Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Super league players banned
Norway firebox_is_triple_ffs 
UEFA’s Alexander Ceferin confirms: “The players that will play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the World Cup and Euros. The right move imo.
2021-04-19 15:10
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Yeah sure he is gonna ban Ronaldo and Messi and lose half of the viewers and money
2021-04-19 15:13
26 replies
SPUNJ | 
Brazil 2de
you really think the players are going to take part in this and "betray" their country, like it or not the world cup is still the most important football event
2021-04-19 15:53
14 replies
+1
2021-04-19 16:10
The players are being payed by their club still, but I would like them to refuse to play in that League. But where did I even say that? I stated that the Uefa is just threatening atm to influence the players to refuse to play, but doubt they would really do it. As they of course also just want to make as much money as possible.
2021-04-19 16:18
1 reply
if uefa ban teams from playing national championships, those teams only would have that superleague the entire lyear, do you really that one team can only survive with 1 tournament yearly? they can't, sponsors will leave, players will lose value, fans will cancel membership because you wont pay every month to see one game every other week, and if they dont make past stage group its even worse.. uefa knows that those teams cant survive like that and its backed up by all federations. Those teams are on the losing side
2021-04-19 18:34
 | 
Nigeria STFU_M8
no lmao, nobody cars about wc when you can get so much more salary in clubs. For example neymar wont let his such a big contract go cause he wants to play world cup once every 4years. But anyways they will try to fix this somehow.
2021-04-19 17:43
6 replies
+1
2021-04-19 22:58
Thank God, you are wrong. World Cup is still the most prestige thing, not only in football, but the most prestige trophy in all sports... Football' Club is more about their job. Of course its very important. I would even say its the most important aspect for mamy many players but World Cup is like Nobel or Oscar, or Olympic Gold Medal for Athlete... Some Holy Graal, do yeah. You're wrong.
2021-04-20 11:42
4 replies
 | 
Nigeria STFU_M8
Just stop with this prestige cringe. France literally won world cup in 2018 and I think about more than half of the team wasnt even french and alot of them werent born in france. Neymar is getting €700,000 a week. Mbappe is gettin €600,000 a week They wont leave psg, so that they can play just a " another tournament" once every 4 years and have a chance to maybe win that. And they earn that much money for themselves while wc is won by a team, alot of different players. And nobel/oscar they might be good or whatever, but nothing beats money in this world dude lol. I think only stupid people will choose worthless awards over money. But you do you man.
2021-04-20 11:50
3 replies
whatever you say, world cup is the most wanted trophy in all sports and your crying will not change that but hey.... cry is free
2021-04-21 01:44
2 replies
 | 
Nigeria STFU_M8
literally you are crying cause no logic but its ok nobody cars about wc/countries. but hey.... be delusional xaxaxa
2021-04-21 11:03
1 reply
Nobody cares instead of milions XDD Go back cry to your cave. Ignoring your autism from now. Have a nice day.
2021-04-21 11:08
2021-04-19 18:11
So Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo are going to move to Valencia or Marseille and earn 5millions max per year so they can play a tournament every 4 years... The one who is losing with this decision is the WC that's not going to have all the best players for "free" on random countries like Qatar while doing free money from sponsors and corrupt countries.
2021-04-19 19:18
1 reply
+1
2021-04-19 22:58
 | 
Sweden noddyy
they care more about instagram followers than playing for the national team
2021-04-19 23:19
they're gonna retire eventually, so football moves on, no player is bigger than the game, i'll still watch it without them you can still watch mbappe, psg not in it
2021-04-19 16:09
10 replies
so what? do u think people gonna chose club over country? absolety no
2021-04-19 16:10
8 replies
wdym ofcourse they do. clubs is a serious work world cups is more like a festival, holiday
2021-04-19 18:09
7 replies
lol you think c.ronaldo betray his country for money ur fooling urself or neymar imagine being named as a traitor
2021-04-19 18:30
6 replies
its not a war retardinho wake up. world cups r not that prestige as it was before, its just a big festival for people
2021-04-19 18:59
3 replies
lmao ok you have no idea sorry
2021-04-19 19:14
2 replies
lmao ok you have no idea sorry
2021-04-19 21:10
 | 
Latvia pumasiK
It's you who has no idea lmao
2021-04-20 11:29
So...C.Ronaldo is going to play for dublin fc and win 100.000euros per year so he can be a hero on his country. Lol
2021-04-19 19:20
1 reply
messi said he would trade all of his ballondor for a wc and ronaldo said 2016 euro win is biggest achivement of my life
2021-04-19 19:27
Yes but brodder, 'no player is bigger than the game'. It aren't the players who are fixing this you know, most of them are even speaking against it. Imagine punishing the players for choices the club makes, that makes no sense. In my opinion they can't and won't do that to the players, they have nothing to do with it. Maybe they can refuse to play in that League but idk, what a shit idea even creating that.
