Thread has been deleted
Last comment
History
 | 
United States MyerHappyBoys 
Does anyone else feel like their history classes sometimes skim over or undermine the bad actions/periods of your countries history? For a while I was under the impression that only European countries were imperialist.
2020-07-13 07:44
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
no.. no i dont
2020-07-13 07:46
cyx | 
Germany Shadyy89
+1 XD
2020-07-13 07:52
Germany very peaceful country never did anything wrong believe me mens))
2020-07-13 07:56
History isnt as black and white as a movie, even if u read it in your books written by war winners
2020-07-13 13:48
+1
2020-07-13 16:43
 | 
Argentina XaiDN
Wuuuu thats a good one my bro
2020-07-15 11:53
kinda stupid comment, since you didn't understand you own question. no, he does not feel that bad actions are undermined in history classes. indicating that germany might teach their past very intensively. I mean german history is not very long, since it's formed in the 19th century, so they have time to their history very deeply.
2020-07-13 14:41
Sorry it was a very bad joke.
2020-07-13 15:29
It's true that Germany was united into one state only in 1871, but that is not the start of German history. I mean, you wouldn't say that European history starts with founding the EU as well. E: And they teach about our Pre-Germany (Holy Roman Empire of Germanian States) in school as well, but for sure much less detailed than after the German Empire was founded)
2020-07-15 10:08
I think there is a huge difference between EU and Germany. EU is still no united nation, so you can never talk about the history of the European nation. Thus, you would always talk about the European connection, which surely started way earlier than EU. Germany on the contrary is a nation. and it's history started with its establishment. As you indicated, before was a PRE-German period. And I call it period and not state for a reason: the holy roman empire was not something you would consider a nation. the addition "of German nation" is missleading and is often confused with the official name of the kingdom (the addition was only occasionally used). Despite being mentioned in the addition, it was not a real nation, and still has nothing to do with the Germany, which was found in the 19th century. However, it is/was often used to increase the history of the Germany nation, which is basically not correct. The only thing which is in common is the name "German" and part of the territory. However you would neither consider the Romans to be Italians, based on Italian territory being the origin of the Roman territory, right?
2020-07-15 11:49
Well but you need to consider that the "Pre-German" Nations people considered themselves as Germans (maybe except bavarians which always have, some even to this day, feel a little different about it, more like bavarians first and Germans secondly if I could put it this way). And therefor the German identication of it's people is much older than the founding. But well, calling it "Pre-German" times is fine I guess. Still without the pre german times, there would be no easy unity as it happened in 1871 and therefor plays a big role in our history as well. After all, besided a countries borders and government, its the people that make it a country after all. And the movement towards a united country was not just a dictated from the top, but also a desire of the German people across the different tiny "Roman" Empires. Between the downfall of the Romans and the founding if Italy where like 1000+ years so it's hard to compare it imo. But anyways, Italians see the Roman Empire as part of their national history, don't they? I agree that the comparison between EU and Germany doesnt match perfectly tho, but it has it's similarities nevertheless.
2020-07-15 12:13
That's the thing, ppl of Holy roman empire did NOT see themselves as Germans or as one nation. It actually was a multi cultural and multi ethnical binding, which doesn't even have unifed rules/laws. but you are right, Germany would propably without the pre-german time. however, I think Italians are just proud of having successful ancestors, yet I would not consider this a part of Italian history, since it is, as you mentioned 1000 years ago. unless you talk about the history of the territory. however what I talk about is the history of the nation
2020-07-15 16:26
"ppl of Holy roman empire did NOT see themselves as Germans" Well I learned that differently from the sources I looked at back then, but well that can be also very different depending which tiny empire we look at. Im impressed by your knowledge about us/our history, was nice talking to you.
2020-07-16 08:46
thanks, nice talking to you too. It is not just German, I like history in general ;) even PREhistoric times ;D
2020-07-16 09:19
Ahahaha
2020-07-13 12:06
+1
2020-07-13 12:09
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
2020-07-13 13:24
Audi | 
Germany I_car
+1 xd
2020-07-13 14:11
 | 
Ukraine volod1m1r
xd
2020-07-13 14:21
no
+1
2020-07-14 23:13
Definitely not in Germany
1.Well it's because they want you to learn about that later on life 2.It could be controversial to the school 3. It's part of the curriculum 4. The teacher doesnt want to get fired.
2020-07-13 07:48
So they dont teach about the "genocide" against native americans during all u.s. schooltime? I cant believe it tbh
2020-07-13 09:13
No they don’t until maybe 12 grade
2020-07-13 09:44
Interesting, thx.
2020-07-13 11:08
they dont ever teach us about vietnam that's for sure
2020-07-15 09:58
Well I gotta say that USA was involved in so many fucking wars during it's existence that you would probably need 30 years of school to look at all of them. Even though I think it would be important for the future generations to learn from mistakes that happened during wars like Vietnam, and therefor important to teach about it.
