Thread has been deleted
Last comment
EPL S13 TEAMS
 | 
Australia DELUSIONAL_JKS_FAN 
Ill list it by teams ranks as off 28/02/2021, and for every team, ill give a chance of winning EPL in my opinion. (the maths combined isnt going to add up to 100%, its just a general idea). Im going to skip a few teams in terms of analysis, but ill still give them a chance of winning. Astralis (#1): Astralis have looked extremely shaky in 2021. The Danish giants had a good start to the year entering the BLAST Premier Global Final, however after their grand final 2-0 lose to NaVi, they have had questionable loses to BIG, NIP, Virtus.Pro, and as well as a suprising lose to Spirit (16-1), while only picking up wins against a weak EG, the new Mousesports roster, and a very weak OG. In saying this, id definitely say they are going to get out of the group stage assuming they are going to split the teams into 2 or 3 groups as per usual. Bubzkji has also said that he will be playing in multiple maps instead of just Nuke. Multiple players in Astralis have not been playing too well, with Magisk and Xyp9x playing poorly, while Device and Dupreeh have been playing quite well. Hopefully Bubzkji could allow Astralis to perform like the top team they are. CHANCE OF WINNING: 35% Natus Vincere (#2): NaVI had a great start in 2021, winning the Blast Premier Global Final over Astralis. Since winning, Navi topped their Spring Groups Group with ease, and had a good start in IEM Katowice, however they fell short to Liquid, as well as Gambit in the semi-final. I think an issue with NaVi is definitely Flamie. As good of a player as he is, he has not been performing very well in the team for a while now. NaVi also have a 6th player in the form of B1T who has not seen too much play time, but has been ok as a player. S1mple has been in incredible form, while the rest of the team have been playing average, with boombl4 being very inconsistant, as in one game he will have 1.4 rating, while the other he will have a .8 rating. However, if everything clicks and all the players put up numbers, I believe this team could be the favourite to win. CHANCE OF WINNING: 35% Vitality (#3): Vitality have had a very rough start to the year, winning only 3 of their 9 best of 3 matches. They started their year winning 2-0 against Complexity and Liquid, whoever that where the success ended. After dropping out of the BLAST Global Finals that they were favoured to win, they entered the BLAST Spring Groups with a shocking loss to Complexity, losing a questionable Overpass in a 16-2 fashion. Their IGL Apex took a short break after this match, leaving Shox to IGL and Nivera to play every map. Since coming in last out of the groups, they have not found their feet, dropping out of Katowice very early. The issue with Vitality at the moment is that their indiviuals aren't playing as well as they were in the end of 2020. One of these players are Nivera. In 2020, he had an average rating of 1.13, while in 2021 he has an average of 0.93. However with the long break they will have from Katowice to EPL, im sure they will be able to recover and have a very deep run. CHANCE OF WINNING: 20% BIG (#4): BIG so far in 2021 have been very up and down. They opened up the year to a German Cup, coming 2nd to Sprout which should never happen to a team like BIG. BIG also came 3rd-4th at DreamHack Open January 2021, losing to a new Spirit roster in the semi-finals. BIG then came into the Spring Groups strong, winning 2-0 against OG, Astralis, and NIP in the final. BIG however fell short in Katowice, coming 13-16th. Im not too sure what the issue with BIG is at the moment, but XANTARES definitely could be putting up more numbers, as well as k1to. CHANCE OF WINNING: 15% Liquid (#5): Liquid in 2020 have been pretty strong considering they are coming out of NA. The addition of FalleN as an IGL has definitely brought life into the roster, allowing Stewie to frag again like he was in 2018-2019. Liquid came 4th at the BLAST Global Final, losing to NaVi and Vitality on the way. They unfortunately fell into the Spring Showdown, which is looking like a very stacks list of teams considering only 2 teams will come out. This happened because they lost to their former player Twistzz, who now plays for FaZe, twice. In Katowice, Liquid again looked quite strong, winning series against FaZe, NaVi, as well as Vitality, but eventually fell to a Virtus.Pro who are playing very well at the moment. Given the time they have had with their new IGL, Liquid are doing very well, and are looking good coming into EPL. CHANCE OF WINNING: 10% Virtus.Pro (#6): This team has been unbelieveable good in 2021. Virtus.Pro won cs_summit 7 without dropping a map, beating teams like Furia, NiP, and mousesports. They then has a shock lose at Snow Sweet Snow in the semi-finals, coming short to Gambit. They didnt let that lose get them down, coming into Katowice