2021-04-19 16:12
Florentino Perez: If players who play in this tournament are not allowed to play in the World Cup, we will create our own World Cup tournament. It's no problem. "
2021-04-19 15:18
5 replies
 | 
Tunisia Tunisiaa
XDDDDDDD
2021-04-19 15:23
It was fake, already confirmed.
2021-04-19 15:29
All it takes is one mental case in 4billion football fans to finish this guy off.
2021-04-19 15:30
1 reply
 | 
Nigeria STFU_M8
you think he is stupid? He realises this aswell and most likely has secured himself very well.
2021-04-19 17:50
Would be better
2021-04-19 17:52
 | 
Germany AngiMerkel
guys, I have been reading the news and all about this super league idea and 99% of the people are hating on it... can someone explain whats so bad about it? for me as a football fan, it would just mean more matches to watch or is there someting I am not seeing about this? help me out
2021-04-19 15:23
21 replies
"for me as a football fan" press X
2021-04-19 15:24
19 replies
 | 
Germany AngiMerkel
whats ur point?
2021-04-19 15:25
18 replies
Because you must be a very light fan to not realise the far reaching implications of this
2021-04-19 15:26
17 replies
exactly
2021-04-19 15:27
 | 
Germany AngiMerkel
well Im not a "light fan", just curious about what the implications are of increased competition all other things staying the same
2021-04-19 15:28
15 replies
A) any team / player participating will be banned from domestic and European leagues B) These teams are pursuing an NFL style system (prob due to American influence) C) These rich, underperforming teams are subverting competition and fair play D) The teams cant be relegated and have guaranteed money despite underperformance E) This is greed, the fans have no control, only American and Arabian billionaires F) Domestic divisions like the Premier League will struggle to get lucrative TV deals and sponsorships which could have huge implications in the sport Luckily German teams seem to be avoiding it which is lucky for you guys I guess There is a lot more and if you want I can go into depth of any of these points
2021-04-19 15:34
5 replies
 | 
Germany AngiMerkel
A) "any team / player participating will be banned from domestic and European leagues" yeah but this would be due to Uefa/fifa banning them, so its not that the super league has any fault in that, its the reaction that would destroy football B) dont know much about NFL, probably wont fit well for football, but still interesting to see something new imo C) &D) fair enough, I think some adjustments would have to be made E) yeah that sucks and arabs have been controlling european clubs for years F) same as A, IMO if this super league was just an addition to the other existing leagues and all clubs kept playing domestically and internationally like they do now and the super league is just an additional competition mid-week, that point would also not stand yeah so far I am proud of german clubs for not joining since there is so much backlash against this, however I am insanely pissed of bayerns decision to back Salihamidzic instead of Flick, they will literally go from best in the world to decent again... what a stupid move... yeah overall I get your points, the proposal is nothing but perfect, just generally I would not shy away from the idea of having an additional competition where the best clubs from each country play each other in a league format regularly
2021-04-19 15:42
4 replies
This Super League has been in discussions before I was even born, it was very clear from everyone involved that they would be banned from the World Cup, Domestic competition etc. They have done it in a pandemic to A) avoid protests B) to use pandemic finances to relate to people despite them all being owned by billionaires and not working class people struggling to put food on the table Also don't get me started on American franchising, it would fuck football and it stands against everything we believe in in England at least. I completely agree that if the Super League was: 1) More open and allowed for competition and relagation 2) Was a league the top teams fight in instead of a knockout tournament 3) Didnt have founding members and invites etc Who wouldn't want all the best teams in the world duking it out in a league format? Sounds amazing, but the current state they are proposing will fuck football up big time
2021-04-19 15:46
1 reply
 | 
Germany AngiMerkel
yeah completely agree! and if Im not mistaken, UEFA plans to introduce a league format to CL in 2024 right? so we would get that league of top clubs after all... All i wanted to say was, more competition / matches = more exciting matches for me to watch, but yeah... they would have to make a better proposal than they did yesterday!
