Florida is the best state.
Hope you're thinking about moving about a year from now because nothing is getting in or out
idk dude, depends what you're into
But it seems like youre interested in medium-sized cities, from u mentioning Raleigh and Austin. In Florida there's Jacksonville and Tallahassee. Raleigh is a great place to live too. Idk about Austin though, pretty much all of Texas is super republican.
not saying republican is a bad thing but i think it's good to be friends with people of different parties and cultures.
Arizona because everything is cheaper
Long Island, NY
Reston, Virginia (Close to DC)
Massachusetts, NJ/NY (commute to NYC for IT work), Bay Area (still safe despite what Fox seems to think), etc...
The best by far is Massachusetts, easily the best state in the union.
Nj or Boston 100%
Florida is only good to vacation in, not live in
Reading from what you wrote, I think Austin will definitely be good for you, and I’ll be mentioning a few things.
1. You work in IT. A lot of tech companies and startups are moving to Texas. Apple is building a campus that can house 15000 employees in Austin, and Google is opening new offices and a data center here as well.
2. Low income taxes. Texas has no state income taxes (illegal by Texas Constitution) and have one of the lowest income taxes in the country. The property taxes are a bit high I think but property is cheaper, especially compared to NY or Cali.
3. Texas leans Republican but Austin mostly favors liberals. You’ll find Austin very accepting of new cultures, and the city has a lot of unique cultures already. A downside maybe is that Texans are really, really proud of being Texans, and if you stay long enough you’ll feel the same way. And also want to drive a truck.
4. Crime rates aren’t low in Texas cities, but if you’re living in a nice suburban neighborhood, you definitely won’t ever feel in danger.
5. Nightlife is quite nice, but probably not so much right now.
You really want to go Go THIS country???
Sad story bro
Been to multiple cities in the US and Austin, TX is the best and it's not even close.
Texas: Austin, Dallas, Plano, Mckinney, Richardson
Booming IT industry atm, the suburbs have decent land prices, good opportunities elsewhere, no State income tax, and relatively safe outside of south dallas
the only thing I don't like about this place is the weather, super humid all year, stupid hot in the summer, but the winters & autumns are nice
why would anyone move there when Canada is right there
Little Italy area
SF is what your are looking for.
IT? probably Seattle but it's an SJW heaven be weary
Atlanta is what you're looking for
Cost of living is really high in NJ compared to down south. Especially property tax.
Central Ohio is great to live in, nice and cheap and growing fast
Bro i'd just go to texas in deep woods and live in a tent just like the old "americans" did back in time. I assume you are not a native american since you post this but hey, if u good at what you do doesen't matter the place. Texas all day all night
Texas. Moved here a year ago, I know a ton of IT guys making over 120k/year.
There aren't good places in the USA. It's just a shithole ngl.
Idk where you life but rather go to Europe or go to Canada like Vancouver.
Go work for Tesla or SpaceX
as a fellow nyc resident i feel for you, it’s a shithole here. i live in flushing and it’s nice here compared to the rest of nyc, ex. the bronx
rn every state has its pros and cons rn imo, it really depends on what you’re looking for. if you’re looking for cheaper rent, go south. if you’re looking for a good quality of life, try to find a nice suburb. good cities are few and far between, id say dallas and boston are prob the ones id recommend the most
best of luck tho, europe much nicer than the u.s men))
I live in Denver and I really like it here. Never lived anywhere else but, it’s safe for sure. Idk how much IT work we have compared to other cities but we have at least a decent amount. Denver is the most active city in the country if you like going hiking and stuff, and as a side effect of that there are a lot of chill people here.
Just don’t move to Portland that place is fucked
Is this Raleigh a good city? Southeast is pretty much poor, dangerous or both from what I've heard
-safe place to live