Thread has been deleted
Last comment
USA AND CHINA
Happy | 
United States KinglyFish 
America is starting to get worried that China may surpass America technologically. Meanwhile most American high school graduates can't even do basic geometry. We really need to reform our education system.
2020-07-03 05:40
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
It's not a terrible ranking, but if we want to keep up with China it's not good enough. And look at our individual scores, the math score is horrible.
2020-07-03 06:18
does the US need a better education system? absolutely. Maybe not in the way you think. In Europe most high schools feel like what university is in the US. While in high school in the US feels like slavery. If the US decides to change the system's structure rather than trying to "improve" the current one, there will be massive results. The US's school system's problem is not that the teaching is bad. Its that to actually succeed in high school you need to slave your life away assuming you aren't taking very basic level courses every year. Going every day sleep deprived into a 7 hour day of school with only a 30 minute break in the middle is not the way to properly teach ANYONE. That being said I do sort of understand why the structure is the way it is because parents will hold the school accountable if anything bad happens to students. By the way, good luck trying to keep up with China without enslaving your children even more. China's school system is "good" but its also very intense. Not many countries will be competing with that.
2020-07-03 10:00
I was thinking we switch to a Finnish system. Very high quality teachers with high pay. From the outside it may look like the American system works, but a lot of colleges have to teach students basic algebra and geometry. Every college student should at least be taking introductory calculus their starting semester. The real problem with US high school is actually a problem with US college admissions, that is they value extracurricular activities. Colleges should admit by GPA and SAT score, that's it.
2020-07-03 15:50
Top unis have too many appicants with extremely high SATs and GPAs, how are they going to choose whom to admit if there is no additional criteria besides these two?
2020-07-05 09:35
The SAT isn't anywhere near difficult enough. The entrance exams obviously need to be harder. Pretty much anyone can get a 1500+ if you study.
2020-07-05 10:29
Tbh we dont need to worry We'll always have some indian/korean guy coming in
2020-07-03 06:53
Not when the Korean guy realizes South Korea is better and freer than U.S with president AOC.
2020-07-03 07:07
Nah the lifestyle pay institutes research centre and quality aren't going down Who cars for the president
2020-07-03 07:25
You will care when AOC starts raising your taxes, making cost of living higher than Europe, fully throws away the 1st and 2nd ammendments and starts to give legal immunity to criminals depending on their race. Korean genius immigrants aint gonna fuck with that shit.
2020-07-03 07:29
AOC is a queen though.
2020-07-03 16:31
 | 
Denmark Notallama
I would take data presented by the CPC with a grain of salt.
2020-07-03 16:17
ahahahahha MEXICO , hahahhahahhahhahahah and where is JAPAN ?
2020-07-03 20:41
 | 
China HEIDASHUAi
Japan is in the top 10 of the ranking
2020-07-04 01:04
The problem is that their education system simultaneously stamps out all of their student's creativity and innovation, even more so then the american system theyll be good at math, but they'll still be brain dead office workers
2020-07-04 01:25
 | 
United States Amerika!
This Like school is actually fucking useless I forgot the video but it went into why our school systems are shit
2020-07-04 01:30
china's school system ain't focusing on raising a proper person. most importantly it provided a rather equal way for those come from poor families to achieve their lives. basically if you are not stupid and you work hard enough you are sure to get admitted to a key university . china is still a developing country with a lot of poor people. the society decided this whole education system. the last thing i want to see is a developed country tris to follow our steps. it sucks.
2020-07-04 06:23
Innovation and creativity? A student graduate from THU or PKU is just as smart and innovative as a MIT graduate or even smarter. I was trained as a chemist in both China and UK, the problem with lack of innovation is not inside the school but the society. The smartest kids in China they were taught at home that making money is the top priority, those IMO winners, IPHO winners all went to investment banks after they graduate rather than use their talent in science. If there's something to blame, I blame capitalism for the issue of lacking innovation and creativity in China.
