Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Thorin fanboys
 | 
Sweden rtardnumerouno 
Question for all Thorin fanboys : Do you like him because you think he's a great analyst or do you like him because of his Twitter trashtalking persona? I don't understand why you would simp for a Gold Nova player... he has 0 gamesense, he's not a real analyst.
2020-10-30 02:16
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Says more about yourself calling him a gold nova.
2020-10-30 02:17
86 replies
+1 he's a supreme, aka better than 95% of people who argue with him saying he was never a pro so he wouldn't know anything
2020-10-30 02:20
64 replies
Oh fucking yikes... You are evidence that His fanboys are fucking Silvers lmaoooo
2020-10-30 02:21
62 replies
No actually i am also supreme and level 7 faceit even tho i like hardly ever play.
2020-10-30 02:22
60 replies
1. Thorin is not Supreme, he is Gold nova 2 image.prntscr.com/image/115bec0484b04409.. (he is the GN2) 2. Supreme is not high. Faceit LVL 7 is not high. It's average. I don't Care about your statistics, No One plays matchmaking in 2k20. And you don't have to be on pro level to be an analyst. But there is not a single analyst on the desk that is at least not pretty Good at the game. Every single One is either ex-pro or faceit lvl 10 at the very least
2020-10-30 02:24
59 replies
youtube.com/watch?v=mTphaEBZMGE&ab_chann.. 1:15 Supreme is high because it's plagued by cheaters at the high ranks. I bet you are a lower rank. The guy has been in counterstrike since the beginning, aka before you were born and you think you know more about the game than him. If that were the case you would have made it instead of working a job either as a McDonalds patty flipper or an office employee. If Thorin didn't know what he was talking about of the games he follows he wouldn't be consistently hired back as he's been in plenty of drama. If it's the case he doesn't know anything he wouldn't have been asked to become Fnatic's coach in LoL despite it being the secondary game he follows.
2020-10-30 02:31
49 replies
1. Supreme doesnt mean shit lmao. No one plays matchmaking in 2k20. U are lucky I actually played MM with some irls so I got my rank : gyazo.com/327952d97ab97a933626eb0aee4849.. , but for the most part I was unranked. 2. So what lmao? The guy cant even get global in matchmaking lol. That shows that he truly has 0 gamesense. I don't give a fuck about how many roster moves he knows, how much history of the game he knows. What I am talking about is knowledge about CSGO. And he don't have shit of it, he never has proven to have shit of it. 3. The reason he gets hired is because he has big social media presence. The reason why he has big social media presence is what I guess because of his tweets where he shittalks pros. But the whole point of this thread was to ask WHY his fanboys actually fanboy him, because I don't believe that people who actually are decent at csgo actually unironically say that he's a good analyst.
2020-10-30 02:36
35 replies
1. Terrible take 2. Terrible take 3. Terrible take Glad to see Thorin lives so rent free in your mind and many others. Cry is free.
2020-10-30 02:37
29 replies
Good arguments, very convincing dude suddenly you dont wanna write ur essay comments.. weird
2020-10-30 02:38
26 replies
You didn't give me any arguments other than that rank doesn't matter and frankly I don't believe that. If you were older than the age of 20 you would understand having a full time job gets in the way of that, people become rusty at the game, people don't have the same mechanics as they used to. You can understand how the game works without maintaining your mechanics. I actually barely play csgo ever anymore and can play at Supreme purely because of my knowledge of the game. Also if it means anything to you I was A on ESEA when this game was in it's prime.
2020-10-30 02:44
22 replies
BUT YOU ARE PROVING MY POINT WITH THAT COMMENT LMAOOOO. EU MATCHMAKING IS SUCH a meme that you dont need any skill to get global anymore. Global = faceit lvl 5. If you have any remotely decent gamesense you can get to global by your gamesense ALONE. You dont even need any mechanics for it. Thorin CANNOT GET TO GLOBAL. I am sure, that a player with analyst-level gamesense should EASILY get to global in EU... but not Thorin I guess. Unlucky teammates maybe? XDDD He has never analysed a single round when he was on desk. ALL HE DOES IS LOOK AT STATS, SEE WHICH PLAYER HAS BAD STATS AND SHITS ON THEM ON TWITTER. ROFL. What a great analyst btw! mastermind 4sure
2020-10-30 02:46
21 replies
He has consistently claimed he is specialized in map vetoes and historic knowledge. Why should he analyze rounds when that's the job of sponge or ynk previously? Actually he has plenty of times. If you don't like his analysis that's fine, but just because you say that doesn't mean subjectively other people won't either. The way you're acting is 'you must be stupid' if you like thorin's analysis and that's objectively wrong. If he wasn't respected other professional analysts would not like to work with him as it diminishes their craft. It's not because he has a large following, I'll tell you that. He's devoted his life to games despite cretins like yourself constantly getting triggered by him and if you can't see that then you simply fit in with the many triggered Brazilians.
2020-10-30 02:55
20 replies
"He has consistently claimed he is specialized in and historic knowledge." THANK YOU. You prove my whole point. Thorin calls himself an "esports historian". He knows a SHITTON about csgo history more than 99,9999% of people. He even acknowledges that he isn't an analyst, he doesn't have the competence for that. SO WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU SO INCLINED TO CALL HIM AN ANALYST? And why do people take his comments and opinions on pro player performances, team performances, roster moves etc seriously? His takes on those things are as relevant as the average redditors. He literally doesn't have the gamesense and competence to properly analyse a game or a round. How could you possibly take his takes on which player should get kicked seriously? All he can do is read hltv stats. "If he wasn't respected other professional analysts would not like to work with him as it diminishes their craft." First of all, Thorin was not hired for some events because co-talent said they don't wanna work with him. So you're literally misinformed. Also, their opinion don't always have impact on if he gets hired or not. He clearly has fanboys, so the events might still hire him regardless of what the co-talent think about that. Second of all, Thorin is respected? By who lol? Literally 0 pro players respect his analytical abilities. Pretty sure every pro player thinks he's a clown.
