Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Pistols take zero skill.
NiKo | 
United Kingdom p0mpouS 
This is evidenced by the fact the best pistol players are not the best aimers, you then have people like rain playing like shit on rifles but killing it on pistols rounds, meanwhile Niko who at that point was dropping 1.2-1.3 ratings is average of the pistol round, isnt this strange that on a round that is meant to be all about single shot accuracy that one of if not the most accurate rifler in the world cant play pistols as well as rain, a guy who cant even awp and hasnt been a top 30 player in years. Just watch the rounds the amount of running kills people get while shooting way faster than the recovery time of the weapons themselves, on a rifle round this would lead to you getting zero kills, the same should happen on pistol rounds as this is not how you play CS its a tactical shooter and you have these odd round s at the start of each half that have almost nothing in common with the rest of the game, they stand out like a sore thumb.
2020-07-14 09:59
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Other Alibaba!
My Rambo blade, my bae that, bae that, Bleach that after I bathe that.
2020-07-14 10:00
I would not say they do not take skill to kill its just very different playstyle with pistols compared to rifles... if everything is set up on point on rifle vs pistol rounds rifles obviously beat pistols - it all kinda depends on utility usage and positioning on rifles... but overall yes if you are good on pistols it kinda sometimes looks like they are a bit OP when comparing them with rifles by the price... but thats CS - no game is fun when its 100% balanced, remember that
2020-07-14 10:21
just because u can run and gun doesn't mean it doesn't take skill
2020-07-14 10:01
NiKo | 
United Kingdom p0mpouS
You would be correct if the guns remained accurate while moving but they dont, they become inaccurate enough to be inconsistent but not accurate enough to really aim, you can do the same thing 5 times in a row and get a different outcome every time, its not repeatable therefore its not skill. You either need to commit to the run and gun or slow them down and make them only accurate while standing, right now they are in this strange mid ground and it sucks.
2020-07-14 10:03
yeah thats true but i think its just csgo movement that's shit where it looks like ur running but u stop to shoot
2020-07-14 10:04
NiKo | 
United Kingdom p0mpouS
No its not that at all as its not an issue in rifle rounds where people have to stop to have a hope in hell of hitting anything.
2020-07-14 10:06
idk mens, movement works slightly different with pistols than with rifles and idk how to explain it. that moment in between running and stopping, ur aim isn't punished in that moment with pistols the same way with rifles. the time for ur recoil to adjust is less afaik. i have many clips where im like running with p2k and stopping and shooting where its 100% accurate, but with ak they would miss i think
2020-07-14 10:09
stop talking shit to my boy rain
2020-07-14 10:09
NiKo | 
United Kingdom p0mpouS
What about RPK, bot 99% of the game then is like 0.01 rating behind Zywoo on pistols, the rounds are broken. I mean Golden is 1.19, its nonsense.
2020-07-14 10:12
NiKo | 
United Kingdom p0mpouS
I mean lets look at this. Elige Zywoo Frozen RPK How is a bot like RPK in the same realm as Zywoo in anything, RPK is better than one of if not the most skilled player ever s1mple when it comes to pistols, thats all you need to see.
2020-07-14 10:10
Dumb thread Jonathan E, please shut this down.
2020-07-14 10:17
But im right, if skilled players and unskilled players are having similar success there is an issue with the mechanics.
2020-07-14 10:17
Pistols level the playing field, still requires immense skill to deliver consistently
2020-07-14 10:27
Level the playing field by lowering the skill ceiling and introducing RNG, thats not a good thing.
2020-07-14 10:29
How is RNG involved?
2020-07-14 10:30
Very simple. compare the overall accuracy of the pistols vs rifles, rifles already have first shot inaccuracy and the pistols are even worse. If the guns remained accurate while moving it would be skilled but they dont, they become inaccurate enough to be inconsistent but not accurate enough to really aim, you can do the same thing 5 times in a row and get a different outcome every time, its not repeatable therefore its not skill. You either need to commit to the run and gun or slow them down and make them only accurate while standing, right now they are in this strange mid ground and it sucks. I can legit do the same thing every pistol round and the variance on the outcomes is insane because of the guns themselves, on rounds you get a 5k, the next nothing will land, you dont get this with rifles, its far more consistent.
