Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Online Dating?
 | 
Germany hellosmartpeoplefromhltv 
Hello smart people from HLTV, After continuous bad decisions around girls the last year(s), bad luck and sabotaging from other persons I thought about trying out online dating now (am 19 rn). Not sure yet, any guys here have experience with it? or any tips? Am not talking about Tinder much rather about sth more long term Always thought to myself I would only try it as my last resort but in the current situation there's not really an other option to get to know girls, not gonna talk to one at the grocery store lol Thanks mens
2020-05-29 17:39
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Czech Republic Vikingfjord
DONT
2020-05-29 17:40
3 replies
why do you think so?
2020-05-29 17:40
1 reply
you will end up in the circle of virtual dating and world its kinda depressing sometimes
2020-05-30 00:12
+1
2020-05-29 23:57
online dating is like bull's ear. near to the horn but far from the ass
2020-05-29 17:42
5 replies
haahahahaaaahahaa i loved it
2020-05-29 17:44
lmao
2020-05-29 17:44
lmaooooooooooooooo
2020-05-29 19:04
lmaoi You're a genius man
2020-05-29 19:28
lol wtf
h4rn | 
Bulgaria filmar
"Am not talking about Tinder much rather about sth more long term" don't talk about long term relantionship unless the girl asked you
2020-05-29 17:42
1 reply
you might unfortunately be right
2020-05-29 17:45
"Am not talking about Tinder much rather about sth more long term" so you want to slide in the DM's?
2020-05-29 17:45
4 replies
more or less lol just hope to find sth more than a one time thing or even just to get to know someone
2020-05-29 17:46
3 replies
I think tinder > DM's, because on tinder they have to be interested in you aswel. Most girls on tinder are looking for something serious. You can start chatting and if the vibe is there you can get to know each other better.
2020-05-29 17:50
2 replies
Yes you're right, I've got many female friends and what I heard from them is much rather that theyre creeped out when a guy they dont even know and never met keeps on texting them through insta or whatever :D Especially in germany there're some other dating apps that are especially for relationsships like lovoo don't know if you heard of it before or if its common in other countries aswell
2020-05-29 17:54
1 reply
No sorry don't know it, I only use tinder for hookups.
2020-05-29 17:55
I dunno what you count as online dating but I've been in a long distance relationship , we never saw eachother and had a 6 months relationahip so you can count it as online dating. It was fine , there was no jelaousy from either side , we talked and face timed. In the end we broke up since it just wasn't it.No intimate times , no sex and all that kind of stuff , sexting was fun for a month but we just got fed up with it. In the end we both agreed to a mutual break up.Looking back at it there was no love in there what so ever. For reference I was 19 as well and she was 17.
2020-05-29 17:47
6 replies
F
Sorry for you but understandable, long distance relationships just can't hold forever in my experience, there's just something missing just as you explained it Am more talking about online apps or sites to get to know girls as a replacement for trying to get or meet girls at party, events or clubs (even if the last one in my experience never works lol)
2 replies
It's been a year since , didn't really get me all that much but it took about 15 days to recover from it. I don't really know much about hook ups from dating sites. Partys and clubs work only if you want to hook up a blowjob , sex in the bathroom or a hotel room if you are on a trip. But if you want something serious , just have a friend introduce you to someone with similar mindset , worked for me.
1 reply
thats what I was hoping for at the beginning of the year but for once as you might realize its unfortunately not a real option right now Also I feel like I haven't been around the right friends for that, once its literally been the other way around, I've been talking to a girl and they literally went to that girl and told her to stay away from me because "she'd regret it", nothing I could do about it after that, am still really pissed of that guy, propably just said it bc the "friend" of me and the girl were friends, don't wanna interpretate more into it
2020-05-29 17:58
 | 
Europe Ufasas
people at this age, i think break up 30 times per minute
2020-05-29 19:21
1 reply
Not everyone does , no.
2020-05-29 22:10
 | 
Italy NotNew
" Am not talking about Tinder much rather about sth more long term" I know people that found their gf on tinder, it's mostly for occasional hookups but you can find someone that wants a long term relationship, they usually state it in their profile
2020-05-29 17:46
3 replies
You're right might concider it, but tbh I partially shyed away from it 1 or 2 of my friends are on tinder and constantly are being made fun of when screenshots of their profiles circulate around groupchats etc when females that know them get their profile But might be an option as you said :D
2020-05-29 17:51
2 replies
KIll the whores for their acts.
