Thread has been deleted
Last comment
If Trump wins 2020
Germany aitscheltihwih 
I wanna make a quick prediction of something, if Trump wins 2020. In 2016 he IMMEDIATELY announced he will run for 2020. Earlier than any other president every did. Now I will predict, that he will do the same for 2024. But wait, thats not possible according to law. But I dont think that ever mattered to Trump and he will have 4 years to change that. So my question to Trump supporters: Would you be okay with that or do you think that there is a reason why that isnt possible and that this would be a huge step to a dictatorship?
2020-02-23 15:17
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Liverpool is a shitty football team. Overrated AF.
2020-02-23 15:18
 | 
Romania heyhey12345 
Yeah
2020-02-23 15:26
+1 I was raised with the idea that they were a great team but they always disappointed me
2020-02-23 19:54
 | 
Brazil JMB_17 
+1 they almost lost to FLAMENGO hahaha
2020-02-23 21:34
Actually there is an option for a third time. (Or I mix it up with another country maybe Venezuela?) If u kick the president then he can be reelected for the third time.
2020-02-23 15:19
That would be interesting to know. But could that be abused? I mean could the senate just do another impeachment and remove him from office right before the 2024 elections? XD
2020-02-23 15:21
Thats stupid and knowing the republican party they will abuse it
2020-02-23 15:23
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
A president can only be in office for two terms, you cant run for the third term,it is the law
2020-02-23 15:59
trump can repeal the ammendment
2020-02-23 16:17
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
you would need most of the house and senate, those two dont get along so it will never happen
2020-02-23 16:30
what if trump IS the senate
2020-02-23 16:31
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
The president's democratic party always controls either the senate or house, but he can't control both so its most likely impossible
2020-02-23 16:37
 | 
Canada SparklMastr 
nt fakeflagger why are you getting the school ip banned
2020-02-23 17:15
gang shit, a hltv brother
2020-02-23 17:22
 | 
China SwooksarV2 
Lmao WHAT. AHAHA
2020-02-23 17:28
Oh you're the fkn guy that got my schools ip banned Fuck off troll
2020-02-23 21:51
He could also use one of his children, it's not that unlikely and he already talked about it. it's all nepotism anyway, so basically the US is just run by some corrupt mobster family. Or, ironically, a royal family.
2020-02-23 16:07
If you genuinely believe that he could change the law so he can get elected for the 3rd time then you're just delusional dude btw, u have dictatorship in germany according to your logic
2020-02-23 15:22
the Republicans already covered up all his criminal actions. There is nothing that can surprise.
damn you're so brainwashed it's actually insane
Nope. Facts are facts. Brainwashed republicans denied all facts.
2020-02-23 15:24
 | 
Brazil MyNameIsTaco 
just like nazist germany
2020-02-23 15:28
Are you suggesting republicans are like nazis?
2020-02-23 16:17
 | 
Albania pgigerich 
LMFAO what
2020-02-23 16:21
Thats not my opinion. "Brainwashed republicans denied all facts." "just like nazist germany" That means nazis did, what reps are doing now. Thats why I asked him if he suggests that reps are like nazis.
2020-02-23 16:22
 | 
Brazil MyNameIsTaco 
wait i think i did smth wrong sorry guys i know i gave a wrong first impression btw #Trump2020
2020-02-23 17:14
lol, you don't even have a real legal system anymore. trump is so corrupt it's basically a joke now. if you commit a crime that helps trump he will just pardon you and fire anyone that prosecutes you. your separation of power is non-existing at this point e.g. bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51469717 e.g. nytimes.com/2020/02/19/us/politics/trump..
2020-02-23 16:25
You are on the way to the Israeli system where people have to stay in power or their party will collapse because their immunity runs out :D
2020-02-23 17:28
Politics are boring but he is definitely not the brainwashed one in this conversation 🤙
2020-02-23 21:41
nt bernie supporter
2020-02-23 21:43
In Denmark we just have 2 idiot that no one really likes scream at each other. Some fat alcoholic and a woman who once had a bad haircut
You dont have to change the law, you can find or create a loophole. Neither me nor you know every single piece of legislation in the USA and im 100% sure that its possible to extend a presidency for example. Maybe its for example possible to call out a state of emergency to push back the date of the election. You are delusional if you think legislature in the USA is perfect and bulletproof.
2020-02-23 15:25
just because the germans seem to be incompatible with democracy doesn't mean americans are.