2020-07-15 10:02
yeah mad facts, I had to learn about things like the my lai massacre from my parents and then began researching it on my own. Our education system blows cock
2020-07-15 19:37
there wasn't a genocide against aqmerican indtians nt
2020-07-13 11:13
yea right)))
2020-07-13 11:22
just because a lot of people died doesn't mean it was a genocide There were definitely massacres and poor treatment, but a deliberate wiping out did not take place
2020-07-13 11:30
same with armenians mens))
2020-07-13 11:32
Pathetic
2020-07-13 13:22
top kek
2020-07-13 14:07
hahahahahaah
2020-07-16 19:50
Massacres, shitting on all deals that where ever made in terms of territorial questions, destroying their main food and supply chances. At the end 90% of them were dead. If you dont want to call it genocide than do as you like.
2020-07-13 11:36
most american Indians died of disease, I wouldn't say that China is trying to commit Genocide on the world right now because a disease spread from there, genocide specifically refers to deliberately purging a specific peoples, if you were trying to purge people it doesn't make sense that you would set aside land for them to live on, also many broken treaties and deals were made with past governments so the people in the future did not feel beholden to those treaties because they did not agree to them, I would say that you should try to find a better solution, but you have to take that into consideration
2020-07-13 21:42
Flag
2020-07-14 05:56
i just got rekt by facts and logic
2020-07-14 23:08
-That guy who says faxxs dont care about feelings
2020-07-14 23:11
idk what your problem is, I just made my case that I think it's hyperbolic and untrue to say that there was a genocide committed against the American Indians and you're trying to discredit my arguments by pointing out i'm from the USA which has no relevance to facts of the matter
2020-07-16 00:48
 | 
Spain 1996
genocide it was and will always be, no use in denying it
2020-07-16 13:15
why?
2020-07-16 22:41
Bro, you just cant, also your disease argument is wrong, cuz some US generals at that time gave native Indians furnitures deliberately infected with diseases.
2020-07-17 12:45
Most people don't learn about any history. If you're actually interested in history the best thing you can do is look it up yourself, the education system isn't really designed to teach you about everything, it's meant to teach you a few things so you can pass a test and then higher up it's usually up to you how much you learn about something. Most people, especially in very old countries like France and Britain learn the basics because there's just so much to go through.
2020-07-13 07:51
 | 
France daniel19
+1, here a lot is taught about world wars and some stuff in the middle ages + revolution and nowadays globalization etc. how about uk?
2020-07-13 09:14
early on in Welsh schools you learn about the Celts, usually contains a trip to like a reenactment area where you sort of look at how they lived. Then later on you learn about the Tudors and the the Stuarts and other things concerning the history of Royalty in Britain. We learned about castles and villages of old and how they were structured, the different layers and so on. later on you learn about world war one, how it started, trench warfare and literature written by the men who fought also the discovery of Shell shock/ PTSD. Then there are the sort of mini history series that usually depends on the teacher. We did a whole course on Jack the ripper
2020-07-13 11:01
You probably mean schools because in unis you get to pick a certain specialty which you will be taught everything or most about.
2020-07-13 11:15
that's what I was referring to when I said "higher up it's usually up to you how much you learn about something" you can choose specific topics but even then the topic usually goes beyond just the country you are in, I learned about ancient warfare and I believe there was also topics about the Roman empire more specifically it's leaders and the politics and actions surrounding them.
2020-07-13 11:19
leaf | 
Canada ZHF
Yes
2020-07-13 07:52
Didn't know Canada had bad history let alone normal history
2020-07-13 07:55
leaf | 
Canada ZHF
The country has been very oppressive towards First Nations. I learned about controversies about how we treated them during school, but I never knew how really bad it was until reading more into it after. Also we were very harsh to Japanese-Canadians and Jewish populations during WW2
2020-07-13 08:04
I feel like they did explain Canada's history pretty well. (I took g10 history in highshool. I was in Vancouver at the time)
2020-07-16 09:37
leaf | 
Canada ZHF
Oh yeah they did do a good job not skimming over lower points in our country’s history, but I do think they undermined those parts to make us not look that bad
2020-07-16 19:03
 | 
Georgia Megobari
No, but when I was in Russia, our history teacher "skipped" Russian Revolution and Russian Civil War, dunno why.
2020-07-13 07:54
Thought those were considered good things in Russia
2020-07-13 08:13
 | 
Georgia Megobari
And what about USA? They're teaching you about bad stuff or not?
2020-07-13 08:15
Only obvious stuff like slavery. They don't tell us much about our history of imperialism or treatment of natives. They like to tell us things to make us proud of our country, like how we supposedly "saved" Europe in WW2 and stopped the spread of communism from Russia.