2020-10-30 03:06
19 replies
You totally misread what I wrote dingus. Watch his counter point episodes and tell me the pros he has on there don't respect his work. You're telling me they would waste often 2 hours of their lives on his show? The real quote was: "He has consistently claimed he is specialized in map vetoes and historic knowledge."
2020-10-30 03:07
16 replies
But jesus fucking christ. How dense are you? Him having pro players on his youtube channel interview like videos doesn't say shit about them respecting his analytical abilities lmao. Like there are plenty of e-sports journalists or personalities who do these sort of podcasts where they invite pro players and interview them. Doesn't mean that the pro players respect their actual gameknowledge. Several pro players has actually publicly said that they think Thorin is a fucking clown that knows jack shit what he's talking about. Here is the first example that popped up : twitter.com/ZeusCSGO/status/101606459153.. I can legit show you 30 more tommorow
2020-10-30 03:14
15 replies
Except he was right... Zeus is a shit individual player. Prove him wrong though. Why would anyone randomly go out and praise him? What would provoke anyone to do that? Whereas talking about someone negatively would. You are dense. Not me. youtube.com/watch?v=qHsrF8TOOn8&ab_chann.. I bet this triggers the fuck out of you lol, looks like people actually respect his work.
2020-10-30 03:25
14 replies
I am not talking about what he said in his tweet. I just showed you that tweet to show that pro players actually think the man is a clown that has no place at all to be an analyst. There have been SOOOOOOOO many pros calling him out for that, and if you don't know about that, you're a newfrog reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/93.. Here is a reddit thread filled with silvers talking about it.
2020-10-30 03:30
13 replies
BECAUSE HE SPEAKS NEGATIVELY OF THEIR PLAY... ITS AN ANALYSIS OF THEIR PLAY. YOU DON'T SEE ALEX GETTING MAD AT THORIN FOR EXAMPLE. WHY? BECAUSE HE PRAISED HIM. DID YOU KNOW ZEUS THREATENED TO BEAT PEOPLE UP IN THE 1.6 DAYS? I DID BECAUSE THORIN MENTIONED IT. Real talk I'm tired of 80 iq individuals like yourself so I'm just gonna call it here and say he lives rent free in your mind.
2020-10-30 03:35
12 replies
NOOOOO It doesn't have anything to fucking do with that lmfao. They genuinely think that Thorin doesn't have any knowledge of the game. Thorin has praised multiple pros, but have they EVER said that he knows a lot about how CSGO is supposed to be played? EVER? He has praised flusha, yet flusha said that Thorin doesn't know shit about how CSGO is played. He has had JW on his youtube channel, yet JW said that Thorin doesn't know shit about how CSGO is played. There are SOOOOOOOO many examples. Pros have their opinion, but they don't have any reason to spread their opinion for drama. Until Thorin attacks them. Then they share their opinion about him. You are legit 0iq
2020-10-30 03:42
11 replies
You are legit -1000000000000000000000000000000000000iq Okay if JW really feels that way then he shouldn't go on his shows 2 hours at a time. You just don't understand that a lot of what is said on twitter is entirely banter or is remedied behind the scenes through DM all the time. Thorin has insulted players and later said positive things about other things about them. You know why? Because some of it is banter and most of it is analysis at that specific moment. If you actually watched BTN (literally 3 hours of content every week) you would understand how his twitter is largely not serious and that pros come at him purely because they don't like getting bullied. Pros discrediting what he said about them saying he doesn't know anything is more of an insult to his person than to say he is bad at his craft. You know why they do that? It's because they are hurt that he said they were playing like shit at that moment at their beloved game. Zeus is literally the worst example you could have used. Funny how he retired shortly after and was replaced. You wouldn't understand that so I'm not going to try any further to explain it to you.
2020-10-30 03:52
you're right and this stupid canadian is just embarrassing himself. ignore him.
2020-10-30 19:41
9 replies
Am I? Watch the firs 2 minutes of this and tell me I am wrong. I told him that Thorin doesn't focus on the strats and instead gives that to sponge or moses or whoever. He focuses on the broader picture such as team chemistry, map vetoes, etc. youtube.com/watch?v=3SWEmn3C8kI&ab_chann..
2020-10-31 20:28
8 replies
he's just trashtalking stupid things that are either obvious or made up.
2020-10-31 20:31
7 replies
You just refute anything he says even though it's 100% accurate. As a result you do the same with me, just because you're mad about thorin.
2020-10-31 20:33
6 replies
now you finally understand. and its 100% accurate trash btw.
2020-10-31 20:41
5 replies
What do you mean I finally understand? I knew your standpoint and every single other snowflake's in this thread the entire time... It's obvious you guys are mad about his personality rather than actually thinking his analysis is bad. You guys just say that purely as an insult because you're insecure, not because he's actually bad at his craft.
2020-10-31 20:44
4 replies
tl;dr
2020-10-31 20:44
3 replies
obviously you're mad, so I forgive your childish behavior.
2020-10-31 20:45
2 replies
yes, I'M the one whos mad. xD idc about you or thorin.
2020-10-31 20:46
1 reply
Why are u so fucking mad lol :p get a hobby
2020-10-31 05:01
1 reply
Because he think he is a csgo pro but fails to ever do anything with the 10s of thousands of hours he puts into csgo.
2020-10-31 20:29
Straight up rent-free, though
2 replies
i mean you're not wrong about that, but i don't really think i'm wrong about what im saying either
2020-10-30 03:26
1 reply
lmao even admits it you're so fucking butt hurt LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL KURRRRWAAAA BTW I know you're fucking polish, fake flagging ass. It's obvious. No wonder why you're so mad about thorin.
2020-10-30 03:39
dude elaborates good arguments to some kid just come here say shit thinking he's been awesome lmao. supreme is high LOL
2020-10-30 02:40
1 reply
I elaborated good points before that and then he just responds with rank doesn't matter and just adding a bunch of garble that doesn't actually add to his point.
