Thread has been deleted
Last comment
[Serious] Why do people bait / troll?
Australia BotTheRookie 
I understand putting [Serious] is probably just gonna attract more baiters but that might be a good thing in this case. I am wondering why do people bait and troll others? Do you get a boost of happiness from angering other people or making their day worse? I am sure many people see trolling as "innocent jokes" however it's often very different for the person being trolled, I am sure everyone has experienced a moment like this. I am also wondering if people realize the toll that trolling takes on your personality. For some "harmless trolling" it's a very selfish thing to do, effectively prioritizing your own 1 second of happiness for someone's anguish. TL;DR Why do people troll others and do you think that doing something like this is actually beneficial to yourself?
2020-02-22 12:31
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Australia sad_faze_fan 
its a joke mens get over it
2020-02-22 12:32
I posted this before I saw your Mcgregor thing :D But thanks for your point of view
2020-02-22 12:35
 | 
Australia sad_faze_fan 
no problem mens but in a serious note just take everything with a pinch of salt
2020-02-22 12:36
Oh I know, I'm not posting this because I got baited I just looked through like 6 threads and realized almost all of them are baits so I'm just curious
2020-02-22 12:39
 | 
Australia sad_faze_fan 
oh ok
2020-02-22 12:40
if the op is making a bait thread that isn't creative in some way, then theyre probably an hltv troll looking for validation. but when it comes to the comments, its just kinda the nature of hltv. just like sad faze fan said take everything with a pinch of salt. hltv is lowkey an online forum that represents childhood locker room talk.
2020-02-22 13:39
The "Who cars" and DJ 32k / month memes and funny things like that isn't what I mean though, I mean people trying to anger other's usually people passionate about something for a laugh. Personally I have no problem with the trolls, but in almost every thread there is people trying to anger others for no reason.
2020-02-22 13:42
that's just low iq trolling. and imo if youre getting offended at online forums, youre so mentally weak you deserve to be spend your life behind shaking knees like a shitting dog. twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/28567..
2020-02-22 13:44
I literally said they're funny things and isn't what I mean. Also that tweet is just complete ignorance, that's like saying "How is bullying even real, just walk away from your bullies" Imagine having to live your life not ever using social media because you have to "walk away from your screen". The whole "get tougher" argument just doesn't work. If it did then racism wouldn't even exist because people just wouldn't care... but they do
2020-02-22 13:49
youre capable of some amazing non-fallacies. try to actually engage with something for once. you literally cannot follow this conversation properly. idk why youre going around thinking you've got shit figured out. oh wow I guess maturing nowadays is nerfing the world because cwying is baaaad. you couldn't be more of a typical reddit millennial if you tried. hltv isn't for you.
2020-02-22 13:55
I have no idea where you got the idea that this thread had anything to do with me. I'm simply asking the question, why do people bait. You seem to be getting a bit worked up with your "thick skin" fantasy, yet here you are. Your thick skin persona is really just getting in the way of having a conversation, but the fact that you think it's always been acceptable to behave like an idiot says a lot about yourself.
2020-02-22 13:59
im so confused by this whole chunk. stay away from the toad for a couple days, darling.
2020-02-22 14:01
Maybe because this: "oh wow I guess maturing nowadays is nerfing the world because cwying is baaaad. you couldn't be more of a typical reddit millennial if you tried. hltv isn't for you." Is the most inconherent thing I've ever read in my life
2020-02-22 14:05
first part references you saying 'we don't mature nowadays' or whatever. second part is describing how you portray yourself. third part is a statement that 'hltv is not for you'. thank you for subscribing to 'English spelt out'. you've used up your free trial and will be charged 99.99 for every word here on out. as a little tip for the future space-spellers, look for the full stops.
2020-02-22 14:08
So you're trying to say crying is good or what? All I mentioned is that people don't mature, your crying statement makes no sense. I also don't use reddit so that second statement goes over my head. Thirdly, HLTV is fine for me, because I don't let random internet people affect me, apparently you do because you're very passionate about my thread.
2020-02-22 14:18
I cant believe you actually replied to this. im truly flabbergasted by you. also yes imo its healthy to cry every so often. like once or year.