2020-07-13 08:20
 | 
Georgia Megobari
USA killed a lot of native americans, stole Mexican lands, bombed Japan with nuclear strikes, did a lot of massacres during WW's and in the Middle East. Vietnam War crimes and e.t.c. I think that in schools they should teach everyone about your countries problems and bad moves. Yes, Georgia did horrible things too, but they were teaching us about that.
2020-07-13 08:25
our classes justify the Japan bombings by saying that there would have been more deaths had we not dropped the bombs. The war with Mexico was 99.9% on purpose but our government said it wasn't because Mexico fired first, even though we were on their land and obviously trying to get them to attack us.
2020-07-13 08:31
Eh, nuclear strikes prevented Russia from attacking Japan which would have been worse for Japan also prevented potentially millions of deaths from a land invasion. Also the US dropped leaflets on the cities saying they were going to be bombed weeks in advance. Also Japan kind of started the war against America and they killed over ten million Chinese civilians and the reason they started a war with America was because America wouldn't supply them with oil to continue their destruction of China so the Japanese sided with the Germans and attacked Russia and the US. Also bombing cities had been happening in Britain, Germany and France with conventional bombs that had killed pretty much the same amount of civilians as the nuclear bombs did. If these bad things are going to be taught then they at least have to be taught accurately not just shaming people for shit they weren't even alive for.
2020-07-13 11:15
I never thought I'd ever meet a person who attempted to justify the nuclear treatment on Japan, I'll make no claims but you should filter out your life.
2020-07-13 16:11
So... it would have been better to do a land invasion? which would have meant more deaths and on both sides, America who is retaliating from an attack done by the Japanese who wanted to use biological weapons to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans in suicidal plane attacks. See you haven't actually argued against my points you just got offended and basically moaned. Add some substance to your comment or you know maybe not talk about something you don't seem to know anything about. Have you heard of Unit Unit 731? the Blitz? Pearl harbour? Where do you draw the line at something being okay and something not being okay?
2020-07-13 16:26
I won't talk about it now, it's just unbelievable. If I will try to educate each and every person like you, who does all in his power to justify the preferred side, I won't have time for myself. The fact you even put it in question is already a hole way too deep you drilled in your head. Just one concern for you to know, for what Americans did to the Japanese, they deserve the exact same treatment. It's never been justified and never will be. How dumb should you be to actually supply the Soviets and opposition, do the cleaning on aside and then disregard everything you've ever done and put yourselves among the tortorous criminals by just nuking every living being in that city of Japan. You're a marvel I wish I never met.
2020-07-13 16:40
again you're just crying, you're not arguing against my point, you're not providing any counter points, you're just doing the fucking Greta Thurnburg and going "how dare you" and that's not an argument. I'm willing to change my mind if you can explain to me how it would have been better if they didn't drop the nukes and did a land invasion or even let Russia take Japan? Would more people dying to regular guns and bombs been better? the destruction of more cities? How would it have been better?
2020-07-13 16:43
Alright I understand. I wasn't going to talk about it and I won't. No need to get personal about it. It's beyond any humane comprehension from my side. I didn't want to get involved without telling my point of view but I left PC already. I thought it's common knowledge before. I might write to you via PM if I won't forget. Anyway, poke me in a day or two.
2020-07-13 17:10
It is actually more likely that Soviet intervention was more of a driving force for Japan’s surrender. tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/2575165.. youtu.be/CSSexxwDzgs carnegiecouncil.org/studio/multimedia/20.. why would Japan surrender to bombs that were equivalent if not any worse than any other of the bombing efforts at the time? Hiroshima is 6th by square kilometres destroyed and, 17th by percentage of city destroyed. So why would Japan surrender to the bombing of 2 civilian cities if they were still willing to fight?
2020-07-13 17:16
I was taught that differently, as macrocephaly said, the bombs were the reason for Japan to surrender, as far as I was told. However, I think to know this in detail one need to be historian. yet, there is a difference between nuclear bomb and other bombing: 1st it is just one single bomb doing this, 2nd after nuclear bomb you cannot go back to the land for several decades to my understanding this is why they surrendered: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nagasaki_1945..
2020-07-17 09:40
A lot of what I’m bringing up is revisionism. atomicheritage.org/history/debate-over-b..
2020-07-17 10:15
as far as I saw this list just provides modern thoughts about what happened back then. There is a huge difference between nuclear bombs and ordinary bombing. Japanese were scared of another nuclear bomb thrown at Tokyo. This cannot be denied. Russia marching into Manchurian, can neither be denied. Yet, nuclear bomb were new weapons, the world has never seen before and could wipe out everything within seconds. It took several days for Japanese officials to understand what happened in Hiroshima.