2020-02-23 15:36
And you say that 4 years after Russians intefered with the american elections. Do I have to remind you that Trump didnt get impeached for working with those Russians, but these Russians got charged and convicted. The interference itself has been proven to have happened and people got charged for it, lets not forget that. Besies that you obviously didnt address anything of what I said and just tried to get a cheap shot it. gz
2020-02-23 15:40
the second germany were made a republic they tore that shit down, got hitler in power and abused a "loophole" to transition into a full fledged dictatorship. what happen years later after they were forced to revert back to democracy literally at gun point or rather at tank point? well you've got a chancellor who's been serving for 14 years so far and she's neither the first nor the longest serving chancellor since ww2. meanwhile you have a far right party that has made the most gains and a government that openly employs surveillance against said party. in US watergate was a shitstorm and had corroded politics for years to come while in germany political surveillance doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary. that's the reason behind my previous comment - given the german aversion to democracy, your fears are understandable, but unlike germany the US has a pretty good record on keeping dictators away from power and maintaining a somewhat stable republic. as for the rUsSiAn InTeRfErEnCe - here's a shocking news flash for you - the russians, and before that the soviets, had been interfering with american elections and american politics in general for many years now. it's likely that other interested parties try to influence the US election all the time, be it the chineese, british, israeli or whoever else. basically anyone who's got vested interests. russians are different because they are either incapable of subtlety or purposely don't want it to be that way.
2020-02-23 16:51
First paragraph: thanks captain hindsight. You didnt learn the lesson from it: Its not obvious immediately. "as for the rUsSiAn InTeRfErEnCe" It was literal manipulations of the machines, not just some influencers, what the fuck are you talking about? As you still didnt adress my initial points and adressing the 2 things you did doesnt change that the interference happened and that what happened in germany was almost 100 years ago and obviously you cant to the same exactly like that. Also thats 1 example of a dictatorship and 100% not the only way it ever happened and besides all that, thats not even the question. The question was a question about your opinion and if Trump would try to extend his presidency, what would your thoughts on that be.
2020-02-23 17:02
literal manipulation of machines? citation needed. the only machine manipulation i recall happening is that some voting machines "malfunctioned" and flipped trump votes to hillary votes in a few states which was claimed by some to be an honest mistake and by others to have never really happened in the first place. i did answer your initial question, you are just not smart enough to understand it so sadly i'd have to spoon-feed it to you. my answer is that your question is unreasonable and is rather guided by your paranoia stemming from the undemocratic tendencies of your people. your question is a silly hypothetical leftie fantasy. leftists always like to lecture how horrible dictatorships are but secretly it's a wet dream of theirs to see trump becoming a dictator just so they could feverishly proclaim "i told you so!" whatever, for the sake of courtesy lets pretend for a second the hypotheticals you presented are reasonable. 1. trump will not try to get reelected in 2024, he might however mention it as a joke to trigger 80 iq leftists. 2. if trump snaps and decides to become a god emperor it will not be possible for several reasons. democrats would never support it under any circumstance so he'd need a republican super majority in the senate which isn't realistic. even if he did magically get it, most republicans wouldn't support it because that would be anti-conservative and because many of them would love running for president themselves. 3. even if all of the above somehow happened, trump would lose all the independent voters because no one in their right mind would support such a dangerous move.
2020-02-23 17:58
f0rest | 
Mexico bfish8 
You are wrong, Republicans are complete idiots and live in a fantasy world based off of the corrupt media that they watch on Fox News. My boss is a full on MAGA Republican, but nowhere near a conservative. He is just an idiot. He told me last week in an argument about Trump, that Trump is the only President to ever put Kim Jung Il in his place. Kim Jung Il has been dead for 9 years. Kim Jung Un has been playing Trump and making him look like a temper tantrum having baby, considering American and World media reported that Trump left North Korea over deliberations due to having a temper tantrum. Oh yeah zero progress has been made on North Korea according to all highly ranked American Intelligence, including former Chief of Staff John Kelly who literally said that Kim would never give up his nukes and has been playing Trump. He then reverted to talking about the Wall going up. Which when I asked him if he still supported the wall now that he and I will be paying for it with our Congressionally allocated tax dollars that Trump stole from the Military instead of Mexico paying for it. He frustratingly interjected that yeah he doesn't want a bunch of stupid illegal Mexican's coming into our country and taking our jobs. Trumpers are fucking retards.