2021-04-19 15:49
You can't just add another tournament mid-week. Check the matches before and after Cl-Games. Teams already running with their "b" roster. Getafe played way better than real yesterday, cause Real's A-Team was on the bench. Similar to other teams who had Cl games. Players might get paid millions, but they are still human. They can't play a match every 3 days for the whole season. They all running on painkiller and injections already. Playing 90 minutes, they run 9-12km while kicking a ball, with acceleration and stopping and being physical. Shit's harder and more exhausting than it looks like at the pro level. E: Premier league teams would be tripple fucked since they have like 2 domestic cups already. It could only workout if they'd get rid of the domestic cups (no one gives a shit about anyway). Won't happen tho, cause if ever UEFA would prefer to do their own version of super league.
2021-04-19 15:59
1 reply
they should quit shitty boring leagues like bundesliga, la liga and premier league and just go more international. in most of these leagues its just the same teams winning for years straight in a row anyways.
2021-04-19 22:44
Basically, the teams of the Super League will not participate in the Champions/Europa/Europa Conference League. So except on UEFA's point of view, there's no reason at all "fans" hates it. The Super League will be great for football, "fans" just don't realize it now. Furthermore, this ban decision was set up very quickly. That means other decisions can be done as fast.
5 replies
basically this 12 rich shits will destroy every other team left in the europe economically #23 and #31 also most of the matches will be pointless bcuz lack of relegation system
2021-04-19 16:14
4 replies
No, cause other teams will still perform in Champions/Europa/Conference League and get money from it. Why do you ant a relegation system? In the last 20 years (except for the Italian dude to the betting scam), have you seen one of those relegated in Division 2?
2021-04-19 16:19
2 replies
ucl will be dead if this teams left? i want relegation system so bad teams go down and better new teams can get this league?
2021-04-19 16:23
Aston-Villa, Leeds was top tier clubs that went down and Leichester and Man City went the other way. We dont want them to be to secure, we want every match to be vital. Because something rarly happend like a big team goes down doesn't mean it never happens. AFC Wimbeldon was another big club that went bankrupt. Liverpool and Machester Utd was out of Champions league due to poor performance. Juventus went down beacause they cheated, in a SuperLeague it wouldnt matter if they cheat or plays bad. They cant be hurt. they dont even have to play the best Football in Europe. A Club should not be able to pay for topspots, only give them an edge in form of good players, staf and facility.
2021-04-19 19:27
rich? they r bankrupts thats why they creatin superleague rich shits is uefa
2021-04-19 18:12
because it is pay to win and does not reward good play.= e.g teams in lower leagues climbing up to top division for less incentive matches vs top teams all of the time would become boring
2021-04-19 15:38
Football lives from the system that all teams can qualify for a tournament, like the CL for example. This super league is basically a big club of the richest clubs in europe. Doesn't matter how they play, they will not get relegated and this goes against the football we all know and love.
2021-04-19 15:51
 | 
Portugal King_tmac
One of the problems is a simple thing, Do you wanna watch Real Madrid vs Liverpool a lot of times in a year for years to come until you get bored or watch it in special ocasions to create better and more special moments? They made this contract for 23 years. 23 years ago, the top teams were not the same. This is destroying the future of footbal with potencial of new eras with new clubs. This is pure greed, even Uefa and Fifa look like good guys.
2021-04-19 23:00
How many UEFA Nations League you watching? Will be the same, no one cares. Just money.
2021-04-19 16:19
inb4 super world cup is created LUL
2021-04-19 15:24
1 reply
 | 
Tunisia Tunisiaa
2021-04-19 15:25
This will be big for the reason a lot of players are gonna make bank most places they go, so at some point reaching the top will be the aim for many of these players and the World Cup is the aspiration of many players. I could see some revolts within top teams occuring.
