Thread has been deleted
Last comment
USA Conservatives
Happy | 
United States KinglyFish 
What do Conservatives conserve exactly? Seems like all they wanna do is hand over America's untouched, natural land over to gigantic corporations so they can ruin and pollute it. Also they wanna give rich people as many tax breaks and loopholes as humanely possible and drive up the deficit.
2020-08-23 05:17
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
OK | 
Peru TheJuan
Seems like you answered your own question
2020-08-23 05:18
14 replies
ok juan
2020-08-23 05:25
3 replies
OK | 
Peru TheJuan
Hello megamo
2020-08-23 05:29
2 replies
why are you calling me that?
2020-08-23 05:35
1 reply
OK | 
Peru TheJuan
0/8 Dont even try
2020-08-23 05:36
 | 
Brazil TabzeN
🧙‍♀️ I'm a magician, I summon all TheJuan ALTS 🌟BOOOOOM!🌟
2020-08-23 05:28
4 replies
OK | 
Peru TheJuan
Good thing I have 0 alts!!
2020-08-23 05:29
What alts
2020-08-23 05:30
1 reply
+1 no one alts
 | 
Germany I_car
Alts are not allowed in hltv
2020-08-23 10:26
I'm just confused because I don't see much conservation in that.
2020-08-23 05:42
4 replies
maybe research shit and you may learn some thing instead of watching CNN. do not respond i do not get notifications so go research things and learn for yourself instead of being the leftist sheep you seem to be
2020-08-24 01:13
3 replies
Name 5 things Conservatives are trying to conserve not including their donors' bank accounts. Feel free not to respond.
2020-08-24 01:14
2 replies
They're trying to conserve the status quo as well as "traditional values", which varies by definition as seen fit.
2020-08-24 12:45
1 reply
When you see the people they're electing, that explanation becomes less and less believable.
2020-08-24 13:44
RUSH | 
United States ShawnM
ah yes let's save the environment! let's say it over and over again but don't actually do anything then blame it on the conservatives when they use the land resources that they are ALLOWED TO. you say they ruin it, why aren't you doing anything to stop it then?
2020-08-23 05:25
5 replies
Dude progressives and other progressive leaning democrats have been trying to pass environmental reform for years. "why aren't you doing anything to stop it then?" What a bizarre argument to stand on.
I’m not more of a dem by American standards than the next person but that is one retarded argument if I’ve seen one. Short question: do you care about the environment?
2020-08-23 09:56
3 replies
 | 
France daniel19
Who cares, he's allowed to do so !
2020-08-24 12:49
2 replies
Lmao Seriously though. These burgers really do b thinking just because something is allowed means it’s something they should do 😳😳😳
2020-08-24 15:44
1 reply
 | 
France daniel19
Hey, it works with guns !
2020-08-24 16:08
Asuna | 
United States bxteme
conserve da bag
2020-08-23 05:26
And you think progressives are any different? Both parties in USA are neoliberal. In theory conservative should be conserving traditional societal norms but they are absolute losers in that term since progressives lead the culture in every sphere since 60s and GOP just keep moving the goalposts, inventing new meanings of being conservative so the leaders can conserve their pockets. If your sole concern is identity politics like for the fake left today then you have no reasons to worry about conservative boogeyman since they are in reality progressives who lag only aobut 10 years behind your ideology.
2020-08-23 05:32
3 replies
What do you mean? Progressives are winning a new victory every couple of years. You said it yourself, conservatives keep moving the goalposts.
2020-08-23 05:32
2 replies
The thing is you probably have this mainstream envision of conservatives and progressives which are in reality both neoliberals like the whole American system today is. Rootin tootin gun waving redneck who drives a truck is not any worse than a self hating white liberal who lives in gentrified neighborhood of blue state and spends money on vegan food and technological toys that pollute and extract wealth from third world countries. Rich GOP and Democrat leaders backed by same billionaires (just like 5 corporations are owning all media) are having feasts together while you keep fighting over identity politics which the actual left movement has been killed with in 60s, just like you don't have real right today but liberal phonies which are only conservative in fiscal terms and are moving goalposts like i said embracing decadent values as conservative values to attract new voters, both of fake mainstream left and right agree on same things that are packaged in different colors. Real left and right don't exist anymore, but like i said if you care about identity politics congratulations your side(tm) is winning culturally because the neoliberals can extract more money out of it, just don't ask real questions and you are good to go.
2020-08-23 06:02
1 reply
There's a difference between progressives and corporate Democrats. Both Republicans and corporate Democrats do support corporations, but your assertion that GOP and Democrat leaders are having feasts together likely isn't true. They're rivals that in some cases have the same donors, that's really it. They'll both support the same corporations, but they're probably not friends.
2020-08-23 06:08
You should ask a Republican and ardent Fox News watcher like @Lulquid_Koolquid
8 replies
nt I don’t watch Fox News
2020-08-23 05:34
7 replies
Explain those screenshots then?