2020-07-06 11:40
those people are the exception, not the rule, even for high end graduates
2020-07-06 22:35
no need to china gonna host valorant tourneys and we gonna win them all bankrupting them 😎
2020-07-03 05:45
But still na
2020-07-03 06:54
WillBuildMOSQUEofISSAGOD
2020-07-04 01:21
 | 
United States Jaksin
+1000
2020-07-03 20:22
High school education system*
2020-07-03 05:46
Most phD candidates seem to be international students. Which is problematic for retaining talent, but keeps American universities on top.
2020-07-03 06:22
Asuna | 
United States bxteme
good thing i have family in china so when it takes over the world i will not be enslaved
2020-07-03 05:49
 | 
China SwooksarV2
You've got degenerates, but america is also the home to the most prestigious schools and produces many talents. Those who do well will carry the rest, like always. Never been to school in the US so I can't say much though.
2020-07-03 05:51
 | 
North America aTTilla12
High School is pretty meh here, but we have a lot of good higher education institutes, Harvard, Stanford, Yale(lol) .etc. I personally liked my high school but from what I've heard that isn't the case for a lot of High Schoolers here.
2020-07-03 05:59
From my time in college, most PhD candidates seem to be international students. So we get the best of the best from around the world, but those people also go home with their amazing education and improve their own countries.
2020-07-03 06:23
 | 
China SwooksarV2
Ah ok.
2020-07-03 06:38
 | 
India mari123
China ? no way lol, india will be the one surpass America. Link to India 2030 youtube.com/watch?v=s6Lznha9EQ0
2020-07-03 06:03
lmao
2020-07-03 16:38
The best reform we could do is school choice. Thank democrats for that not happening though.
2020-07-03 06:11
Republicans seem to like that because it will probably increase funding to religious and private schools. Unless the legislation for school choice has schools actually competing with each other, I can't support it. I'm not gonna support a private school cash grab.
2020-07-03 06:29
It would also help reduce the impacts of past redlining. It would encourage public schools to properly manage funds to keep their students and it would encourage private schools to open, which isn’t a bad thing (in my opinion its a great thing as the government shouldn’t be the only source of education).
2020-07-03 06:33
yeah -- that's our problem. we need more private schools, and the public schools aren't properly managing their funds... LMFAO how can you look at the federal (or any state) budget and come to that conclusion... it's just mind-boggling, honestly edit: i hate analogies, but it's the equivalent of me giving you $5 for a week of groceries, and then criticizing you for mismanagement when you complain you are hungry.. just pure idiocy
2020-07-03 06:50
Public schools do pretty well with what they're given though. Look at private school tuition and compare it to the average cost per student in the US.
2020-07-03 16:07
Our highschool education is like super hard....... The top universities in the US is easier to get in than those top ones in China
2020-07-03 06:32
+1 And ppl dont get this How intense level of education is provided in india china korea
2020-07-03 06:52
especially the "GaoKao" which means National Unified Examination for Admissions to General Universities and Colleges. It's basically like the SAT, but you can only take it once a year. I've never taken it bc I spent my highschool time in the US, but from what my friends said, it sounds like it is way harder than the SAT.
2020-07-03 08:10
Sat is fucking crap easy The korean sat is a bit higher The op exam is even higher But the iit jee advance i guess of india..........the difficulty level of thay exam is fucking high I watched a video where australian and singapore phdians and scientists struggled with that exam.............and apparently highscoolers gove that exam
2020-07-03 09:45
I've heard the top Chinese universities have lower than a 1% acceptance rate.
2020-07-04 01:17
That is true. For example: Tsinghua university aceepted 3400 Chinese students in 2019, and Peking university accepted 2972 Chinese students, and there are over 10 million ppl taking the "GaoKao" every year. So around 0.0006% of acceptance rate. But obviously if ur in a province like Beijing that provides better education, the acceptance rate could go up to 1%.
2020-07-04 07:25
Wow that's a brutal admissions process. Tbf though a reason American acceptance rates are a bit higher is it costs around 80 dollars just to submit an application to a university. And you need to write multiple school specific essays about why you like that school. So only people that think they're gonna get into an elite are gonna apply. No one's gonna waste their time paying 80 dollars and writing essays if they have no chance of getting in.
2020-07-04 07:31
Well these are the top 2 university. As long as u don't get a score..... like a 1000/1600 on the SAT, u will still be accepted by those universities that are probably not as good as these two.