2020-05-29 17:53
1 reply
Will do thanks for advice!
god dude, im so happy that i got my gf right before high school. if i had waited one more year i would have to be doing shit like this and probably die a virgin me being me. oi mate dont know whats goin on in your shits but best of luck!
1 reply
Lol feel you,thanks!
2020-05-29 17:52
I would also like to know. And I'm afraid to approach girls IRL cuz no confidence
4 replies
I understand your pain.
2020-05-29 17:53
You have to break the ice. Try aproaching someone with a group of friends just to see that it isn't really a big deal. Or just have someone introduce you to a female friend of theirs.
2020-05-29 17:57
1 reply
If they're surrounded by friends it's even scarier
2020-05-30 15:17
 | 
Korea LarryB
just be normal. if the girl u wanna be lovers or friends with someone doesn't like the way u really are it is just retarded why are you even with her xd. girls are not aliens speak to them humanly dont force jokes dont try to be funny just be you.
2020-06-02 20:48
PM me. 🥰🥰
2020-05-29 17:51
1 reply
bruh no homo but ok <3
2020-05-29 17:52
Who cares? Why do you feel the need to date? You're only 19, just be a loner.
3 replies
Just don't feel comfortable being alone anymore, feel like I'm missing out on sth, all my friends got girlfriends, are in relationships, I've just unsucessfully "ran" after girls my entire life without really trying bc I was too shy. Since the beginning of the year I moved out from my parents home and now I'm all day alone in my appartment(except from meeting my friends occasionally) and wish I'd have a girl that I love to spend the time with
2020-05-29 18:01
2 replies
You could always make some friends. Maybe you just don't feel comfortable enough in your own skin to be on your own. Sounds like other issues honestly.
2020-05-29 20:24
the first part of your reply seemed to me like you may just be chasing the idea of having a girlfriend, you know, some relationships work like that when you are very young - you want a girlfriend because you would be considered cool, but then you notice that the girlfriend is an actual person and it all changes, you have to learn how to be with a person on such a deep level. Of course you are 19 so a few years older than what i'm talking about, but the point is - it's good to ask yourself questions regarding your motives. regarding online dating - i haven't tried but i'm skeptical - it seems superficial
2020-05-30 00:02
my dad met my stepmother on match.com almost two decades ago, they have two kids together and are still happily married of course, they were both married once before so I think they both knew what they wanted in a relationship because of that...
no it sucks she can fawk your mind but you cant fawk her cunt => she is satisfied, you are not
1 reply
Thats at least half way to my goal
2020-05-29 18:01
Seriously now. I met my first gf on facebook. It was a long distance relationship (I'm not Icelandic if you're wondering) for a while but we were close enough to meet. If you are in Germany, where transportation is effective and everywhere, you can have some luck. Best of luck to you.
2020-05-29 17:56
31 replies
Understandable, understand what you were feeling about :) Am living in one of the biggest cities in Germany in a one room appartment on my own right now so feel like this is a good opportunity as I'm not with my parents in the middle of nowhere anymore
2020-05-29 18:03
30 replies
Good luck, my friend. Find your love and be happy. It's worth having someone of value in your life. Unfortunately, I don't know what is that anymore.
2020-05-29 18:04
29 replies
Why is that if I might ask?
2020-05-29 18:06
28 replies
Isolated, ugly, autistic, depressed, schizophrenic, can't work so I live with my mom, no confidence as I'm 20kg below the ideal weight, don't know how to talk properly, don't know how to communicate with people at all, I have nothing to say other than complaints about how shitty life is, afraid of being happy because I'll be thrown in sadness again like everything, afraid of people betraying and leaving me, as it happened countless times, etc etc. The last girls I met was also far way, but this time, tooooooooooo far away, most beautiful girl I've ever seen, the sweetest, most caring, loving, but decided to break up to start a new life, it was love at first sight from both sides. Oh man, 6 years later and I'm still in love with her and it hurts unimaginably. There's nothing I can do about it. At least I got a friend in Czech Republic I'm sure will not stop talking to me. At this point I just want to stay away from everyone regarding romantic relationship. I'm tired of getting hurt by people I thought would not do that.