2020-02-22 14:20
Yeah, it took me a while, your "English" is a bit hard to read, apparently mine is too. I base my replies off the assumption you'll be able to understand the context, given what we've been previously discussing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Yours however suddenly incorporates crying and other random scenarios, that were never mentioned previously. Somehow I'm supposed to understand what you mean, especially given that you don't know how to use any form of grammar other than a full stop.
2020-02-22 14:24
why would I bother making sure my posts critique ready when shitposting to some kid online? honest question, are you autistic? cus the lack of self-awareness or social cognition is astounding.
2020-02-22 14:27
Dude honestly, I think maybe you get along with Australian's so well is because you come across as if you're always drunk or high. Like for real you're finding it so hard to understand a basic conversation. The things I am typing are directly referencing the paragraph that you've typed before mine and you somehow still can't comprehend what is going on. At this point, I'm using the most basic words I can and you're still struggling. I'm not sure you've got any right to be accusing anyone else of being potentially autistic.
2020-02-22 14:31
I cant believe you still think im confused by what youre typing out. im confused by why youre still replying to me. im confused by your terrible arguments. im confused by your constant use of non-fallacies and incomplete arguments. never have I been confused by your rudimentary use of the English language, outside of when you reference things completely out of place. and im asking if youre autistic, cus you've been responding to my obvious shitposts as earnestly as you have been to my actual points.
2020-02-22 14:35
All I can think of is how poorly you're understanding the threads subject matter. I only asked what the point of baiting is and you've somehow applied this to my life and my country. This is the sole reason why "my incomplete arguments" make no sense to you. Because you're arguing based on a completely false premise. This all came about because you seemed to believe that trolling has always been acceptable to society, even before the internet. This wasn't the case and this conversation is the result of your ignorance.
2020-02-22 14:39
Because it's harmless fun
2020-02-22 12:32
Please explain how it is "harmless" The people being trolled and baited suffer, which can often lead to hatred, then racism, I wouldn't call it harmless It also often screw's up the personality of the baiter, they find it hard to connect with people because they've spent all their free time pissing people off. 10 year's down the track they realise they're 25 and have no friends, this of course isn't guaranteed, but harmless isn't true.
2020-02-22 12:38
COCAINE | 
Mongolia bozgor 
nice bait 👌😎
2020-02-22 12:47
I am serious, do you believe baiting / being a troll has no effect on one's personality?
2020-02-22 12:49
COCAINE | 
Mongolia bozgor 
nono, you are baiting, I refuse to belive you are such an embodiment of the redditor maymay 👌😎
2020-02-22 12:52
Embodiment of the redditor maymay? Is maymay a user or your way of saying "meme" I don't have reddit. I'm just curious as to why people knowingly spend so much of their time being selfish online.
2020-02-22 12:55
ZywOo | 
Europe vacban 
0/8
2020-02-22 13:41
baiting is harmless, being racist is has nothing to do with baiting. 0/8 B)
2020-02-23 12:41
I should've clarified I don't mean simple baiting threads that have a funny title. I meant people baiting others to make each other angry, then you have people calling each other monkeys and all that shit because they're mad.
2020-02-23 22:17
Stupid 12 year old kids who think they are funny
2020-02-22 12:34
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
2020-02-22 12:36
 | 
Australia sad_faze_fan 
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Year 9, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Westfield Doncaster, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in adlay warfare and I'm the top cunt in the entire AU eshay forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of lads across Lalor and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, cunt. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, cunt. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can roll you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the dollar store and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo. Nice TNs by the way dog.
Reported, but thank you for the bump.
reported for reporting without a reason.
2020-02-22 12:41
reported for reporting without a reason.
2020-02-22 13:40
Probably an accurate reason, I wonder if they realize how selfish of an action it is and that they're creating more hate within the world just for 1 second of laughter or joy.
2020-02-22 13:12
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste 
U mad bc jason is at my house tonight
2020-02-22 14:04
 | 
Latvia Revelatiombe 
it's fun to see mad fanboys trying to defend their shitty teams and players. most of the fanboys at hltv are retarded as hell.
It's true that passionate fans are always going to get angry so easily. Am I correct in saying that you find it fun to knowingly cause people anguish just because they're passionate? It's only fun to the person trolling, on the other side of things people feel things like sadness, hatred, depression. But you still do these things to people because your moment of joy is worth causing pain to others?