2021-04-19 15:27
 | 
Brazil ZerongBr
I dare they to ban the players and Brazil go with Claudinho kkkkkkkkkk
2021-04-19 15:28
Why it's right? I really don't get it. Those 15 clubs want to stop the monopoly of UEFA and FIFA but you are against it? Why? For sport?
2021-04-19 15:29
41 replies
 | 
Finland Dunu
They stop one monopoly and start another, without any fear of relegation and battles from other teams, it's just about being richer and richer, sporting wise it's awful, teams like Tottenham and Arsenal don't deserve to fight against the best if they are not really one of the best teams
40 replies
"They stop one monopoly and start another", it's called Duopoly or competition. It's great for everyone. When you mentionned Tottenham or Arsenal who is not worth it to face the rest of the team? You forget to mention they could secure more financing, get more revenue and recruit better players?
2021-04-19 15:39
39 replies
You clearly have zero idea what’s going to happen.
what about teams like west ham and leicester who fought their way in the standings? seems like you are from usa
27 replies
They will be in Champions/Europa/Europa Conference League...
2021-04-19 15:51
26 replies
this teams are better than arsenal and tottenham but they play in a worse league? also teams who are shit wont face any consequences bcuz there isnt any relegation system basically they will make free money even tho they are shit
there are many teams who would take a spot from this GUARANTEED TEAMS if this league would have 2 division with a relagation system which would punish bad teams and relegate them i wont be against this system
2021-04-19 15:56
Ok so in ur mind, should a team like arsenal and Tottenham deserve to play against the best just because they Signed a contract. But a team like Leicester that can be better than Tottenham and arsenal should play in a lower league? Because they don't have the same money as a club? Btw, would you want CSGO majors to have FNATIC, NiP, ASTRALIS, Na'Vi, G2 etc sign a contract with Valve, so they 100% participate in the majors REGARDLESS of how bad they play? And then teams like Gambit, Heroic etc that plays better don't get to participate and play in the major? So dumbb
2021-04-19 16:22
23 replies
Super League AND Champions League WILL COEXIST... Why you don't want to understand that? Furthermore, with guaranteed revenue, you can build a strong team with a strong medical and support team to increase the performance of the team. Something tells me you see money as the devil itself.
2021-04-19 16:28
22 replies
"Super League AND Champions League WILL COEXIST... Why you don't want to understand that?" So do you think these teams will just carry on playing champions league and premier league like usual? You are sooooo naive holy fuck... This super League is a direct COMPETITION to champions league.
2021-04-19 16:47
"Furthermore, with guaranteed revenue, you can build a strong team with a strong medical and support team to increase the performance of the team." The OWNERS are interested in guaranteed revenue, because their investments wont be as risky. Right now, their team needs to play good to EARN their spot in champions league and get that revenue. The OWNERS wants to remove that. The owners Will get more $$$, that's the ONLY motivation for them. The smaller teams will get less money. And i seriously doubt u even watch the sport IF u dont understand why it's DUMB to have specific teams have PERMANENT spots without having to qualify.
2021-04-19 16:53
20 replies
It's already the case in basketball with EuroLeague. Do you care? Probably not.
2021-04-19 17:17
1 reply
Yes it is in Basketball and I DONT WANT IT TO BE LIKE IN BASKETBALL. Whats Hard to understand for you?
2021-04-19 17:25
And I seriously doubt you understood my comment... Let's go, let's relegate them in division 5 cause you like it.
2021-04-19 17:18
17 replies
You CLEARLY aren't a fan of football, you probably don't even watch the sport ! So why the fuck are you here arguing ? You realize the people behind this are only the billionaire owners who Saw an opportunity to get more $$$?
2021-04-19 17:27
2 replies
Ok, I'm not a fan. This is the conclusion you made cause you clearly refuse to understand it can be good. "Furthermore, with guaranteed revenue, you can build a strong team with a strong medical and support team to increase the performance of the team." Where didn't you understand that? Did you know a "Super League" already exists in Europe for basketball? Do you care and do you stand against it? Do you love to see what happens to a club like Schalke 04 this season? If yes, you don't like football.