2020-10-30 03:18
 | 
Germany Kit_su
imagine flexing with being global, global is like lvl 4 faceit
2020-10-30 13:12
4 replies
is it really? lvl 4 was ez when i started playing faceit
2020-10-31 18:15
3 replies
 | 
Germany Kit_su
well I guess its hard to compare faceit lvls with mm rankings but I am global and lvl 4 faceit lol.. well I soloQ a lot and dont play much faceit but ye
2020-10-31 20:17
2 replies
i'm global and level 6. yeah I don't think they compare. i only solo q too
2020-10-31 20:19
1 reply
 | 
Germany Kit_su
I think faceit is partly luck based and partly just a really long and hard grind to get higher lvls
2020-11-01 10:45
 | 
Germany AdiZen
im supreme and there are alot of them who are not good but still have that rank everyone who plays cs seriously would be easily supreme
2020-10-30 02:52
4 replies
The point is, he's better and more serious about the game than 95% of people who criticize him, again remember the average rank in csgo on top of that he knows more about the game from following the game for 20 years.
2020-10-30 02:53
3 replies
 | 
Germany AdiZen
how can you say that? dude there are so many pros who said that he just talks shit get_right, krimz ... He often judges without having any clue which is very untypical for a professional
2020-10-30 03:01
2 replies
Because he hurt their feelings. There are plenty of pros who have also been on his shows, even the likes of FalleN who he's insulted many times. Again you're just mad. He consistently has had JW on his show, again someone he's insulted many times. He's had so many pros on Counter points like Karrigan again someone he's critiqued many times. Alex and AZR. Freakazoid, again a player he's critiqued plenty of times. The point is, despite his personality people generally respect his work in the scene unless they have fucked up and he's called them out like Dev1ce.
2020-10-30 03:05
1 reply
 | 
Germany AdiZen
professionals often have to respect each others thats pretty normal because they have contracts how often did he call out people for being bad just because they swapped roles? i remember back in the day he was just looking at the scoreboard and said shit like get_right is heavily underperforming and disappointing, happy is just baiting and so on. they dont see that this playstyle used to work and you can also win while having low frags. Dont underestimate the knowledge of pros compared to just some analysts who never played it on a higher level. im not mad because ím not a fan of any of those players but im always trusting pros more than just a mere "analyst" and his journalism doesnt look in the game itself only outside of it
2020-10-30 03:14
lol imagine believing anything thorin says. he doesn't even show his rank. why doesn't he just stream a few games and show people his rank? not that supreme is particularly impressive anyway, basically every youtuber is better. the guy is a well known lair and clown
2020-10-30 03:06
5 replies
Again you're equating ranks to knowledge about the game. You're telling me a guy who's been involved in the game for 20 years doesn't know anything about the game and how it works, after attending like 9 majors and countless tournaments, analyzing thousands of games. Just don't bother.
2020-10-30 03:18
4 replies
 | 
Spain SS_SS
why is he still shit at the game then?????? he walks around like people owe him respect when all he did was being the fucking nerd backseat gamer who everyone hates at LANs. people starving in the streets and this guy gets paid for being a dickhead on the internet, simply amazing
2020-10-30 11:24
3 replies
Individual skill has nothing to do with the understanding of a scene. Also #124.
2020-10-30 11:39
2 replies
 | 
Spain SS_SS
nothing to understand, its really not that deep
2020-10-30 11:40
1 reply
That statement reveals everything to me. Have a nice day.
JW | 
China ilea
NA supreme is a joke and faceit lvl 7 is only slightly above average. I think any analyst should be at least faceit level 10 just watch more of thorin. he really has no idea of how the game mechanics work but i like his esports story stuff
2020-10-31 18:24
1 reply
"just watch more of thorin" as if I haven't been watching him since 2014 also you didn't read what I said. I hardly play faceit. I legit have like 40 wins.
2020-10-31 18:30
how hard is it to google average csgo rank? csgo-stats.com/ranks an average csgo player is in gold nova range
2020-10-30 02:27
8 replies
lmaoo those statistics are skewed because no one plays matchmaking in 2k20. but you are silver i guess... everyone plays faceit my guy, so their MM rank shows up as unranked or its very decayed.
2020-10-30 02:37
7 replies
You are worse than an anti vax, a flat eather, or a moon landing denier. Legit that's been the rank spread since the game came out lol. Did you start playing in 2018? For reference this is my second account after I lost my password to the other one before you go ahead and inevitably call me a newf*g
2020-10-30 03:20
6 replies
1. gyazo.com/8feda8e52db9ff1b1d3c101afe2c3a.. 2. The distribution doesn't matter lol. What matters is that the skill level of supreme and global players has significantly dropped ever since faceit became the mainstream thing to play. All the good players started playing faceit. Until only mediocre players were left in matchmaking. Now, the global elites are infact mediocre players, who are faceit lvl 5, which is like top 500.000 in europe faceit. That is not top 0.2% as some silver redditors say lmao. Supreme and global are way easier to get now, because the only people who play matchmaking are bad
5 replies
Even if that's true you're still suggesting that he couldn't possibly know that much about the game despite following it for 20 years. You're acting like CSGO is such a deep game. Tell me how Sponge or Ynk analyze the game on such a higher level than he does. Better yet, tell me 5 analysts actually better than him. Realize there is more than weatherman analysis. You're just mad because he insulted so many of your beloved pros who again might actually just be good mechanically. If you truly think CSGO requires such a huge amount of knowledge to play, explain to me why shroud or scream could play at a high level? You think they are the ones coming up with strats? If thorin had the mechanics of shroud he would be better than him at csgo, i guarantee it. Shroud was unintelligent at counterstrike and it showed. His stats dare i say it showed he couldn't play consistently despite him having better mechnics than a lot of pros.