2020-05-29 18:15
27 replies
I'm sorry, I really feel you :/ Think it would be too easy to sit here at the other half of the world to give you tips from here as I don't really know your situation. I've also been through bad times, The only thing I could tell you is just to work on yourself, its the only thing you can change with certainity. A good start often is the Gym. there are just too many variables in life that you cant influence yourself, but one is still sad about it, I know it for myself. Just really wish you the best!
2020-05-29 18:25
15 replies
Gym? No, can't gain weight and I'm shy as fuck. I will never show up in public.
2020-05-29 19:02
14 replies
I feel like you are baiting.
2020-05-29 19:16
13 replies
I am not. I wish nothing of this was true, but, unfortunately, it is all true. I'm cursed.
2020-05-29 19:16
12 replies
Why do you have such confidence to expose yourself here?
2020-05-29 19:17
11 replies
Idk. I'm being simple here just sharing with him the reasons to what I said.
2020-05-29 19:18
10 replies
Do you love your mom?
2020-05-29 19:19
9 replies
Yes, absolutely. Best mom someone could ever ask for.
8 replies
But do you tell her that you love her? Do you thank her when she does something for you? Or these acts just stay in your mind?
2020-05-29 19:20
7 replies
They just stay in my mind. I am the least communicative and talkative person you will ever see.
2020-05-29 19:20
6 replies
You care too much about what other people think about you, that is one of your problems. Start by thanking her when she does some favor for you and tell her that you love her before you go to sleep, wish her good night. Things will start to be normal and natural. And I hope you are not baiting...
2020-05-29 19:23
5 replies
I tried and can't do that, believe me. And yes, I am aware that I care waaaaaay too much about what people think of me, and a true reason why I decided to just not use real flag and not talk to people on servers anymore. Luckily, I actually found some good friends on Steam who I can tell everything I feel and think.
2020-05-29 19:24
4 replies
Your mom probably make you too comfortable, you are really learning when you leave your comfort zone, does your mom control you a lot? Or used to control you? Does she cooks for you? Does she drives for you? What else she does for you? Do you work?
2020-05-29 19:27
3 replies
No, she does not control me too much. She is kinda ok with what I do, even if I stay on the computer for countless hours. She's giving me my space. Yes she cooks for me most of the time but we are a family here in this house, along with her bf and my brother so that's expected. Sometimes, I cook food for myself. I don't work or drive due to an extreme phobia of responsibility and failing. It's so much I can't even decide what to eat sometimes because of the phobia, it has affected me for my whole life.
2020-05-29 19:31
2 replies
Go to a psychologist if you didn't go yet. You are not living life in the right way mate, really, going to a psychologist is the first step. One more thing, you are learning when you fail, don't be afraid to fail, fail is the best teacher. Start to not give a fuck about what others think about you, embarass yourself in front of them to see what happens.
2020-05-29 19:34
1 reply
First step for a better life is moving out of this shithole third world country.
2020-05-29 23:51
 | 
Europe Ufasas
stop being idiot, meet 100 girls, and you forget that shit first love, after 20 girls you made friends with, you will come back to this post, and tell yourself, you right ufasas, i was a tard
2020-05-29 19:26
10 replies
Nah, I'm good. I don't really want to forget. She and I are still very good friends to this day and talk everyday so I'm good with it. It still affects me in a way nowadays but nothing too serious. The last one I had tho, that's the one I think will affect for me a long time.
9 replies
 | 
Europe Ufasas
"100 girls", go
8 replies
What would you suggest for me to achieve that? Did you even read what I wrote?
2020-05-29 19:31
7 replies
 | 
Europe Ufasas
"don't want forget", and "will affect for me a long time." those stuck in my head, I would kill those words in vocabulary, and when quarantine drops, go out to city centre and everywhere where girls sit, browse their phones, chat with friends, and interrupt them, break the silence, and make hundred of friends-girls, stop overthinking, and just learn to enjoy time with different types of girls, you will see what to fix, when you start making mistakes every time, after 100 times, you be near perfect, it's just a journey, to a better self, you won't be perfect anyway, cause you will meet a girl who will think you are too perfect, and might still not like you, haha, just focus on yourself becoming better
2020-05-29 19:40
6 replies
Once I move to a better city, i will think of going out, actually, but just for walks or sitting somewhere to breathe. The problem is that I get nervous to even talk to my mom and people "close" to me even online, I can't imagina approaching a girl. They make me really nervous as I'm ugly as fuck. So many people laughed at me my whole life for my incredibly ugly look. I have low beauty standards so I would definitely be satisfied (regarding looks) with a bland average girl, because even them for me are gorgeous.