2020-02-22 12:43
 | 
Turkey Slapdash 
if you get depressed over a team on internet... idk man
2020-02-22 13:27
It's not always about teams though, people bait and troll others on their religious beliefs, names, etc. It doesn't have to be depression but causing another person to feel hatred just so you can get a laugh is pretty fucked up and selfish. Yet it's justified because "it's just a joke". How has this become acceptable?
2020-02-22 13:36
it always been acceptable! Christ what pampered world did you grow up in?
2020-02-22 13:42
No, it hasn't always. Try doing it to someone in person, none of these people would because they'd all get their head kicked in. Imagine you're telling someone how much you like this particular sport and some random walking by starts saying you're retarded and it's so shit etc, it just doesn't happen. But because it's the internet and they can't get in trouble for it, it's "acceptable". I grew up in a world where maturing isn't mandatory anymore apparently
2020-02-22 13:45
I tell people frequently and in depth how shit football (and the infrastructure around it is) and I live in the UK. I have full on conversations with neo-nazis in person telling them theyre inbred fucknuts. you wanna know why? cus its what I believe, and im interested in hearing what others have to believe. random people don't pipe into conversation in the real world because no one discusses things in an open forum in the real world.... what a non-fallacy. idk what world you live in where no one tells other people what they think, but youre a poor bloody representation of oz.
2020-02-22 13:49
If you have no interest in football and think it's bad but go out of your way to tell people how shit it is then you're literally just a dickhead. Imagine thinking you're so important that you have to find people of different opinions just to tell them how shit their opinion is. I'm not sure where you're from but from what you just described I'm pretty sure most people would agree that you're just an asshole and it's as simple as that. In terms of being "a poor bloody representation of oz" I have no idea what you've on about. Over here we're way too relaxed to give a shit about other's opinions, people don't criticize people just for the hell of it like you seem to do. Usually those who do are bogans and that's because they think they're the shit.
2020-02-22 13:55
I have an interest in it. been playing since I could walk. but im aware of how shit it is, how corrupt it is and what pussies the players are. its why I supported rugby since my balls dropped. I don't find them, its called living in the real world. you meet people and discuss things with them. it wont always be positive, shock I know. "Over here we're way too relaxed to give a shit about other's opinions". think you may want to work on this love. fyi- even people I argue with don't think im a dick, cus I know how to do it in a fun and grown up way. theres a reason ive only been in fights to help my friends.
2020-02-22 14:00
Of course I won't all be positive, but if you disagree with something about someone you can simply state you disagree. It's completely unnecessary to shit talk something, unless they asked you to elaborate. Also I'm not sure what experiences you've had with aussies, but if it's a lot of confrontation then that's on you, not us.
2020-02-22 14:02
mate can you even read English? youre ability to follow these conversations is fucking shocking. when did I say anything about having confrontations with aussies? I love you lot, literally never met one irl I cant have a good laugh or shag with (to the point of me wanting to move there a couple years ago), and if you wanna know why. its cus they knew about this apparently forgotten concept of banter.
"Over here we're way too relaxed to give a shit about other's opinions". think you may want to work on this love. You didn't specify you had confrontations with aussies, but based on that reply ^ you disagreed with what I said. Also I can clearly tell you love Australia because the longer this conversation goes on the more you talk like one, not sure what that's about. Banter and being an asshole is completely different, I don't recall ever saying banter is bad
2020-02-22 14:09
ahhh almost like its all relative.... dun dun dunnnnnnn so maybe in your role as the super duper sensitive and in touch guy you should just stfu. how am I talking like one?
2020-02-22 14:12
The second you mentioned "oz" it was all "mate" "shag", imagine thinking banter and being disrespectful are the same thing. Here's the thing, it might be a joke for one person and not for another, that doesn't make it okay. You tell people to toughen up, I ask why do people need to be assholes in the first place?
2020-02-22 14:13
which are all English phrases.... imagine not being aware of the subjective nature of this universe. I mean especially for someone talking about maturity. almost like you should just treat people like individuals and assess them honestly so you can properly engage with them in the future in a manner that is the least possibly damaging for yourself.
