Thread has been deleted
Last comment
The Downside of Nostalgia within CSGO
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
lagge15.wordpress.com/2020/10/12/the-dow.. Sorry for the text wall, but at least I do it in a blog now instead of "pestering" you in my forum posts. It is filled with information about why we need to take of our blinders when it comes to old maps and some old, but legendary, players. Please feel free to discuss it in here, I would love to engage in debates about my thoughts TLDR; Cobble, Cache and Tuscan shouldn't come back into the Map Pool Guardian Shouldn't get offers from top tier teams The positive rebranding/redirections of Friberg & TaZ What GtR and Xizt should do now!
2020-10-12 21:51
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Cyprus eClipz-AU
tldr
2020-10-12 21:56
4 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Thanks for bump anyway
2020-10-13 09:04
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
This comment on Reddit is a great example of what I talk about: reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/ja.. TLDR: People's opinions on maps and players are just nostalgia playing with their minds and rationality.
2020-10-13 16:51
2 replies
you had me until Reddit...
2020-10-13 16:54
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
I need all channels possible to become huge enough to shit on players, talent and influencer without being called a pleb
2020-10-13 17:09
Just bring Ruby and insertion back
2020-10-12 21:57
5 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Or bring in new maps
2020-10-12 21:58
4 replies
Yes but insertion was such a new concept to matchmaking, best map ever imo
2020-10-12 22:01
3 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Not really a CSGO map in my opinion. CSGO is about chokepoints, angles and lanes
2020-10-12 22:04
2 replies
You can always leave that shit for faceit, mm is a different story. Does agency have good chokepoints angles and lanes? Does office have that?
2020-10-12 22:06
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
they kinda have, but not in the same way as the de_ maps I don't really enjoy cs_ game mode, and I mainly view this from esport POV
2020-10-12 22:09
 | 
Brazil Catatauu
I just want to get mirage, d2 and overpass out.
2020-10-12 22:03
5 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
I got a lot of work in the pipeline, but I got some ideas for how the map pool should be utilized and changed over time. But I expect Valve to not do too much to the map pool right now Remember that they brought in Vertigo during a quite hectic season and the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 looks even more packed, so map changes won't happen
2020-10-12 22:05
overpass is a great map and so is mirage D2 needs to go
2020-10-12 22:38
3 replies
 | 
Brazil Catatauu
Good maps but overused af.
2020-10-12 22:39
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Exactly. I saw one guy in here sharing a Pic of his MM games and he ONLY played Inferno. Sounds boring af
2020-10-13 10:09
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Mirage is almost outplayed and should be the next one out... or D2 should go because it is too far away from the rest of the maps. It is easier to theorize on Overpass, Inferno and Mirage as one part of the map pool, and Train, Nuke and Vertigo as a 2nd part. But then D2 get singled out.
2020-10-12 22:42
I wish Valve would mix up the map-pool a bit more often. Change is good and exciting. I dont think it would harm the scene by taking 1 map out and adding another one once a year or so. I'm thinking something like this: 2021 -Mirage +Santorini 2022 -Train +Mirage
2020-10-12 22:06
9 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
#7 I need to take myself time and get into map core to check out maps to know more but initial look at Santorini make me believe it looks decent, but depends on more precise angles and skybox
2020-10-12 22:07
6 replies
I believe that Santorini is one of the strongest maps out there that isn't being played. It's like a better version of Mirage in my opinion. Bonus There is also a map called ''Empire'' that is like a better version of Nuke. Both of these deserve a chance in my opinion. Waaaaaaay better than the community-favourites subzero and biome.
2020-10-12 22:11
5 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
I liked Biome as a Casual map, but if I would to be playing with a 5-stack I would most likely hate it, because the rotations were off But as I said, I am not fully invested into maps right now. If I had more time I would be though The article is more about a mentality we, as fans of the esport scene, focus on positive memories from maps and players, and forget reality because we get tricked by our nostalgic feelings
2020-10-12 22:15
4 replies
Yea, I know, I actually just finished reading your article. About Tuscan. I miss it a lot, it was EVERYONES favourite map back in source, it was always played in finals and stuff. But I agree with you, I dont know if it can actually work in csgo, molotovs amongst other things (nade usage) have changed how the game is played.