2020-07-14 10:33
It’s not dissimilar from controlling spray though, it just requires you to have more understanding of how your movements are effecting outcome
2020-07-14 10:34
No its not even similar, random spread is completely random, spray isnt apart from the build up of inaccuracy of shooting, pistols dont really have a pattern, so you can aim perfectly and miss, or you can aim off their head and still hit, its broken. You can account for spray/recoil, you cant for random spread.
2020-07-14 10:36
 | 
Israel GrandpaZ
Imo its only the glock that is broken...the usps actually requires some skill, and youre rewarded for good aim there, but ffs the glock can be so op at times. This run spam and pray tactic many people are using with the glock makes me wanna puke.
2020-07-14 10:20
Why do you think some people are better with pistols then?
2020-07-14 10:22
Luck, its really that simple, some people get more lucky than other or there are slight nuances in what they do that abuse the broken nature of the rounds, they are basically a little better at playing the RNG, but this isnt what i would call skilled.
2020-07-14 10:23
Then why do you have some players who very often go ham with the pistols compared to other players? Some people are better pistol players just as some are better with the awp. There is a reason better players usually also do better with pistols.
2020-07-14 10:45
" or there are slight nuances in what they do that abuse the broken nature of the rounds, they are basically a little better at playing the RNG, but this isnt what i would call skilled." I said why, they are better at abusing the rng, also tjhere are very few of them so the sample size is much smaller than rifles, you can also get away with more errors in pistols rounds. "There is a reason better players usually also do better with pistols." Meanwhile you have RPK doing better than Niko, Cold, S1mple, Device, Dupreeh, Magisk and many other elite players when it comes to skill.
2020-07-14 10:48
Even if its all about abusing the rng then thats a skill on its own, so if they're abusing it better than others then their pistol skills are better than others, just as some people are better "abusing" the awp. Skill in csgo isn't one thing, its multiple different sets of skills.
2020-07-14 12:50
But its not consistent and its not based on true player skill since RPK is up with Zywoo and Niko is worse than Golden.
2020-07-14 12:51
Some people are still better with pistols than others. Yeah glock run and gun can be kind of abused and its annoying but its still a skill in its own right.
2020-07-14 13:18
Being better at abusing rng is also skill, no?
2020-07-14 12:51
Not really, because the RNG itself is still a limiting factor and therefore determines gun fights very often it would make more sense to eradicate RNG and have skill determine the outcome, you know CSGO is meant to be a skill based game right.
2020-07-14 12:52
If someone is consistently better at something than someone else, then it can not be rng. They must be doing something different/better to get themselves that success
2020-07-14 12:54
This would be the case if it followed skill distribution, it doesnt its also still very random as you can see by the players, people like RPK in the top 4.
2020-07-14 12:56
Rifle skills do not transfer 1:1 to pistol skills, they follow different mechanics. You can't just take the best rifle players and expect them to also be the best pistol players. The aiming styles and movement styles are completely different in pistol rounds compared to rifle rounds. There are plenty of differences between the two.
2020-07-14 12:59
Yeah the mechanical difference is thus. With rifles you need to have the skill to coordinate your shots and your movement, with pistol this is taken away, lowering the skill ceiling, you also have the rng from the inaccuracy, this means you can kinda run and gun and kinda stand a shoot, this means no matter what you do its subject to masses of rng.
2020-07-14 13:01
Again, if someone is CONSISTENTLY performing within something, it can not be based only on rng, there HAS TO BE some skill factor
2020-07-14 13:02
But if there was then RPK would not be top 4 so its not leveraging skill like it should be and that has no place in a skill based game.
2020-07-14 13:11
Why? Why can't RPK just be better at the mechanics that pistol rounds require than other pros? Why can't RPK just play smarter postions for pistol rounds than other pros? Why can't he just be better at tracking movement and therefore be better at shooting running people?
2020-07-14 13:14
Because you can see how bad his mechanics are and you can see he cant apply any of it in real rounds.
2020-07-14 13:17
Consistency = skill I made my point, I have nothing to add from here. If you disagree, that's fine, but I think you're wrong.
2020-07-14 13:18
But the pistol rounds are leveraging skill hence bad players doing well, the skill ceiling on them is too low. I can tell that in pistols DM, ill crouch and slowly tap on someone head and well both be still and im right on the dead centre and ill miss, ill then run and spam and get an instant HS, thats not skilled.
2020-07-14 13:20
I really dont believe in luck. Imo every gun takes skill to use and its up to the players playstyle and preferences which make a player better or worse using a pistol, rifle, smg or a sniper.