2020-02-22 14:16
also na after doing a bit of research im not so hyped on Australia. the way you treat aboriginals and women is disgusting.
Poor treatment of women? I got no idea what you're referring to, but if you think that you disliking Australia actually bothers me in any way then you're very much mistaken
2020-02-22 14:15
just stating facts. you have a horrible culture around beating women and domestic violence. that pales in comparison of your treatment of aboriginals. what world do you live in? why would I be trying to hurt you by insulting Australia, when I just said how much I love Australia. its like you've never heard of the concept of nuance.
2020-02-22 14:18
Oh right right, so because there are cases of domestic violence in a country, that means everyone is like that then? Interesting point of view you've got there. I got no idea why you'd be trying to hurt me by insulting Australia, just the fact that you decided to state that you're "not so hyped on Australia" when I didn't ask and quite frankly didn't care about, to begin with.
2020-02-22 14:20
are you capable of following a conversation? its like you purposefully take points that a clearly referencing other things and apply them to different things. hence my prior state of being flabbergasted. plus nice downplaying of a serious national issue. disgusting. suprising as well how you just avoid talking about your treatment of aboriginals, almost like moral grandstanding is only good when it helps yourself.
2020-02-22 14:24
I mean I literally started my paragraph referencing the start of your previous paragraph like a normal person would. Not sure how that's so hard for you to follow. I'm not sure how you consider it to be a national issue as if every male in Australia is being abusive or something. I also didn't follow up on the indigenous point because from what you've mentioned to me, you might be from the UK.. and well we know where the poor treatment of our indigenous stemmed from.
2020-02-22 14:27
im not English... and wow good one using historical events to excuse your current disgusting behaviour. I mean you really are the master of non-fallacy. no wonder youre a joke in international politics. that part wasn't hard to follow. your constant ability to disingenuously portray a concept or argument and use of non-fallacies are whats confusing.
2020-02-22 14:31
Alright so what "current disgusting behaviour" are we talking about then? You seem to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to Australia so I'd love to hear it. Based off your use of "non-fallacy" I'd hardly be surprised to find out you've studied philosophy at some dead end university, so hit me with some facts that might make your degree somewhat worthwhile.
'dead end university' in my country still outranks top ones in yours. I studied history. are you legitimately asking for examples of disgusting behaviour like we haven't been discussing it? but if you want facts (honestly cant believe youre asking for them like it isn't a serious domestic issue). do you even pay attention to your own political debates? for domestic stats - whiteribbon.org.au/understand-domestic-v.. for an easy article on aboriginals worldpolicy.org/2016/04/14/australias-tr..
2020-02-22 14:39
im gonna leave you with this, cus the fact that someone is complaining about bait/troll threads while downplaying the government sponsored mistreatment of indigenous peoples and severe domestic abuse issues going on in there own backyard. I find truly disgusting, I hope you reconsider some priorities in your life. ty for the entertainment while I wait for my dog tho xx
2020-02-22 14:44
I mean you literally brought up the whole indigenous mistreatment and domestic violence because you failed to prove a point in regards to the actual thread topic. I'm not sure why you believe it's my sole responsibility to fix these issues when I have no say in my countries politics aside from voting. I never disagreed with your statistics, however it was highly irrelevant considering the topic at hand. The fact that you're hiding your nationality and the username you've got, I'm sure the tough persona you've been trying to put on during this entire conversation is all fake. But since you're so passionate about my country, feel free to come over and try to fix these 2 big issues you've ranted to me about.
2020-02-22 14:49
Yes
Yes?
2020-02-22 14:03
Yes
2020-02-22 14:04
f0rest | 
Russia 1.6 FTW 
Trolling in forums or game? In game its fun sometimes. On forums i no troll mens)
2020-02-22 12:38
The question was more forums specific, thanks for your contribution anyways.
2020-02-22 12:43
ZywOo | 
United States 7RU7H 
because its fun /close
You knowingly cause pain to others so that you can experience a bit of joy? Isn't this an incredibly selfish thing to do?
