Clearly, you have made this thread from an emotional point of view. Here's some comparison to enlighten your brain:
I - Against different teams (comparison)
(See featured ratings below the stats, or simply use filter from left-side selection panel)
1) Against Top 5 teams
s1mple (1.30 rating in 36 maps) > Zywoo (1.26 rating in 30 maps). s1mple played more against top5 teams, compared to Zywoo and still has more rating
2) Against Top10 teams
s1mple (1.26 rating in 74 maps) >= Zywoo (1.26 rating in 57 maps). s1mple played more against top10 teams, compared to Zywoo, still has same rating
3) Against Top20 teams
s1mple (1.30 rating in 113 maps) > Zywoo (1.26 in 116 maps).
4) Against Top30 teams
s1mple (1.28 rating in 150 maps) > Zywoo (1.27 in 152 maps).
5) s1mple and Zywoo same rating against top 50, but who cares about top50, so excluding that.
II - s1mple (Navi) vs Zywoo (Vitality) 2020 tournament victory comparison:
Navi - 2 Tier1 (called S-Tier) tournaments with 1st position/winner placings. Vitality ZERO Tier1 tournaments with ZERO 1st placings:
1) Blast Premier Spring Series 2020 Regular Season - NAVI joint-1st position. s1mple - highest group rating.
2) IEM Katowice 2020 - biggest global tournament of 2020. s1mple official MVP of tournament, with highest rating.
Navi - 1 A-Tier tournament (Tier2) victory, and Vitality ZERO (Tier2) tournament victory. Also, just for information, CS Summit, Dreamhack Open are all A-tier (Tier2) tournaments, officially speaking (verifiable in the source mentioned):
1) WePlay Clutch Island 2020 - Navi winner (against Team Spirit, who beat Vitality by the way in EPL-12)
1) Winner/1st position: Navi: 2 (S-Tier) tournaments and 1 (A-Tier) tournament, vs Vitality 0 tournaments.
2) 2nd place (runners-up): Navi 2 tournaments (1 S-Tier and 1 A-Tier) vs Vitality 4 tournaments (2 S-Tier and 2 A-Tier). I really feel sad for Vitality to be honest. They should have won some of these :(
III - Direct HLTV Comparison
1) s1mple: higher overall rating, higher impact rating, higher KDR, as per official HLTV comparison (check above)
2) Zywoo has 0.15 opening kills per round and s1mple has 0.14 opening kills per round, but s1mple has 64.7% success rate in opening duels, compared to Zywoo's 62.1% success rate (verifiable by filtering through opening kills in left-panel)
3) Pistol player: Zywoo 1.42 rating > s1mple 1.40 rating. Yes, more success currently, but s1mple was at number 1 before IEM NY 2020 (1.43 to 1.40 drop). After IEM NY 2020, his stats went down and Zywoo's stats went up in DreamHack(1.41 to 1.42), but anyway, at the moment, zywoo is ahead.
4) Look at rating 1.0 graph comparison (in the link, in the form section). Rating 1.0 is based on ADR, KDR, Multi-kill rounds, and KAST. s1mple's consistency >> Zywoo's consistency in 2020 (s1mple has lesser standard deviation from the statistical mean)
IV - Current HLTV Rankings
(No explanation needed, I believe. Anyway, s1mple's rating heavily fell in IEM NY, while Zywoo's ratings rose in DH because of strong performance. Currently, s1mple ahead of Zywoo, due to micro-advantages, but same rating for both)
V - Highest Rated Tournaments for s1mple and Zywoo (tournaments with player having highest overall rating)
Source: Attaching no source, because I am tired of writing this long post. But one can verify, if needed.
s1mple 4 highest-rated tournament performances < Zywoo 6 highest-rated tournament performances. But s1mple won 3 tournaments, and also official MVP of IEM Katowice (only MVP tournament of 2020). Sadly for Zywoo, he couldn't convert.
So, overall, YES, s1mple#1
, TILL RIGHT NOW. Still many tournaments to come, in 2020