2020-07-04 07:34
still praying for the day China liberates the ameican people
2020-07-03 06:47
Nah, we're already free dude. At least way freer than they are.
2020-07-03 18:20
no worries, China will soon bring you democracy
2020-07-04 01:14
With what? Their inferior copycat J20 jets?
2020-07-04 01:16
who cares. It's not about quality but quantity. 2. WW showed that.
2020-07-04 01:23
Good thing we have more jets overall too.
2020-07-04 01:36
yes, the question is, how long?
2020-07-04 01:36
As long as our military budget is multiple times theirs.
2020-07-04 01:40
so not very long?
2020-07-04 01:43
Flag doesn't check out lol. And it probably will take a while since China isn't set to surpass the US economy until 2028.
2020-07-04 01:55
Sure, but 2040 is not a long time. Close your eyes, open them, and you will be there.
2020-07-04 01:58
I closed my eyes and opened them, it's still 2020
2020-07-04 02:30
aye, still is. Sure it won't take much longer now. Don't worry so, i will remind you with every new year ;)
2020-07-04 02:47
Lol Flag doesn't check out though.
2020-07-04 04:01
lmfao... free to what? work for $7.50 and go in life-long medical debt? what good is "freedom of speech" when a handful of billionaires and the CIA control the media? pointless.
2020-07-04 02:44
Still freer than China, can't deny that.
2020-07-04 04:01
again, free to what? freedom according to the government is fucking useless when you live in a corporate, capitalist hell hole.
2020-07-04 05:01
The economy is going in a bad direction, but we definitely have some of the best freedom of speech laws in the world.
2020-07-04 05:02
What do you mean by a bunch of billionares and the CIA control the media? If you're talking about the news media, being shit, blame it on the fucking news media companies who are politically biased. There is no law in the U.S that allows the government or other people to control freedom of speech for other individuals. Then for your second point, "work for $7.50 and go in life-long medical debt" honestly that is more of how you loosely define freedom, I define this as more of economic security which you could argue is part of freedom in which the U.S severely lacks upon in terms of providing government-formed social nets for people, however in a more general sense I could argue to why the U.S is free: I can stand in front of the residence of the President and hold up a sign stating my opinion of them and the secret police or their bodyguards won’t drag me away into a hidden cell for daring to offend the leader. I can criticize any religious practice and not be arrested or hung for it. I can have a relationship with anyone I choose and not be arrested or even executed for it. Men and women are equal under the law. My wife being attacked or raped does not result in her being stoned to death for violating backwards codes of conduct that punish her for the act of others. I do not need a passport or any other kind of internal papers to travel within the USA. I have the freedom to own firearms without having to justify myself or my reasons to any government official. In most parts of the country I have the freedom to carry same said firearms for personal defense as the police have no legal duty to protect me. I can live anywhere I want only subject to being able to pay for it. I can leave the country by any means I choose and absent a court of law deciding otherwise, no one can stop me or has any say in the matter. I am not subject to any mandatory enslavement of my person via forced military service (although I would happily volunteer to wear the uniform if the government asked me to). My credit and social background are private and cannot be used preemptively by the government to restrict my freedom or to shame me into good behavior. My freedom to speak is virtually absolute and as long as what I am saying is not slander, libel or threats of imminent, direct violence, I am free to offend anyone on any subject in any way I see fit. The government does not punish me for success by taking my wealth away from me to give it to “society”. The government cannot take away my rights and freedoms by a simple vote of majority. Everyone can agree that U.S.A is a free country, china isn't.
2020-07-04 09:11
Bro idk how u would consider "free" for those ppl living in China, but u should defo pay a visit there, it's not like how the media said it is.
2020-07-04 07:28
I'm sure it's fine to visit since a tourist doesn't have to care about their social credit score or whatever. But, the Chinese government is tracking everything you do. If you so much as jay walk, I heard cameras scan your face and deduct a fine from your bank account.
2020-07-04 07:34
Well that's obviosly a fake news man. Those cameras that can scan ur face are used by those mobile pay companies and the law enforcement agencies. Idk if they can track everything u do, but I've never seen ppl complaning ab that.
