Thread has been deleted
Last comment
CSGO: Team Practice 101
rain | 
Norway hejmonika 
hello! in my profile you can find two posts in my CSGO 101 thread series. this one will be about how you can hold efficient Team Practice sessions as either a Coach or an IGL, how you can improve instead of wasting 45 minutes finding smokes you wont use ingame. If you are not interested, please leave a bump below so other people can see this thread and learn from it! lets get started; ill divide this thread into 3 sections to make it easier to read. 1. Pre-Practice 2. Starting your session 3. Actual Practice === Pre-Practice === in this thread i will assume you are the team captain and the IGL, so you are in charge of everything that happens. Start by creating a spreadsheet, note down the Player Names, their roles and some more information about them. Example: NiKo, IGL, Hybrid Rain, Entry/Support, Rifler continue to make a table of your maps listed in order from 1. to 7. with 7. being your permaban example: 1. Vertigo 2. Mirage 3. Nuke 4. Inferno 5. Overpass 6. Train 7. Dust2 (permaban) continue by assigning each map a progression stage, which i briefly touched on in my IGL 101 post. Stage 1 = you have no proper team experience on this map Stage 2 = you have little tactical ground but have defaults done and have played a couple games Stage 3 = you know your stuff, have a good ct and a fine t side with a couple of set pieces Stage 4 = you have multiple defaults, a full arsenal of set pieces, fakes and executes and are close to winning 75% of your games on it Stage 5 = a map you feel like you have mastered Assign one stage to every map in your pool, according to which one of these descriptions feel most close to your progress on it. now here is the IMPORTANT PART! set a goal for every practice session to improve some aspect of your game, whether that be upgrading your Nuke from Stage 2 to 3, or just learning some base stuff on 3 maps, its VERY IMPORTANT to have a goal for every single practice session!!! Make sure you plan out what the day will be about in advance before practicing === Getting Started === Assemble your team in teamspeak or discord, make sure you give them a brief introduction of what the day will be about and what we aim to improve. Have everyone connect to your practice session and spectate you as you explain your thoughts and ideas. You're good to go. === Actual Practice === As i have stated, have a goal every single session. Assume you touch Vertigo for the first time as a team, here is how it should go > Spend 5-10 minutes agreeing on Callouts and Location Names > Spend 20-25 minutes discussing base CT positions, and the CT pistol and protocols, aswell as each players job and theory. > Spend 5 minutes showing Utility your players can use, make sure not to prolong this phase as players can get exhausted > Spend 10 minutes teaching players some setups they could use and what utility they should throw as a default > Have a quick break, 10-15min where players can test stuff out or just take time off to peepee etc > Spend 5-10 minutes on a T Pistol strategy > Try it out until it is mastered > Spend 20-30 minutes going over Executes and Splits > Try it out until it is mastered > Spend 20-30 minutes putting Defaults into place, its important to be dynamic so get multiple, such as a Passive Default for antiecos, a 3-1-1 as your A Default and a 2-1-2 as your B one. What i feel like most teams fail at doing is listening to the IGL while he is explaining stuff, this will result in a less motivated captain and a lower team quality. For more advanced teams your sessions should be focused on improving what isnt working aswell as adapting new stuff for teams in officials you can prepare against. Have longer sessions about lesser subjects the deeper you get into the map. You also want to take some 'free practice' sessions which last one hour some days, where players can come up with tactics themselves and just try random stuff out. My main issue is some lesser teams have more "free practice" than proper one, which is also why these teams are "lesser" teams. Remember: - Dont rush any tactics - You can practice even if you arent 5 online - Make sure your team is disciplined while you talk and teach - Make sure you have what you learned written down somewhere - if you arent an IGL get in a call with the player you play bombsites with and figure out some setups A small tip if you want to give your players "homework" is, assign them to a Player and tell them to study that player, tell your Con guy to study NiKo in connector. Multiple channels have good videos on this, but i found watching POV videos is very efficient. This channel has over 1k POV vids uploaded and they help me greatly. An AWPer should watch Dev1ce and S1mple and figure out what some similarities between them are, a Lurker should watch Getright or some other guy, etc etc youtube.com/c/M3atheadGaming TL;DR Note down what needs improvement, have a goal and discipline for every session GL & HF!
2020-08-24 00:49
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
bump.. :(
2020-08-24 00:54
Interesting read
2020-08-24 01:01
Nice mens bump
2020-08-24 01:03
Would prefer to see the process recorded through the process, how it looks and sounds in practice.
2020-08-24 01:04
 | 
United Kingdom MorrisonMan
Bro space it out, few people will read if you do one every few hours
2020-08-24 11:05
1 reply
oké
2020-08-24 11:45
B U M P
2020-08-24 11:07
 | 
United States xcalibot
bump
2020-08-24 11:10
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
Bumperino
2020-08-24 11:22
waallA
2020-08-24 11:46
Thread of the decade, to bad zoomers will only read the tl;dr
2020-08-24 12:11
1 reply
appreciated guy from poland ===) if you liked this one maybe give my other ones a read? )) <3
2020-08-24 12:29
Very nice
2020-08-24 12:14
 | 
France Bibo_
thanks for the explanation!
2020-08-24 17:22
nice thread mens))
2020-08-24 17:26
Bymas | 
Lithuania pmplt
good shit :)
2020-08-24 23:34
ALTERNATE aTTaX
PACT
Rooster
VERTEX
GGPR
Oceanus
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.