Thread has been deleted
Last comment
The disconnect between online & reality
 | 
Australia eClipz-AU 
Writing this in light of what happened with Reckful. I’ve been playing online games since I was 17 and MoH:AA came out. Over the years, the internet and the gaming space in general has become a seriously toxic environment, and it’s become clear that there is a divide between morals online and in real life. I used to play CS:GO often and the community was so toxic that it began making me very bitter and I also became the worst version of myself & so toxic. These forums are riddled with a lot of shit posts, and we really need to turn a page and change. I don’t understand why everyone needs to chime in with garbage, pointless posts. RIP Reckful, let’s all try to be more respectful to eachother, positivity actually feels really good.
2020-07-03 03:46
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
then gtfo of online, neither you, the entirety of HLTV, or leftist media, or me can change it Adapt and overcome or get out If u start dedicating urself and spending most of ur time online where toxicity is normal then you either Cry Get used to it There is no changing it, it is what happens where u can say shit with no consequences and speak openly. And about positivity, you cant be positive to others if you arent already to yourself
2020-07-03 03:49
You completely missed the point
2020-07-03 03:52
its 4am then enlighten me i wont speedread again
2020-07-03 03:52
Getting used to it is exactly the problem, because by accepting the toxicity of online platforms as normal you become a more negative and bitter person as a result. That's why he is appealing to us users to be more respectful and mindful of each other. It doesn't have to be this way, people used to be more respectful on the internet 15 years ago. It also very possible to speak openly without spreading toxicity and negative energy, because most of the toxic shit people say really has no point, they just do it because they find it funny to make others mad. But op has a point that positivity can feel just as good, if not better. Of course you are not wrong that it's hard to be positive to others when you are miserable yourself, but the default negativity of the online environment is exactly what's leading to the bitterness of many people on here.
2020-07-03 04:06
just #15 and #21 People are just bad inside and when they are faced with the oportunity to talk shit without consequences or hate on people they will just do it, because its satisfying, because it feels good for them to bring someone to the ground. Also, talking shit is always funny and so is racism, lets not hide it. Positivity is OUT OF PLACE in the internet Well, maybe not in the entirety of the internet but in a lot of places it is and people here really know when to be dicks (80% of the time) and when to be nice (20%) of the time, when something bad happens to someone ppl here say: "F, sorry for you dude, get better" etc... When its about controversial topics or even teams, people that are right just feel superior, and get angered because "Wtf some random pleb is telling me that im wrong? But i ahve the proof here!" They spit their shitty arguments against each other and they both end up angry because, guess what, they are people, and they are doomed to hate each other Thats how i see it, i guess in the end its all about the POV, if you are having a happy life and some shit and you are not constantly thinking about nihilism or stupid shit like nothing matters like some retards here (even me, sometimes) then i guess you could try to "Spread your positivity" But you will be the ant against the elephant, since people like to vent out and hate on people like you because you dont think like them, you are too positive? How? Fuck off, "If you were in my position, or thinking the same way as me, theres no way you could be as happy, that makes me superior" They all think, and sometimes they are able to prove it. TLDR: People are bad and like to vent out in HLTV, especially on positive people since they are easy targets, people will always hate each other since they have arguments of their mentalities being "true" or "good" and will end up on endless cycles of discussion where they just end up hating each other Also racism and edgyness is funny, usually at least
2020-07-03 04:16
that drained all of my night energy, im actually angry now i have to go to sleep if u actually respond to this ill respond tomorrow
2020-07-03 04:17
 | 
United Kingdom dokunug
your literly proving the point.
2020-07-03 03:54
The internet is bitter in itself, im telling you, you either learn or get out, if you stay here with the "Everyone is nice and sunshine" mentality you are gonna end up badly
2020-07-03 03:55
 | 
United Kingdom dokunug
Im in dozens of groups, and many servers where people are nice. The problem isnt the people on the internet. The problem is that on forums, you see everyone persons posts. Thousands upon thousands of people. And out of those thousands of people, there are going to be a few dozens shitty people. And those are the people that stand out, becaus their posts shock people. People dont notice the nice, or normal posts, coz theyre so many, and theyre nothing special. The shit ones stand out. So we notice them more, and theyre in our heads more, and so they seem bigger and worse. Not saying they arnt still a problem, because they are. It up to each of us to genuinly be nice, and surrond ourselves on the internet with people we like, and trust. Forums let anyone post, even horrible people. Discord servers, group chats, friend lists, they dont. And all of those are full of "Internet People,"but theyre the nice ones.
