Thread has been deleted
Last comment
how to study ?
 | 
Finland Dimigue 
what is a good mehod for studying? currently i have been doing my own resumes but idk if its the best strategy, I have the whole theme written on the notebooks but i always write it on a paper, for maths I wirte the theory and then apply it on some exercises, is doing resumes a waste of time or is it something useful ?
2020-11-29 02:13
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Gustav | 
Sweden günT
Resume?
2020-11-29 02:15
3 replies
 | 
Europe Nuskel
Summary.
2020-11-29 02:17
 | 
Finland Dimigue
i dont know how it is called on english but basically its when you sum up the whole things your learned on a paper or something like that and instead of just reading you also kinda of re write it
1 reply
Gustav | 
Sweden günT
You should continue doing that. You want last long at uni without being able to break down and categorize huge bits of information. But then again it probably varies depending on what you study.
2020-11-29 02:21
But for things like maths and science, doing practice questions (also reviewing textbook, notes etc) are personally the best ways to study.
3 replies
 | 
Finland Dimigue
but do you think that doing summaries helps ?
2020-11-29 02:18
2 replies
Depends on what for. In maths, unless you get notes for the test i don’t think summaries help. For science, if you know what you’re studying for the test, summarising the required content can be helpful.
 | 
Europe Nuskel
Depends on both the person and the subject. In calculus I'd be fucked if I only did summaries instead of practicing different questions. For non-math related subjects I was better off with summaries, but for math stuff I'd rather have an understanding of what I'm trying to do and know how to progress in different questions.
2020-11-29 02:22
I will give you some advice that I use to this date and they work well for me. You can give it a try if you want. I use a technique called Pomodoro. Basically, a single Pomodoro session is 25 minutes of working and 5 minutes of taking a break from your work. After 5 Pomodoros, take an extended break of 30 minutes. This helps me because I never get bored with what I am doing. I also have a separate desk for studying and I study in a full silent place. I normally put music without words and the ones that are not too catchy or exciting. This way I will not get distracted by the music. I normally listen to piano or classical music since it is my favorite genre. I have this strategy where I take a bunch of paper clips and when I am done with a part of my work, I put one paper clip into the empty container on my desk. It helps me think that I am making progress. Also, try to tell yourself that you are in your control, and that way you might stop procrastination. And finally, only put things that you will need throughout your study on your desk and keep your desk clean. Good luck studying mens)))
2020-11-29 02:20
5 replies
+1 nicest comment i saw on hltv
 | 
Europe Nuskel
That's a good tip, but not quite what he's looking for. He wants different studying methodologies, not routines.
2020-11-29 02:28
2 replies
Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. If what I am thinking is right, then I recommend writing small summaries on an organized paper would help. So, when you write your main writing or essay, for example, you would look at the summaries you have and study like that. Did I understand correctly?
2020-11-29 02:33
1 reply
 | 
Europe Nuskel
Yeah, that's the stuff.
2020-11-29 13:59
 | 
Yugoslavia ggonerr
this is actually some pretty solid advice
2020-11-29 02:23
 | 
Iraq NIAMZWER
just do whatever
2020-11-29 02:20
Watch youtube meanwhile doing your homework. That makes you more productive
 | 
Brazil goatzera
It is what works better for you. For me: Read and doing exercises, in highschool my book had only an essay matter, I hate to write.
