Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Are Jobs a Scam Nowadays??
Happy | 
United States KinglyFish 
I'm constantly hearing about how you gotta constantly network and hustle to get a job and your skills won't speak for themselves. But, isn't the point of a job not having to deal with all that BS and just being hired on ability? If I have great skills, can network, and hustle why wouldn't I just start my own business consulting or something? Companies have played a mental mind game with us that even competent people shouldn't network and hustle to start their own business, but just to work for them.
2020-07-16 12:25
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Because that’s when the government comes in and decides, “hey since you have a business clearly you are worth more than the average person” and decided to give you 15 different taxes best case scenario.
2020-07-16 12:27
Smaller companies should honestly have a lower tax rate. These big companies have too much leverage over their employees. Companies are demanding slick go-getters who're computer science geniuses for even entry level coding jobs.
2020-07-16 12:32
I work for a small business in Texas, so in order to be a franchise, you have to have 4 separate locations. We are about to open a 2nd store but there’s a bunch of taxes to pay, health inspectors that won’t come out because of the virus, all these shipments that arrive late. It’s really hard owning a small business, you’re barely making it by. Last year my owner had to pay about $20k in taxes.
2020-07-16 12:35
Meanwhile Amazon pays zero in taxes. I'd be fine if everything was even and everyone paid the same thing, but big corporations have a clear advantage. And since small businesses struggle, everyone needs to work for them.
2020-07-16 12:36
Our profit margin is so little on the stuff we sell. Might make $2 best case on a couple items. My manager/owner wants to lower it that way people don’t have to spend as much and we put a lot of man time into this. For one sandwich, it takes about 20 hours of labor. We sell it for $6.48 including tax and only make about a 50 cent profit on it.
2020-07-16 12:39
Yeah I'd never open a restaurant these days unless it was fine dining or something, especially if it's a sub shop. Subway can undercut your prices with their factory processed sandwiches that taste like cardboard. And the worst part about cold sandwiches is only people who eat them a lot can really tell a huge difference between a high quality sandwich and factory processed chain stuff.
2020-07-16 12:44
We sell smoothies, bowls and sandwiches. Our most expensive item goes for $10.77 with tax, we literally make a dollar profit off of it. The amount of labor and connections is insane. But one day I know the effort will be worth it. My boss wants me to be the new manger or head chef at the other store, he believes because I am young I will be able to carry the brand to new heights.
2020-07-16 12:59
Well if the brand grows into something special maybe you can turn working there into a high paying career.
2020-07-16 13:05
My boss literally earns $3.75 an hour I find it both sad and funny.
2020-07-16 13:08
How does he live off that little? Lmao.
2020-07-16 13:09
Well it’s a family owned business and he is the owner but most of the money doesn’t go to him. His dad works for IPM or whatever that software company is called so his family is sort of rich.
2020-07-16 13:12
"For one sandwich, it takes about 20 hours of labor" I understand there is a lot of labor involved behind the scenes (receiving and unpacking ingredients, cleaning, actually making the food etc) but if it is 20 hours of labor for one sandwich your company is doing something very wrong rofl
2020-07-16 18:27
It’s not 20 hours but it’s almost 10. We get the meat from the butcher and then spend 6 hours preparing the meat and another 2-3 hours preparing the sauce and we also spend like an hour getting the buns.
2020-07-18 12:34
that's not "one sandwich", if you do that each for one sandwich your business deserves to fail and why does it take you 3 hours to make sauce and an hour to get buns :D wtf are you guys doing :D
2020-07-18 12:38
Well yeah but when I made my comment I was in a state of anger. It’s really more like 30 sandwiches.
2020-07-18 12:39
 | 
Lebanon Dogman69
stopped reading at 20 hours of labor for 1 sandwich
2020-07-16 18:57
#68.
1 sandwich 20 hours of labor :DDDDDDDDD
2020-07-18 11:03
#68.
They do. In Europe :)
2020-07-16 13:00
Meanwhile in America small sandwich shops paying more taxes than Amazon.