2020-02-22 12:45
ZywOo | 
United States 7RU7H 
not my fault if you are too sensitive/cant handle the shit in this world you are either the fucker or the fucked /close
2020-02-22 12:46
From what you've said I'm assuming you'd say the fucker is the baiter. I don't see it this way, the person baiting is literally destroying their own reputation and personality for a moment of joy. What happens when they've spent so much time pissing people off that they're just toxic in general, it's not something you can just switch off. It is true that in this world there is the strong and weak, I certainly wouldn't describe the strong as those sabotaging their relationships with others though.
2020-02-22 12:49
ZywOo | 
United States 7RU7H 
thats why you never troll with your real identity... ffs this is the n1 rule that you learn from day 1 you use a fake one but the best would be to use the identity of someone else (someone real, that you dont like) so you get double XP
I don't think you understood what I meant when I said it ruins your personal relationships. I don't mean it in the sense that your family and friends see you baiting others. I mean your personality is changed because you've spent so long pissing people off that you do it by instinct. Someone who is toxic online isn't charismatic in person, you can't just switch off a side of your personality. You can hide it, but eventually it comes out.
2020-02-22 12:58
ZywOo | 
United States 7RU7H 
so an actor because he's been doing movies/acting for so long will have his personality changed because of his acting ? its all fake what you say can apply for 0iq idiots but a real baiter, a smart one knows that its all fake ( just like an actor) so no, a real baiter wont have his personality changed because of this...
2020-02-22 13:02
Actually, the best actors are affected by the character's they play in movies, but they often have routines when getting into the role of a character, to differentiate the character from themselves. People on HLTV are not professional actors and do not have the same expertise at separating their own personality from their personality online. If you're selfish online for long enough, you'll become selfish. Think of actor's that have literally died because a character they played got into their head too much. (Heath Ledger - The Joker)
2020-02-22 13:08
my ok saying never hurt nobody
That's good of you
2020-02-22 13:11
Simple, baiting isn't just an art...it's a lifestyle.
So baiter's spend all their time trying to become disliked by as many people as possible? What happens when someone realizes they've spent all these years of their lives pissing people off that they forget what a healthy relationship with people is like. I'm sure many people have found themselves realizing they have no real friends and their personality sucks, all for some selfish joy at the expense of others.
2020-02-22 12:47
Well considering they stay annonymous almost always, when they grow out of it they usually just start over :|
2020-02-22 12:51
What do you mean to stay anonymous? They might be anonymous on HLTV, but being toxic transfers to their personality as well, people find it very difficult to change so I wouldn't assume they will "grow out of it". Online there are very few repercussions for something like this, usually, by the time someone realizes they spent all their time being an asshole, it's too late and they become depressed.
2020-02-22 12:54
I dont know if being that retarded will transfer to their reality because they're just too young, most HLTV users are middle class first world spoiled brats 12-16 y.o Im pretty sure they either grow out of it or just quit using hltv.
2020-02-22 12:56
I think it will transfer, to be honest. That's why nowadays everyone is so full of themselves, you see kids that are incredibly spoilt because there are no repercussions. I am not at all surprised that depression is so common, people either get trolled and build up anger. Or the ones doing the trolling soon realize they've got no meaningful relationships in their life. Then it's the "feel sorry for me" game where they realize once you're an adult no one is going to pity you, so they get depressed.
2020-02-22 13:00
They might be unhappy with their life and thus trying to make it happier. Maybe they are bored with themselfs and are not willing to actualy comit to something usefull for themselfs. And this is easy way of spending time. That would be my guess.
I think this is probably the best reply to this thread. From my point of view, I think this may be the cause as well. I don't think it in a malicious way, but a curiosity as to why people knowingly become toxic in order for a moment of laughter or joy. When you look at it, it's an incredibly selfish thing to do, which only sabotages their own relationships and reputation anyway.
Idk i don't bait
2020-02-22 12:51
A healthy life choice
2020-02-22 13:11
allu | 
Sweden Draden 
It is a sexual fetish
Thanks for bump Draken
2020-02-22 13:10
The only way to get at something is through practice. The only reason we're all masterbaiters here on HLTV is because we practice baiting others
So you enjoy being selfish to others just so you can experience a little bit of happiness?