2020-11-29 02:27
 | 
Japan Pingu_MOUZ
for physics, i feel like re-making notes and making summary is absolutely useless. 100% full focus on practicing tons of questions
2020-11-29 02:29
JW | 
Sweden Nappev
if u dont want to do anything, tell urself to just do something for 2 minutes and after that, if you feel liek you can keep going you keep going. if not, dont. do it later. set an alarm for 2 minutes. it helps alot. clean space without distraction no mobile phone
2020-11-29 02:33
I personally got rid of notebooks, started doing my own notes with A4 sheets and they've been working for me. After a new subject i put some exercises that envolves the most of the subject. Also, putting formulas on someplace visible is quite nice. I used to put them at the background of my desktop. If you do with friends, you can also ask each other important stuff. Also, i always divide my studies on two per day. When i used to study for national exams it would be like Math/Phisics in 1 day, Biology/Chmistry in the other, and so on. One thing that actually helped is to read everything u studied in the day at night before sleeping. And, ofc, always have your exercises-only days
2020-11-29 02:51
1 reply
Ofc depends on yourself. I myself am a fastlearner so this works for me. Ive got a friend who learned by explaining to himself the subject on audios, and, ofc, sent them to him so that he could hear them after, this can also work
2020-11-29 02:53
youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE&feature=.. This is a fantastic video that I always recommend when someone asks this question. Listen carfeully!
2020-11-29 14:02
 | 
African Union remiska
regular studying shows best results testing is extremely beneficial to studying (memorising) breaks are beneficial also cramming last minute does actually work to certain degree this is from psychological studies on learning
2020-11-29 14:12
for math you just have to learn the type of problems your prof gives on the tests for shit you do dont care about: just memorize for shit you are interested in: understand it, that way you dont have to memorize nothing
2020-11-29 14:06
I wrote 80 A4 pages of exercises in the lead up for the exam of the hardest Maths course at my uni and passed comfortably despite struggling with the earlier Math courses where I didn't do such extensive preparation. Writing it down over and over again and applying the knowledge in different ways really helped me.
2020-11-29 14:14
2 replies
write it down with your hand not on a pc. Sounds stupid but i write down like a formula 100 times by hand and then i have no problem memorizing it.
2020-11-30 13:29
1 reply
Of course i write it on paper.
2020-11-30 13:35
revision and question practice . make short notes of your own and revise that
2020-11-29 14:21
For learning theory, just flip through all the pages at first, then read the chapter names, first and last sentence of each chapter and then start going through each ch. by reading the bold text, after which go to the assignments or practical exercises to have a general knowledge about what is required. Only after you done this start studying as you already have a map in your head and a general idea about what each section of the information contains. It seems like an hassle but it's actual a faster method since you assimilate knowledge much faster. It's just how the brain works.
2020-11-29 14:27
Write memos during class and underline stuff the prof says in the book as he is going through his lecture.I know it's hard expecialy during this online era as most of students end up sleeping through the lecture but trust me , this is the best way , learn during the lecture. Most of the time what your prof says is about 60% of what you need to know , and depend of what grade you want you just need to upgrade more on what the profesor said. Listed to a Korean boy , our parents made us into study machines.
2020-11-29 14:33
2 replies
 | 
Finland Dimigue
I do that, but how should i study outside the class ? Every day ? Before test ? should I write more than what i read ?
2020-11-30 13:28
1 reply
All of that depends on you. I'm more of an audio type of studying so I try to learn as much during classes and take a lot of private tutoring classes. I try to study everysingle day but that isn't always possible since I try to be social at least a bit. You should try a lot of different styles of studying and you will eventualy find the one that suits you. You should try writing more than reading but thats also up to you. And sleep aftr a long study session.
2020-11-30 15:00
read > write > repeat
2020-11-29 14:35
You only "learn" something by turning the learning knowledge into your knowledge. If you learn exactly every word or formula without "digesting", you won't learn that much, just like eating and throw up. Get some personal notes with your comment on what you don't understand in the textbook, that's one way to learn.
2020-11-29 14:41
if u dont wanna study, it clearly means ur not interested in your major. so the best is just to not study or quit ^^
2020-11-29 15:12
1 reply
 | 
Finland Dimigue
i didnt say i dont want to study, i said i dont know which study methodology is the best
2020-11-30 13:24
VINI | 
Brazil 1930
my best method: get so fucking early out of bed
2020-11-30 13:36
Pompa
HONORIS
Astralis
Evil Geniuses
Natus Vincere
Liquid
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.