banned from future CS:GO tournaments because of something that stupid and insignificant. Played competitively when I got older and obviously never touched any cheats again. I'd understand this argument if the cheating was done in an important league or something at an older age, with actual proof.
No it wouldn't. A 13 year old is more than old enough to know that cheating is not "just having fun". Like the guy said above he isn't banned from playing the game. He isn't even banned from being on a team. He is banned from valve events because he cheated. That really isn't even that harsh of a punishment.
2020-02-22 23:24
 | 
Denmark Alphamon 
It is harsh, because majors are the thing that everyone has their eye on.
2020-02-22 23:44
jks | 
Russia Tank0v 
Give s1mple a ban too. because "once a cheater, always a cheater, doesn't deserve unban"
Don't agree with the "once a cheater, always a cheater" BUT, if the rule says you are lifetime banned on both servers and events by valve, that is the rule.
2020-02-21 15:34
Stfu fakin moron
2020-02-21 15:37
but if this was any other pro sport you wouldn't get banned for life so how come you should in cs
2020-02-21 15:39
REAL QUESTION: is this dude even banned? like has he tried to qualify and get told to fuck off?
2020-02-21 15:52
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
The problem is that OG didn't get him because of rumors of a VAC ban, which started this whole debate. Valve is essentially keeping his career in limbo as a result, as no big org will look into him as a potential piece in their lineup because OG skipped on him despite him being way more deserving of a chance on OG instead of Mantuu. Sidenote, Mantuu has developed a shit ton already in OG and it leaves room for one to think about Jamppi in the same situation. TLDR; He is not officially banned, and rumors of him being banned were enough to make him miss his biggest career move in his life, making people mad for his situation.
2020-02-21 16:06
but then again why would these honestly way lesser players drop him completely out of serious teams if it would be just rumors.
2020-02-21 16:12
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
Because the OG team wouldn't be able to attend any Major tournament qualifier or event with him, making getting him pointless, if the rumor would be true.
2020-02-21 16:15
og is nobrainer. they are going or at least aiming to top 10 but im talking about these finnish teams.
2020-02-21 16:21
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
Finnish teams most likely don't have the cash to buy him out of the SJ deal he's on. He's not kicked, but benched. For whatever reason.
2020-02-21 16:22
doubt that coz he is playing in same tournament against them.
2020-02-21 16:26
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
He's still contracted. hltv.org/news/28682/jamppi-benched-in-sj You really think his contract expired in about 2 months?
2020-02-21 16:29
why not? pretty long time in esports
2020-02-21 16:37
or maybe because mantuu is better?
2020-02-22 23:26
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
Sure, he's actually doing well against T1 opponents, he's surely done more than Jamppi has at this point. Jamppi is clearly more talented though and has more potential. I'm happy with Mantuu for the moment.
2020-02-22 23:57
You're an idiot.
2020-02-23 05:37
 | 
Finland Karppanator 
Thanks. I will surely weigh your opinion highly because you attacked me instead of my opinion.
2020-02-23 10:31
 | 
United States @FyreCS 
Jampii and VSM should be free, they’ve got the talent and they stream showing they aren’t cheating. How are you gonna keep a person banned when they cheat as a 13 year old and don’t know what they are doing and don’t know that they would go pro in the future? Give a ban, but a limited ban, not an indefinite. Brax has served his time I think with the other Ibuypower people as well
Dosia | 
World zeree 
Who shot the proof? I know Bob Marley Shot a Sheriff!
 | 
Estonia sEEm4NN 
no1 cares about jamppi shit player and cheater thats it /closed
2020-02-21 16:13
You're god damn right.
2020-02-21 16:16
The only way to get really good is cheating, every pro has cheated at least once.