2020-10-30 03:32
4 replies
"Even if that's true you're still suggesting that he couldn't possibly know that much about the game despite following it for 20 years. " I am saying that Thorin doesn't know enough to be an analyst of CSGO. I am saying that he has as much gamesense as the average redditor and that Thorin is trash at the game, just like you. "Tell me how Sponge or Ynk analyze the game on such a higher level than he does." Well, for starters, they actually do analyze the games. They actually do come with in-depth explanations of what went wrong, what went right, what player contributions that were very impactful, they notice the small moves that go unnoticed by most people. They have that skillset. Thorin has never displayed any skillset like that EVER. I have never ever seen him actually analyze a round. "If you truly think CSGO requires such a huge amount of knowledge to play, explain to me why shroud or scream could play at a high level? You think they are the ones coming up with strats? If thorin had the mechanics of shroud he would be better than him at csgo, i guarantee it." You're really not the sharpest tool in the shed. I am saying that being a CSGO ANALYST requires a lot of gamesense. You can still be carried by insane mechanical skill and be a good player. No, I don't think they came up with the strats, because I don't think they were such smart players. But they MOST DEFINITELY had more gamesense than a fucking supreme MM player like Thorin lmaooo. Holy shit, are you kidding me? Again, another silver take from a silver player...
2020-10-30 03:40
3 replies
You legit sound like reddit yourself.
2020-10-30 03:41
2 replies
No, because people on reddit actually unironically think that Thorin is some kind of mastermind CSGO analyst that actually knows something about the game other than CSGO history
2020-10-30 03:44
1 reply
It's the exact opposite. People hate him just as much as on here. Reddit moderators legit censor his content despite it not breaking any rules. I commonly see people talk shit just like you on there more than praise.
2020-10-30 03:45
 | 
Finland Jodecast
Your logic is so fucking shit...
2020-10-30 18:09
 | 
Netherlands RiberiA
EU Supreme is litterally level 4-5 Faceit, maybe 6 at most... Thorin is a trash person, and can only rant on Twitter when he needs some attention (attentionwhore #1) and then Block everyone who doesn't agree with him or rekt his statements. Fuck Thorin clown.
Lol what? Explain?
2020-10-30 02:20
19 replies
He is supreme and in the past during his 1.6 days has played in the biggest tournament and made it past a few matches. 20 years in esports and csgo. Forgotten more about the game than you will ever know mate. Met all the biggest pros and sometimes played with them in mixes (obviously not in csgo, but in 1.6 and around that time).
2020-10-30 02:22
18 replies
What's his current impact as an analyst? He's obviously being hired because he trash talk players on twitter and on the streams itself, pathetic af
2020-10-30 02:41
17 replies
That is what you think of him because all you see is trash talk. Thorin has been in counter strike (and esports in general) for 20 years so his experience and knowledge is only equalled and surpassed by few. Also, I mean obviously he stopped working with blast due to device shit, and ESL for something else (I think because they robbed teams of Pro League spots or something of that sort). only flashpoint in which even if you dislike it, having competition is better than no competition.
2020-10-30 02:41
16 replies
I don't think u understood my question mate, who cares if someone has 100 years of "experience" but doesn't demonstrates any knowledge and has no impact
2020-10-30 02:43
13 replies
I told you why he isnt. Also, you will obviously see it in Flashpoint and BTN (biggest csgo podcast) where he speaks about behind the scenes stuff and his opinions on the current events of csgo
9 replies
I'll be waiting for this, have a good night.
1 reply
have a good night aswell mate :D
2020-10-30 02:47
Please show me one single time where Thorin has demonstrated actual ingame knowledge. Like where he properly analysed rounds or games. Like Ynk did regularly and Pimp does. Show me one single time.
2020-10-30 02:48
6 replies
if you want me to dig into vods of old events he was an analyst in I wont spend my time doing that for a useless hltv conversation. sadly I dont have his analysis on hand (as surprising as it may be)
2020-10-30 02:50
5 replies
very expected answer, thanks! same answer I get from every single thorin fanboy lmao. how does it feel to simp for an average CSGO player being a "good analyst"? lol
2020-10-30 02:52
4 replies
all I have to say is name checks out. its 4am ffs why waste my time with finding a video? Look I want you to find me a video of a Fnatic coach doing something useful and lets see how quick you are.
2020-10-30 02:56
1 reply
But how is that remotely the same? fnatic coach doesn't work on desk????? If you ask me to find an example of Pimp or ynk analysing a round, I'll do it instantly. Because they actually do that. unlike thorin.
2020-10-30 02:58
 | 
Spain SS_SS
+1
2020-10-30 11:27
Jesus dude haha Calm Down :p
2020-10-31 05:05
 | 
Finland Jodecast
Dude you obviously dont understand what thorin does at all
2020-10-30 18:10
2 replies
He's supposed to be an analyst, but he's just someone who's famous on community because twitter bs.
2020-10-30 19:12
1 reply
 | 
Finland Jodecast
Dude, you dont get it at all, he is not a analyst like spunj for example, he is a analyst from the perspective that he was around the scene from the beginning, he knows every player and what kind of person they are behind the scene, their history, their career, their motivation, how the esport system works, what kind of deals orgs do and what they pay and how they work and what they spend, will someone be kicked etc. He is not the one that will brake down a round like spunj about how a team lost x round.
2020-10-30 20:57
If he's so good and experienced why he's famous by twitter bullshit and not as an analyst
1 reply
That is what you think he is famous for. Also, why do you think its twitter bullshit and which bullshit do you talk about? Like dev1ce incident or taking snipes at expense of pros
nice Thorin-style "no u" answer
2020-10-30 11:31
idk I'm not a fan but I like seeing his shitty inputs on twitter
2020-10-30 02:18
Anyone who says Thorin is a good analyst is probably Gold nova themselves...
2020-10-30 02:19
3 replies
Xeppaa | 
Germany w7tv
+1
Xeppaa | 
Germany w7tv
+1
+1
2020-10-30 03:09
TDS In other words, Thorin Derangement Syndrome.
2020-10-30 02:21
3 replies
+1 ginger man bad
2020-10-30 02:57
lol thorin simps coping
2020-10-30 03:10
1 reply
TDS
2020-10-30 03:11
who let moneys in the studio
2020-10-30 02:27
"I don't understand why you would simp for a Gold Nova player... he has 0 gamesense, he's not a real analyst." First of all I heard he was supreme, whice is not too bad. Secondly he is a analyst not a player, his analysis should not be judged by if he is faceit 10 or not. Now I am far from a Thorin fanboy but to answer your question anyways I enjoy his analysis but could not really care about his twitter or twitter in general. I found in my experience that Thorin haters are either dull-witted or fanboys that are upset that he critized a player from the team they idolize, Whice one are you?