1 reply
i told you it was my mom 😡
2020-08-23 05:56
 | 
United States _Nohj
Nt mark dice watcher
2020-08-23 05:36
1 reply
2020-08-23 05:58
Either way, what do you think about what I wrote?
2020-08-23 05:39
2 replies
im economically left
2020-08-23 05:59
1 reply
Well the post isn't entirely about the economy.
2020-08-23 06:08
USA conservatives come in all shapes and sizes, typically the ideals of most conservatives don't really align with all politicians per say but many share common interests. For example a conservative from Michigan would be somewhat different in their values than someone in let's say Texas. Both states have different cultures and things they like to protect. Typically what people conserve are basically just ideas they believe in, apart of that being the freedom we have as Americans, and part of that freedom is the desire to have less government intervention, which liberals believe in basically complete intervention. While conservatives believe in hard work, and less taxes, as taxes are essentially robbing a percent of your hard earned money to either use on useless shit, pay lazy people, pay corrupt people, and maybe a tiny tiny bit benefits.
2020-08-23 05:46
7 replies
Conservatives are disconnected from reality. Soon hard work won't be enough, there aren't gonna be enough jobs in the future or even now because of automation and machine learning. Silicon Valley is actively working to completely destroy the job market of the Midwest by creating automated trucks. But, that's besides the point. I've never heard from the conservative Republican that wants to preserve America's nature in the last 10 years. Seems like the vast majority of Conservatives just believe whatever Donald Trump and Fox News tells them.
2020-08-23 05:56
5 replies
There’s a huge spectrum of conservatives, and as someone who’s been around engineers my whole life, most of them are heavily conservative though I guess the millennial generation went left leaning, then Gen z is pretty moderate but still right leaning in automation and machining. I guess depends on the industry. And I can’t really speak for the entirety of the Midwest, but as a Michigander I know most car companies are attempting or have already started putting their foots into electric vehicles, automated systems, more updated safety features etc. And as for the nature aspect, I again, can only speak for Michigan, but both republicans and democrats support using taxes to preserve our Great Lakes, rock valleys, state parks. It’s a huge part of our culture in my state but that’s just my experience. And I really think it depends who you ask on where they get their information from, I don’t really find any 24 hour news station really telling the truth nowadays, Fox 4 news (local station) never twists nor puts out opinion segments... so I usually find myself using local news stations cause I’m sick of hearing that the stories on NBC, msnbc, cnn, Fox, WP, NY Times are completely biased and found out to be completely wrong later on. As for trump not every conservative agrees with 100% of what he’s saying but he’s the figurehead right now for the newer look of the GOP.
2020-08-23 06:47
4 replies
Engineers are conservative because they don't want a lot of their hefty paycheck going to the government, that's literally it. And younger engineers are definitely more liberal (but most young people are liberal anyway). And once again, you can't work hard if there's no work. No reasonable person is for letting mining companies tear up national parks, that's completely ridiculous. What about the rest of the land though? The largest conservative news station is Fox news by far. The vast majority of conservatives aren't like you, they're not gonna go fact check anything, let's be real. Half or more of the Republican party seems to believe some mix of baseless conspiracy theories.
2020-08-23 09:41
3 replies
Most engineers I find to be conservative because the industry is mostly guys, it's kinda like gaming a bit, it was always a guys club, so it's not like we had to worry about pc culture, gay rights, and all that stupid shit, though despite that I'm for gay rights. And the tax thing for engineers isn't the only thing that makes them conservative, most are inherently conservative people before starting their careers and grow more right leaning as the years went on. On the second one though I think it really depends on who ya ask, I know certain places like West Virginia literally dedicate their whole existence to coal mining so I don't see where they would go if it was taken away. But for other land it's really up to the people, we have a lot of new age conservatives under Trump's admin who are around Gen Y-GenZ who tend to actually listen to their voters than throw in their own selves for the sake of the party. My state protects it's land even outside of state parks, the entire UP's existence is based off of the "cut one tree, plant a another" ideal. As well even though my governor's a democrat, many Michiganders in general support her platform on land maintenance. I only can really somewhat understand being conservative for my state's standards though. I agree somewhat on your last point, but I think you're mixing conservatives and the Republican party. Conversatives tend to vote R because well, in a fucked 2 party system voting 3rd party is a wasted vote and you'll obviously not vote to completely destroy your values, so R.... lol But most conservatives don't conserve the same values, hell even from this convo with you, the values I conserve as a person would be incredibly different from let's say a conservative from Georgia with a completely different background. And if the mix of the R party is a bunch of people who conserve different things, then it seems like there's a hive mind as the platform only supports certain things. There's also the point that every vote in congress is set ahead of time anyway, so like D48, R52, no matter the vote because well it is what it is at this point, so state politicians well only really voice their real opinions during state elections where they appeal to people they know. That conspiracy theory thing is kinda hit or miss, cause even liberals believe in some of those and some end up being true as corrupt leaders begin to die so idk
2020-08-23 15:20
1 reply
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/ Engineers being conservative isn't even true apparently, about 2/3 are democrats. IT is even more democratic. You really said it yourself, you're electing a Democrat because they're actually protecting the environment. And West Virginia will continue to vote against their interests, coal jobs aren't coming back, but they keep electing Republicans who wanna cut their benefits. In the Democratic party, you see people like AOC and Bernie get elected and they're definitely not apart of the traditional Democratic party. Everyone who steps outside of line in the Republican party is instantly disowned by everyone and disgraced. Look at John McCain, Mitt Romney, etc... You keep saying there are different kinds of Conservatives, but seriously though where were the people supporting Mitt Romney and John McCain? Even if there were people, they were in the overwhelming minority. If Conservatives had nuanced views there definitely should've been a huge split in the party on John McCain, but there wasn't.