2020-05-29 19:45
5 replies
 | 
Europe Ufasas
you don't use it for your confidence build, so you stay forever ugly in the mind, i would use it for a comeback, people actually giving you chance to build confidence, but you don't come back with anything verbally at them, maybe you would even make a friend, if you respond with confidence, it doesn't even matter what, but confidence must show up
2020-05-30 21:45
4 replies
I need plastic surgery for my amazingly huge cheeks which make my face look like an ass. But, like I said. Maybe soon I'll be moving to a good city in my country and I'll see what I can do. I could start with exercises at home first, I definitely won't be going to a gym, ever, I prefer to do it at home.
2020-05-30 22:29
3 replies
 | 
Europe Ufasas
Sure, hope you get good journey, it will definitely be fun, if you don't feel nervous while approaching, then it means you won't improving, and later you won't care, it will be just as waking up every morning
2020-05-31 22:01
2 replies
Like I said, I get nervous even talking to my mom lol. I will definitely not be approaching girls irl. Online? Maybe. I always think I am bothering people and girls are tired of guys all over them all the time.
2020-05-31 22:05
1 reply
 | 
Europe Ufasas
that's why you never get out of your shell, never improve, never get what you want, never put yourself in a better position, always surrender to pressure, and let everyone walk over you, there's too little time to feel below everyone, this is pussy mentality, to feel weak, you are not female, stop this weakening, god sake, everyone will put pressure, either passive or active, you won't see it at first, but you will react, and how you react, will change your mentality, fuck physical appearance, it's about mental state, you want feel confident, everyone's already shitting their pants through life, remember some are even less confident than you, confidence is changeable, physics maybe less, but confidence can be increased to the point where people are pissed that they are not that confident like you could be, without confidence don't even step out of room, buy coffin, sit in, and never open it.. Learn several topics to talk about, talk to everyone, find who wants to talk, develop more topics, learn social techniques, learn interesting topics, cut the bullcrap topics, engage groups, become center of attention, until it will be like waking up in the morning, like breathing, when you breathe, you don't get nervous for some reason? do you ? so go where you are nervous, until you get over it, if you not nervous, you don't improve, i told that countless times
2020-06-02 20:24
Online dating can be fine, but there is some things to remember. 1. Women will be getting a lot of unsolicited approaches - a lot. 2. Be honest, but also make sure to flash your flaws what ever they may be, that is for when you've made contact and are getting to know each other better. 3. Many will have multiple flirts going on at one time. 4. Due to 1 and 3 you may find someone just ghosting you for no real reason. 5. Do not wait too long until going for a meet in real life. 6. Be safe, tell someone you trust about the meet and look out for your self - if something seems odd it is odd and walk away. Don't waste your time being the second guy or something.
2020-05-29 17:56
1 reply
Thanks for your tips, will remind them thanks a lot!
 | 
Other mekkicsgo
90% of the girls on tinder and any other dating app are there for egoboosting purpose, you wont get any girl unless you are super-model looking dude
2020-05-29 17:57
 | 
Portugal MCDOUG
My young friend, don't worry about girls and relationships. It's all about confidence, they will come. When you get around 28, start thinking about long term, you'll probably settle with a girlfriend before that in any case. Objectives: 1 - Get experience - Level Up - Go to the gym, use Tinder, meet girls at clubs/bars etc; 2 - Travel - Ibiza, Barcelona, Lagos, Hvar - Have fun, meet girls, sex them, rejoice with friends, repeat the next day; 3 - Eventually, in one of your adventures, you'll find someone with the same interests as you, the sex will occur more with that same person, probably a girlfriend material, enjoy, but be careful, the sister will try to sex you too. Don't do drugs
2020-05-29 17:58
1 reply
Thanks for your advice! Hope the current situation will be gone in some time so I can fulfill it :)
2020-05-29 18:10
i dont consider myself good lookin but im always fun at parties and i also talk to girls like they are my homies. just be urself mate, have a giggle have fun. its not that hard.