2020-10-12 22:20
3 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
yeah exactly. I know I didn't go deep enough into this blog post, because I have been exhausted for other stuff. So I just write whatever I had energy to write over a much longer time than it was planned for. But watching TL vs 100T on Tuscan was pure shit, especially if you check from the players POV and listen to their coms
2020-10-12 22:23
2 replies
I think it's a good amount of text. You dont want to write too much or people will start to zone out and get crosseyed from too much reading. Keep it short and simple and I think people will read it and not ask for a tl:dr.
2020-10-12 22:26
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
If you've read my previous post about Dignitas you can see that issue. This time I was very thorough about having pics in the correct places and having pics that was linked to the paragraphs either above or below. I could write much more, but then I most likely never would be finnished and I got so much more I wanna say. Still trying to learn how to do this with IRL standing in the way
2020-10-12 22:29
Im thinking 2 should change every year, maybe even 1 every 6 months maybe keep 2 that dont change as a foundation (inferno and overpass come to mind)
2020-10-13 01:29
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
I would say change one right after the grand final of a Major has been played
2020-10-13 05:56
Why would you write so much about such a trivial problem :P?
2020-10-12 22:20
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
For fun and out of interest. If it doesn't interest you, nobody forces you to read it. I don't read all articles written by people I enjoy.
2020-10-12 22:16
 | 
Panama FUN4ENCE
tl;dr?
2020-10-12 22:16
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Nope
2020-10-12 22:18
Read it, agree with it. Always has, but nicely written. I think I see -Mirage more than -Vertigo nowadays.
2020-10-12 22:25
3 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
yeah, it comes more and more! I was thinking about calling out some CSGO influencers in this post, but have to do this in the future. There is mainly one, which I won't name, that tip the casual players/fans on what they think. -Mirage is most likely what will happen, but people think +any of the mentioned maps in the post would be a good idea. I think that would be a step back or "help" to degress the pro scene and in-game meta that actually help the game.
2020-10-12 22:27
2 replies
Call them out, I for one didn't like WarOwls video on the coach bug. It was so short and basically painted all the coaches as cheaters. + any map. It's doesn't matter which map, because everyone is sick of seeing the same executes on A site Mirage. Any map would be an improvement to the active viewers.
2020-10-12 22:36
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Oh I will, but it needs more work, because if you do it poorly it just seems like you come out as petty or a hater.
2020-10-12 22:39
I strongly disagree. The reason established maps are loved and seen as good is not just nostalgia, it's that they actually ARE better, for the simple reason that they've been tested and revised for years, sometimes decades. The maps of CSGO are a mixture of community made and valve made maps that have been edited over and over with community feedback being taken into account. Why are the maps the most hated part of Valorant? Why is vertigo (and why was nuke) so disliked? It's simple, making a good map is actually extremely difficult and requires lots of time, revision, and feedback. Therefore, the maps that have already been tested and already are liked should be held in very high esteem.
2020-10-12 22:27
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Take the Tuscan map for instance. That wasn't created for CSGO. It has no place in CSGO with other flashes, other nades, other mollies, with weapon changes, movement and player model changes as well as the game being more "cerebral intense" than when Tuscan was the "go-to" map. But sure, I can agree that there most likely are positive things of the maps who were taken out, but the changes haven't been improvements, and I doubt they are BETTER than "new" maps. Even though I fully agree that you can't introduce and add maps to the pool before it is tested out. But remember that Overpass and Cobble have had changes made because they weren't "fixed". But I fully agree with your reasoning!
2020-10-12 22:33
I have had these same ideas. Sometimes I wonder if everyone on hltv is stuck in the past.
2020-10-12 22:45
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
nah, just a loud majority.
2020-10-12 22:47
u should go write for hltv they used to have random articles like these to spark discussion like 1st real good eu mix kinguin
2020-10-12 22:47
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
oh really? That was before my time here. I would blog here if they did have a blog part still. But for understandable reasons they took it away. So I do my own stuff for free until I find a way to monetize it. But right now I don't have enough content to even do that Thank you very much for the nice words though.
2020-10-12 22:49
 | 
Chile jaestar
great read!
2020-10-12 22:48
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
thank you so much!