2020-02-23 19:08
maga republican makes as much sense as a bernie democrat. it's not an oxymoron but kinda close. republicans are conservative and while they enjoy the benefits trump policies bring and that most of his political decisions or at least that of his administration are inline with conservatism, they wouldn't go as far as to amend the constitution to allow him another term. if you want to shift the topic from the 80 iq assertion the OP made, to trumps policies, sure. the solution of all the previous administrations was to pay NK and hope for the best. a road paved with concessions leading to nowhere. by the time trump became president NK already had nuclear capability and rockets that could reach SK / japan. NK happily took obama's money, or rather the american tax payer's money and broke the deal when obama was about to leave office. honestly, trumps best course of action from a political standpoint would be to continue the policy of giving NK handouts in exchange for them keeping quiet for a while. paying extortion for political gains - you know like the iranian nuclear deal. instead, trump tried to apply as much pressure while trying to persuade china to do the same (which by the way was the policy hillary was advocating for). unfortunately it simply cannot work because trump is simultaneously waging an economic war with china. i suppose it's not a coincidence occasionally when trump increased the tariffs NK decided to conduct a new missile test. that's why he shifted to the "we are best buddies now" approach trying to appease NK as much as possible without having to invest money. point being NK issue isn't really solvable. im not sure trump's approach is great, but i doubt it's worse than his predecessors. i'd say he's approach is average in comparison. worse off politically but better for the tax payers. as for the wall honestly im not sure if in itself it's a great idea but at least when trump said he'd build a wall - he's building it. that's a rare quality for a politician but then again, i guess trump isn't really a politician to begin with. the renegotiated NAFTA should bring about 60-70 billion in a span of 6 years. so ya, mexico "payed" for 2 or 3 walls.
2020-02-23 20:55
f0rest | 
Mexico bfish8 
The point I was making, was that Trump supporters are so ill-informed about what he has actually accomplished and how he has accomplished it that they will spin anything to support him and talk shit about Democrats. My boss literally thinks Trump has stopped North Korea from Nuclear production and has them cowering in a corner waiting for Trump to tell them what to do. He supports the wall because he was raised in a medium sized town 40 minutes outside of a large city, that was well off and 99% white, because he is prejudiced from his upbringing. He doesn't care that it's being built with his tax dollars instead of Mexico's. It doesn't matter that the new USMCA may raise US GDP by $68 billion because that tiny chunk of GDP increase won't be seen on his paycheck. Trump has only achieved in turning the United States into a Global Joke. He supports Putin, Erdogan, Kim, and Salam over United States Intelligence. Everyone is against him. He is a 77 year old Silver Spooned senial con man. Republicans have to support him because their party is dead and they have no one who can beat a Democrat in an election. A senile Reality TV star who has bankrupted 6 businesses and made his money through real estate inflation, tax fraud, and his Father's name/inheritance(by the way the Trump Organization currently owes over $1Billion in loan money) beat out the entire field of the GOP's top Political minds by personally attacking them and shouting random things he would do. None of which have been accomplished. Big time Billionaire businessman going to decrease National Debt and MAGA! Increases it faster than any President in history, including Obama who was fighting the Republican created recession. The next Democratic President will have to fix Trump's economic recession/depression, like Obama and Clinton before him/her.
2020-02-23 21:22
We engange in ideology blaming now? Nah not interested.
2020-02-23 19:33
not really, no. im not blaming you for being a leftist nor do i care about your fantasies of trump becoming a dictator. you can relish in them all you want. im simply pointing out that most reasonable people neither share those fantasies with you nor do they believe them to be possible. that was what you were asking in your initial post, wasn't it?
2020-02-23 19:53
"that was what you were asking in your initial post, wasn't it?" YOu think making a bunch of strawmen and ending it with a legit question will make me say "yes". I dont know about your fantasies of fantasies of lefties quiet frankly. Its just interesting how every goddamn Trumpsupporter has a hard time understanding what this thread is about and instead all of them start talking about lefties. Same to you as I already told others: Its totally not my problem, that you cant engage in hyptheticals. Besides all that you didnt tackle the real options for extending a presidency or in what way Trump can keep his influence. Thats all Im here for and none of the Trumpsupporters here brought anything. just weird bashing because they dont want to engange with the question and yet wanna spew some words.
2020-02-23 21:40
+1
> democratically elected president/party > dictatorship pick one
well according to the OP it is in fact dictatorship
OP is wrong
2020-02-23 15:27
I agree
2020-02-23 15:27
You are just as dumb as this guy if you cant read what I said for yourself, cause I never said the it is a dictatorship. At most I asked for opinions and gave 2 possible opinions that opposed each other. So both of those are my opinion? Makes no sense at all.