1 reply
Youre right, thanks! Same tactic for me, sometimes more, more times less successful^^ Unfortunately will propably take some time until parties return thought about doing sth else as a result of that
2020-05-29 18:12
 | 
Netherlands toothpaste
Mans]] keep ur calendars offline
2020-05-29 18:19
Online dating is so weird. I met a woman at an online sex/dating site who was 48 years old. We just met up, had coffee and went for a long walk. Twice actually. You can meet some weird folks on those sites. Best advice I ever got was "Jerk off before you log on". Don't go there all horny. It makes guys sound so dumb and basic. Go there when you're in a good mood and can crack a joke or two. But not when your mind is begging you for sex. Good luck mate. You'll find someone. Just be yourself.
2020-05-29 18:19
2 replies
Ok definitely not what I'm looking for lol But still thanks for the second tip hahhaa
2020-05-29 18:26
1 reply
Man.... Dating is less about nailing a girl and more about learning how to charm women. Take everything as an experience whether she is 48, 35, 22 or whatever. Just work those social skills and make them feel comfy. Once you nail that you can get any woman you want.
2020-05-29 18:28
asking the numer one virgin community on the internet about dating advice lmao 😂😂
2020-05-29 18:25
3 replies
Even tho its kinda true you shouldnt underestimate HLTV, have posted many questions around the topic and the topic love is literally the only that gets replied a lot and seriously on this page haha
2020-05-29 18:27
2 replies
i think it's better to just try it instead of asking, people will have very different experiences
2020-05-29 18:28
1 reply
You're right if i think about it lol
2020-05-29 18:29
If looking for long term, tinder isn't recommended, though you would find exceptions that turned out to be long term. Just carry on with your life, you will eventually find your sweetheart. Don't be desperate to find one. Work towards your life goals, you are still young, chill and hang out with your friends. Though you can have fun with tinder girls
2020-05-29 18:35
1 reply
hope so :) Thank you!
2020-05-29 18:43
 | 
Europe Ufasas
no online dating succeeded, i quit online dating for life, so you should too, to save time , bro, cause it will be painful if you don't
Online Dating is a waste of time, most of girls are really picky. if you are good-looking then ok you surely will get bunch of girls to have fun with otherwise well.. you already know the answer. I would suggest you try go out often or then if you want use online dating try to be straight with girls bcs they recieve a lot of messages and don't ever think you will be chosen !
bruhhh Don't if you have any self-decency. /close
2020-05-29 19:40
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside
never used online dating or dated anyone but its a hookup service for swingers and or a place for desperate people looking for friends
2020-05-29 23:53
If you want sex go on tinder
2020-05-29 23:53
 | 
Belgium lil_vodka
Dude u are sooo desperate ur only 19 calm the fuck down keep ur hormons together kekw
2020-05-29 23:56
 | 
Norway de1ka
RELATIONSHIPS ARE OVERHYPED
2020-05-29 23:56
I dont want to break it to you but you will have little success finding a high quality woman on tinder let alone in real life. Online dating is more for people who are looking for a hookup or a casual-open relationship. And as an ugly or average looking guy your chances perish as its all about superficial value that you can provide for these girls(Looks, money, status, height), no way to let your charm and personality play to get a girl to like you, espcially since the competition is high and she is already speaking to 100s of other men. I would recommend you to look into yourself and observe all the qualities that you have and what needs fixing, since as a high quality man you can be entitled to date high quality women who are more reliable and fun in a long term relationship. You wont find your dream lady in the nightclub at 2 am so I would recommend you to sign up for some club or activity where you can meet new people and potentially meet your next girlfriend. Hope this helped king, its on you now 🗿
2020-05-30 00:13
1 reply
Thanks for the advice bro))
2020-05-30 02:44
I would try it but would not expect much Even if you get matched they may not even reply
2020-05-31 22:10
1 reply
Ofc they are gonna reply. Some are even gonna message first. All depending on the looks, ofc :)
2020-05-31 22:27
Honestly dont worry 2 much about it. Tinder is fine. You can also find serious relationsships there, i did btw. But you might end up going out with many girls before you find someone special.
2020-05-31 22:29
bro if youre average looking guy dont go for tinder. because that app eventually will slower ur self esteem. even if youre good looking guy but make sure you have high quality photos to use because so many good looking guys out there but their photos is just bad
2020-06-02 20:33
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.