2021-04-19 17:32
1 reply
yes if they are bad i want them relegated like schalke 04
2021-04-19 17:45
Honestly it seems like you legit don't even watch football, Saw these threads, Read 15 minutes about what super League is and then went on hltv to argue about it. Imagine u unironically thought that players would be able to play premier league + champion ns league + super League LMAO Please just shut the fu k Up ty
2021-04-19 17:29
13 replies
They will not play CL... You didn't even understand what you talk about. It's not: national championship + CL + SL It's: National Championship + SL for the 12 founding teams and National Championship + CL/EL/ECL for the rest of the team. Be happy, you will see brand new team in Champions League, Europa League, and Europa Conference League.
2021-04-19 17:34
8 replies
YOU said they would play CL + SL thats what i made fun of... and btw, losing all those teams to SL, CL Will become a lot less relevant. It ruins the competitiveness of CL we Saw where only the best of the best could win... And where a CL spot from PL was HARD to win and EARNED. Not some bullshit where some top teams are exclusively playing a Valve major, some top teams are exclusively playing a ESL major.
2021-04-19 17:49
5 replies
I never said CL + SL or it's really a mistyped. And you should already understand that Super League team will not attend any more champions league. It's funny to see you want to see a competitive cup but refuse to adopt this change.
2021-04-19 17:47
4 replies
So CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW this cup would be MORE competitive than the Champions league ? Explain to me. And yes i understand that teams ofc can't play at SL+CL, that's why i made fun that YOU said that
3 replies
Better team, better players, better-supervised players with better player management, medical staff, less stressed players cause they could better focus on the game and not have the stress to be relegated (I know you like it). A secured environment for everyone. But, yes you will not see in Super League a T2/T3 team reaching playoffs. For that, you will still have the Champions League. Do you know there's a Super League lookalike in Basketball in Europe? The EuroLeague?
2021-04-19 17:56
2 replies
"better team!?" "better players" WHAT? lmao The best teams and best players were already trying to win champions league. It's the biggest accomplishment One can get besides the world cup. Better team my ass. Juventus, Spurs and Arsenal participating u saying they are the best of the best? You are so Clueless jfc. All it means is that it's BIGGER clubs, with more money. Who will 100% play No matter how bad they are, because of the contract. In champions league, those clubs can lose to lesser known clubs that PLAY BETTER. so Hoooooow would the super League be more competitive than champions league is? "Not have the stress of being relegated" AKA "they can play HOWEVER BAD FOOTBALL QUALITY THEY WANT, because No matter what, they will still get the $$$ because they Signed a contract". And idk why the fuck ur bringing Up Basketball, i already said, idgaf about Basketball, i don't watch it.
2021-04-19 18:05
1 reply
You see that on the dark side, I see it on the bright side. Do you like competitive football? You have to be happy to not see anymore those teams in the Champions League. There's something lookalike in European basketball. The most prestigious cup is a semi-closed cup, 11 permanent teams and 9 one-year licensed teams. If UEFA and FIFA will ban players who play in Super League teams, they have also to ban players who play in MLS. Do you want to go even deeper? FIFA has to cancel 2022 World Cup cause it will be in Qatar. They will also have to cancel the future Club World Cup who will be in China.
2021-04-19 18:22
IF you think this is so Good WHY don't you wanna apply it to CSGO majors as well??? Just have FNATIC, NiP, ASTRALIS, Liquid, Cloud9, G2, Na'Vi, Virtus.Pro etc AKA the biggest teams sign exclusive contract with Valve. That they will 100% participate in the major, No matter what how bad they are. Because they are the biggest teams. No need to qualify, No matter how bad their form is they participate 100%. And then teams like Heroic, Gambit etc that are at a higher level aren't participating cus they didn't get this contract and aren't as big clubs. And some teams like BIG (Bayern) and PSG didn't sign the contract, even though they are better than plenty of teams in the major and they play their own smaller major with worse teams (Champions league). Dont you see how this RUINS it completely? The major is supposed to be a tournament where the winner is the current best of the world. The best of the best wants to win it and participates. And playing in it is EARNED.