2020-02-22 13:09
Most of the people here are under 18 and for them, HLTV is their life. People who are anonymous online and they can pretend to be someone they are not. When they grow up they will understand how sad they behaved ;)
I think they will never grow up though, once it's apart of your personality, it's a hard thing to change. The worst part is that it's often more harmful on the baiter themselves, because when they can't change the fact that they've got no meaningful relationships. (Because their personality has become toxic and selfish) they get depressed, or they're 25 years old and going nowhere because they've forgotten how to socialize without making other's feel bad
2020-02-22 13:05
Might be, this is the new "social media" generation and you may be right. Let's hope for the best =)
2020-02-22 13:16
Yeah :/ it's not looking too good, people have no responsibility for their actions or respect nowadays.
2020-02-22 13:18
baiting isnt allowed on hltv //closed
2020-02-22 12:55
Thank you for bump
 | 
Czech Republic Xedys 
I would differentiate it to two types: 1) the most common type on hltv is harmless trolling or baiting, in which I participate - I just try to be funny or act retarded in a good way with intention of making someone laugh 2) is harmful trolling, and I think this type is not goid and I don't understand it
2020-02-22 12:57
+1
2020-02-22 13:01
Yes #1 is fine, if it's not targeting a person, maybe a silly thread title or something of the sort, but #2 is what I am trying to understand
2020-02-22 13:03
 | 
Turkey OpCAT 
"I am wondering why do people bait and troll others? Do you get a boost of happiness from angering other people or making their day worse?" Not really, imagine not being able to understand a bait and laugh at it. Baiters are bestest
2020-02-22 12:59
There are funny baits and toxic baits. People who create bait thread's where they aren't attacking someone is completely fine, I mean bait's where people attack other's based on their passion (for example a team). And try to anger them as much as they can just for 1 second of joy, at the other's expense.
2020-02-22 13:02
 | 
Spain Minixx77 
Cus its funny Closed/
2020-02-22 13:05
So you enjoy inflicting pain onto others? You are okay with creating hate in the world as long as you get that 1 second of laughter?
 | 
Spain Minixx77 
Lul who talked about inflicting pain. Clearly u dont distinguish the difference between trolling/baiting and bullying/hating
2020-02-22 13:26
trolling passionate fans or baiting people based on their beliefs cause them to feel anger and hatred which is indeed inflicting pain or distress on people. Not sure if you're just ignorant or denying this fact. I don't mean bait threads that just have dumb titles to get a laugh out of people, I mean trolling people to get them angry just so the "baiter / troller" can have a laugh at the other's expense.
2020-02-22 13:34
 | 
Spain Minixx77 
u clearly dont understand Bye, libtard
ceh9 | 
World mukas17 
All sorts of forum boards are mostly filled with teenagers who have no regard for anyone else but themselves and they like to pretend like they are hardcore og gangstas and have no feelings. You need to be aware of who you are most likely dealing with whenever you get on the forums. If being trolled causes you pain then you need to get off the internet or grow thicker skin.
2020-02-22 13:14
I'm not being baited or troller, I don't often comment on threads I come on hltv to see if any interesting matches are on. I am not saying this as a "victim" of being baited or trolled, I'm just curious to why people like to cause grief to others or if they don't even realize how selfish it is. This whole "grow thicker skin" thing is quite ignorant because half the baiting or trolling occuring is usually race related and as you can see from how society is, this isn't just a "grow thicker skin" issue. I know the majority of baiters are going to be young, that's why I wanted their perspective on why they think doing something so selfish is okay, or if they didn't realize how toxic it is.
2020-02-22 13:21
 | 
Turkey Slapdash 
Baiting once in a while is good men))
2020-02-22 13:30
Depends if it's a harmless bait directed at nobody or if it's to piss someone off just to get a laugh out of it
2020-02-22 13:37
 | 
Austria iVolcan 
nt SpunJ
2020-02-22 13:30
Not sure what you mean by that, but thanks for bump
2020-02-22 13:38
OK | 
Peru TheJuan 
You are the only one baiting here
2020-02-22 13:34
Thanks for bump
2020-02-22 13:38
OK | 
Peru TheJuan 
bump (2nd account)
2020-02-22 13:39
+1 definitely my alt account
2020-02-22 14:50
i think its the same reason for everything , for consuming drugs, for drinking. people feel lonely and need validation or need to numb themselves from their avarage life and pretend on the internet to be someone they ain't
Hmm interesting, thank you.