2020-07-17 12:38
he never argues because he doesn't have arguments, only patriotism. he is taught Russia is right and US is wrong, and so are the US doings. However, I would say, that the long term consequences of nuclear bombs overweight the amount of death during land invasion. Additionally, bombs always affect civilians, which doesn't bring you any strategical advantage. It was just a demonstration of power, which btw could have also been done away from cities. There are a lot of claims, that the US government just wanted to try their new "toy" - which I would find to be an absurd way of dealing with the life of innocents. nuclear weapons are devils work. just imagine, 75 years later you could have a president called .. let's say donald trump, who is unpredictable and could launch such a thing any time... the next war, will lead to a mass extinction.
2020-07-17 10:04
so why is your government build up their nuclear arsenal then? if it is never justified
2020-07-17 09:42
"Eh, nuclear strikes prevented Russia from attacking Japan which would have been worse for Japan also prevented potentially millions of deaths from a land invasion." "they should be taught accurately"... then don't find excuses why a nuclear bomb is justified.. lol, btw noone said to teach it in a wrong way.. they just want it to be taught at all
2020-07-16 09:33
What about slavery do they teach in America do they teach how most slaves were sold into slavery by African warlords or do they just teach about how the slaves were packed onto ships and treated in America?
2020-07-13 11:08
So slaves being sold in Africa totally diminishes the problem of slavery in the US? Maybe it is more important that we vouch for a superior education system that teaches history from a non-biased point of view.
2020-07-13 17:23
because you are surrounded by fucking commies 👌🤢
2020-07-13 10:47
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Understandable. Much easier to move on over the bad periods, that way already harvested patriotism will grow to nationalism.
2020-07-13 08:14
 | 
Georgia Megobari
Can you check #8? Is it true in other schools? Or only I had stupid teacher that skipped that important events xD
2020-07-13 08:16
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
As many there are schools, as many there are teachers, nobody's tied to one certain way of teaching, most likely you've had a bad one.
2020-07-13 08:29
Do the history teachers in Russia teach that Finland attack the Soviet Union and that the Baltic States wanted to join Soviet Union?
2020-07-13 09:14
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Well, yes, but it's factually proven world wide, why wouldn't they teach us that? They tend to tell the truth only.
2020-07-13 09:24
Yes, of course such a small country like Finland would attack a big country next to him for no reason, makes sense
2020-07-13 09:24
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
There was a reason and the attack was intentional since we, running out of options, intervened on the borderline, just because it was the only way out, they, instead of cooperating and helping us to fight the world terror, sided with them and opposed us. In an aftermath we saved both ours and their butts.
2020-07-13 09:27
No, you demanded that they should give Karelia to Russia, which was like 10% of their land and they resisted. Is it also teached that Baltic States wanted to join USSR?
2020-07-13 09:29
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
They would receive it in an exchange offer which benefitted them greatly, they declined the best offer their country was ever offered. They got no one to blame. And yes, they did want to join us, it was pretty obvious, we were the absolute victors and being undercover of us meant security.
2020-07-13 09:30
hahaha i hope you are joking
2020-07-13 09:31
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
I'm not here to educate you little fella. Your disappointments are not my concerns.
2020-07-13 09:32
It looks like you are the uneducated one here
2020-07-13 09:33
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Of course, who needs logic, right, overrated thing.
2020-07-13 10:42
Young and immature friend of mine, links are missing context, especially given the nature of the website which is free to edit. None of the links provide any logic or source to their claims which my government can easily disapprove and already did so in the past. Watch your mouth please and do behave.
2020-07-14 01:57
not even gonna argue with a braindead russian who thinks Finland attacked soviet union. you have skipped your history classes no? but send me evidence of finland attacking soviet union and baltic people wanting to join the Soviet Union
2020-07-14 05:25
more evidence for people like you rferl.org/a/finlands-winter-war-with-the..
2020-07-14 05:25
''out of context'' what? are you a degenrate?
2020-07-14 05:44
Let me explain buds, to every fact out there, there is context to it, without it it's just a claim that has no basing. As logic predates arguments, context make facts have a meaning. What is the logic of the plot that you're standing by? The Soviets being half broke, expecting offense from the Nazis would blindly attack a full time defensive country which has already sided with the Nazis, it would exhaust them and the losses would be too huge to recover. After a peaceful land swap offer was declined, they took the borderline by force but the offence and eventually war was started by the Finns. Who wouldn't let us move the border no matter the consequences. In the end, they fought against the good and were rightfully punished for it.
2020-07-14 09:12
Finland didn't side with the nazis before USSR attacked Finland, it was neutral, and who the hell would give away 30% of his population and land to someone? They did that "peaceful annexation" (as the brainwashed say) to the Baltic States too. The Baltics were happy when Germans liberated us, so no, we did not want to join USSR.
