Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Broken family
Brazil JudeMartin 
I left my parent's house about 3 months ago to study and work in another town, and since then I've been told that the situation in my former home is getting worse and worse. My 'mother' was frequently beating my sister (she's 28 yo) till the point of almost choking her to death. In the beginning I thought this was an isolate case, but other family members have told me that this was happening over and over. My father has hearth problems and never had attitude to do anything about that, he always watched quietly what his wife did. Now my sis finally left that house too, she rented a small apartment with a co-worker friend. I'm glad for her, she was looking really bad and if I knew this was happening I'd have called the police. She was always like that, literally since ever, she used to beat me too, till the day I told myself "enough" and fought her, ever since she never dared to touch me again, but my sister... I don't know why, but she lets my mother do whatever she wants with her, maybe she still fears her. But this has got to a new level, I think my mother really went insane, she had cancer last year and I think it somehow affected her sanity... I don't know what I can do about it, I don't really feel anything for her but it's a pity to see her in such state. And my father, with all his problems, should probably leave too, but if he does my mother would starve since she doesn't work nor have any income, so I think he won't... and in such case I don't think he's going to live much longer. Sorry for the long text, I just wanted to share it with someone. If anyone can relate or know someone, share your thoughts. TLDR: My family is fucked up.
2020-02-29 01:07
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Stopped reading at Jude
2020-02-29 01:07
Stopped reading at Martin, fuck hltv's mods
2020-02-29 01:10
 | 
Brazil CringeGuy 
Stopped reading at LDLC_1_major_FaZe_0_v2 mom's gay
2020-02-29 01:11
name checks out
2020-02-29 01:12
stopped reading after seeing flag
2020-02-29 01:12
 | 
Russia NikSmoK 
this will get deleted soon
2020-02-29 01:13
for what?
2020-02-29 01:13
 | 
United States TrashPanda 
My parents were raging alcoholics. Dad died when I was 11-12 my mom died when I was 16, then my grandfather who practically raised me died from the same thing. Multiple other family members either in jail or addicts or what have you. I don’t know a single family member that isn’t an addict. They’re all fucked, and all poor. To my knowledge, I’m the only one who “made it.” I took all that angst, hate, and resentment- that will never leave me- and use it as fuel to make family I’m making to break the chain. I worked my ass off since I was able to, and vowed to myself to not be like my parents. Your past, nor your parents define you. You are your own person, you decide your destiny. Your parents are just people. There comes a point where they aren’t good for you in your life and you have to cut them off. Personally I’m glad my parents died in a fucked up sense. I don’t have to deal with their suffering and bullshit. Some parents just suck, and are selfish assholes. Work hard, network yourself, and climb the ladder of success and never look back. TLDR - your moms and family are pieces of shit, leave them behind, keep up and help the good ones but make yourself successful. Your past doesn’t define you.
2020-02-29 01:14
damn straight, I'm glad you managed to break the cycle of destructive parenting. Also I really like how you stated that all these feelings won't ever leave you... I thought I had to find a way to forget all of this, but I realize now that I'll carry the hate and resentment for the rest of my life, they're just part of us... thank you for your reply.
2020-02-29 01:41
don't be so quick to dismiss opportunities to heal it
2020-02-29 10:14
 | 
Ukraine alexftw 
huge respect for you man good luck
2020-02-29 02:22
Happy | 
Russia Jovik! 
I agree with everything, tough fate you have had and it's inspirational to see what's become of you.
2020-02-29 03:53
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
Honestly good job man. I’ve had a lot of friends struggle to let go of their toxic/ abusive families and it really is sad to see them like that stuck in that depression. I’ve also had a friend stay with me till he get back on his feet and seeing the difference it made in his life was something else. I agree with everything you said.
2020-02-29 10:39
I was taught that every member of the family cares about each other and if your mother has such serious problems, then you and your sister and father should take care of her mental health. Fortunately, I've never had any problem with/in family, can wish you good luck and do not limp along with these problems
2020-02-29 01:48
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
Well that’s not true at all and the best thing you can do for yourself is get rid of toxic people in your life. Even if they’re blood it doesn’t matter you don’t owe them anything.
2020-02-29 02:50
As far I as understand people who gave you a roof over the head and raised and dressed you, should not be the object of your excitement if they in trouble?
2020-02-29 10:00
 | 
Macedonia Zano0o 
+1 you should respect them no matter what, in hard times they will be the first to jump for you
2020-02-29 10:05
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
Yeah because abusive parents will be the first ones to jump. Maybe jump ship and peace the fuck out.
2020-02-29 10:27
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
She literally abused her daughter no excuses for that. Them being your parents doesn’t excuse all that. Fuck em.
2020-02-29 10:26
 | 
Ukraine alexftw 
Some people are a lot like clouds you know, 'cause life’s so much brighter when they go. youtube.com/watch?v=MocF43ncu8I get rid of toxic people in your life and move on doesnt matter if its family, you didnt chose them and you are not obligated to suffer its a matter of choice though but firstly try to openly talk about this with family and point out issues, discuss this with parents and talk to sister if you both can do anything about it if not just move on it will be painful first few years just to think about it but eventually pain always leaves and it will be replaced with something positive like loving wife and kids good luck m8
2020-02-29 02:21
I've had similar experiences You have to get rid of your parents and family from your life as you said they can't live much longer anyway.
2020-02-29 02:43
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
So you both left why worry about it? If you’re parents were that toxic you really shouldn’t care for them. Now that you left don’t look back just because they were your parents doesn’t mean shit.
2020-02-29 02:48
get all your siblings to move out and forgive your mother, she didn't know better. also forgive your father for not doing anything about it.
2020-02-29 10:05
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
How did she not know any better?
2020-02-29 10:42
her parents messed her up
2020-02-29 11:45
Rich | 
North America Gumdrop 
He didn’t mention his grandparents so you couldn’t know that.
2020-02-29 20:56
dude it's not a place for this people aren't taught how to respond to such a situation go to psychologist for your own good
2020-02-29 10:07
 | 
Finland tiktoklover 
+1
2020-02-29 10:45
 | 
Finland tiktoklover 
28yo still living at home? lmao
2020-02-29 10:45
that's normal in poorer countries only in finland kids move out so quickly the prices of real estate are ridiculous in this sick economy system for young people starting in capitalism
2020-02-29 12:16
Invictus
Lynn Vision
Casa de Papel
mYinsanity
Cloud9
Gen.G
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.