Thread has been deleted
Last comment
The Loud and Stupid
EliGE | 
United States theempatheticpeacemaker 
They're loud and very angry. They're preaching war chants in the name of the symbol behind the movement. The names and circumstances don't typically matter as much with the delusional ones, if the barebone simple facts vaguely associate with the movement's vision, they'll throw their weight behind it. Some people are smarter and can devise meaningful dialogue on both sides, but there a lot of delusional people in this world, in and out of America. We just know how to get the message over the ocean int he most efficient and telegraph manner possible, and the outrage mobs ensue. Context rarely matters much with this group compared to raw, circumstantial and superficial details. Trends matter only if they play into their confirmation bias. They think anecdotal evidence is a reflection on our wider society, mistakenly believing negative events like this, while still absolutely shitty and reprehensible, compose a trend of wildly increasing police violence. Don't get me wrong, he DID deserve jail time and he was a fucking idiot. Nothing will change that in my mind. FYI he was charged with third degree murder in court. Justice has been served to him. Never forget to read reputable news sources. You could turn into a fanatic with little control of your emotional well-being while talking about these subjects. I refuse to make a political statement on the subject. This is more of a PSA to everyone to stay alert for disinformation and media manipulation. American news outlets are extremely deceptive and work very hard to earn your clicks and impressions. Have you ever WONDERED why American news is so widespread? I've mentioned this several times, but we have the largest and most influential entertainment and news industries across the globe. I earned a great degree in journalism, a masters in interactive media and work at a digital marketing firm. I specialize in tracking user data across a variety of metrics and programming new ways to increase user traffic across online websites. I can see exactly what elements they have in their toolboxes to use against people, and we study human behavior on a granular level. Cambridge Analytica is being used as an ideal model to estimate human behavior on every level. Many companies have adopted that. Understand that this is not a wider reflection on our society, and I'm sorry you've been fooled by deceptive news articles. It's a chase for money via your clicks and ad impressions. I, and probably most everybody in the media, absolutely condemn what the police officer did. It was reprehensible. But we can reasonably conclude that the tremendous international backlash from this is because of the dramatic increase in this tragedy's attention caused by the media's insidious manipulation of social channels (both social media and news media can be blamed for complimentary reasons).....for cash and increased online activity on their platforms. In times of crisis, they're always there to answer who what, when, where, why, and how. They give live updates by the minute. They give recaps. Names, stories, interviews with family, friends, protesters, "analysts", everyone who smelled the victims asshole while they were having sex two years ago. Anything to add to the story. TL;DR: The three pillars of journalism are: content must be newsworthy, timely, and relevant. This checks all three of those boxes. Whether it's common or not can be left out, and the deluded will still be outraged and draw their own conclusions since it doesn't fall into their confirmation bias or under under those three pillars. Sorry for the rant. I'm stoned right now. I'm just gonna post this without proofreading it, fuck it :D <3 you all
2020-05-30 08:49
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
What is this ?
2020-05-30 08:50
Have you tried reading it?
2020-05-30 08:53
I did and I liked it. Did you write it ?
2020-05-30 08:57
Thanks! Yes I did
2020-05-30 08:57
Nice. I wish I was able to express my thoughts into a long, well writen text. Did you learn it or is it natural for you ?
2020-05-30 09:10
I don't remember life being much different in terms of how I genuinely describe my life and opinions. Does that sound like bragging? Sorry if it does. I'm also a bit stoned, and I smoke to ease my anxiety since that helps me express myself more openly. So when I do get stoned, I usually go off on long rants like this. It's like I'm emotionally decompressing
2020-05-30 09:16
 | 
Netherlands Pyreau 
To long didnt read, but by the opening sentence I get what you are trying to say and I agree. Nice essay
Thanks I guess
2020-05-30 08:53
 | 
North America retard2k 
You posted this thinking we are gonna read all this?
Absolutely not. The people on here have the attention span of a moth. But I would appreciate it if you did :)
2020-05-30 08:52
Tldr
2020-05-30 08:51
It literally says tldr in the text
2020-05-30 08:52
Bump
2020-05-30 09:10
So journalism sucks ? They manipulate people go crazy ovee profit, not surprised, its cancer world we live in. Its hard to understand some not so bright people, are people still rioting after the arrest
2020-05-30 09:23
Bad journalism sucks. Good journalism is what you want to read. There are good media news outlets, and it's so important to follow those. Here, use this: mediabiasfactcheck.com/ Funny that these guys also use a bunch of ads, but I consider their grading scale, analysis and reviews to be very objective
2020-05-30 09:39
Yeah its very objective to place Quillette which, for example, writes about polyamory[1] and criticizes many conservatives like Candace Owens[2][3] to almost a far-right point, just because of some pro-conservative articles. I kinda understand why the founder got pissed here[4], as a classical liberal I am really tired of people who say that I'm far-right merely because I don't believe, for example, in affirmative action and hate speech concept. [1] quillette.com/2019/10/29/polyamory-is-gr.. [2] quillette.com/2018/05/08/problem-candace.. [3] quillette.com/2020/04/20/candace-owens-i.. [4] twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1145439728.. Here is the claim of Mediabiascheck: "This article also talks at length about IQ differences between whites and blacks and WHILE NOT DEFINITIVELY STATING IT, repeats over and over that genetics are a factor in racial IQ differences (hereditarianism, which is a pseudoscientific viewpoint)." And here is the article: quillette.com/2019/01/25/how-real-is-sys.. "While not definitely stating it" - wtf kind of analytic is it? The iq part of the article just talks about heritability of IQ, yeah it's very sensitive topic I'd avoid, but it has nothing to do with "pseudoscience" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ I love their page about Reuters btw, it's interesting how they forgot to add any note about Reutersgate, literally one of the biggest scandals of 2006 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reutersgate Don't take me wrong, Reuters' reports are mostly factual and Quillette have their bias, but so do any self-described "fact checkers".