2020-07-14 13:54
Up until this point I thought you were just influenced to the state of a puppet, but now I think you're greatly illiterate as well. If you know what you're talking about, you know that there's no logic in that, so ultimately it's one of the most relieving "self-rekt" I was lucky to encounter.
2020-07-14 15:31
what fucking logic are you on about? stop avoiding the subject and talk about Finland retard. USSR Demanded,Finland refused, Ussr attacked. There is no logic behind that? I guess you are just an average brainwashed russian coward, and please dont reply anymore, and keep spreading your patriotic propaganda about Soviets doing nothing wrong, make your papa putin proud
2020-07-14 18:40
"a claim that has no basing" And does your claim have any source of it? you still have not showed any evidence of it while i have showed 3 sources that tell that and of course russian being russians says that its false and has no context behind it when it literally showed the entire Winte War from before war to the end of the war. PS:dont reply, ive had enough of your bs
2020-07-14 19:11
You're immature and not old enough to participate in a discussion involving an argument. I could spend my time and tell you the most logical plot of how things have been but if I will waste time on each and everyone I won't have time for myself. Nobody ever says thanks in the end. If you're curious as to why I sound this confident, add me on Steam and I'll tell you, when I have free time left for you.
2020-07-15 02:33
It seems to be pretty clear that you are just a brainwashed russian that has no proof for his. claim, sad that i wasted so much time talking to someone like this.
2020-07-15 09:55
"You're immature and not old enough to participate in a discussion involving an argument". you know what an argument is? you just raised a claim, and didn't show any supporting material for this claim. all your other "so called arguments" are just insults: calling someone illiterate is no argument. he provided sources even in russian (just check the sources on wikipedia), indicating, that even your own government might disagree with you. THIS is an argument, and you only ignored it and think he is to immature/young to participate in a discussion involving an argument PS: "an argument" is probably correct, but it is not you who raised the ONLY argument ;D you just shine in ignoring it *thumbs up*
2020-07-16 13:13
I'm not in the mood for another dragging conversation and I feel like I'm breaking down common things that should've been known by now. But if not, how wrong can you be. You can try your luck and add me on Steam, like I said up there, so when I have time and the mood for it, I'll explain myself and tell you why I'm confident that your sorry, constantly offended butts are wrong.
2020-07-16 13:40
in other words, you are just proud of your country.
2020-07-16 15:48
in other words, he has no proof for his claim so he just tries to escape by saying "i dont have time"
2020-07-16 19:02
wtf. man you sound like a nazi yourself... nationalism is so stupid. "the good" and "the rightful".. you just repeat everything you were told, yet it doesn't make it right, you are confronted with arguments, and your answer is: "your arguments are wrong", you can never ever win a debate like this
2020-07-16 09:49
"given the nature of this website", you know that wikipedia provides sources? you just need to scroll down. and guess what you find? yes, literature... even in russia, indicating that your "holy" government is not even willing to disprove. so before arguing, try to understand the arguments.
2020-07-16 09:47
My government is open for a dialogue and disapproved all the serious accusations towards us, it never hid anything and was up for admitting the wrongdoings. It was no paradise but definitely not half as bad as it's being portrayed now.
2020-07-16 09:48
"it never hid anything and was up for admitting the wrongdoings" yah sure.. nothing more to say
2020-07-16 09:50
Good then, I got better things to do.
2020-07-16 09:50
man, no government on this planet hides nothing... you live an illusion.
2020-07-16 13:00
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Do you miss the Soviet Union?
2020-07-13 11:06
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
In some ways, yes, especially from the social side. But other than that, no.
2020-07-13 11:11
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
social?
2020-07-13 12:39
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Yes, social, it was much better back then. People were much more erudite on average.
2020-07-13 12:53
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
I personally think that there is no need to miss the social environment of extreme political pressure.
2020-07-13 13:03
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
I'm talking from the people's perspective, not the social construct as a whole, it was mostly dictatorship, yes, I don't miss nothing from there. But the people's relations were much more sincere, innocent, sugar-coated but that sugar made hard times the good times and those you wish to come back to.
2020-07-13 13:16
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
High-pressure politics scares the people, the price of sugar coating is too high...By the way, do you want to go back to the Soviet era, under Stalin? ? ?
2020-07-13 13:45
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Although if you try hard enough, there's still good to be found, but as I said, I don't miss nothing from the time of unspoken dictatorship but there is time, like 1961-1967, I could easily settle for a couple of years.
2020-07-13 13:47
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Do you think that if Nazarbayev comes to power after the success of 819, can he save the Soviet Union?
2020-07-13 13:54
I think literally anyone could do better than Mr. Gorbatchev did, it still was maintainable up until that point.
2020-07-13 13:55
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Maybe the Russian Republic is a better choice than the Soviet Union.
2020-07-13 14:00
It had the power we've yet to match, although, maybe just recently we have, not sure. But we've lost much more than we've gained. Bad times, bad times.