2020-07-03 03:58
I dont come to HLTV to see a nice post The difference between level of posts is because of the people themselves Maybe one day you are feelin good and you actually say nice stuff, another day you are annoyed and you want to annoy people, another day you are angry and you spam n word. Why does what you say happen? Because people like it People like to see a dude saying his full blown out controversial opinion People like to see people make fun of each other People like to see people insulting each other and calling themselves shit (Monkey, burger, tea drinking (insult), Frog eater) People come to do that kind of stuff because, as i said, you can say anything here, and if you can really say anything, you end up with people mostly saying "bad" shit.
2020-07-03 04:03
 | 
United Kingdom dokunug
I mean... Spamming the N word, calling people monkeys, etc just because your angry... does make you a bad person. Being annoyed, or having a bad day DOESNT excuse racism and hate like that, its pretty simple. And again, it isnt most people, its a portion. Sure its not exactly a small portion ,but I would also strongly back, obviosuly no facts, pure guess work, that its not the majority, or even close to majority. Its just that those reactions, and types of posts stand out to people more, so they pay more attention ,and remember it more.
2020-07-03 04:07
People are just like that, they can act nice outside but when they are faced in situations where they can say anything with no consequences, they will say whatever the fuck they want, and thats these forums
2020-07-03 04:08
 | 
United Kingdom galaxyv2
people are cunts, it's not about the internet, people are just like this.
2020-07-03 03:50
After spending so much time online i started to think that people IRL are fake since they are being nice, do you really think people generally is this, or only people in the internet? Sincere opinion
2020-07-03 03:51
 | 
United Kingdom galaxyv2
I think people are actually just like this, the internet is just a platform that people can voice their closeted toxic mannerisms easier, anything is easier behind a screen, without a face or consequence they can act freely and purely and show deep down everyone is a cunt.
2020-07-03 03:59
Why did i honestly think i was the only one? They arent themselves outside because of respect and reputation, talking is easier behind a screen because no consequences, true.
2020-07-03 04:04
 | 
United Kingdom galaxyv2
yeah, I think I'm a cunt and I'd never talk shit to someone irl to the same extent I do online, honestly a lot of time I'm being toxic to respond to toxic comments or if I believe the person is stupid in my eyes. I'd never do that to a stranger unprovoked irl rather if someone annoys me in a game it's probably a different story.
2020-07-03 04:07
Say the wrong shit at the wrong time and the entirety of fucking Birmingham or smthing is gonna make fun of you, sad but thats how it is
 | 
United Kingdom galaxyv2
LMAO I'm used to verbal abuse at this point I've played online games for many years but most people in my town carry knives so I'd rather not say shit to their face lol.
2020-07-03 04:18
verbal abuse is not the point, you cant 1v3 irl like its CSGO xD
2020-07-03 12:11
 | 
Australia eClipz-AU
People can be somewhat fake but you cannot compare reality to online personas. Two different planes of existence.
2020-07-03 15:33
cry is free
2020-07-03 03:51
+1
2020-07-03 05:58
 | 
Argentina Berazategui
This is not true, Internet has always been "toxic" from the very beginnig, is just that as more "normies" got in...it became more and more scapist to the point where its now everywhere's secret 2nd life. My recommendation: Just be the exact same way you are in real life, if that becomes tiresome to you, is probably because you're a fake piece of shit in real life...change that, dont make an internet persona. Internet can be amazing if you're not a pussy.
2020-07-03 03:55
 | 
United Kingdom galaxyv2
going on the internet exposes yourself to new people i believe the nicest guy on earth wouldn't be able to go on the internet and get shit on by so many strangers a day and still come out nice at the end, but will still use that previous 'persona' irl.