2020-10-30 02:33
30 replies
"Secondly he is a analyst not a player, his analysis should not be judged by if he is faceit 10 or not." Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. This type of comments make my brain hurt so fking much. To be a proper analyst, you need GAMESENSE. You don't need to be a pro player. But you need to at least be good at the game. Thorin can't even get to global in EU MATCHMAKING, and EU matchmaking is the biggest meme, global = faceit lvl 5. If he had some kind of gamesense, he wouldnt be gold nova 2 and struggle so hard to even get supreme. also, there is not a single analyst working on csgo events rn that is not at least good at csgo. not all are ex-pros, but all of them are at least good at csgo.
14 replies
You realise he's 40years old. Only kids or nolifers trying hard on faceit. I bet you are kid and can't imagine a world where people spend their free time not at the computer. How is it possible???? Yeah when you climb out of your parent's ass and need to get a job and pay the bills and get a car and your shit together you won't worry about faceit rank you fucking kid. You are embarrassing your self with your childish mindset.
2020-10-30 04:28
12 replies
"I bet you are kid and can't imagine a world where people spend their free time not at the computer." LITERALLY HIS JOB IS TO BE A CSGO "ANALYST", HE SPENDS ALL HIS TIME ON CSGO AND LEAGUE WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN. "Yeah when you climb out of your parent's ass and need to get a job and pay the bills and get a car and your shit together you won't worry about faceit rank you fucking kid." AGAIN, HIS JOB IS LITERALLY CSGO. SPENDING TIME ON CSGO IS PAYING HIM HIS BILLS AND FOOD. A CSGO ANALYSTS JOB IS TO BE EXCEPTIONAL AT ANALYZING CSGO. Of fucking course it's fine to not be good at CSGO, OF course not everyone has time to play enough to have insane gamesense. But THORINS "ANALYST" JOB IS TO LITERALLY HAVE INSANE GAME KNOWLEDGE YOU DUMB FUCK. THAT IS WHY I AM CRITICIZING THE FACT THAT HE HAS 0 INGAME KNOWLEDGE.
2020-10-30 05:19
11 replies
He is not a csgo analyst you spoon. He is esport journalist. They used to hire him on events bc he added fucking value to the production. Spunj, is an analyst. He plays the fucking game all the time talks about it etc. Thorin has podcasts within csgo, lol, quake even starcraft. He is doing so much more than your small brain can process. BUT WHY IS HE GOLD NOVA WITH NO INGAME KNOWLEDGE. A CSGO ANALYSTS JOB IS TO BE EXCEPTIONAL AT ANALYZING CSGO. Oh god dude you are fucking dumb man and you live in a small fucking box.
2020-10-30 07:29
You’ve just proved your lack of knowledge on this topic to everybody. Thorin is, by career especially currently, an Esports journalist. If he is hired at an event to do analyst work that isn’t his fault rofl. Free cash for something he probably shouldn’t do. If you actually follow Thorin’s work you’ll realise his journalism and knowledge of the scene is valuable.
2020-10-30 11:37
9 replies
 | 
Germany AdiZen
okay then he even further distances from the game itself by only doing journalism so it does even less make him able to say such stuff A journalist isnt there to judge others. hes there to get information and leak it
2020-10-30 13:27
8 replies
If the media doesn’t exist to judge things, then our society is a lie.
2020-10-30 13:30
7 replies
 | 
Germany AdiZen
media should be just stating what happened so that the public can judge
2020-10-30 14:17
6 replies
That’s not the point of independent journalism and freedom of press though. Either way, the public can form their own opinions. I certainly don’t agree 100% with Thorin and Richard Lewis on everything, but I like their interviews a lot etc.
2020-10-30 14:18
5 replies
you are confusing journalism and editorials, journalism by itself or historian as he identifies himself you should not at any time judge things, just presenting news and information
2020-10-30 23:11
4 replies
Afaik Thorin works for himself so can be biased in the content he creates.
2020-10-31 01:34
3 replies
if you present biased information, the mistake is not to present the biased information by itself, the mistake is not to inform or differentiate what is information from what is your opinion independent who your employer is...so he should not represent himself as a historian
2020-10-31 18:14
2 replies
Yeah he’s a “historian”.
2020-11-01 00:48
1 reply
is how he identifies himself on twitter
2020-11-01 15:06
You realise he's 40years old. Only kids or nolifers trying hard on faceit. I bet you are kid and can't imagine a world where people spend their free time not at the computer. How is it possible???? Yeah when you climb out of your parent's ass and need to get a job and pay the bills and get a car and your shit together you won't worry about faceit rank you fucking kid. You are embarrassing your self with your childish mindset.
2020-10-30 04:28
 | 
Germany AdiZen
looool an analyst has to know the game and the players know the game the best because they know how to act in what situation by playing btw spunj, moses both have been cs players and one of them managed to get into a csgo major and from what i saw they do it the best pimp also does a good job but hes too positively biased
14 replies
pimp is one of the most critiqued analysts of all time yet he was a player... did you know mOe was an analyst at eleague right? Just because you were a pro doesn't make you a good analyst. Some pros rely mostly on their mechanics and rarely their smarts. Look at Shroud when he was a pro. If he was so smart at the game how come he could barely hang at a pro level despite his superior mechanics? You know Potter is an analyst right? She is a 'pro player' and yet she gets the right to analyze tier 1 counter strike games. You know why? Because skill is a limiting factor also... Meaning that you can know lots about the game yet not compete at a high level because of your mechanics.