2020-07-13 14:01
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
I’m talking about the regime that lost to the Bolshevik after the Russian Empire😂. If it won the civil war, maybe everything will be very different.
2020-07-13 14:08
Maybe but it's too far gone to speculate, gotta look in the future now.
2020-07-13 14:10
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Russia's future has a long way to go, and the relationship between Germany and Russia still has a lot of room for development. It is best if Russia joins the EU and uses the euro.
2020-07-13 14:20
Wouldn't be that bad at all, but with that seemingly, unharmful benefit, comes a more darkening pay out. I still would rather prefer that I think, but it's too unclear to claim anything for certain in this day and age.
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
In any case, the development of German-Russian relations is crucial, which will allow us to better respond to the threat from the East.
2020-07-13 14:27
Yes, I'm not in good with politics but every time I hear that our bond is rising, I'm genuinely happy.
2020-07-13 14:44
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
According to the Pew report, Russia, as the world’s main force, has increased its influence significantly compared with ten years ago, and its growth rate is second only to China... And because of the high degree of overlap between Russia and China’s influence, with the continuous expansion of China’s influence The relationship between Russia and China is deteriorating, Maybe you will need us one day to deal with the new threat of communism.
2020-07-13 15:37
Communism in itself isn't even that bad, it's that it's really hard to implement and have any kind of productive stability with it, we had it for a while but then it all went down. Still, I wish we would become much closer in the future.
2020-07-13 15:42
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
China’s rising national chauvinism is not friendly to white countries, they say whites bullied them, and then they want to give back in full... IMHO the harm caused by racial conflicts is more terrible than different systems, especially in the face of Such rising power like China.
2020-07-13 16:03
I'm strongly against it, too. Racism is such a low key crime, in all its forms and actions. But open wide liberalism ain't much better too, it's all about finding a balance and keeping it even.
2020-07-13 16:08
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
In fact, many people in China want to retake Vladivostok by force. They are powerful and have huge territorial expansion ambitions. What is important is that they are extremely hostile to white people and their fanatical nationalist education cannot stop. If one day China Really become a world leader, we white people will not have a good ending. (The Yellow Disaster Theory has always been applicable)
2020-07-13 16:27
Hopefully it never happens, otherwise I don't even know. We should get together.
2020-07-13 17:13
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
I am not a racist, but white people should indeed unite to deal with an xenophobic power like China, a 1.4 billion population communist country with a terrible war potential, which is far more threatening than the Nazis incited by nationalists.
2020-07-14 01:03
But it doesn't feel they will go on for war anytime soon, their main concern is to keep grinding market and build economy, open combat is not rewarding and they don't have to fight to achieve superiority.
2020-07-14 01:59
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Yes, nothing will happen in the short term. They are smarter than the Nazis because they can tolerate, they will not do it until there is no absolute advantage, and we must not allow them to gain an absolute advantage. Europe, Russia and the United States should unite to defend Western culture. Crystallize it from the destruction of Eastern xenophobic power (mainly China and North Korea).
2020-07-14 03:49
 | 
Finland R3ALMM
I mean we have nothing major except for stealing the lands we are living on
2020-07-13 08:18
wtf u guys stole it? i only hear about you Finns defending it from Russia
2020-07-13 08:22
 | 
Finland R3ALMM
We originally stole it from the people of Sami who now live in lapland. It was long ago but I'll still acknowledge it
2020-07-13 08:49
+1 acknowledgment is the vvay togo
2020-07-13 09:41
That "stole" is the same "stole" as in American stole Indian territory in NA ? Cause conquering isn't stealing...
2020-07-13 13:01
 | 
Finland R3ALMM
Not as bad as the indian massacre we just kinda drove them away instead og murdering everyone
2020-07-13 13:02
That's not stealing
2020-07-13 13:09
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
Your history knowledge isn't just poor but also inaccurate, consider investing time into this subject in the future.
2020-07-13 11:36
Why would I give a fuck about Finnish history tell me how it really went smart man.
2020-07-13 12:03
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
There's not much of a reasoning I can provide for that, but since you spread the things that you just "hear", you're spreading misinformation, you either refrain from doing so or get to know the subject better. Simple as that.
2020-07-13 12:04
Didn't the soviets invade finland? Obviously im not extremely educated on it but I thought that was basic knowledge.
2020-07-13 12:09
 | 
Russia VelsVivard
It can't be asked straight, formally - yes, but there is reasoning to it, it was so only because the Finns declined the peace offer and lands in exchange for the borrow of the borderline during the upcoming Nazi attack. They would receive so much more than they've lost! And they still declined. Although formally we have invaded, but only across the borderline and we didn't intend to kill anyone, the actual offense came from the Finns, we defended, although on an enemy territory. Weird case but so is life.