2020-02-23 15:42
Can you quote me where I said that?
2020-02-23 15:41
> So my question to Trump supporters: Would you be okay with that or do you think that there is a reason why that isnt possible and that this would be a huge step to a dictatorship?
2020-02-23 15:53
Thats asking people a question and giving possible answers? I said "Would you be okay with that" and "this would be a huge step to a dictatorship?". So according to your logic both of those are my opinion? Could it be that you have problems with language? Asking a question and suggesting answers is not the same as stating your opinion, why do I need to explain that?
2020-02-23 16:03
lmao he's asking for trump supporters opinion on whether or not him going for 3rd term would be a huge step towards dictatorship or whether it's alg
2020-02-23 16:04
Thank you :D I dont know why literally 90% of americans in this thread do not understand this.
2020-02-23 16:08
hitler.
2020-02-23 16:20
 | 
Finland Hassu 
vroom vroom 🚗
2020-02-23 15:21
facepalm.gif
 | 
United States PsychoLogical 
he will be re-elected. And hes not going for a third term. There are however hints that Trumpy Jr or Ivanka Trump are going for a 2024 run.
Lets just hope americans are smart enough to not vote for this family clan any further.
 | 
sweet summer child. They’ll be voted in alright. Unless a recession happens which is inevitable and if the Dems can get a grip.
why do you think he said hope?
2020-02-23 16:05
meow | 
United States Tom_D_Cat 
+1
2020-02-23 15:29
What are those hints? Trump Jr or Ivanka would basically mean Donald getting reelected somehow. But I think it would be really hard to push either of them through an election.
Good reply
 | 
Im only being realistic. Never liked Trump, never will. Would rather have him out.
2020-02-23 15:31
Which democratic candidate would be the best president in your eyes at the moment?
2020-02-23 15:49
 | 
Andrew Yang. He unfortunately dropped out but its strongly hinted that hes going for a second run in 2024, I’ll be volunteering for him if so. He’s smart and knows what hes talking about which appealed to me. Plus he’s not establishment.
2020-02-23 15:52
I didnt look too deep into Yang, I think people didnt really get to what level he is educated in politics. I listened to some interviews and talks with hi and I have to agree, he seemed alot more like he knows whats up in those. But in the big debates etc he just came off like he doesnt have much of a clue. Im a huge fan of his $1000 idea, but I didnt look at the numbers how to pay for that. But obviously that money wont be lost. People will use and invest it and it could be a huge boom to the economy and the standard of living. WIll be interesting how it goes for him in 2024, Im sure they will work on the way he is perceived.
2020-02-23 15:55
Mostly VAT tax, cutting military spending, closing useless welfare projects.
2020-02-23 22:20
I think Haley and Crenshaw are better options. Although Gabbard is a good option for the dems. More chill on gun control, young, bold and wants to get the US out of the middle east.
2020-02-23 16:30
United States koth 
So how do I get in on betting against this prediction? Put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise you are just a troll trying to get views.
Trying to get views? LMAO Sorry, I dont use this site to farm views or whatever and neither do I bet my money on politics. All Im saying is, that I think Trump will try to find a loophole or create one. Or as PsychoLogical suggested, they will send Trump Jr. or Ivanka in the race. And I think its safe to say that they wouldnt be independent and without influence by Donald. Thats for example why I was against G.W. Bush Junior, even though he didnt even get elected right after his father.
2020-02-23 15:30
"I was against G.W. Bush Junior" You weren't alive.
2020-02-23 15:32
Just because you are 14 years old, doesnt mean everyone else here is.
2020-02-23 15:35
So you're 40+ years old? Good one. 0/8.
2020-02-23 15:38
Bush Jr was elected in 2000. How do I have to be 40+ years old to be alive/have an opinion about him? Basically my youth started with his presidency, the times where I started to get interested in politics. And I said I was against him, not that I was old enough to vote for him (besides me being german and living in germany anyways).
2020-02-23 15:44
Assuming you were 16 at the time of his election, you would be 36 years old. 0/8. You also talk as if you have the right to vote here "I was against G.W. Bush Junior" Like it doesn't concern you in any way. Bad bait 0/8
2020-02-23 15:49
Wait, you cant be 35 on this site? (youth doesnt start when you are 16 btw, maybe you are different here and just proofs that its good that in the USA you are an adult with 21 as there are obviously people like you, whos youth started when they where 16). I also just explicitly said Im living and have been living in germany. Its not my problem that you see a german flag and assume I am saying that I can vote in america.