2020-10-12 22:49
 | 
France Fran6k1D
Lots of inaccuracies - GuardiaN, he could very well comeback at a good level, most extreme case is rpk and it worked out quite well no? - Don't want a safe bet and take a youngster ok, but how many times did this fail ? Most recent example : bymas, kicked bc shit. Now kjaerbye comes in for faze, more or less safe bet (major mvp but shit since) and wow the team gets suddenly good now - Your logic with the maps is flawed. Apparently for you, adding Vertigo, the oldest map currently in the pool (first released in 1999) was a good idea even though the map was shit b4 the constant reworks, but adding in Tuscan now would be bad because the map is currently bad ? You constantly whine about meta and ask for new original maps, but wouldn't Tuscan be the perfect map for that ? It would be one of a kind with the maps we have right now and allow for fun new tricks no ? - Comparison with traditional sports with Ronaldinho as your primary example is a nonsense - olofmeister is a bad example as well, he joined the most skilled lineup in history and major contender, and you'r saying other "legends" shouldn't joined T1 team ... ??? - Sometimes players just go where they can, Optic was probably the best take for friberg, as well as for taz, well probably that no one (would've) wanted him that's why he had to create his own lineup even tho he plays more for the fun than for the comp
2020-10-12 22:55
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
- GuardiaN can comeback, but no Tier1 team should take the gamble. I mention this in the article/post. he will be too expensive, he haven't performed in a team environment for over 2 years (3 different teams) and signing him as 29 year old gives implecations that it wouldn't give if he was signed as a 24 year old. RPK came back but 1) it was early on in CSGO, so the pro-player pool was much smaller, 2) he had to rebrand and reinvent himself to be relevant. This works for a cerebral rifler, but how do you do it as an AWPer? - youngsters are gambles, but a planned gamble. Older people aren't planned gambles, especially not with a well-filled CV. I wouldn't say FaZe is good yet. I saw 8 teams underperform in IEM NY EU, and FaZe just sucked the least out of all teams. Bymas works in Mousesports (inconsistently) but he get confidence and have people who help him develop. That was missing in FaZe, since Olof usually have that role, and did that for Broky. - I didn't say anything about adding Vertigo, or not, into the map pool. I took the current map pool and the hot-topic arguments for the map pool. Then I said my 2 cents about why I think people mainly think this because they are blinded by nostalgia (the main part of the post is about the Nostalgic feeling, not about my opinion on maps and player). If you check the other maps that come out now: Biome, Zoo, Mutiny... all quite "round" maps, with soft features, but planned choke points, lanes and open areas. That doesn't go for Tuscan. See #14 and that discussion for more on the topic. - I just needed a pic there and went through a few old footballers who have done some weird roster changes and that was the best pic I could find, even though it is taken from a showmatch or something. I didn't talk about Ronaldinho at all, just needed a pic to not have too big blocks of texts. - Nah, I cut Olof part short because I couldn't express the rest of my ideas about it... not even in Swedish. Perhaps I should have taken it out, but I like what he has done in FaZe, but now he is just a burden for them. - Could be. Not all players, especially not mid-career players, can pick and choose how they want. so perhaps it was just luck for Friberg to find a team where he could find a role he could transition into. But the good thing he did was to go into that team and not opt to be Entry and just run up and down Via Adamo as he did in NiP. Instead he became a supportive IGL and taught Magisk and HS how to play, and they developed quite nicely. Small tidbit: after that Roster all of the players have been IGL's in at least one team. TaZ was a bit misleadin, by choice from my part, to bring out my point. What he did in Devils.One, Kinguin etc was good and right ideas, but he then played to come to the top again. The reason Honoris is correct for him, is just because he doesnt go for the top anymore, but for improving the scene instead. Sorry for all the misconseptions and not being more clear in my intetions about the post.
2020-10-12 23:11
didnt read this time around but bumperino cuz lagge makes quality content <3
2020-10-13 06:00
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Thanks
2020-10-13 07:56
1.6 and PC smell of 2002
2020-10-13 06:24
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
I don't get it
2020-10-13 06:34
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
To be clear: This post isn't about the maps or players mentioned. They are merely just to prove my points about the Nostalgia blinders community members got
2020-10-13 15:29
 | 
Asia 333awp
This is very true. Idk why cs community doesn’t understand this. This happens in all sports, where only one case of an older player works out. Usually they need to drop a tier.
2020-10-13 20:33
3 replies
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
People have ven admitted to picking maps because "it was my favorite map starting playing cs" and "I have so many fond memories" I think it is some sort of mental blockage for people that might stop hem rom developing, not only as players
2020-10-14 07:03
2 replies
 | 
Asia 333awp
I don’t get it fr. In games like COD and Battlefield these guys would stick with the starter weapons instead of getting the newer better ones?
2020-10-14 09:29
1 reply
 | 
Sweden Lagge15
Those games update more frequently though, so they shouldn't be as negative towards updates
2020-10-14 15:32
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.