I hope in your lifetime, once you make one mistake you stay true to this same sentiment. Although, we know you wont. You have made mistakes already in your pitiful life, have you not? Who are you to play God as if someone who made a mistake doesnt deserve a second chance. Fuck you and your kind, like i said, when you fuck up down the line in life, Id love to see you say the same thing about yourself and hold to it. But u wont. Childs play.
2020-02-21 16:36
Cheaters and matchfixers should be banned for life, no matter how old they were. It doesnt even matter if their mother cheated when they were in their mother's womb. They should never be unbanned. The game they cheated in also doesnt matter. Because of games are played on the internet, trust is everything and I, personally, wouldnt even trust a guy who cheated in Minecraft Survival Games.
2020-02-21 16:36
 | 
North America huffAndPuff 
Can he play in non valve events like the IBP players? If so, it barely matters because there are only 2 majors a year now anyways. If ESL unbanned them, they can still go pro.
2020-02-21 16:38
But all big orgs want to aim for the major as well. And it isn't good for the brand to have a VAC banned player playing for the org I hope that he's innocent and can play in majors but he has been so quiet about it that i've started to doubt it
2020-02-21 17:17
I have no real opinion on the matter, (Should he be unbanned, did he cheat, etc.) but I'd say innocent until PROVEN guilty. Same goes for every player, before someone calls me a blind fanboy.
2020-02-21 16:43
great thread great point gl against the fan boys
2020-02-21 16:44
 | 
Finland aleksi21324 
HE ISNT CHEATER
2020-02-21 16:59
Interesting that underaged kids are considered too young to play this game, but mature enough to get consequences for rest of their lives from rules violation.
2020-02-21 17:13
Don't play the game at young age to avoid unwanted results in the future?
2020-02-21 17:38
Think of 12yo getting a red card for diving in a football game and therefore getting suspended from professional play forever :D
2020-02-21 19:25
I don't follow gayball, so I don't get that reference.
2020-02-21 21:46
What do u follow then
2020-02-21 21:59
No sports really, closest to following sports is csgo I guess, sometimes f1 and wrc, but not anything ball related.
2020-02-21 22:29
Explains why you have no common sense
2020-02-22 23:51
Wtf is this stupid logic "he should show this and that" No? The one accusing show show the proof he actually did it instead.
2020-02-21 17:18
fnx | 
Finland HekeH 
I'm not sure if he cheated when he was younger or not, but i don't think that its good that valve is not giving any info about it. Dunno if they told him private, that might be the case too.
2020-02-21 17:41
OP is pathetic cunt. Jamppi is best #1. Lets go Jamboin1g!
2020-02-21 17:43
 | 
Finland siloquez 
Ei kantsi jäädä kii.
2020-02-21 18:07
you are right, fuck that kid
2020-02-21 18:39
There is no proof he is vacced
2020-02-21 18:40
There's several clues that he is
2020-02-21 18:53
#freejamppi
2020-02-21 19:20
stupidest op in a while :D
2020-02-21 20:42
jamppi shit, s1mple god. :D
2020-02-21 22:11
expected from s1mple fanboy hahahhha
2020-02-22 23:48
 | 
Denmark Randomij 
This is the reason you keep your receipt
2020-02-21 22:12
Free my friends Asap and janppi
2020-02-22 11:44
Should just create a petition for Valve to take a stance to this case to either ban him completely or free him so he can become part of any interested organisations so we don't have to deal with this #FREEJAMPPI bullshit every week on HLTV
2020-02-22 11:49
 | 
United States BLaCkKobRa 
thats a dumb argument lol, "iv sold my account". selling accounts is forbidden anyways. i mean ofc no one would get punished for it, but telling valve u sold ur acc to avoid ban? lol
2020-02-22 23:47
who cares about that finnish inbred cheater
2020-02-23 10:33
Cheating in pro scene - lifetime ban Cheating before pro - o ban
2020-02-23 10:45
#FREEJAMPPI
2020-02-23 10:50
Virtus.pro
OG
Dignitas
Orgless
Cloud9
Envy
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.