2020-10-30 04:20
12 replies
I don't usually engage in HLTV comment field but man you're really cringe. It's clear that you don't know what you're talking about 1. Pimp is overall a pretty well liked analyst. That's why he keeps getting hired. A lot of people on HLTV strongly dislikes him because of his stream personality though, but that doesn't have anything to do with his analytical skills. Apart from that, the only thing people complain about is his accent. 2. What are you trying to say here? m0e knows infinitely more about the game than Thorin. He displayed that when he worked at eleague. He did a good job as an analyst, he provided actual analysis. 3. What? Yeah, some pros are more mechanically gifted than others and some pros have better gamesense than others. But all pros have very good gamesense. It's literally Impossible to play at a top level without having good gamesense, no matter how strong mechanics you have. 4. Oh sigh, this comment again? First of all, shroud did not have superior mechanics lol. He had flashy clips that for some reason got upvoted a shitton BECAUSE they were from shroud. In reality, they were nothing special compared to other pros. Even JASONR has clips like that lol. And shroud did fine in the pro scene. He was just never a top player, which for some reason, master guardian players like you thought he could be and I have no idea why. His gamesense was also pretty poor for pro standards. But his gamesense is still infinitely better than mine, yours or Thorins. 5. Not sure what you're trying to say. Potter is a ex-pro with loads of experience. She has enough gamesense to work as an analyst, which she as well has proved at events she has worked on, where she has provided proper analysis. Something Thorin actually never has done. Yes, she knows a lot of the game and couldn't compete at a top level because of her lack of mechanics. So? What are you even trying to prove lmao? That CS is a mix between mechanics and gamesense? No shit sherlock. That doesn't mean that you or Thorin, who both are hardstuck playing matchmaking, have enough gamesense to be an analyst. Potter has years of pro experience under her belt. She knows the fundamentals of pro CS, like how rotations are played out, the teamplay, the things that are ongoing inside the game. And she has proven that during the events she worked as an analyst, where she provided analysis based on that knowledge. Thorin has never ever done that afaik. Just admit it, you like Thorin at events because of the banter. As an analyst, he's a fucking joke. And your comments are so fucking cringe, because it's so obvious that you're even more clueless than Thorin himself.
2020-10-30 05:59
3 replies
in your opinions. Pimp is widely hated and that is a fact. /closed
2020-10-30 17:27
2 replies
Pimp is disliked ON HLTV, because of his stream persona. He is whiny, he gets easily triggered by comments while trying to maintain a "positive vibe" stream persona which comes across as really fake. He also constantly begs for subs. That has NOTHING AT ALL to do with his analytical abilities. His analytical work on the desk gets a ton of praise.
2020-10-30 17:52
1 reply
reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/as.. read the downvoted comments people are hesitant on reddit to utter what is said here purely because they can get downvoted. Trust me, I've seen enough instances to know it's the same there as here.
2020-10-30 17:58
 | 
Spain SS_SS
potter runs circles on thorin
2020-10-30 11:30
7 replies
6 replies
 | 
Spain SS_SS
the world doesnt need a fucking esports journalist, my grandpa used to break his back in the fields to feed his whole town, the fack that this fucker gets paid for being an absolute nerd about a dying game just makes my head explode
2020-10-30 11:39
5 replies
My grandparents lives weren’t much different. But they lived in completely different worlds, so that isn’t a fair comparison.
1 reply
 | 
Spain SS_SS
he should be humble about it at least, but he chooses to be a turboneckbeard about it
2020-10-30 11:41
you could use that same logic/argument for any esports workers, including players.
2020-10-30 17:28
1 reply
 | 
Spain SS_SS
yes. players at least work for 10 hrs a day (some) and they actively try to be good and most of them are humble, at least on the outside, and grateful for what they are doing, for me its all about attitude.
2020-10-30 20:05
 | 
Finland Jodecast
Dying game LMAO
2020-10-30 18:08
idk I hate him this guy has nothing to do with esport like go away mate... pimp is an ex pro player and knows what he's talking about so plz -th0rin +GODpimp
2020-10-30 02:45
thorin is a fckin noob
2020-10-30 02:45
2 replies
let me guess you think leaf and xeppa cheat still
1 reply
on/off everybody knows
2020-10-31 02:47
 | 
Croatia mds818
I don't like or dislike him tbh, but sometimes you need a bit of banter.. but about twitter meh.. I prefer seeing him at desk to bring a bit of fire to the post match stuff
7 replies
analyst desks without thorin are too boring to even watch
4 replies
I agree. Sponge is good as analyst for round by round plays, but tbh he doesn't bring the entertainment. Thorin is good for map veto knowledge, probably the best, and on top of his stellar map analysis he does bring banter. Let's also remember he often participates in the historical discussion of every single player as he's followed their careers since their beginnings. He does get some things wrong, but it's unfair to say his analysis is bad by any means.
2020-10-30 03:01
3 replies
Stellar map analysis? You mean when he quotes the teams HLTV stat winrates on each map? Insane skills indeed, he can open hltv, click on a team, look at the winrates and say which map they should pick! Thorin is so smart indeed! You're trying way too hard. Just admit already that the only reason you want Thorin at events is because of the banter.
2020-10-30 06:05
2 replies
 | 
Spain SS_SS
+1
reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2m.. read all this and tell me he doesnt analyze players. you are blinded by hatred. please tell me how the videos he makes about the game are not analysis. He does similar things on the desk. He talks about metas, players, and maps.
2020-10-30 17:31
okay but you can enjoy him because of his banter and raw comments right? not because you think he's a good analyst right? that's all im wondering
2020-10-30 03:16
1 reply
 | 
Croatia mds818
honestly I don't know, i can hardly remember analyst parts because of the banter
2020-10-30 08:52
all analysts are terrible rather trust a brand new hltv account's opinion then any caster or analyst
2020-10-30 03:00
4 replies
Legoshi top 20 player 2021 - A random HLTV account
2020-10-30 03:02
3 replies
I believe it
2020-10-30 03:03
2 replies
#48 checks out
2020-10-30 03:04
 | 
United Kingdom fal36
i believe it too
2020-10-30 18:02
I like Thorin because he speaks facts and doesn't give a shit about others opinions lmao
2020-10-30 03:02
1 reply
but he doesn't speak facts tho is the thing. kinda reminds me of Donald Trump who is on record telling 10x as many lies as any other presidential candidate since 2008, yet people say that they like him because he says "the facts" and "keeps it real".