2020-07-16 13:02
that's how it goes in plutocracies. there's a frightening amount of people in the united states that think taxation is theft, which.. obviously it is not. however, if you think of politicians as people whose sole job is to collect taxes fairly and share them equally to build more infrastructure and services.. do you think this has been achieved? probably not.. then there's the concept of trickle-down-economics, something which i think is obnoxious and offensive. it assumes that by making the bigger company fatter, the bigger company's profits is going to magically make the rest more wealthy and prosperous as well. nah. that usually never happens. as an example in japan, one of the bigger gaming companies whose manager or someone who made the big bucks received the order to fire a lot of their employees. he sacrificed a lot of his own paycheck to keep them there, because he knew they needed the talent. meanwhile activision blizzard fires 800 of their own people during their most profitable year ever. american people worship money like its their only goal in life and TAX EVASION is the REAL NATIONAL SPORT.
2020-07-16 13:24
You're delusional if you don't recognize that this is going on in many countries across the world, not just the USA
2020-07-16 18:28
you're delusional if you think i claimed that. i pick the united states because it is the best example. just look at their telecommunications infrastructure. it's the perfect example why the government (the people who have been voted in) need to interfere in business practices on some level. the prices are outrageous compared to other countries that have subsidized infrastructure. i mean HOLY SHIT.. verizon is offering UNLIMITED, which is 80 dollars a month and it's not even UNLIMITED DATA. i have real unlimited data and i'm just paying something about 30 dollars a month in usd after taxes. it's just fucking bandits everywhere. bandits in healthcare, bandits in telecommunications..
2020-07-16 23:09
Imagine you püay tax as the volume of the company. Example when you work for a small company with 10 people you pay 20% taxes. When you work for 1000+ you pay 40+%
2020-07-16 14:00
making 1000+ jobs and half ur income goes to the trash, gud
2020-07-16 17:40
Nope, the companies just have to pay more for their employees... then they can't use tax avoiding.
2020-07-16 21:34
 | 
Lebanon Dogman69
then the big company will restructure these 1000 employees into 100 different business entities and pay the 20% it won't work, big companies will scheme
2020-07-16 19:00
Then government say sub-companies belong to main companies we give a fuck.
2020-07-16 21:34
Im about to shed a tear :')
2020-07-18 06:37
Why?
2020-07-18 10:46
 | 
Denmark Gomer_Pyle
Oh it goes much deeper than that my friend. Notice how job-ads lists "entrepreneurial" "inovative" "adaptable" as desired attributes for almost any job-type. The disconnect between expectations and reality is permeating through more and more aspects of life - maybe its a pandemic.
2020-07-16 12:43
I understand if a company wants good team work skills, but they all want a slick go-getter for even entry level technical jobs. These are real job listing I see these days: Machine Learning Engineer, PhD preferred/required, 5+ years of experience in their specific corporate technology, needs to know 10 more obscure technologies that take years to master. Needs to be a strong communicator, professional, etc... Salary: 80k a year. LMAO.
2020-07-16 12:52
But the funny thing about IT jobs is the interviewer will be a HR girl with zero IT knowledge. All you have to do is to fool her men))
2020-07-16 14:07
Most interviews for decent companies have a round where you're interviewed by HR, then an engineer. The engineer is reasonable, but HR will automatically judge you on their ridiculous resume requirements.
2020-07-16 14:59
According to communists they are. They are fueled by hatred towards rich and claim to care about the poor just to virtue signal. Stop listening to radical leftists and see your quality of life grow more positive.
2020-07-16 12:43
Bro I'm saying instead of getting a job you should start your own business if you have a great network and can hustle. I don't see how that's communist at all.
2020-07-16 12:58
it's different in the united states. they really do have legitimate grievances there. judging by your flag you're from finland and let's compare the united states and finland in just one aspect: telecommunications & networks. the state subsidized all the stations, so they're investing into it heavily on the condition that all telecommunication companies can use the same station. this leads to fairer prices for the customers and no mafia-like monopoly where like in the states.. they can charge you 30 euros for just few gigabytes of data a month.
