ya but entry level salary for a software engineer is like $100k in US, while it's $30k best case in EU
I have 30 days a year that i can take whenever i want. Going forward from 2022, im going to have 35 days.
Yes, of course we do.
Part of why is because organized labor is a thing here, so labor unions have real power meaning workers have power. Here is some of what we have.
- 5 weeks paid vacation by law, with three of those weeks required to be in consecutive weeks in the summer time. And lots of people have another week on top.
- Paid sick days.
- Paid children's first sick day.
- Parent gets two weeks extra days of leave per child per year.
- 1 year share maternity leave for parents - with pay.
- 37 hour work weeks, many have those include 2½hour lunch time.
- On average 12 bank holidays per year. For many those come with full pay, some even have like something extra on top.
- After just some months one is entitled to three months notice, this grows with like another month per three years working the same job. If leavings one job one never have to give more than one months notice.
- Working extra hours often comes with extra pay. Like for example if I work in a weekend I get 100% extra pay, as in double pay for each working hour.
- One is always entitled to at least 11 hours off between work sessions, so fx. if you work till midnight you can not be asked to work again until 11 am.
- Right to paid training to keep your skills current.
... and there is lots more. Like gender equality, job protection for pregnant women, extra job protection for those that are union representatives or work safety officers.
Also pay is good for even McJobs. No one need to work more than one job to make a living.
ye but america is best country in world mens)) xaxax
Im confused.. You make it sound like some US businesses don't offer this. I mean the maternity leave isn't as good as the EU. But it ultimately depends on what company you work for.
??? You literally do as well. (Don't think it's legally required though). What type of sketchy company did you join? My father offers paid sick leave and paid vacation to his American employees.
I would say most medium sized companies offer this.
At least you have guns Kappa
Did I forget to say that schools are free? Schools are FREEEEEEEEEE
Roads are freee
Yeah and public healthcare is btw is like 40e per doctor visit. But most employers give you free private hospital services that are related to work (you get sick or hurt yourself while working its all free).
But taxes are bad right?
That’s why Europe is ahead of USA.