2020-02-23 15:51
ok boomer.
Rekt by a boomer. Must hurt.
2020-02-23 15:56
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
There is a difference between just being old on a forum and being old whilst being a dumbass on the server with your almost bait ideas
2020-02-23 16:02
It doesnt even make sense. If this was a bait, I baited you. But I didnt and you didnt make any point whatsoever. Once you do, I can probalby copy and paste what I replied to the other aswell.
2020-02-23 16:06
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
Ok, here is my point. Your idea or theory is a fucking retarded idea, there are amendments made in place to stop a president from having more than 2 terms, there is no loophole. If he tried to do something to change the amendment then the legislative power would prevent him from doing it. You said you were in politics since your youth but your knowledge of politics seems very small, like this was a bait
2020-02-23 16:08
"Once you do, I can probalby copy and paste what I replied to the other aswell." So as you aswell showed that you cant read Iwill do that: "You are just as dumb as this guy if you cant read what I said for yourself, cause I never said the it is a dictatorship. At most I asked for opinions and gave 2 possible opinions that opposed each other. So both of those are my opinion? Makes no sense at all." It like you assume my opinions on politics, when I infact never gave an opinion on the topic myself in this thread. Im asking for opinions and you and most other american instantly feel butthurt because I said Trump and dictatorship in 1 sentence, without realizing that I didnt say this was my opinion, but instead I was ASKING for opinions.
2020-02-23 16:20
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
if you would actually read then you would know that i never said it was a dictatorship, you just added it in that i said it was a dictatorship when i said nothing of the sort. You also said that these are your opinions, i can't express my opinions on how retarded your two answers are? You did give out your opinion your idiot. Here is a direct quote from your original thread: "Now I will predict, that he will do the same for 2024." "But I dont think that ever mattered to Trump and he will have 4 years to change that." I was never butthurt over Trump, I was butthurt over how somebody could be this retarded and think he knows USA politics and their systems when he doesnt know jack shit. If supposedly never asked for opinion then why are you so fervently defending an opinion when it isnt yours?
2020-02-23 16:36
That quote by me is not judging over it at all, where exactly did I say its a dictatorship? Also I wont waste time on you. I literally just wrote: "Im asking for opinion" and then you say: "If supposedly never asked for opinion" Like what am I to tell you? I Said multiple times that Iam asking for opinions and the 2 suggestions are suggestions. no answers, you and everyone else can give their own opinion, nobody has to choose either of those 2. Its just a simple question. "Whats your favorite color? Is it yellow or maybe red?" You: "REEEE YOUR FUCKING ANSWERS ARE RETARDED; YELLOW AND RED ARE BOTH SHIT REEEE". Thats not helping answering the questions does it? Amazing that its people like you that also say "facts over emotions" and all I see you reaction emotionally to a question, just because you didnt like the 2 options I gave.
2020-02-23 16:56
 | 
United States JoshDAA 
I legit answered your question and said that a president can't get more than two terms, but you defend that he can still do it, why would you ask a question when you will just rebuttal the fucking answer? if you didn't have an opinion over this then you wouldn't be arguing with anybody that said he can't get more than two terms. There is a difference between asking questions about a simple thing like colors and giving out two answer when only one is possible while the other one isn't. Thats like comparing "can a dog eat a flower and can a flower eat a dog" and you "its a simple question like "do you like car A or car B". Those are two different fucking questions. Are you this butthurt that people said that he can't have more than two terms that you have to argue that "it isn't my opinion, im just defending the impossible side of the answer and not taking no for an anwer"
2020-02-23 17:49
The problem here is, that I didnt ask if its possible. Besides that there are legit ways to extend a presidency. Im trying to engange in a discussion, you try to "rek leftists". For like 10 comments now Im trying to tell you why I made this thread. But you dont listen and go on with the same crap that doesnt matter for the question Im asking, If you cant engange in hypotheticals, then surely thats not my fault.
2020-02-23 21:36
Man, it's almost like it's his opinion or something. Go figure
What am I reading
honestly what the fuck
2020-02-23 15:51
orange man bad mental gymnastics
No need for all that. Just make WAR. And declare that an election could not be held with integrity due to the war and according to the law the president stays. I think people forget that part of the presidency.
he has power, but he does not have enough power to just change laws whenever he wants, it goes through a process. If he even tried to change 22nd amendment he would immediately be stopped.