2020-07-16 13:30
jobs isnt a scam but money is. if u think money is only just a useful paper then u would probably appreciate the item more than the burnable paper. trust me. one day it will change MENZ ]] money would would be useless and people only want to learn some skills instead and go from teacher to teacher. heh
2020-07-16 12:45
Money's always gonna be around man. Not sure what you mean by people going from teacher to teacher instead of using money.
2020-07-16 12:54
I think a lot of this has to do with the outsourcing of jobs. There's really isn't that many local companies providing local products anymore.
2020-07-16 12:59
basically, i got a high paying job cuz my brother works at the place and is friends with the hiring manager. i dont deserve it at all tbh but thats life
2020-07-16 13:03
Kinda tempted to just ask my parents for a recommendation at this point. I can probably get a job myself, but nepotism pays much better.
2020-07-16 13:04
At some point you just gotta put your own needs above others. I know what I did was shitty but at the end of the day I needed the job....
2020-07-16 17:05
It's what the world's come to man. Pretty much everyone would do the same thing and just take the job from nepotism, it's definitely shitty but I wouldn't feel too bad about it.
2020-07-16 17:37
Yeah tbf world has been like this for a long time haha
2020-07-16 17:51
Difference is there was more jobs for educated workers back in the day. Education gets cheaper every day.
2020-07-16 18:18
 | 
Lebanon Dogman69
Education is a scam because everybody has it now. It probably mattered more when low class people didn't have access to it
2020-07-16 19:03
i mean, connections are important, but if you truly have the capabilities then no you won't have trouble landing a decent job...
2020-07-16 13:06
I'm in tech and I have above average capabilities and have good, practical knowledge about computer architecture, data structures, and the basics data science/ML and I couldn't get anything these past few months. It might be due to COVID, but you'd think I'd get a call back at least.
It's kind of same here, only because my friend introduced me for a job and I do much more better than everyone else, but without it they would not have hired me I am sure. But I understand that a company wants to be good looking and a well feeling, not just job skill. I have graduate school degree and many experience still, I am a foreigner.
2020-07-18 12:49
Yeah idk if my friends can even help me though, they're even worse qualified than I am.
2020-07-18 14:15
Jobs ded because cancur :(
jobs are for people who cant be funny enough to make a living with posting cringe stuff on social media
2020-07-16 13:18
Then start your business if you know how it works. Trust me you have no idea what you are talking about. It's so easy to say that I will start a business and will never have to work in my life. Mind you though no business “runs itself” in terms of you can turn your back on it. I run an online shop and It earns around $19K/mo. currently after my three employees are paid. This requires hard work, discipline and dedication. The longer I'm involved in my own businesses and others I realize how little "sheer luck" has to do with it. Also note that different business models are more inclined to favor outsourcing most of which are online ventures and revenue numbers are meaningless without knowing the profit margin.
2020-07-16 13:31
Lmao what are you talking about? You don't understand the point of the post. The point is competing is hard, but if I have the complete skill set to compete in the market (technical skills/marketing skills, hustler mentality, and a good network) why wouldn't I at least try to start my own business? Even if it fails online businesses are relatively low investment compared to brick and mortar so you can just get a job if you fail and no worries.
2020-07-16 14:57
Because starting your own business is not easy and only few people succeed and rule the market. Competition will always be and it won't go anywhere. People hire you for your skills and it will always be like that and if you don't like it oh well, it's your problem. Link me your LinkedIn
2020-07-16 15:01
Brah I'm not gonna dox myself on here, but I have a good knowledge of Computer Hardware and programming without going into specifics. "People hire you for your skills and it will always be like that" The problem is it's not just that. They want employees with an "entrepreneurial" mindset, which is an impossible requirement since why would someone with that mindset work for them?? You don't see a problem with this or you just salty because you see this as workers whining or something?
2020-07-16 15:09
I agree, work and school has made things very difficult for themselves. The smartest thing to do is ALWAYS to make things easier but not everyone will understand such a thing. Humans are similar but they are not the same and that's why countries, schools and workplaces operate very differently from eachother. Who knows, maybe you would have done a much better job than the person interviewing you for a job. Maybe you would even have been a much better CEO of the entire company.