2020-02-22 14:50
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste 
They bored
Hmm, I suppose their priorities lie in the wrong place. Something actually productive would be better
2020-02-22 14:51
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste 
Ironic
2020-02-22 16:10
Spending time on HLTV is hardly a bad thing if it brings someone joy, if that's what you're talking about. However, if it's baiting/trolling then they're fucking up their own personality which is a completely different scenario.
2020-02-22 22:29
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste 
Says who?
2020-02-23 01:10
Are you arguing that it doesn't affect one's personality or you're arguing that even if it does it doesn't matter?
2020-02-23 06:27
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste 
No
2020-02-23 12:23
 | 
Estonia mr_abdul 
someone got baited good apparently 🙄🙄
Oh who got baited?
2020-02-22 14:51
 | 
Europe JuliusCaesar 
Its simple, internet is full of real life losers who watch Twitch for 6 hours/day instead of living life. They need attention somewhere.
2020-02-22 14:21
Hmm, I suspect this could be true. However it's not necessary to call them losers. If watching twitch 6 hours a day brings them joy then that's not so bad, especially if it prevents them from annoying and pissing off others.
2020-02-22 14:52
 | 
Europe JuliusCaesar 
Tbh, I had in mind those 18yo+ people who instead of having a life, job, school/career goals, They waste life on watching Twitch and scrolling 9gag for hours. I am 28 yo and I know few people like this. They still live with their parents, They have 100$ on their bank account and live from meme to meme. In free time They troll on some internet forums to get attention but in real life when cute girl at the street is smiling to them, they turn around or keep their head down. There is nothing wrong if You stay at home when You're 15-16 and play games or whatever, especially that nowdays most of those 16yo "real-lifers" take drugs and drink all the time but if You're 18+ and You chose to waste ur life infront of PC, year by year, thats kinda fvcked up.
2020-02-22 17:41
Yeah, that's fair enough, well I guess we can only hope that they have a moment of realization that what they're doing is not going to get them anywhere. I'm hoping that is the case because otherwise, I believe people like that are going to become the majority soon enough.
2020-02-22 22:32
 | 
Netherlands staticNL 
because they have sad lives
2020-02-22 14:23
 | 
Finland no_man 
this is a bait thread isnt it
 | 
Russia Sur10n 
Most of them doing that for 1 second of fame, some of them just loves to trigger people and some concidering bait as a form of joke (wasn't it funny back then, posting the famous meme-picture of friberg, so people will respond "thank mr.friberg" or all those "forest leaves" in 2013-14). The problem is not baiters themselfs but snowflake generation overall. Of course there will be bunch of toxic baiters if people gonna cry after every "ur mom gay" shit. Btw there is no only black and white, there so much more colors even with baiters. P.S. 8/8 mens)))) 👌😎
2020-02-22 14:48
They've gotten fucked over in their life and feel the need to either revenge this feel, or subconsciously reflect the behaviour they have been given to be a way of showing affection between people.
2020-02-22 14:45
Is this thread a bait? I don't get it. :)
2020-02-22 14:45
but this thread is a b8 too
2020-02-22 14:48
It requires no thinking and/or effort and even the dumbest of the dumb can do it. It's just a bit of time-wasting, I assume.
2020-02-22 14:55
BAH
2020-02-22 16:11
0/8 reported
2020-02-22 16:15
 | 
Russia ArtyoMs2 
depens bro like u often see these threads about hot mom, and i caught this, i saw that, im that, blah blah blah we all know deep down its a bait but its funny now if u are talking about more offensive baits, well yea that tilts me too
2020-02-22 17:46
bored with themselves/their lives want attention felt like they accomplished something by getting response from another human/making some1 "mad" lonely etc
2020-02-22 22:30
 | 
Finland 27HM72 
Studies link trolling to psychopathy and sadism. I suppose that’s why. Getting their fun by making others mad or suffer. sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pi.. psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/your-onlin..
2020-02-23 12:29
I are agree man
2020-02-23 12:33
 | 
China Manchu 
To get attention.
2020-02-23 12:36
Evil Geniuses
FURIA
FURIA
MIBR
100 Thieves
FURIA
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.