2020-02-23 15:32
Creating loophole is just as efficient as changing the law. Also there are already ways to extend a presidency. And the way I perceived Trump, Im sure he will try to stay in office for longer than 8 years.
2020-02-23 15:37
he's stupid, but he's not change the 22nd amendment so I can stay president for more than 8 years stupid.
2020-02-23 16:45
He wont
2020-02-23 15:38
how is being elected a dictatorship
2020-02-23 15:40
Are you german? If yes, you miserably failed at school and the history of your country. Besides that Im not saying its a dictatorship, I just gave possible answers and trying to be in office for longer than you are supposed to be is indeed a step towards dictatorship. I think the name "Adolf Hitler" should ring a bell.
2020-02-23 15:47
ok that only works in failing democracies with no seperation of power so your argument is retarded
2020-02-23 15:52
I think I showed in this thread that Im willing to argue, but as you seem to already have lost your arguement and retreat back to calling my arguement retarded, I think my job is done. PS: Russians intefered with 2016 elections (people have been convicted for that) and reps already started preventing witnesses from attending trials and used the senate to back the presideny and protect Trump, seperation of power and failing democracies is just such a bad arguement.
2020-02-23 16:00
china also interfered in the elections, but you never mention that because you gotta keep that narrative of trump and putin being secret buddies up.
2020-02-23 21:34
Big presumption you have there. China interfering with the election is just making my point more valid, thanks for the arguement.
you think they didn't interfere in previous elections? or elections in other countries for that matter
2020-02-23 22:15
I think they did interfere in previous elections and other countries and it sucks. Im especially interested if its about my country, germany. Or other Important countries, such as the USA. Again, whats your point? It doesnt matter how many other instances you name, it doesnt make it any less true, that it happened in the US in the last election. Thanks for again making my arguement.
2020-02-24 01:35
yes, russian hackers interfered in the election. congratulations. trump is still president though.
2020-02-24 01:36
See, you just could have not come here at all and nothing would have changed as we are now back to the beginning. Maybe youll find something to add to the topic. Interesting how we didnt even really disagree with anything, you just tried to go at my cause you dont like me ;D gj!
2020-02-24 03:21
so why exactly did you bring this thing up in the first place
2020-02-24 03:22
To give examples of how democracies can still fail today, for example by interference. Dont try to twist it, you came here to try and trash me over nothing. I made this thread, so naturally I will try to get involved in the comments. You can freely choose what threads you comment on. But you definately brought nothing of worth to this.
2020-02-24 03:54
not only his argument
2020-02-23 21:32
I'm not a trump supporter but his owner is planning on doing something similar in Russia, so why not :)
;D I giggled
2020-02-23 16:00
trump is the best US president
Wut, what was that weird sound effect I made when I read the last word? Something like tspshhhhhhhhh
2020-02-23 15:55
 | 
Albania HLTV_God 
If he do his a retard. Why waste 8 years of your life working? Let alone 12... So sick that he even accepted to be president in 2016
2020-02-23 15:57
 | 
Europe Nomarosa 
He won't
2020-02-23 15:59
I dont think thats realistic.
This only shows your vast ignorance of how the federal system works in the US. The two term limit is part of the Constitution, and though the Constitution has never been respected fundamentally-- administratively speaking, it is still followed. You can't change the Constitution by a mere law. The only way Trump could serve more than 2 terms is if 3/4ths of the States voted in favour of amending the Constitution to allow for it. That would take 38 out 50 States for vote in favour of it. Even if Trump is super popular it's not likely that the States would favour this because you can never predict who might be president in the future, and it could backfire and become hard to change again. The only way Trump could possibly get around this is if something major happened, and he used the false idea of executive power to cancel the election until the crisis was over; i.e., the US was nuked and in the middle of a huge war within her borders, or, some other major internal crisis that could be used to such ends. Though this would still be unconstitutional, presidents have used crisis on many occasions to violate the Constitution.
I should have made more clear, that I wasnt only talking about a "legit reelection" but also any way that could be used to extend his presidency. There is also alsways the possibility of creating or finding loopholes. I fully admit that Im not firm with every piece of american legislature, so I have a hard time knowing what it possible and what is not. That he cant just run again is obvious I think, wasnt my intention to say that :D I still stand by it, that I do think Trump will try to extend his presidency, if he/they find a way. And Im interested to know how americans/Trump supporters would react to that aka if they would be in favor of it.
2020-02-23 16:12
Fair enough. The US is so divided right now that I think most Trump supporters would not care if he stayed in office. Especially if the alternative would be worse in their eyes. Anything is possible in certain circumstances, but it would take something very unique and extraordinary for it to happen.