2020-07-04 07:39
I think anyone who got their face scanned on the street and automatically got money withdrawn from their account would be way too rattled to complain about it on social media. That really seems like the last thing they'd do to be fair.
2020-07-04 07:47
Idk ab that, but to be fair, scan ur face and withdraw ur money just sounds really bs to me...... Trust me, US media are probably having the most fake news in the world. U can argue Chinese government are controlling everything, but cmon, which countrie's government doesn't control everything?
2020-07-04 07:51
Maybe the scan your face and withdraw money story wasn't true, who knows what's true anymore? Even though the US government has a lot of power, at least it has accountability through elections. And anyone can start a youtube show criticizing the government and making fun of elected officials and no one would care at all.
2020-07-04 08:07
That's facts But the Americans and the Chinese seems to have some bad stereotypes out of each other. I'll just tell u one thing bro, since I've lived in both countries. Both countries have their problems, but both countries are not as how China/US says they are. Ppl are misleading by all those info on the internet that they don't even know if it's fake or not.
2020-07-04 08:20
Well that's the nature of an economic rivalry. Americans and Japanese were starting to hate each other in the mid 80's or so I've been told. But, hopefully everyone can coexist peacefully and the most hardworking and innovative country succeeds.
2020-07-04 08:29
+1 Ab the Japanese and Americans tho, idrk much ab it, but I've "heard" that they actually respect Americans more than Chinese, they wouldn't admit that what they've done to China in WWII is a "crime." But they pay more respect to the US maybe bc the US has bombed Nagasaki and Kiroshima. But anyways, it's nice to have a peaceful discussion with u, I've had a lot of ppl just spamming racist stuff on me. Have a nice day!
2020-07-04 08:41
Americans and Japanese get along nowadays. But, there was definitely some hostility back then. Probably not on the level of China and America though. You have a nice day too man.
2020-07-04 08:44
It is only because there is a lot of majority hispanic/black primary and secondary schools in America. Most of them can barely read. I say just abolish the public education system and only do charter and private school
2020-07-03 07:08
Worst possible thing to do
You have a lot of bad takes, but this is one of the worst I've ever heard from you.
2020-07-03 16:00
Ever walked through a public high school in the south? Sorry but it's the kids no education system can save them
2020-07-03 23:51
The current education system trains these less intelligent people to be just smart enough to operate basic machinery and perform basic paperwork jobs. AI needs to become more advanced to perform these jobs. And why was your original comment bringing up race. There are dumb people in school of all colors. Also do you want the average voter to be even dumber than they are now?
2020-07-04 01:00
No amount of education reform can save this country. We need drastic immigration reform.
2020-07-03 07:10
What immigration reform are you proposing?
2020-07-03 16:08
Points based system, and stopping any incentive for illegals to come to the US. A wall isn't even needed. Give temporary work authorization for people who want to work on farms.
2020-07-03 20:14
A large percentage of the people who support the wall have construction companies that hire illegals. They know a wall wouldn't work, they're just angry people with no real solutions. There's no way they'd support penalizing employers who hire illegals because that's them. "Give temporary work authorization for people who want to work on farms" This goes through the legal system so you'd actually have to pay them at least minimum wage.
2020-07-03 20:16
I'm fine with paying those people the minimum wage, not so sure about the farmers though.
2020-07-03 20:17
The price of your food will increase by over 50% most likely and most American families are already struggling to put food on the table.
2020-07-03 20:18
It won't, they're paid just barely under the minimum wage. Giving them $7 won't change things drastically.
2020-07-03 20:20
"It won't, they're paid just barely under the minimum wage." Dude what? lmao... Why would anyone deal with the legal liability of hiring an illegal just to pay them barely below minimum wage. That makes absolutely no sense.
LMFAO !! No immigrants, no more great students in USA since most of graduates and phds are foreign... Hence no more reputable universities, harvard would be filled with rednecks that can barely read and maybe 20% to 30% of good american students. And this in ALL your universities IVY League included.
2020-07-03 16:57
Who said anything about no immigration? I said immigration reform. We need to stop taking in people with no skills or education.