2020-05-30 12:09
Also yeah, it seems like the riots are still happening. I wish people could be more peaceful.
2020-05-30 09:41
Read it, agree with all of what you said. It's utterly ridiculous how the uneducated just read a headline and think "Right, you know what would be a good solution? Destroying houses and shops in the community, that'll show em!" It's a shame really. I do have strong feelings that the idiots should all just be allowed to hack at each other and raise the average IQ of the population each time one unfortunately passes on. But to be sensible, you have to encourage an intelligent minority ethnic with some following to talk about the topic and calm the masses. The thugs (of which there are all races I'm sure including white) won't listen to you if you're white - because they'll automatically think you're trying to defend racists, which is a bit ironic. Can you maybe link articles from reputable sources, that could help support the content of your post.
2020-05-30 09:27
I can but I'm on mobile at the moment. I will tomorrow or Sunday when I have time. I'll even reply to you so you can get notified when I find them 👍
2020-05-30 09:48
Great :D
TL DR
2020-05-30 09:42
Read the end of the post. Otherwise, the media is exploiting the outrage for clicks and views. Basically the whole world is getting clickbaited by the riots and murder
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
its late, head hurty
2020-05-30 09:57
NVM
2020-05-30 10:05
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
nevermind apparently you are a journalist so it makes to write something so long.
2020-05-30 09:57
Yeah, I studied that for years. What I said is not unheard of in my line of work
2020-05-30 10:02
can I steal this thanks
2020-05-30 10:00
Only if you give me your opinion on it :) more than just "it was good ty" gimme something logical
2020-05-30 10:03
What more can I say besides I agree? The same journalists peddling news that keeps Americans on edge and questioning our own moralities will be the same reason for discourse tomorrow. Democracy died when news stopped being news and become op-eds twisting events into political drivel. These same journalists will be surprised when their party loses. These same journalists will be surprised when protestors arrive at their doorstep, (a la CNN Atlanta) realizing that identity politics is pretty obvious. Or maybe that was just another stop on a mob that resembles more of an angry stampede than anything. The same people on social media too peddling discourse and stirring the pot are those who stand to lose the most if revolution occurs. Its all fun and games until it arrives at your doorstep, and you realize you contributed to it yourself.
2020-05-30 10:06
if this doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm sorry mens its 4:00 AM I have many thoughts on this that I can't really put into words but it boils down to mob mentality bad, imagine voting based on a party and not individual beliefs
2020-05-30 10:07
No worries. I'm also super tired. I'll read this when I have a second sometime this weekend and give you a proper response. Until then, have a nice evening!
2020-05-30 10:13
Truth, man.. Though I'm of the opinion that some publications are parasitical in nature. They cause confusion in their readership and survive.. because of that very same confusion. I mean you can keep slinging shit for so long until someone slings it back at you.
2020-05-30 10:18
The reason the big news companies are so big are from this parasitic nature. At some point they realized they can manufacture the very discourse they profit off of. I'm all for freedom of speech, I love my country at the end of the day (flag inaccurate lol), but wow if there aren't stupid people in it.
2020-05-30 10:20
Well, MSM is already failing. Less and less people are willing to listen to what the big news are saying. People expect hearing half-truths. So there's little hope.
2020-05-30 10:23
the main stream media and "journalism" is just trying to distract people with "shocking" news, murders deaths and everything possible bad news in general they are also doing a good job at keeping people terrorized: more often than not the interviewer is in the middle of nowhere but hes still wearing a mask, guess why, shocking value
2020-05-30 10:02
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
entirety of jouranlistic media in the USA is about stimulation through fear or otherwise, americans who haven't read books and can't sit still without their phones for several hours straight need the nonstop stimulation and if the news cannot provide it will be fabricate or misconstrue facts to provide that.
2020-05-30 10:04
this extends to italy as well and i wouldn't be shocked if it's literally the same worldwide
2020-05-30 10:06
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
most of the (((people))) who own american media also operate multiple media companies in the USA and all over the world. Especially in the anglosphere and europe
2020-05-30 10:57
u mean the illuminati?