2020-07-16 15:07
All I want from college is two tracks for research and real world job training. Colleges prepare every student to be a researcher because they know research doesn't pay shit and this is what they have to do to get research candidates.
2020-07-16 15:50
+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 It's because of corporatist globalist propaganda trying to prevent smaller businesses from rising up
2020-07-16 15:11
I think you have this point of view, because you deeply inside know you're a smart person, but somehow U fucked up everything in life. Where did U learn to hustle? Where did your network come from? Your skills, legit born? Companies never played a mental game with you.. they only gave you an OPPORTUNITY. You are always welcome to quit and do your own, right? if it dont has anything to do with the state/goverment
2020-07-16 15:24
Nah I didn't fuck up and not planning to, hopefully it doesn't happen. Planning on starting my own business in the future and encourage others to do the same, that's the real point of this post. If you need all the skills to make it on your own to get a job, why not just stop looking for a job and create your own opportunities? You're looking at the post pessimistically.
2020-07-16 15:47
the thing i hate about apply for a job is first they look what univ you are. thats fucked up considering some ppl lives better than others. im not from a tier1 university but i have better experience than other ppl (i know its subjective). this kind of mentality happens alot in my country where those HR look at your uni first rather than their experience also jobs is just like repetitive for me at least. any bachelor ppl would fit those office jobs perfectly regardless what uni you come from
2020-07-16 18:06
In the US they mostly care about schools for business. If you're in tech the school matters way less and sometimes they don't even care if you have a degree for programming jobs.
2020-07-16 18:20
in Germany they don't care cuz for them it is all the same but. It is so different. When you have the class "statistic" in the one university with 15points (A+) you wouldn't even have 5 points (D) at another university.
2020-07-16 21:46
For example i know how to fiddle about with cars and stuff like that but it wont land me a job because on paper i can’t do it. Instead all i can do on paper is programming. In this sense the world was better before.
2020-07-16 21:36
AGREED 100%
2020-07-16 21:44
Not really sure what op is talking about If you have relevant education and experience it's nearly all you need. Couple that with an ability to show up for job interviews on time and in decent looking clean clothes. Do some practice behavioral interview questions if you need to. If you remain persistent you will find adequate work, not really a matter of if Also, there is more to starting your own business than how you're making it sound. There are plenty of businesses who's owners "have great skills, can network, and hustle" yet they still failed miserably
2020-07-16 22:03
They gave all the entry level jobs to h1b's or outsourced them, so entry level workers are fucked these days. But, yeah for an experienced worker, just speaking understandably and showing up to the interview is usually enough. Dude, I know people who own businesses. What else are you gonna do except hustle (work hard), network, and be skilled at what you do? If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, but those three things are pretty much all you can do to give yourself the best chance.
2020-07-18 06:30
Interesting thought process. I think the best thing you can do is prepare for interviews as it's the first impression you'll make. For me, I provided a few items to my employer based around uni work and I was accepted. I also had to present an investment thematic to my team with 2 days notice to "challenge me"
2020-07-18 11:00
USA shipped all the entry level jobs to China and India.
2020-07-18 19:30
Sad to hear, sometimes those people are willing to take a lower wage.
2020-07-20 00:48
 | 
Korea XigNw0w
The free market in its greatness, you have to pay more taxes, get licenses and pass certain regulations. Oh, and you have to pay for those licenses in a yearly manner to hold them and keep operating.
2020-07-18 12:01
Just Work for the state
2020-07-18 13:37
show them your premium hltv account men)), you can land any job by doing that
2020-07-18 19:33
But, how can I afford HLTV premium without a job. Classic case of the rich getting richer...
2020-07-18 19:34
ask jonathan e for an internship at hltv))
2020-07-18 19:34
There isn't much jobs in internet forum management unfortunately :(. The experience probably wouldn't do much.
2020-07-19 00:52
Rebirth
Northern Forces
Nexus
SJ
fnatic
Astralis
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.