2020-02-23 16:16
Someone else said/suggested, that Trump Jr or Ivanka may run for presidency. I think the sign thre would be clear: For for Jr or Ivanka and we will remain on Donalds path". Obiously that would be legit, but very concerning in my eyes. I seriously should go to the USA for a couple of years to understand that country better. For me its still unimaginable somehow that they actually voted Trump into office °-°
2020-02-23 16:25
There definitely could be ways that the Trump legacy could continue in a legal manner. You don't need to come here to understand the system, you just need to start studying it. If you want to study it the best place to start is from the beginning--the founding period and how things came to be--and what the founders actually established. The best source for that info is the debates of the Philadelphia convention of 1787, the federalist, and anti-federalist papers, and the Virginia State convention of 1788 on ratification. Then study the Constitution itself. Also, it's important to understand the Virginia and Kentucky resolutions of 1798. Anyone who has studied all this in a thorough manner will know more than 99% of University grads, and probably 95% of congress. If you want to learn the culture/s, first, you must know that there is no single American culture. Each State is different from the next, and then within States you have small subcultures. The US isn't one giant nation like outsiders think it is. Granted, you have large sections that are similar, but if you travelled to all 50 States you would notice vast differences amongst the people as you travelled. On the surface this isn't detectable except between the larger sections--New England, The North, The South, The deep South, The Midwest, The Northwest, The interior Northwest, The West, and the South West--these are the larger regions which are all distinct from each other, but there are many subcultures in each of these areas. I would propose that the only reason you think it unimaginable that Trump got in is due to the sources you follow which continually exaggerate and lie about Trump and his administration. Just like those who worship Trump follow sources which do the same. I'm not a supporter of either side in this debate. If you understand the system, and you have a good foundation on how the US system works, and you have a good understanding of the history of the US, and its many executives, you'll realise that Trump isn't much better or worse than any other president of the past 100 years. He's not as insane as the left makes him appear, and he's not as good as the right makes him appear. Don't get so emotionally involved and step back to consider what actually is, not what is being made to appear to be. Each side has his or her partisan hacks who spin the truth to fit their narrative. Take care
2020-02-23 16:51
He’d probably say that to troll and run as VP with Pence if that’s legally possible
2020-02-23 16:14
no way he'll win over bernie bernie is way more popular among ordinary people
2020-02-23 16:19
Trump and Bernie are pretty even from that perspective, believe it for not.
but not amongst the large population of boomers
2020-02-23 16:26
 | 
Russia dUUUt 
support the candidate from russian party Donald Ivanovich Thrumpov
lel ;D
There's no way he'll get away with that.
Well, thats up to how it would/could be done. Obviously he cant just run again. They would need to use some kind of loophole or use a war or whatever as emergency to prevent the election from happening.
2020-02-23 16:27
still, I don't buy that he could do it. He would get elected out if he does it for anything short of world war three.
2020-02-23 16:28
I hope that aswell. But then again, thre is so many things that I didnt knew are even legit at all. Like how could Trump just order McGahn etc to not be a witness at the trials? I thought it was there to find the truth. So a way for dems to proof he did something wrong or for the reps to proof that he didnt. But they just blocked keyfigures, which have the answers to the important questions.
2020-02-23 16:32
LOLOLOL IT'S NOT RUSSIA
 | 
United States sorcrcrc 
i dont think he or his supporters are that braindead
I dont know man... Trump said the wheel is older than walls and his supporters defended that. People already switched out reality with his words in their head. Even simple things like wheels and walls can get twisted. And I dont think it takes much to realize that walls have been on this planet way before wheels (wheels, not just round objects).
2020-02-23 16:29
how long is the putin president already ?
2020-02-23 16:31
how long is angela chancellor already?
2020-02-23 21:29
 | 
Canada ProvexPyker 
I'm not following but Bernie looking strong 😎👍👍 #VoteForBernie
2020-02-23 16:39
 | 
United States Trump2020KAG 
do u think its ok impeaching a president for nothing and non stop attacking a president with made up fake stories? ill give u my answers- No its not ok impeaching a president over bullshit. No its not ok using the media for spreading fake news and false judgements against a president. No its not ok for a president seeking 3 terms. But the democratic party has proved that all rational thinking is out the window which means we have a unconstitutional situation in current US politics and if Trump did decide on running for a 3rd term i wouldnt be surprised but i also dont think he would ever do it
2020-02-23 16:55
"do u think its ok impeaching a president for nothing and non stop attacking a president with made up fake stories?" No, I dont think at all thats okay. case closed I guess.