extremely strong, with YEKINDER and Jame looking incredibly strong and crisp. They are about to play the Grand Final against Gambit in a best of 5, and I believe VP will make it a close game. The only issue with Virtus.Pro would be SANJI (which is nitpicking), however he is a very vital part to this teams success, being a bank for Jame, as well as being an incredible support player. YEKINDER has been playing to top fashion, as well as Jame. CHANCE OF WINNING: 15% Heroic (#8): Heroic have recently announced that they dropped niko and B0RUP, and replaced them with Refrezh and Sjuush. Because of this, I wont take into consideration their recent performance, how ever this is a very odd roster move, considering niko and b0RUP are very strong players. niko was probably one of the best players in this roster, while b0RUP was playing poorly, but was a very good support and entry player. Assuming Sjuush is going to be the new support, and Refrezh is a rifler, it will take time for Sjuush to ajust to his new roles. Because of this, I don't see Heroic making a very deep run, however i'll be happy to be proven wrong, as TeSeS and Staven are incredible players. CHANCE OF WINNING: 2% Complexity ((#9) Ill try not to be bias): Since the addition of Jks, Complexity have no doubt fallen far from where they were as a team with oBo. This roster definitely has what it takes to be a solid top 5 team in the world, but for what ever reason it isnt coming together. Personally I would say that this is because of the role conflict between Jks and blameF. While blameF is a great player, I think it would benefit the team a lot more if blameF was a more supportive IGL in the sense that he plays with the team more, and allows Jks to be the primary lurk. This would allow blameF to have more impactful mid and late round calls, as they are quite weak and non existant at the moment. Dispite their poor performance in 2020, they had an incredible run in their BLAST Spring Groups, topping the group without losing a map. Their success with quite short lived however, with a quick lose to NiP in a BO1, and a lose to mousesports to place them 9-12th at Katowice. The team has definitely benefited with Poizon returning, as well as bootcamping. CHANCE OF WINNING: 10% Furia (#10): Furia have just added their new AWPer inthe form of Junior, who has played quite well. However, 2021 hasnt been too kind to them. They came last at the BLAST Premier Global Final, however they were playing with a new comer in the form of Honda. They also came 5-8th at cs_summit 7, losing to a strong Virtus.Pro, as well as mousesports, and they came 7-8th at Katowice, losing to Virtus.Pro again, as well as NaVi. Furia definitely have the ability to make a deep run at EPL, assuming arT and Junior are impactful with their AWPs. I feel like Furia very much rely on their AWPers to make space for them, however Yuurih and VINI and KSCERATO can be very good on their rifles. CHANCE OF WINNING: 5% Evil Geniuses (#11): They have been pretty good recently, but I doubt they will make it very far at EPL. CHANCE OF WINNING: 3% OG (#12): OG have just benched NBK, who id say is definitely the weak link with OG. They definitely need a dedicted support player, or a pure rifler as they lack firepower. While rumours of Ropz joining would be cool, it just wouldnt make sense for Ropz, not OG. I feel like adding a player such as b0RUP or niko would make much more sense. OG probably wont sign a new player before EPL, as would be using a standin. For me it makes no sense how this roster is performing poorly, as Aleksib is a great IGL, with valde and ISSAA being great riflers, and mantuu playing very well with the AWP. However, I highly doubt they would have a great run at EPL with a standin. CHANCE OF WINNING: 5% NiP (#13): They have had some good showings and some bad showings this year since the addition of ztr, but again, I doubt they will get too far. I'd love for REZ and Nawwk to play well however and prove me wrong. CHANCE OF WINNING: 5% G2 (#14): Looking at G2's roster, it doesnt make sense how they aren't much higher in the ranking, but they are playing quite poorly. Since the addition of NiKo, almost everyones rating has dropped, with Hunter being the only player who is performing well. KennyS is not being very impactful with his AWP either. Dispite the poor performances this year, they definitely still have potential to beat top team. Their calls and players jsut aren't on point at the moment. I think G2 will find some form at EPL, and i think they could get top5-8. CHANCE OF WINNING: 8% Gambit (#15): This team has been very good in 2021, making incredible upsets and deep runs. The only team that has been able to beat Gambit suprising has been FPX and Evil Geniuses, while having wins against NaVi, G2, Heroic, mousesports, Virtus.Pro and Spirit. Gambit have come first at Vulkan Fight Series, and are about to play in