Thread has been deleted
Last comment
AWP ist necessary
Roman R. | 
Germany Claymortis 
More and more people are nowadays claiming the awp is overpowered. Honestly I don't really understand where this is comming from, since the awp has always been arround, since the beginning of the game and it's balance was never in question. In 1.3 it even still had a crosshair unscoped. This was obviously nerfed, but since then the awp was always in the game without any complains until it was nerfed again in CSGO. The current version of the AWP is the weakest of all time and people are still complaining. So why is that? Is the AWP really overpowered? Well, directly compared to the other weapons it definitely is. However this depends very much on your level of skill. Its much easier for beginners to learn handeling the AWP to a decent dergree, than handeling rifles. Thats why this gun feels so overpowered for less experienced players. However the more you learn about the game and how to play it, the more you will learn how to neutralize the advantages of the AWP. That's exactly the beatuy of the AWP. It forces the opponent to act accordingly. To use utility, teamplay and gamesense. Without the AWP as it is, CSGO would merely be a run an gun shooter where the team with the best aim automaticly wins. If there was no awp, I probably wouldn't even by flashes or molotoves and just dry peek every angle in the game. If you really have problems with playing against AWPers, you most likely play alone all the time and thats not the way CSGO is ment to be played. I am not saying that you can always shut down an AWP completely. If shat was the case, we obviously wouldn't have players S1mple, Zywoo and SyrsoN. But the gun comes not without its limitations. As soon as you understand, how to take advantage of this limitations and how to make your opponent wish, he had anything but an AWP in a certain situation, you will see that the only overpowered thing in CSGO is not the AWP, but the perfect flashbang. TL;DR: Yes, the AWP is overpowered (compared to other weapons) but it needs to be to force correct utility usage and teamplay.
2020-06-19 09:23
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Russia nobody_cars
make it so in close range AWP does -95 in one shot men))
2020-06-19 09:28
So make it the only gun, that hits close range for less dmg than longe range? lol That doesn't even make sense mate :D
2020-06-19 09:30
 | 
Russia nobody_cars
but then if AWPer has trash position he gets punished ez
2020-06-19 09:31
I mean the velocity at which a round from a high calibre sniper travels, at close range it would do a lot less damage than at long range, granted it would still kill you if it was going through your head, chest etc. Slower rounds have a cavitation effect while they are turning inside of your body which basically causes the area where the bullet is to expand rapidly due to the energy from the bullet being rapidly dumped into the body. Yes the bullet would start losing velocity as soon as it leaves the gun and it will lose more faster as it travels further due to air resistance but the amount of energy that is used in firing the round compared to a rifle round, like the grain of the bullets is a lot.
2020-06-19 09:50
U sure about that? I'm no gun expert but i believe that the projectile starts losing velocity as soon as it leaves the barrel. Well i might be wrong, but it's not like realistic ballistics actually mater in the game right? :)
2020-06-19 09:42
sorry I edited my comment with more detail instead of writing a new comment and no ballistics do not matter at all in cs
2020-06-19 09:44
 | 
Brazil sakaaa
fast bullets are more likely to go through target and slower bullets tends to do more damage upon impact
2020-06-19 23:29
Good analysis,but these days teams are going for double awp setups it's disgusting.
2020-06-19 09:30
It's not like people just pull out the double AWP when they want. It comes off the back of a good economy and its expensive to maintain.
2020-06-19 09:45
True. Often enough going for double AWP setups can destroy your complete ct side. Yes it can be a powerful setup, but its a huge economic risk and a pure pain in the ass in after-plant situations.
2020-06-19 09:49
 | 
France Kabby
The awp is just great as it is, ppl who complain about it just don't know how to counter it
2020-06-19 09:32
"TL;DR: Yes, the AWP is overpowered (compared to other weapons) but it needs to be to force correct utility usage and teamplay."
 | 
France Kabby
yeah didn't saw it, that's why i edited my 1st comment as soon as I saw it my bad
2020-06-19 09:37
 | 
Vietnam Sooaside
Ok nothing incsgo is necessary half the guns are useless or flawed with no real purpose other than to sell skins
awp op against stupid 1 by 1 peaks from silver 2 that's right. but if you know how to flash or have a mate to taco... ähh bait it's easy
 | 
Russia nobody_cars
if you are a coldzera then you need someone to taco you yes men
2020-06-19 09:35
awp has gotten progressively overpowered because of indirect buffs and meta changes /closed
2020-06-19 09:36
It's literally one brazilian baiter
2020-06-19 09:37
correct but its still a faggot weapon which people use to try to use as a reason towards which they're good at cs, when in reality all they're capable of doing is holding an angle
2020-06-19 09:58
 | 
Netherlands tomjacky77
they need to buff it and make noscope fully acurate
2020-06-19 10:01
 | 
Finland FlNLAND
Not a single faceit lvl 10 player will say awp is overpowered. Why would anyone care what avg level players think of the game, whats op and whats not, they literally don't know that much about the game.
2020-06-19 10:04
why do you give examples like s1mple and zywoo? They are also beast with rifles. In fact s1mple said he doesn't want to awp, but no one else can do it well. Clearly he thinks he has more impact as a rifler.
2020-06-19 10:08
I didn't say they weren't good riflers and that was never the point. I gave examples for players that are exceptionally good with the AWP. The point was, that these players would obviously not be so dominant with the AWP if it was an easy task to shut down AWP players consistently.
2020-06-19 10:13
im saying they are dominant with or without the awp
2020-06-19 10:19
I know what you are saying and you are right. However it has nothing to do with the topic. I was explicitly talking about the AWP and not about players without the AWP. The fact that they are good riflers as well, has zero impact in this case.
