1. I pointed out the fact that he's a millionaire in order to reinforce the argument that he's probably done lots more in his life than you. Now I know I cant confirm this, but honestly, if you think you've done more with your life then Dr. J Peterson please tell me what you have done.
2. No he wasnt suicidal, and that article didnt say he was. You are implying that he went on benzodiazepine because he was chasing a high, thus becoming a drug addict, which is obviously not the case, he was prescribed it by the doctor in order to deal with the intense psychological effects of having a wife with terminal cancer. Literally anyone would do the same. Also, he hasn't been on them for months now. ' Supposing I have the key to your chains, why should your lock and my lock be the same?' -Neitzche
3. Your reductionist opinions on Dr. Peterson's views are pointless at best. You profess to know his views yet can you tell me how many of his books you have read? Could you sum up some views he puts forward within 'maps of meaning' or his self-help book '12 Rules for life'? Could you summarise for me any of Dr Peterson's arguments within the hundreds of hours of lecturing he has on Youtube? From Psychological assessments of personality to the psychological implications within biblical texts. From the analysis of 20th-century existential thought and literature to the critique of Freudian psychoanalysis and Kantian theories of the transcendent?
You coincidentally observe the most 'attackable' aspects of Jordan Peterson yet leave out the other 99% of work he's done.
4. 'All fans of his I’ve ever seen are 14yo kids to whom he makes sense' I suggest you look a little harder then, as I said, look at any of his lectures and tell me how many '14 edgy white kids' you see. You argue that He makes sense to 14-year-olds, I could probably explain an extremely brief and watered-down form of Freudian psychology to a 14-year-old and he would understand it, does this make Freud exclusively for kids? Thought not.
5. ' I have not seen a single fan of his who’s also not an alt-rightist'. 2.8 million youtube subscribers, sold out the 02 in London for a talk with Sam harris, has a best selling book. If you think the millions of people who like and respect Jordan Peterson are 'alt-rightists' then you are either lying, stupid, or haven't looked hard enough.
6. Show me where I've said that your opinion doesn't matter, and I will apologize. It does matter, just like everyone else's opinion.
7. Yes, I'd like to consider myself somewhat smart, Id wager that I probably attend a more prestigious university than yourself :)