the Grand Final of Katowice in a best of 5 against Virtus.Pro. Despite their rank, this team has incredible talents while being so young. Their best player, sh1ro, could also break s1mples record of 19 1vX clutches in 1 tournement. This team definitely has what it takes to win EPL. However, these results have been online, and their LAN abilities are yet to be tested. CHANCE OF WINNING: 10% Mousesports (#16): Mouz in 2021 have looked very weak, but have also showed some potential. With karrigan, mouz came 3-4th at cs_summit, losing only to Virtus.Pro, but did not fair too well at Katowice with the addition of new IGL Dexter. They had a very close game with Dexter's ex-teammates, but showed promise with a close series with Gambit, and an incredible comeback to win a series against Complexity. After the play-ins however, they were dismantled by Astralis and Gambit. Despite this, I believe this team has great potential, and Dexter could be a good IGL for these players. However, I think this team might need more time with their new IGL and AWPer in acor. Because of this, I don't think this team will get very far, but I don't think they will flunk out either. CHANCE OF WINNING: 8% Fnatic (#17): With the addition of Jackinho, this roster showed promise at sc_summit 7, coming 2nd only losing to Virtus.Pro in the Grand Final. However, they had a verp poor showing at Katowice, coming last with a lose to OG and a new MIBR. Because of this I doubt they will get far, and might even come last. This team is just way too old to play for titles, with Brollan and maybe KRIMZ being the only stand out players for this roster. CHANCE OF WINNING: 2% FaZe (#18): Since the addition of twistzz and karrigan, I believe this roster can be much better than it was with Olof and Kjaerbye. Considering they have a new IGL and riffler, this roster has played very well all things considered, despite what their results might show. Given time, I think this roster could be a solid top 5 team. However, given how little time they have had together, i think they wont win, but might get to the quarter or semi finals. CHANCE OF WINNING: 8% Cloud9 (#20): They need an actual AWPer. They spend 2.1 million dollars on es3tag, just for him to AWP?? And why get Xeppaa? None of it makes sense to me. They should have just kept woxic for a little longer to see how things go. they aren't going to go far, but might make a few upsets. CHANCE OF WINNING: 5% MIBR (#29): TBH I don't know much about this roster, but I don't think their is much potential in it. The new GODSENT is by far a much better BR roster. CHANCE OF WINNING: 0.5% ENDPOINT (#33): Again, I don't know too much, but flameZ is by far their best player. They could definitely upset some tier 1 teams as they have done before, but I don't see them going far. CHANCE OF WINNING: 2% ENCE (#34): Weirdest roster ive seen in a while, but their players are pretty good, especially dycha and Spinx. However I don't think Snappi is the right person for this roster. That being said, he has had experience IGL an international roster before. I havent watched too many of their games, but they seem to play pretty well in T2-3 games. CHANCE OF WINNING: 1.5% TeamOne (#36): IDK, they didnt alright in NA, but I doubt they will win a game here in EPL. CHANCE OF WINNING: 1% Renegades (#41): The best team in Australia finally made it to EU. They just lost their best player and IGL Dexter, but in return got the best AWPer in Australia, Alistair. I think this team could upset some teams and beat teams like ENCE, and Cloud9, but I don't think they will get very far unless INS and Alistair put up huge numbers like they were in Australia. There is a huge meta difference in OCE compared to EU, so that will take a while to get use too. 1%
2021-02-28 08:13
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
I got very lazy towards the end so im sorry for sloppy writting. I dont really mind if you dont read it as im morely just doing it for myself, but have a good day!
2021-02-28 08:19
8 replies
tes
2021-02-28 08:29
4 replies
wat
2021-02-28 09:58
3 replies
tldr?
2021-02-28 15:41
2 replies
astralis, navi, vitality and VP favoured to win, but dark horses like coL, gambit and liquid have a solid chance
2021-02-28 15:42
1 reply
Nice
2021-02-28 15:46
Thanks, that was very enjoyable
2021-02-28 20:45
tldr wtf
2021-03-01 14:35
1 reply
2021-03-01 14:36
 | 
Other M@GNU5
this is the longest thread I've ever seen in my time in HLTV
2021-02-28 08:15
4 replies
:D
2021-02-28 08:18
3 replies
a lot of it probs didnt make sense anyways lmfao
2021-02-28 11:10
I can't seem to find the reason why you would put this much time in an forum which is being oppressed by the admins
2021-02-28 11:13
1 reply
idk i kinda like writting, but cant be bothered to put too much effort in, so id guess HLTV is the place
2021-02-28 15:41
i aren't read that !
2021-02-28 08:16
2 replies
thats ok!