2020-10-30 03:17
Bro why would anyone listen to Andy Katz??? He's never played pro basketball?? Bro why would anyone listen to Lon McEachern??? He's never played pro poker??? In many games and sports, analysts are not required to be former pros, but instead be people who study the game. I know you're not American and also name, but this is extremely common in baseball, where someone who understands game stats is a far better analyst than a professional player. Furthermore, calling Thorin an "analyst" is just reusing an incorrect media buzzword - what he is, when on an event desk or on his youtube channel, is a pundit, meaning an informational entertainer. In that role, his job is 1st to entertain the audience, in which he seems to do well given his reputation. After that, his job is not to analyze a round, but instead to analyze broader trends across longer time periods, hence his hiring to create team ranking system for Dexerto. This skill has led to him branding himself as a historian, but, as his study is not academic, he's more accurately a histriographer. In this way, he pairs very well as an analyst with other pundits that are more tactical-analytical like Spunj. I would say the two of them, alongside a good host, are the best pundit desk duo in CS, as evidenced by their excellent performances at the Berlin Major and Blast Premier Spring, primarily due to the fact that their areas of expertise are so different and thus complement each other so well. I appreciate him in this role, but I'm not a fan. I rarely watch his youtube, I don't care about his twitter. I just recognize his specific skills, abilities, and experience and what he can bring to the table, as I do with anyone else.
2020-10-30 03:05
1 reply
+1
2020-10-30 05:43
Thorin fanboys as the pathetic neckbeard virgins as they are feel drawn to someone who possesses the same characteristics.
 | 
Sweden ppnomula
who cares about his csgo rank??? how does that impact his professional career as an analyst???
I like him because sometimes he can offer some insider info on the esports scene and he talks to a lot of pros. He also gives a lot of experts/coaches/ex-pros/current-pros a platform to discuss esports. His personal takes and analysis isn't why I like him.
2020-10-30 03:21
 | 
Canada JC_123
I think he's good. Knows about as much as your average analyst. why so much hate mens(((
2020-10-30 03:35
RUSH | 
United States ShawnM
i like his analysis and he knows a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes, i think hes really good at going indepth in player moves and stuff
2020-10-30 03:41
 | 
United States Fordring
I don't like thorin
2020-10-30 04:15
I like him because he has extensive knowledge about the scenes he gives his opinions on. I like that he doesn't hold back on the banter and I think he has some pretty funny stuff to say once in a while. Whatever happens on Twitter is beyond my knowledge as I stopped using that years ago. I only watch his videos and when he's on BTN with Richard Lewis (and the occasional stuff he makes for Dexerto). Why do people hold Thorin to a higher standard than themselves? We constantly trashtalk players here, people do it on Twitter etc. But when it's Thorin who does it it's somehow bad?
2020-10-30 04:24
2 replies
+1 I think people can’t take it when someone has a different opinion and it’s wrong to constantly ignore his points
2020-10-30 05:41
+1 bunch of weak minded fucks
2020-10-30 06:07
this idiot just deserve to be ignored
2020-10-30 04:27
He speaks his mind whether is right or wrong which I respect for more than human who just says what people want to hear. He's far more correct than anyone else.
2020-10-30 04:34
thorin fanboys are 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 like him
2020-10-30 05:20
11 replies
N🤮vi fans too
2020-10-30 09:01
10 replies
fanboy
2020-10-30 11:20
9 replies
Yes brat
2020-10-30 13:08
4 replies
Ok
2020-10-30 19:44
3 replies
Men u ok
2020-10-30 22:42
2 replies
Ok
2020-10-31 04:59
1 reply
Ok best flair 👉👌
2020-10-31 07:17
I bet you would let S1mple or Electronic kiss your baby like a president would
2020-10-30 17:34
3 replies
Fanboy
2 replies
Fanboy
1 reply
Ok
2020-10-31 05:00
I’m what you would call a thorin fanboy because he has an impressive body of work that almost nobody bar rlewis has achieved in the interview and general content side. The guy is actually intelligent and can look through bullshit unlike you fucking 60iq idiots that believe orgs like astralis are completely innocent. I don’t really read his twitter or care as a matter of fact who he has a problem with because 1. I’m not like you guys looking for the smallest angle to take a go at him and 2. Who ever he disagrees with is his problem not mine. The guy also does by the numbers which is undoubtedly the best csgo podcast and has fantastic insight into the game. And you just dislike him because he might of called your favourite player shit or You can’t take it that people are allowed to have opinions that are different from yours
2020-10-30 05:39
 | 
Poland morosek
Both
2020-10-30 05:44
He climbed up to supreme master first class but hey whatever also due to Duncan not actually actively playing the account de-ranks quite often it's fairly common for people who are busy, not really incentivized to play it often to keep their ranks cause it doesn't matter for him, he is a analyst what does he have to prove? He creates tons of content and does his research for it add on top of that the amount of time he spend at events back then. His knowledge & insight into the game are unquestionably one of the highest we should be glad we have someone like him who actively cared for the game over all these years.
2020-10-30 07:41
he is irrelevant
2020-10-30 07:59
saying he doesn't matter disregards our entire scene which he has been in for 20 years. He has a lot of takes some very out landish but you can't ignore him.
cyx | 
South Africa bonkaz
I just tried to imagine to be so bored with my life to write pages about somebody who doesn't work that many desks anyways and whose twitter I could mute/block any time of the day. Holy shit, mate. Get a hobby.
 | 
Georgia giorgi333
first of all you made the classic "film makers falacy" where it states that a person who hasnt made a film cant have a say in what film is good or bad, so by that logic thorin cant be a good analyst because he is gold nova 2 or whatever, which is absolutely brain dead, by that logic pretty much all of you here shouldnt be able to discuss any pro games because you arnt at that level, also he HAS a very good grasp for the game, he has been in counter strike for fucking ages now, he has an amazing eye for talent in general, most predictions he makes turns out to be true like astralis not actually wanting to have a 6man roster and that just being bullshit, being a fan of device when everyone said he sucked ass, etc etc, also the phrase fanboy isnt really appropriate here but whatever, to answer ur question, both really
2020-10-30 11:31
2 replies
+1 Also he doesn't need to be an analyst at the desk, because there are others who might be better at that part. He is basically the csgo historian. Knowing what happend when and connecting the dots with all of his information.