2020-05-30 11:00
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
no the long nose merchants
2020-05-30 11:01
same thing
2020-05-30 12:10
people only know about this case because he's black. I wonder if the same would happen if he's hispanic or asian or even white. maybe the media wouldn't even care at all. I remember when the whole ISIS thing broke loose, they picture it as if they claim Muslims are mostly terrorists from a normal person's standpoint, probably to insert fear and get clicks but in turn cause some attacks in the community. I can't remember anything else but fuck bad journalism in general Anyways people are saying that he should be charged with first degree murder. Also I heard that the murderer used to work with George. is that true?
2020-05-30 10:18
Live in New York, there are a bunch of kids from NYU about to be expelled for the very same comment you made. Of course they were a lot more crude because they were in a private group chat that got leaked, but it really does beg the question.
2020-05-30 10:23
dang. I don't live in America so I guess I'm lucky that I can get away with the truth. Done get me wrong, Derek deserves to get jailed for life or even hung and imo maybe first degree murder is possible but it's a fact that the media abuses the black lives matter thing when it could be just a friendship issue because I heard that they've known each other before. he's killed other blacks and Hispanics before. 12 charges and no jailtime? wtf? and none got reported on the media as much as this
2020-05-30 10:30
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
Can you link to the NYU thing sounds interesting
2020-05-30 10:58
damn I had a full link, but my group chat recently wiped itself. Just google NYU Lambda Phi Epsilon
2020-05-30 11:03
the worst part is I know a bunch of the people involved, and more asians within the same communities. Most of the shit said was out of frustration. And again, within a private chat. But hey, throw everyone to the twitter lynch mob
2020-05-30 11:04
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside 
lambdaphiepsilon.com/statement-on-nyu-ch.. is this the incident in question?
2020-05-30 11:07
yes
2020-05-30 11:08
/to be closed ADMIN
2020-05-30 10:21
Nobody can stop me. I am Johnathan E's long lost twin brother 😎😎😎
2020-05-30 10:33
They're loud and very angry. They're preaching war chants in the name of the symbol behind the movement. The names and circumstances don't typically matter as much with the delusional ones, if the barebone simple facts vaguely associate with the movement's vision, they'll throw their weight behind it. Some people are smarter and can devise meaningful dialogue on both sides, but there a lot of delusional people in this world, in and out of America. We just know how to get the message over the ocean int he most efficient and telegraph manner possible, and the outrage mobs ensue. Context rarely matters much with this group compared to raw, circumstantial and superficial details. Trends matter only if they play into their confirmation bias. They think anecdotal evidence is a reflection on our wider society, mistakenly believing negative events like this, while still absolutely shitty and reprehensible, compose a trend of wildly increasing police violence. Don't get me wrong, he DID deserve jail time and he was a fucking idiot. Nothing will change that in my mind. FYI he was charged with third degree murder in court. Justice has been served to him. Never forget to read reputable news sources. You could turn into a fanatic with little control of your emotional well-being while talking about these subjects. I refuse to make a political statement on the subject. This is more of a PSA to everyone to stay alert for disinformation and media manipulation. American news outlets are extremely deceptive and work very hard to earn your clicks and impressions. Have you ever WONDERED why American news is so widespread? I've mentioned this several times, but we have the largest and most influential entertainment and news industries across the globe. I earned a great degree in journalism, a masters in interactive media and work at a digital marketing firm. I specialize in tracking user data across a variety of metrics and programming new ways to increase user traffic across online websites. I can see exactly what elements they have in their toolboxes to use against people, and we study human behavior on a granular level. Cambridge Analytica is being used as an ideal model to estimate human behavior on every level. Many companies have adopted that. Understand that this is not a wider reflection on our society, and I'm sorry you've been fooled by deceptive news articles. It's a chase for money via your clicks and ad impressions. I, and probably most everybody in the media, absolutely condemn what the police officer did. It was reprehensible. But we can reasonably conclude that the tremendous international backlash from this is because of the dramatic increase in this tragedy's attention caused by the media's insidious manipulation of social channels (both social media and news media can be blamed for complimentary reasons).....for cash and increased online activity on their platforms. In times of crisis, they're always there to answer who what, when, where, why, and how. They give live updates by the minute. They give recaps. Names, stories, interviews with family, friends, protesters, "analysts", everyone who smelled the victims asshole while they were having sex two years ago. Anything to add to the story. TL;DR: The three pillars of journalism are: content must be newsworthy, timely, and relevant. This checks all three of those boxes. Whether it's common or not can be left out, and the deluded will still be outraged and draw their own conclusions since it doesn't fall into their confirmation bias or under under those three pillars. Sorry for the rant. I'm stoned right now. I'm just gonna post this without proofreading it, fuck it :D <3 you all
2020-05-30 10:27
TLDR TLDR
2020-05-30 11:07
You are the third person who's asked, and you're the third person I'll say this to: there's a tldr in the original post Basically,the news is clickbaiting the murder and riots everyone is hearing about and making things much worse for society in many ways
2020-05-30 11:09
I meant that the too long didn't read was too long to read so I didn't read it.
2020-05-30 18:55
2020-05-30 12:53
TIGER
TYLOO
Third Impact
Hyper
Syman
Illuminar
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.