2021-02-28 08:19
1 reply
well can you give your attendence on HLTV count post :3
2021-02-28 08:20
 | 
Jordan Zereeni
ez4ence
2021-02-28 08:20
1 reply
+1
2021-02-28 08:27
I read all of it. A good read, and I will definitely appreciate your efforts. Love your enthusiasm. Have a nice day :)
2021-02-28 08:27
1 reply
cheers mate
2021-02-28 08:37
Very cool buddy , enjoyed I hop to see a banger event .. not like kato flukers
2021-02-28 08:45
But lets say navi have more chances than astralis They are not even comparable lol
2021-02-28 08:47
1 reply
probably true
2021-02-28 09:38
 | 
United Kingdom tomtom94
This is very in depth! Nice job! I'm going to cling to that 2% chance of an Endpoint win...
2021-02-28 11:17
1 reply
still a chance :D
2021-02-28 11:30
I believe in FaZe without any doubt that FaZe will win the EPL S13. mens))
2021-02-28 11:22
Nice man, how much time did you spend on this?
2021-02-28 11:32
2 replies
idk like 30 mins
2021-02-28 11:49
1 reply
gj Good threads are rare thing on this forum
2021-02-28 11:50
Nice thread. But for me OG is become hEROIC, 2% win not more. This EPL its for Astr/Navi/VP/LIQUID/BIG
2021-02-28 11:34
3 replies
Faze and vitality at least have the same chances as some of those teams tbf
2021-02-28 11:57
2 replies
Yeah, of course, but vitality is not good at this debut of 2021, is for that i have not told him ^^, and for FAZE i wait a little, but i'm ok without you
2021-02-28 14:27
1 reply
I mean if vitality solve some of their problems and zywoo and nivera get fired up again theyll be hard to stop, a deep run is definitely possible. Faze has karrigan, we know he can build up big contenders real quick, if they set the roles and feel comfortable they could already do some heavy damage, depends on the opening games imo, if they get off to a good start and get confident i could see them make it really deep as well
2021-02-28 15:38
bro if i had the discipline and attention span to read this i would get A+ in my tests
2021-02-28 11:43
2 replies
 | 
United States Shr3y
This is embarrasing. That was a very small article.
2021-02-28 14:37
1 reply
okay mr healthy mind
2021-03-02 22:55
EZ FOR CIS AGAIN unlucky Spirit won't play :(
2021-02-28 11:50
4 replies
There is a small chance that Asian team won't come and spirit will replace it
2021-02-28 12:12
1 reply
I hope this happen
2021-02-28 12:13
 | 
Latvia YungPan666
2021-02-28 12:30
1 reply
2021-02-28 13:50
The percentage of winning this tourney is just biased meh
2021-02-28 11:51
1 reply
"ill give a chance of winning EPL in my opinion"
2021-02-28 12:05
 | 
Bulgaria alekscho89
u cannot give 35 % to astralis or big they are choking now it more likely someone from the top 4 ot Katowice to win it
2021-02-28 11:52
4 replies
"ill give a chance of winning EPL in my opinion"
2021-02-28 11:54
Top 4 of kato gonna get looked at very carefully and antistratted. If they dont have a deep playbook and change it up they might get destroyed in the next few games
2021-02-28 11:58
1 reply
+1
2021-02-28 16:07
the only team which might win from katowice top4 is vp.
2021-02-28 12:23
 | 
Russia cyalan
i have literally no idea who is going to win - all top5 teams were eliminated by cis teams and played poorly, but will it continue on epl? cheering for astralis and bubzkji tho btw i really like the effort put into analysis, good job!
2021-02-28 11:59
Sanji has 0.98 rating while playing without guns for the most part, he is a really crucial element to their success, in another team/ role he might have sth along 1.05-1.15 as well, imo he is very underrated.
2021-02-28 12:00
Nice thread, agree on a lot of your analysis. Threads like this are a rare thing on hltv.
2021-02-28 12:04
 | 
France Il_padrino
I read it Thx for it, appreciated it
2021-02-28 12:08
Long thread = long d*ick
2021-02-28 12:10
cant wait for astralis last place
2021-02-28 12:12
praying for astralis or some cis team to win it
2021-02-28 12:14
What’s the point of percentages if it doesn’t add up, I’m confused...