2020-07-03 20:12
The US as is lets in very few people legally that have no skills or education.
Millions of low skilled illegals.
2020-07-03 20:18
Where's Trump's grand wall that was supposed to stop that? People are very easily bypassing the wall Trump attempted to build.
2020-07-03 20:20
Wall would've never worked. You have to go after the incentives. Businesses must be fined for hiring illegals.
2020-07-03 20:21
Well most of these pick up truck driving, construction company owners are Trump supporters so that's probably never gonna happen under this administration.
2020-07-03 20:23
Lol
2020-07-04 01:20
America the greatest! China the worst! long live the mighty USA
2020-07-03 08:14
+1
how the fuck is china leading in any sort of technology lmao. even if they are we all know for a damn fact theyre gonna do fuck all with it.
2020-07-03 10:02
They're pulling ahead in 5G and Artificial Intelligence. The country with the best technology usually has economic advantages.
2020-07-03 15:59
5G yes AI not yet
2020-07-03 16:08
Tbh China may never surpass the US in AI considering the US has more scientists working on research, but we'll see. If US citizens start losing enough jobs to AI they may start demanding regulations on AI that will slow down development, but that's a hypothetical which will hopefully not happen.
2020-07-03 16:14
the scariest thing about our society is that if the government start to promote a certain technology the productivity could go insanely big.
2020-07-04 08:45
They're already promoting it man. It's just difficult to compete with the USA since people from around the world come here to conduct research including from China.
2020-07-04 08:49
So true man, we even mock ourselves about our top universities are agencies that export our finest to the states.
2020-07-04 15:16
lmao, 5g in a country where you can barely use the internet, what a use.
Good for people who have VPN I guess.
 | 
Russia yungyoda
china outperforms america under capitalist rules is pretty scary i hope whole world fight against system of surveillance and control at least
2020-07-03 16:18
Starting? Wasn't it a thing years ago?
2020-07-03 16:19
The US is still definitely ahead in technology for now. Hopefully it still will be in the future, but it's looking bleak in many areas.
2020-07-03 16:32
JW | 
Norway jatakk
More like California*
2020-07-03 16:40
Washington and East Coast are also advanced.
2020-07-03 16:51
lul
2020-07-04 01:22
Maybe ''hopefully'' for you. Both countries are evil af.
2020-07-03 16:43
US definitely better than China lmao.
2020-07-03 16:46
China: - Corona virus - huge influnce on world markets with cheap goods - recent ''conflict'' with India - inhuman living and work standarts USA - destabilizing Middle East - funding terrorist organisations - stealing oil under the pretext of ''maintaining peace'' - secret CIA jails built in different countries made to torture people - very aggresive economic policies to maintain their first place (Huawei ban for example) - ''weapons of mass destruction'' in Iraq - genociding native americans Btw these are just of the top of my head. Could probably add more if I did some quick research.
2020-07-03 17:04
You left a lot of things off China like their reeducation camps and intrusive surveillance systems.
2020-07-03 18:23
My point still stands.
2020-07-03 19:16
 | 
India mari123
reeducation camps and intrusive surveillance systems ?? wtf are you talking about lol, stop reading ur brainwash media lmao
2020-07-03 19:25
China is literally 1984 personified. Why the tf would you want that country as a superpower?
2020-07-03 20:15
I would rather have neither, thank you very much.
2020-07-03 20:37
 | 
India mari123
Stop that superpower non sense lol, no one wants to be superpower but peaceful life.
2020-07-04 07:19
 | 
Qatar olaolakaka
Why reform when you can recruit nerds from third world country and offer them green card xd
2020-07-03 16:54
True tbh. How long until they don't wanna come here though once their countries improve?
2020-07-03 16:56
 | 
Qatar olaolakaka
When is that? Chinese people still buying greencards and pay for their kids to go to US college everyday
2020-07-03 17:58
A lot of them go back and work in Chinese firms. A few years ago they'd all try to stay in the US.
2020-07-03 18:10
 | 
Qatar olaolakaka
Really? Rip usa then ((
2020-07-03 20:04
Which is why we should prioritize American workers and American students or people who actually intend to stay here over international students and h1b visas.