2020-06-19 10:23
reducing rate of fire a little, it will get nerfed like that , 90% sure
2020-06-19 10:18
If Valve really thinks about nerfing the awp again, I will ask JAME to start a petition against it, so he can save the AWP one more time.
2020-06-19 10:21
 | 
Iran yashpashar
People who say the awp is op just dont know how to use it. 8/8 very good analysis)))
2020-06-19 10:26
I mean the awp has to be a bit op. If it wasn't then why would it cost 4750? It has to be a lot better than M4 and ak for people to even spend that extra 4750 to use the gun. Just look at the old negev or the m249. It is not only worst than the ak and m4 but it also cost more. That is why no one ever buys those guns unless you're trolling but people do buy the awp all the time. If it was harder to get kills with AWP than ak, AND it fucking cost more, who the fuck would buy that shit. It has to give you extra advantages for the extra investment. AWP is however unbalanced because AWPers can just keep using the awp without having to pay that full price. It is suppose to be a high risk high reward weapon, but everytime an AWPer dies and lose the awp, he can still use the awp next round without having to pay that 4750 again because a teammate can always pick it up for him after he dies. Thus he can just keep abusing the awp over and over and have all the same advantages without having to take the hit economically even if he fucking loses the gun and dies that round. That is why its unbalanced. If you want to get the advantages of the awp, you should pay 4750, but half the time awpers don't even have to pay jack shit to keep using it over and over.
2020-06-19 10:31
I get your point but don't think this is true. When an AWPers dies it will often enough not be one of his teammes who picks up the gun, but one of the opponents. I can't say which case is more likely, probably 50/50. But if the oppenent picks up the gun it's actually a completely free gun, which the enemy paid for.
2020-06-19 10:49
yes but the enemy killed the awper, the enemy had won that fight fair and square. i'd say he earned it at that point for actually pulling it off. However if we look at the awper's perspective. he fuckin lost that duel and died, but he still get rewarded and get to use it next round. The fuck how is that fair?
2020-06-19 10:56
Well it's not like you automaticly get a free AWP every round only because u bought it once. Your teammates have to save it first and thats not guaranteed right? Most likely the guy who killed the AWPer will pick it up and enjoy his free gun. I really don't see how that's unfair in any way. And if you play on european servers.... well if your russian teammate saves your awp after you died, it's pretty unlikely you will get it back at all lol.
2020-06-19 11:05
its not always guranteed of course, if the round was lost and all teammates died. In those cases it would be completely fair. It is pretty much always guranteed if the awper's team won that round, they'll be able to pick it up without any opponent to stop them because they'd all be dead. They would even sometimes delay the defuse to make sure that happens. And if they fail to pick it up, that would be fair as intended. Again it is fair for the enemy to pick it up since he did win that fight but when it happens the otherway around, the awper had lost the fight but still get to use it without any repercussion for losing that fight, next round.
2020-06-19 11:12
Well said! I totally agree
2020-06-19 10:51
2020-06-19 11:08
 | 
Germany jermens))
the only who says otherwise is that spamming braindead m... brazilian
2020-06-19 11:14
Most important thing in CSGO is saving AWP. If save AWP or win round then I save AWP, it is obvious. Next round I can get more kills and save again. AWP most dangerous gun. It is easy to 2 exit kills at end of every round. Sometimes 3 when some stupid noob try to knife me. I always top scoreboard & my noob team try to play objective. I reach Silver Elite Master soon.
2020-06-19 20:45
i just hate how it makes average players look better than they are
2020-06-19 20:47
Yes, but remember stats != impact in the server. It's much easier to get good stats with the AWP, however that doesn't mean that the impact follows. That's why so many tier 2 AWPers have really good stats but are utter shit when they first reach tier 1.
2020-06-19 23:30
Thats so true. 90% of the time I have negative or equal stats. I am never topfragging. Still i manage to win most of my games and its not because I am getting carried... I still win more games than the "carrys".
2020-06-19 23:33
It's all about the impact... now, it's fairly hard to generalize how impactful supports vs. carries are, that's why we need the eye test in addition to the stats to make an accurate assessment. I really dislike how many people on HLTV tend to say "player xyz is complete garbage" when they are the hard entry and not even given the opportunity to win aim duels. Same goes for "player zyx is the star player but he's baiting all the time" even though it is perfectly logical that the most individually skilled player on the team should have more than one opportunity at getting frags in each round. All in all, people just judge too quickly. Yes, some support players do not have the individual level to play in certain teams, some star players are set up too much and made look better than they actually are, but that certainly doesn't apply to everyone, yet people behave like there are only star & support players with nothing in between.
2020-06-19 23:49
How is an awp overpowered? Would be stupid to have a SNIPER require 2 shots. Might aswell buy the Scout if they nerf AWP. Quicker movement scoped in and requires 2 shot(1 in head through armor).
2020-06-19 23:32
 | 
Sri Lanka khorkalba
The AWP is economically balanced and adds another tactical layer to the game. The issue I have is that success in CS:GO isn't measured only on team wins. It's measured on individual performances too - whether it's MM ranks or HLTV MVP awards. So why should AWPers get such an easy path to individual success? Rather than nerfing the weapon and making noobs cry, I think there should be some sort of handicap so that 30 kills with the AWP isn't treated as equal to 30 kills with rifles. This should be applied in MM so that DMG-level players can't exploit the AWP so easily to get to Global Elite, and it should also be applied on HLTV so that AWPers don't dominate the MVP awards so much when players with much harder roles are technically performing at a much higher level.
2020-06-19 23:40
R!OT
Paradox
Project X
GamerS1337
Rooster
AVANT
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.