2021-02-28 12:14
Was fun reading that thread thanks Mr. Delusional_Jks_Fan :)
2021-02-28 12:18
1 reply
thanks for reading :D
2021-03-01 04:53
Genuine and unbiased +1
2021-02-28 12:36
1 reply
Cheers :)
2021-02-28 13:19
teams which can win : gambit, g2, coL, vp, vitality, navi, astralis. gambit: If playoffs are on LAN, then no chance for them. g2: Its their last tournament together, if they dont reach finals, somebody is getting kicked. So they should play like nothing to lose. coL: these guys are finding themselves, and they were on bootcamp. Insane firepower aswell. They will be dark horses. VP: they have big fucking momentum behind them, lets see if they can keep it up. The only team which can stop them is NAVI/coL or vitality. Vitality: Again they have had bad start to 2021, and idk why. They are pretty good team, I think there chances are not high. But they can still win. I hope we see 2019 ZywOo. Hopefully he hasnt lost motivation. NAVI: They were on 10 games win streak. They are doing not bad. But they have to show more. They need to fix their mistakes, and tbh I think flamie will get benched if they dont win this. And if Playoffs are on lan, they should easily win it. Astralis: tbh I dont think they will win this one. But as bubzki said they have new system. So they might have new energy in team, new motivation. And everything might start clicking. And this is a big format, so they will have alot of chances. And often astralis is good in this kinda tournaments. But if they dont reach top4 here, expect some changes.
2021-02-28 12:40
4 replies
all great points
2021-02-28 14:00
CoL and G2 winning omegalul that's completely new level of delusion S-Tier Candidates: NaVi, Mb Astralis, Gambit A-Tier Candidates: VP and Vitality B-Tier: LULquid
2021-02-28 14:09
2 replies
vp a tier hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahaha, vp can destory anyone. And astralis s tier hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha, losing to fucking ztr hahahhahahahah. see you when col reaches top4 if esl dont fuck their groups.
2021-02-28 14:16
1 reply
Sure you can swap VP and Astralis but Astralis always has slow first months CoL sure they can shock us but i don't believe in them
2021-02-28 14:20
patience level 9999999999999999
2021-02-28 14:03
 | 
Greenland Fakeflak
You're pretty smart considering that you're also delusional..
2021-02-28 14:07
1 reply
nah, goat Jks will single handed win EPL
2021-02-28 15:16
Ok
2021-02-28 14:29
1 reply
+1
2021-02-28 14:36
I think Gamibit and VP should have a little bit more chance of winning Otherwise amazing thread and a good read :D
2021-02-28 14:37
1 reply
you are probably right
2021-02-28 15:07
TeamOne (#36): IDK, they didnt alright in NA, but I doubt they will win a game here in EPL. CHANCE OF WINNING: 1% 1% is to high
2021-02-28 15:42
2 replies
well, it's actually 0,48% because the percentages add up to 207% lmao
2021-02-28 15:51
1 reply
lol
2021-02-28 16:02
Here are the real odds for the tournament winner according to the OP Astralis 16.9% Na'Vi 16.9% Vitality 9.66% BIG 7.24% VP 7.24% Liquid 4.84% coL 4.84% Gambit 4.84% G2 3.86% Mouz 3.86% FaZe 3.86% Furia 2.42% OG 2.42% NiP 2.42% C9 2.42% EG 1.45% Heroic 0.97% Fnatic 0.97% Endpoint 0.97% ENCE 0.72% Renegades 0.48% TeamOne 0.48% MIBR 0.24%
2021-02-28 16:08
1 reply
pog
2021-03-01 04:53
Nice but I think heroic with this new roster has maybe a slightly higher chance
2021-03-01 04:58
1 reply
idk, because one of the new players will have to learn to be a support player
2021-03-01 14:32
If EG 5th is oBo then 3% -> 100%.
2021-03-01 05:08
 | 
Russia dmY
Lmao ENCE is already dead team.
2021-03-01 07:52
 | 
Asia dyunman
slow clap 10x for effort
2021-03-01 14:34
bro this isnt liquipedia
2021-03-01 14:39
k0nfig | 
United States jai_
Nice thread, I just think that mouz don't have a 8% chance of winning. They got a new igl and I don't think degster has a deep enough strat book for a long tournament like this. I would put it more at 4%.
2021-03-01 14:56
1 reply
you are probs right
2021-03-02 10:48
navi lost to gamb0t in quarter finals not semi *
2021-03-01 14:58
1 reply
oh my bad, cheers
2021-03-01 15:59
15% big 10% liquid u high? with bigs recent results id put them at a 5% chance at best
2021-03-01 16:02
1 reply
Although I might agree with you, flag+flair checks out
2021-03-02 23:03
I love you. This is just plain fantastic analysis. Maybe you dropped the ball a tiny bit here and there (10% <-> 15%, etc), but this was an amazing read
2021-03-02 23:03
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.