Fnatic is best csgo team
2020-02-23 17:01
 | 
France J0riS 
I really believe that one more time, the democrat candidate will have more vote but because of these "Great electors" Trump will be re elected
2020-02-23 17:01
 | 
Norway Markus98h 
I’m a Trump supporter, I follow he’s politics everyday. And yes, I believe Trump will run in 2024 legally, but I’m not sure if it will be Ivanka Trump or Erik Trump, or Donald Trump Jr.
2020-02-23 17:25
If you think your president is doing good then you would want him to stay there as long as possible. Election is just an opportunity for different clans/families aka elites to push their own candidate.
2020-02-23 17:31
Damn one of the first here to actually engage in the topic instead of going on a rant about lefties. Well done! Well its true, if you like something you want to be there for longer. But I think you know that there are reason why a president can only go for 2 terms? So do you agree with those or you think its a stupid rule?
2020-02-23 21:44
In my opinion it is a stupid rule.
2020-02-24 17:32
But isnt it the first step so things like Putin happen, that are head of a state basically for life?
2020-02-24 18:46
2020-02-27 19:18
 | 
Europe Vallon3 
I really want him to win, just to have a repeat of 2016, holy shit that was hilarious. Internet exploded, snowflakes were crying, memes were overflowing. I want that again.
2020-02-23 17:35
How is it a good thing though if people engange in bad behaviour or feel bad? Shouldnt the election of a new president be something positive? If I was american for example, I would never vote for Bernie, because I would care about fellow americans and I know that many reps would prefer another candidate over him. So another candidate can make the country alot more happy.
2020-02-23 21:46
wtf is that thread hahahha
2020-02-23 18:51
So many people crying orange man bad I can't wait to check up on this site when he does win in 2020
2020-02-23 19:56
Couldnt hear me crying. I was asking a quesiton and already said right in the beginning that Trump has a big chance to win.
2020-02-23 21:46
Wow it's almost like you're not the only person that's commented here, It's almost like not everything's about you you moron.
2020-02-24 07:32
Well then maybe reply to them and not to my thread? Why so mad soyboy?
2020-02-24 18:49
It's gonna be close. I think Bernie does have the edge, since Trump won due to flipped Obama era voters in the Rust Belt. Check back in the summer and see the polling from the Midwest.
2020-02-23 19:57
yeah dude after his reelection this year he will start bypassing laws so he can get elected again and declare himself the führer of the 4th reich, start a new holocaust, nuke mexico and invade canada someone send the story to cnn
2020-02-23 21:27
<3333
2020-02-23 21:30
Thats your words not mine. A presidency can be extended for various reason and maybe even loopholes havent used before. Besides that others already suggested Trump Jr. or Ivanka might run. That would be a clear msg: Vote for Trump jr. or Ivanka to see the same policies going on. Would be a way to keep his influence. Its weird how you are the 2nd guy accusing me of weird fantasies about dictatorships, when its that other guy and you that brought it up and I wanted to have a proper discussion.
2020-02-23 21:49
 | 
Finland Smoonah 
Trump will change law himself and be elected longer than Putin
2020-02-23 21:30
Why are Germans on hltv so braindead
He wont(cant) run in 2024 , but his son Jr will , almost certain .
2020-02-23 21:37
if trumps wins its over
2020-02-23 21:42
Good luck to Trump and to the people of US and around the world. #Drain the Swamp
2020-02-23 21:42
He started with Epstein already, right? Or did I confuse things? Oopsie.
2020-02-23 21:50
He got clin7oned unfortunately?
2020-02-23 21:59
This will not happen. It will not be accepted by the population or politicians. And I doubt Trump will try, as this allows his competitors to re-elect themselves numerous times as well. Having two mandates as a president, with a great economy is enough to prove what he wanted. Why to risk so much?
2020-02-23 21:52
No I wouldn't be okay with that as a Trump support, after 8 years his legal term is over, and why would he even try to do more than that? I'd like to see Ted Cruz run again in 2024, that would be great.
2020-02-23 22:21
the constitution is made by the people, not those establishments. when kings made laws saying, "the king rules everything, the king is the law", our ascendants killed kings and made new constitutions. this is REVOLUTION.
2020-02-24 03:31
Virtus.pro
Gambit Youngsters
VERTEX
i sleep
W7M
DETONA
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.