2020-07-03 20:10
Do it like Singapore where if you go college there on scholar/sponsorship you are obligated to work in Singaporean company for fixed amount of time
2020-07-04 08:08
Most Chinese just pay tuition price, and few now go to USA, Australia because of racism against Chinese is much now
2020-07-05 10:00
China just lies, they have 500m sweatshop workers barely above poverty with 6 years schooling and they claim their average iq is higher than non-shit countries? lies xaxaxa
2020-07-03 18:23
Dude you're stuck in 2006 if you think that.
2020-07-03 19:01
think what? half their population is living on $4 a day and the average schooling is 7 years
2020-07-03 19:11
Rural population maybe, look at the coastal cities.
2020-07-03 19:20
 | 
Russia win73ry
Your higher education is one of the best in the world, maybe even the best. Though, your school education is pretty bad, as far as I know.
2020-07-03 19:12
Not denying our upper education is the best in the world. The school system needs to catch up though.
2020-07-03 19:20
 | 
Russia win73ry
Agree.
2020-07-03 19:23
China economy will be stronger US economy will poorer)
2020-07-03 20:26
 | 
China WondersMe
Art graduates who can’t do geometry >okay Graduates who can’t do geometry >hype
2020-07-03 19:30
stay calm I can tell you most students in China only study to get some decent jobs in later life, and most of knowledge they learned will be forgotten later, only few will do scientific research Also US is still leading technology in almost every area, and imo the first area China will surpass US is physiology or medicine
2020-07-03 20:14
Most students only studying to get decent jobs is a reality in basically every country. I'm not super worried, but the US definitely needs a better education system to discover more talented researchers instead of relying on foreign graduate students.
2020-07-03 21:38
Get a lot Latin people, refugees from middle east and shithole Afrika. They will make USA good education.
Latinos no. Middle East, yes. Africa, maybe
2020-07-04 01:26
Fuck off. Latin > arabo blacks.
2020-07-10 12:22
Latinos make like less than $40,000, while Arab make like 45,000 and up. On average
2020-07-11 01:46
blacks?
2020-07-11 17:48
Idk, the average is for African Americans is probably a little less than the Latino average
2020-07-11 19:25
Ofcourse. Latino take over USA, create new cartels, behead blacks, sell drugs, kill. very fun
2020-07-12 21:04
who the fuck are these rankings for if most prestigious universities are invade by marxists. Gender studies are not education, it is a mental illness.
2020-07-04 08:28
No one cares about the liberal arts department. I'm talking about the STEM departments at universities.
2020-07-04 08:58
 | 
Denmark Dust_2_Go
Well Chinas advantage aka, Being a poor nation. Is slowly going away. Basic economics lessons boisss Poor Nations have an economics advantage they have cheap labor, that rich international companies wan't. But when a poor nation slowly becomes a rich nation (gdp), they increase living quality. When that happens the cheap work force needs to be paid better. Then the Chinese set higher prices, then at last they become a rich nation. And don't have that economics advantage anymore. I'd like to thank my geography teacher. Even through i still don't know what economics and geography have in common.
2020-07-04 09:50
They're switching to a service based economy, and they're trying to make Africa the factory for China.
2020-07-05 10:37
 | 
Denmark Dust_2_Go
Why can't the world just try a pro gamer move, and do "The Martian" Matt Damon get's stuck on Mars the US and China co-operate to save him the world rejoyces and the middle east becomes peacefull.
2020-07-06 11:30
You burgers went to the Moon. Not because it was easy but because it was hard. To fake.
2020-07-05 09:37
Lol, China are already light years ahead of America technologically, I mean Americans are pretty dumb people overall, but comparing yourselves to the Chinese just has to be a troll, they’re ridiculously intellectually superior
2020-07-05 09:49
+1
2020-07-05 10:02
2020-07-05 10:35
This is factually incorrect. The only areas I can think of that they'd be ahead in is facial recognition technology and 5G. America is ahead in I believe every other area.
2020-07-05 10:35
thats exactly what they want you to think
2020-07-12 21:06
Secret
Syman
AVEZ
Izako Boars
AGO
Illuminar
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.