2020-07-13 12:12
POLISH PEOPLE 0 IQ FUCK ANDRZEJ DUDA.
2020-07-13 08:27
whats the context for this.
2020-07-13 08:32
RIP Poland will be the second Belarus.
2020-07-13 08:49
 | 
France daniel19
is it settled ? heard it was incredibly close
2020-07-13 09:11
Poland re-elected a president that is mostly supported by elder people afaik
2020-07-13 09:16
the worst leaders are always the ones only old people like
villages, old people (50+) and the poorest regions of the country voted for him, cities, young people and richer regions of the country voted for Trzaskowski
2020-07-13 09:41
shocking how hard working people from the countryside see it differently than young downtown libtards who can barely wipe their own ass alone 👌😎
2020-07-13 10:48
based
2020-07-13 12:11
In Poland, it looks a little different because Duda does not reward hard work with his program, it only distributes social benefits, if these people worked hard, they would prefer, for example, a larger amount free of income tax instead of giving away money for giving birth to children, what groups will vote for each of them was known from the beginning, it was only unknown which of these groups would be larger and what would be the difference
2020-07-13 16:15
imagine thinking real hard working people are lowly individualist traitors 👌🤢
2020-07-13 16:17
Audi | 
Germany I_car
EU population is getting older, it may become the norm
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Nothing weird here
2020-07-13 14:26
Audi | 
Germany I_car
I have to bookmark this or smth
2020-07-13 14:25
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Didn't expect 13 posts tbh
2020-07-13 14:24
Audi | 
Germany I_car
I feel sorry for Poland
Audi | 
Germany I_car
My internet is cool 😎😎
2020-07-13 14:23
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Has somebody seen more than 13 posts?
2020-07-13 14:23
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Number 11
2020-07-13 14:22
Audi | 
Germany I_car
Number 12
2020-07-13 14:22
Audi | 
Germany I_car
13 posts, first time I see this
wtf bro :DD, one time would be enough.
 | 
Ukraine volod1m1r
u broke hltv mens))
Audi | 
Germany I_car
I'm hecker 😎
2020-07-13 14:33
daps | 
United States wtcce4
yeah, especially when it comes to the civil war, I mean I was the only one who knew about the march to the sea in my class, not to mention almost every teacher I had up until my gov class omitted the crazy shit the union did in order to keep the peace
2020-07-13 08:32
 | 
Finland Palomies
Same here. We had like 3 lessons on our civil war, even though we literally had Nazi-like concentration camps on both sides. They were lacking the technology to destroy people, but definitely not the will to. Touchy subjects these.
2020-07-13 10:56
yes but mostly other countries, here they give the full thing on our county’s history
2020-07-13 08:55
Philippines history always sounded interesting but I never got around to looking into it. One day.
2020-07-13 09:00
 | 
France daniel19
It's bizarre in France, there so many things that many stuff gets overlooked kinda, post WW2 is not taught, also Napoleonic Wars / between WW1 and Revolution it's not detailed. To be honest i don't remember very well my history classes but in last year of highschool I picked history as an option and Middle East was very fun.
2020-07-13 09:11
What about Africa/Colonie stuff? They teach you about that? Just curious
2020-07-13 09:17
 | 
France daniel19
Yes, third republic is taught because teaching here is super bias towards republic viewpoint (revolution good+++++++) and it ironically third republic was the first one. They taught us about colonies for sure : canada, africa and indochina. but again it's been long since now plus teaching programs change. I don't recall being taught a lot about algerian indepedence war and indochina war tho. Do you guys learn about HRE/Bismarck and your colonies aswell ?
2020-07-13 09:21
Yea they teach us about that. Bismarck is one of the biggest guys in German history tbh. After all he played big role uniting Germany 1871. But they also taught us a lot of European History before that as well. Louis XIV, French revolution/robespiere, Napoleon etc. We had this stuff in class 6-8 I'd say, after that is basically all about Nazi Germany/WW2 and not very much after WW2 tbh. Actually German colonies never played a big role for our Nation compared to France/Britain etc. since Bismarck wasnt a big fan of it
2020-07-13 09:30
 | 
France daniel19
yeah okay makes sense, your program sounds more solid, tbh i wouldn't want to learn german history at hre period with the mess it was lmao upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c.. also i guess luther and protestantism plays a big part, here church role at least is not undermine when we learn about kings and monarchy
2020-07-13 09:34
History classes are so bad, they teach you about European Colonialism in the XIX but the main problem with History taught in schools is that it isnt very detailed and like said above, a bit biased.
2020-07-17 12:51
native americans are a bit of a talking point, but the totally ignore the USA's alterior motives in the post vvorld vvar tvvo vvorld
2020-07-13 09:23
Well all of US post WW2 alterior motives were to bring peace and freedom to the world, wasn't it?