2020-07-03 04:01
Well i guess the real life enviroment in which the individual in question comes from is highly relevant. The people and places i grew up in lead me to just always say what i mean, not hiding how i feel about anything and always tell the truth, it is true that a good amount of innocence gets lost as you get past 16 and you use internet and start talking with people all around the world, but in my case this made for more interesting exchanges with my real life people. Now being 23 after using the internet to a great extent for more than a decade i have changed somewhat but i still remain the exact same person you talk to online as in real life. I agree that the "nice guy" is open to accept that he can be very flawed, self improvement and self-challenging in ideas he didn't even know he had, for sure he will change (probably for the better) but i disagree that he will remain a "nice guy" persona in real life, as he'd feel guilty and weak for doing so...this doesn't mean you have to rekt every basic idiot you talk to in real life, as i have come to conclude that the best thing to do after you get past a certain level of culture and knowledge is to "hide your power level" hahahahaha , but don't have to put up a fake persona.
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
I'm the example of it. I always come out dry of this internet wasteland, many a guy hate me or dislike me, I hate none and always look in the future. Ha ha!
2020-07-03 04:28
 | 
Australia eClipz-AU
I disagree with the statement that the internet has always been toxic. When I played MoH:AA, Final Fantasy 10, you could always type in chat but honestly people just played the games and only the word “noob” was written occasionally as a bit of banter. There were admins who moderated games and removed the rare toxic people from servers also. Maybe this is the issue - there are no repercussions for being toxic, harassing or abusive now. The severity of cheating has also risen since early days of gaming and I put this down to lack of administrators / penalty also.
2020-07-03 04:02
Inter-continental interactions i've only been having since 2009 , before that i mainly stuck with South American gaming and messenger (plus some forums)...it was the same shit talk as always, is just that since we were all South Americans we knew how to fuck with eachother and it was all good, first worlders (except Latin Europeans) simply don't know how to take a joke and how to laugh at one-self. But when i started using YouTube in 2010 and learning English...the outright xephobia i saw from some Europeans towards other Europeans, pure hatred from U.S Americans towards Mexicans and dont even get me started with the Asians... I dont know what you're talking about, im guessing you predate me by a couple decades and you must be talking about the early 90's , because as far as my memory goes the shit talk has always been a huge part of internet culture...wtf do you think memes are?
2020-07-03 04:12
If you're on internet you have "nothing to lose". You say things you prob woudn't say face to face. And ofc that includes the worst acts you can do like making fun of someone's death, being racist and shit like that
2020-07-03 03:57
 | 
Australia eClipz-AU
Yeah absolutely, but just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should. There’s simply no repercussions and a massive disconnect for people online. Why do you think most gamers use an Alias or gamertag? It’s all one big mask, so people can say and do whatever they want. Even if/when someone commits suicide because of online bashing, it’s hard to completely understand that this human being has actually taken their life and no longer exist, other than those who know the person in real life. I mean even I fall into that, I say RIP Reckful but behind it all this is a real person. Imagine what the world will become if we all become plugged into VR, where there is very little consequence for virtual abuse, it could be so damaging.
2020-07-03 05:54
true imagine bullying a guy with mental problems because he simply wanted to propose to his girl on twitter smh and after he killed himself these bitches dont seem to care even a slightest bit
2020-07-03 04:03
human nature, people are just like this, it's just that in western culture most people aren't willing to say things in person that they would online for obvious reasons. The way people are online is a reflection on who they really are it's just that if they didn't hide it then they'd be outted by society despite everyone being a shitty person
2020-07-03 04:32
 | 
Australia eClipz-AU
I think it’s a reflection of community standards, that’s why people are like this online, because there are such low standards are no penalty for being a downright piece of s**t. It would be interesting seeing people verbalise their text as they typed, most of what some people write they would never actually say.
2020-07-03 06:03
Moderation on this site is awful. But they know most of the traffic and posts on this site are from an edgy young userbase. Banning them = losing money So much racism, xenophobia ans just hateful comments, and been so for ages on this site.
2020-07-03 12:15
i feel you about the toxicity in a community making you feel bitter and hatred. i started deleting social media accounts because i started finding everything just became toxic and hostile even amongst friends and it was constantly leaving me in a negative mindset and i started becoming more and more angry and agitated with life.
2020-07-03 12:22
Sprout
Winstrike
Triumph
Chaos
OG
NiP
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.