2020-10-30 13:30
1 reply
 | 
Georgia giorgi333
+1 true
2020-10-30 14:01
who watched him when csgo analysis is irrelevant in 2020
2020-10-30 11:32
 | 
Spain SS_SS
nova scrub, should be illegal to hire him
2020-10-30 11:32
There is something to be said and analysed about the kind of people that discredits others based on them disliking perceived character of person in question. This hatred and vitriol, I don't expect to see that coming from a balanced mentally sound person to begin with. Hatred towards people that you don't even know, that you have decided to make your target for whatever vile negative emotions you have seeping from inside. That it what seems like to me.
2020-10-30 11:36
Thorin is a fucking idiot. period.
2020-10-30 13:31
his tweets trigger you, I get it. His videos are informative and good.
2020-10-30 13:33
1 reply
He's a Swedish immigrant of Poland... AKA a place Thorin triggered.
2020-10-30 17:32
both
2020-10-30 13:37
His twitter is hilarious, although over the top at times. His videos are very informative and shows like counter-points can give you a very good insight into what goes on behind what we see. Check out the one he did with apEX, it's really good. He's also not afraid to admit when he's wrong and will publicly state as much and apologise. He's got a really good level of journalistic integrity along with people like RLewis and Dekay. People just hate him because they can't look past "ginger man bad"
2020-10-30 13:40
2 replies
+1
2020-10-30 14:20
+1
2020-10-30 17:32
I like because he's an asshole and gets himself in so much shit because of ego
2020-10-30 17:33
LMAOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDD DUDE, WHY SHOULD EVERY ANALYST BE A GLOBAL? WHY ARENT U ANALYST FOR ESL, BLAST, DREAMHACK IF U ARE SO GOOD AND KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THE GAME??
2020-10-30 17:35
 | 
Brazil FireXter
thorin is boring
2020-10-30 18:10
Name checks out
2020-10-30 18:13
 | 
United Kingdom fal36
lmao every thorin thread gets 100+ posts and you wonder why hes relevant?
2020-10-30 18:14
*Do you like him because you think he's a great analyst or do you like him because of his Twitter trashtalking persona?* I like him as a historian and journalist. Don't confuse his analysis with analysis by spunj, launders, sgares, elmapuddy, etc. His analysis is not about micro, in-game play. *I don't understand why you would simp for a Gold Nova player... he has 0 gamesense, he's not a real analyst.* I don't understand what being a Gold Nova player has to do with analyzing professional csgo play. MM is entirely different than team counterstrike so not sure how these two are correlated.
2020-10-30 19:31
 | 
Andorra BENZ1N3RA
Trash thread. You can be a football analyst without knowing how to play football.
2020-10-30 19:37
thread like this show how dumb some thorin haters are, when one of their main argument is that "someone is a gold nova" my take: his interviews are incredible, don't see how anyone can argue otherwise, his other content is also usually interesting twitter? it's edgy but pretty funny sometimes
2020-10-30 22:53
Thorin would take ten years to tell you how to screw a lightbulb. Five seconds on the light itself, and the rest on the history of lightbulbs, his personal opinions on lightbulbs, and how he feels about light philosophically. I don't know how anyone sits through the narcissistic wank-fest he calls content
2020-10-30 23:11
7 replies
nt, nice hyperbole burger not every content has to be "OMG INSANE nutty trickshot compilation by tarik"
2020-10-30 23:34
2 replies
Sorry, but memorizing gotfrag/hltv stats for 20 years only makes you qualified to give your opinion on those stats. The guy thinks his every dumb thought is a gift from God, my eyes stay rolled
2020-10-30 23:48
1 reply
Sorry, but you're strawmanning him hard, watching literally 1 interview proves your claim wrong, it's not only about stats.
2020-10-30 23:55
Lol this is true. His rants do go on forever. I do like his detailed breakdowns of transfers and explanations of news from TOs and orgs. It helps understand the bigger picture
2020-10-31 18:31
3 replies
I like the detailed breakdowns too, that's why it's frustrating having to sit through all his waffling. Also, he gets better access to pros than other interviewers, and then he wastes their time by inserting his opinions everywhere instead of taking in their perspective
2020-10-31 19:37
2 replies
I guess I could see that. I do like some of his opinions because they are way more supported than other interviewers, but it does get old hearing him attack certain things, like Niko and Faze for example. Thorin will often allude toward how Niko screwed Faze up by kicking Karrigan and taking igl, but then he never gets over it.
2020-10-31 21:43
1 reply
Completely agree. The way he talks about the players is often irresponsibly personal or condescending. He starts witch hunts to get social media clout (calling Zeus a "bot" on twitter is not analysis, racially trolling Brazilians is not analysis). Few people have as much in-depth knowledge on the early cs scene, but I think the actual guy is an insufferable egomaniac
2020-11-01 01:27
I love his don't give a fook attitude
2020-10-31 05:26
1 reply
 | 
Panama Bill_Bait
aka trying to be badass
2020-10-31 18:16
He is entertaining and does great interviews. Yeah he comes off like a bit of a dickhead on twitter but whatever.
2020-10-31 19:42
 | 
Bulgaria Norwenn
I've never understood the hate for him, he's cool and fun to listen to
2020-10-31 20:31
according to your own logic you cant critique thorin for being a bad analyst because you've never been on a desk yourself. What would you know about it?
2020-10-31 20:49
i think he's genuinely a great analyst and that he can be funny on the desk that's why i like him. He clearly understands the structure of a team. Considering he never was a pro in CS or i believe any esport, He's pretty good.
2020-10-31 20:54
Winstrike
Cyber Legacy
Triumph
Rebirth
Izako Boars
Lyngby Vikings
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.