2020-07-13 09:32
yes 😎
Duh, obviously
2020-07-13 13:23
all regions middle -east/ Asia/africa are full or imperialism/ genocide too .... but theyr history is not writen all the time because they did not had like Europeans greeks historians since ancient times.
2020-07-13 12:06
 | 
Germany hjngvnhgg
Where is your Romanian flag? Communist jerk🤢!
2020-07-13 15:44
Ofc they do. History books and teachers has been talking about how good your country really is but they dont talk about bad things they did. When we talk about a war we have won they are like "you see how good we are" and when they talk about a war which has went bad for us , they are like "because of this commanders/sultans bad ideas we have lost." They are always finding someone to blame on any fail. When I started to learns about Turkish history I was like " OMG Ottoman Empire is an itopia. Fuck all the other countries but when I started to read some books and watched some videos from objective guy I saw we are not good as much as I guessed. But millions of people has learned our history from teachers or media so they still think that we are the best and for example when US dollar is getting expensive we are blaming USA . Its not their blame Its because of bad president and his leadership but they think Turks dont make mistakes. Fuck this mens.
2020-07-13 12:22
device | 
Denmark JKTP
Germans are good at reminding there people about how bad they are
2020-07-13 13:26
device | 
Denmark JKTP
List of countries that skip bad parts of history starter pack - The US (History could literally be yesterday so they are still doing something bad, Afghanistan much) - Russia (COMMUNISM) - Turkey (Armenian? what is that) - UK (We never did anything bad guys)
2020-07-13 13:26
Em...I don't think that russians thought that USSR was bad period in their history , but when we talk about their relationship with Ukraine...
2020-07-13 14:06
Chi*cough
2020-07-13 14:12
Most Scandinavians are proud of their Viking history, and it´s glorified a lot. We skip lightly over the fighting, pillaging and slavery, because "everybody did that 1000 years ago - Vikings just did it better". I´m a co-conspirator, as I actually teach history at a school, and I´m OK with it. Danes also had colonies and slaves in the West Indies, but that is more overlooked, even though it only ended about the same time as slavery in USA. That history of slavery is getting a lot more attention now, in a good way, and the attention started before the whole Floyd and BLM blew up. I think awareness is good, as long as things are not over-simplified.
2020-07-13 13:36
Oh man, it's been so long since I had history in school, I can't remember what was said about Sweden.
2020-07-13 14:08
Yes! Even here in "transparent" denmark there were shamefull parts of history that did not get much air-time in class compared to the more glorious ones.
No, we were shown in graphic detail how we got used as a cumdumpster.
2020-07-13 14:40
Poland?
2020-07-14 23:18
 | 
Estonia mr_abdul
Cant have bad history if ur country has been oppressed for the whole time😎😎😎
2020-07-13 14:49
Finland pretty much never did anything bad to anyone
2020-07-13 16:44
except being nazi hehe
2020-07-13 17:17
Never was?
2020-07-13 18:04
That's BS?
2020-07-14 02:14
" only European countries were imperialist." Yeah, that's one heap of shit that the leftist education system indoctrinated you with. Japan being a classic counter-example to this.
2020-07-14 02:15
Why should someone "left" not talk about the wrongdoings of a "right" goverment, do you really think that this is some "left" agenda?
2020-07-14 05:27
These guys are delusional as fuck
2020-07-16 09:27
xdddddddd
2020-07-14 05:26
xDXDXDXD
2020-07-17 09:58
Pretty much every country do that
2020-07-14 14:12
lol history classes here skipped over how yugoslavia between the world wars tried to turn every other ethnicity into serbs
2020-07-14 14:15
History is the most useless class in school
2020-07-14 23:22
Art? Music?
2020-07-17 09:57
you have classes for those in ur country? lul
2020-07-17 10:01
In the early grades, yes - wasn't specified
2020-07-17 10:15
who tf cars about history class anyway
2020-07-17 10:01
nah
2020-07-17 10:02
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
I would say yes. Let me give you a history lesson : when Pakistan got separated from India, it was formed in to two parts, The East Pakistan and The West. They were on opposite sides of India, hence the names East and West. This happened in 1947 and 24 years later, East Pakistan became another Independent country called Bangladesh. Now here it's basically taught that India was the one who made that possible and that they were the reason behind the whole rift and such which isn't true at all. Yes India did actually aided East Pakistan to be a sovereign state but it was actually the discrimination and the attitude and the oppression of West towards East that gave way for the problem to grow and turn out like this and in the end we lost half of our then country. This is mostly skimmed over here and not talked about but it's the reality
2020-07-17 10:03
ok terrorist
2020-07-17 10:09
Respect him. He’s not a terrorist.
2020-07-17 10:10
Renegades
Rooster
Gambit Youngsters
Syman
Liquid
Ze Pug Godz
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.