2020-08-24 00:52
I have no much info but American left seems just like "The largest conservative news station is Fox news by far. The vast majority of conservatives aren't like you, they're not gonna go fact check anything, let's be real. Half or more of the Republican party seems to believe some mix of baseless conspiracy theories." they are like conservatives but just happen to be open to somethings actually they are not even open they happen to like some ideas that's it no logic behind and all just
2020-08-24 01:10
Lol. Interfering is what made America great. Now billionaires own all elected officials from judges to the president.
2020-08-24 18:22
Conservatives don't conserve anything lmao
2020-08-23 05:47
conservatives dont conserve anything of value
2020-08-23 10:05
Remember when that conservative journalist asked Ben Shapiro why all the new ideas were coming from the left, and then Ben said that wasn't true, couldn't name a single conservative policy idea, and then accused the journalist of being a liberal?
2020-08-23 10:10
12 replies
All he said were there were lots of debates happening or something like that. The Conservative agenda is to get their base to attack liberals while giving their donors more tax breaks. There are no ideas because pleasing donors is pretty much their only priority.
2020-08-23 10:21
9 replies
I wish the democrats would stop caring about such silly things while not caring at all about important things. If they’d for example take the immigration seriously and stop victimizing and segregating people for votes then they’d totally have my sympathy.
2020-08-24 01:25
8 replies
Everyone takes immigration seriously, they just have different views on it. So everyone who disagrees with you isn't taking it seriously?
2020-08-24 06:43
7 replies
No they don’t. The threat that is illegal immigration is not taken seriously by the democrats. You know it’s true.
2020-08-24 10:57
6 replies
You're thinking about it the wrong way. If someone doesn't see something as a threat does that necessarily mean they don't take it seriously? No, it doesn't.
2020-08-24 11:00
5 replies
It’s not what i meant. What i meant was that they don’t take the threat seriously (which they don’t since they see it as no threat at all).
2020-08-24 11:22
4 replies
If illegal immigration isn't a problem to them, then why would they worry about your perceived problems with it? Democrats take immigration seriously, just not your perceived issues with illegal immigration. You can disagree with the Democrats stance on it, but what you're saying doesn't make much sense if we're being honest. And Democrats do take illegal immigration seriously when considering how they should be treated and how to integrate them more successfully.
2020-08-24 11:41
3 replies
Come one man :D. I said that if they would take the threat of illegal immigration seriously which they don’t and you said it yourself then i would sympathize with them more. I’m not saying they don’t care about I M M I G R A T I O N but the actual THREAT of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. How hard is that to comprehend?
2020-08-24 12:35
2 replies
I mean why would you care about something you don't see as a large issue? To talk more directly about the actual topic, illegal immigration, at worst, is slightly accelerating the effects of automation. Good jobs that don't require a lot of formal education are increasingly being done by robots. Lots of Americans won't have jobs in the future no matter what the immigration policy is. So what in particular is your issue with illegal immigration?
2020-08-24 13:40
1 reply
Fair enough, but that’s why they will not have my sympathy as i said. We have huge problems in Sweden with illegal immigration which is why it is very important to me.
2020-08-24 18:11
send link please omg that sounds amazing
2020-08-24 06:45
1 reply
Still better than opening up the borders wide for 3rd world immigrants
2020-08-24 12:42
1 reply
No one's proposing open borders. The US is extremely difficult to get into, you need to have some kind of higher education education (typically in engineering or some other STEM field) and even then you need to win the green card lottery.
2020-08-24 13:46
they are mentally ill and they are mad that their shit party will die out :P
2020-08-24 16:09
Conservatism is a philosophy of life and not an ideology to dictate other people's lives. Republicans are not real examples of conservatives because if they were they were anarcho-capitalists as Hoppe explains. You guys are still stuck to Reagan's conservatism
2020-08-24 18:25
FaZe
Spirit
Winstrike
Cyber Legacy
OG
MIBR
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.