2020-07-14 14:54
Pistol round is somethin totally different than rifle rounds. Its a bonus to start with if u win. And grind harder if u lose. U can buy dual burettas if u wanna run&gun and u might even ez win it. Cant compare pist to rifle rounds🤔🤔
2020-07-14 10:22
But im saying the skills required should be similar.
2020-07-14 10:24
Then they should lower firerate and accuracy and damage etc to make it like a deag vs deag round. Requires skill
2020-07-14 10:43
Some think that, i think just make is so when running you have virtually no chance of hitting also nerf ADAD somehow, make it so constant ADAD builds up inaccuracy, this means you cant just spam it.
2020-07-14 10:44
 | 
Europe BIG_BIGFAN
flag checks out
2020-07-14 10:23
usp takes a lot of skill.
2020-07-14 10:43
It can, but then you see the fade away HS when some is running, thats not skill, you then see someone aim perfectly on someone head and it misses, its still partial to a bit of BS.
2020-07-14 10:45
 | 
Slovakia weedko222
It takes skill, but its random af
2020-07-14 10:51
If its random it cant take skill, those things are mutually exclusive.
2020-07-14 10:53
 | 
Slovakia weedko222
ok, so for example silver and global go 1v1 in pistol who will win ? ofc global cuz silver sill aim to his legs
2020-07-14 11:05
But thats because the skill gap is so immense, as soon as you have anyone within the same league it goes completely random and sometimes inverse with the likes of RPK doing better than s1mple.
2020-07-14 11:06
pistols should just be 100% accurate or not accurate at all while moving
2020-07-14 11:08
They should make it 100% accurate while jumping
2020-07-14 11:16
could think of worse things tbch
2020-07-14 11:17
 | 
Serbia DjapeZ
I wouldnt say 0 skill, but they are pretty random thats fact
2020-07-14 11:35
 | 
Germany snicxx
They have way too much impact ofc. If a T side wins the pistol, they can start to build bank. And if ct doesn’t manage to deny the plant and survive with at least 3 prople. They are in an eco trap and 1 lose can costs them the next 2-3 rounds. So many times looks like the cts come back from a 0-4 -> 4:4 losing 1 round and it’s 4-7 already. I don’t understand this eco system either. You playing more ecos and half buys than gunrounds on ct. feels like
2020-07-14 11:48
If pistols would require zero skill then you could just take a silver and put him up against pros and he would perform on the same level as them. That is not the point.
2020-07-14 12:49
 | 
Israel Sonnabend
This is evidenced by the fact the best pistol players are not the best aimers, you then have people like rain playing like shit on rifles but killing it on pistols rounds, meanwhile Niko who at that point was dropping 1.2-1.3 ratings is average of the pistol round, isnt this strange that on a round that is meant to be all about single shot accuracy that one of if not the most accurate rifler in the world cant play pistols as well as rain, a guy who cant even awp and hasnt been a top 30 player in years. Just watch the rounds the amount of running kills people get while shooting way faster than the recovery time of the weapons themselves, on a rifle round this would lead to you getting zero kills, the same should happen on pistol rounds as this is not how you play CS its a tactical shooter and you have these odd round s at the start of each half that have almost nothing in common with the rest of the game, they stand out like a sore thumb.
2020-07-14 12:56
 | 
Netherlands Titanos
Stopped reading after the first sentence. The pistols are the epitome of pure accuracy because you cannot spray a single bit. Pistol deathmatch is just you and your pure accuracy and pure movement. In pistol rounds, you dont have to worry about AWPers, rifles, spraydowns.
2020-07-14 13:03
You mean they have worse first shot accuracy than rifles and can run and gun........ Makes sense, spray control is a skill, ADAD spamming and spewing bullets isnt, thats what most pros do.
2020-07-14 13:12
So clicking heads at moving targets with a usp-s is not a skill?
2020-07-14 13:24
It would be if it was consistent, but it will randomly miss when on target or his when off target then you have the running HS that dont deserve kills.
2020-07-14 13:25
 | 
Netherlands Titanos
64 tick mm player?
2020-07-14 14:21
Shit.. Anyways looks like P250 drop is working
2020-07-14 13:28
if these "bad" players are the best at playing pistol they must be doing something right. It doesn't make sense to say that playing pistol takes no skill, because everyone would be good in that case
2020-07-14 13:23
VERTEX
Ground Zero
FATE
Galaxy Racer
FURIA
Chaos
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.