1 reply
It was the case for csgo before... Do you remember the time when the top 8 of the previous majors directly go to the main group stage? Most of you disliked it. I don't see it cause it doesn't RUIN as you think and some people sell you today that it will. Read again #64
Plus it will stop the monopoly of the UEFA and create some competition. And based on today's ranking in the national league from UK, Spain & Italy here are the team you could see in CL/EL/ECL. CL: Sevilla FC, Villareal, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Leeds, Atalanta, Napoli, Lazio and AS Roma. EL: Grenada, Levante, Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sassuolo, Hellas Verona, Sampdoria ECL: Celta Vigo, Crystal Palace and Bologna And after few years, cause big teams like Real Madrid, Manchester City/United, Barcelona, Inter Milan are not participating in CL/EL, you will see fewer Spanish, Italian and English teams but more french, Portuguese, or Russian teams due to UEFA national league ranking.
2021-04-19 17:45
3 replies
ucl will be dead if this 15 teams wont join u not getting that
2021-04-19 17:46
2 replies
What are you talking about? lol (no really, I didn't understand this answer)
2021-04-19 18:22
1 reply
At the end of the day, PSG and Bayern will be pressured into joining the ESL when the champions league will inevitably, lose its lore considering that all the big teams will be in it. Domestic leagues will also die because the governing bodies, for example the FA, have said that they will ban any teams competingin the ESL from competing domestically because it only benefits those clubs which are rich, not a small team like burnley or crystal palace? And if they ban the teams, the only thing they will be able to play in will be the ESL, nothing else. Think what that will do to viewership of every domestic league when the biggest clubs in world football aren't competing in it.
2021-04-19 19:48
 | 
Finland Dunu
"You forget to mention they could secure more financing, get more revenue and recruit better players" Yeah, and they do that by running away from a fight, and they don't care about the competitive integrity, they want to get rich, not battle for victory on fair terms with everyone else, which is why this is a disgrace for all of the clubs that joined Super League
2021-04-19 15:52
8 replies
Do you know starting next season, UEFA organize a new cup called Europa Conference League? You are too much oriented on poverty. Think abundance.
2021-04-19 15:55
7 replies
conference league is tier 3 league which is irrelevant to all the big clubs you dont understand the idea behind of the super league it would destroy football's competitiveness and make it money making machine no relegation system? all big 12 teams have guaranteed spot? they would just play formality some point of time and make owners richer
2021-04-19 16:01
6 replies
"conference league is tier 3 league which is irrelevant to all the big clubs" "no relegation system?" Do you have to copy what you wrote one more time? You are unlogical.
2021-04-19 16:17
5 replies
ucl tier 1 europa league tier 2 conference league tier 3 also relegation system makes bad teams punish? so? lets watch arsenal being destroyed every match but still playing in the league and earning 300 mil pounds per year?
2021-04-19 16:22
4 replies
Super League T1 Champions League T1 with some T2 team Europa League T2/T3 with some T1 team Conference League T3/T4 with some T2 team Of course, if they have one bad season but still the revenue to build a better team, you prefer the team relegated to division 2 and decrease even more the revenue so can't compete anymore with big teams for a couple of years? Furthermore, with guaranteed revenue, you can build a strong team with a strong medical and support team to increase the performance of the team. Something tells me you see money as the devil itself.
2021-04-19 16:27
3 replies
if they had one bad season they should be relegated and earn their way back to super league and teams are in division 2 climb super league? this is competitive nature of the game? ok then lets make it wwe? just for entartainment
2021-04-19 16:29
2 replies
They still relegated in their national league... Your definition of competitive is "amateur competitive". Sorry, I can't see you ^^
2021-04-19 16:33
1 reply
But they won't be in their domestic league because their countries governing body have banned them because it creates a monopoly around the clubs which are within the ESL?
2021-04-19 20:00
It's not about competition. UEFA will die and these clubs will become monopolists themselves, which will turn out to be the same corrupted shit, but it will be also boring to watch.
Everybody should boycott fifa and UEFA
2021-04-19 15:31
They will change their mind. Soon they will say ''actually, we think it's a good idea with super league''
2021-04-19 15:32
 | 
Romania hurei
The super league is a disgrace, everyone is disgusted, the reason those big matches like Barca vs Bayern, or Liverpool vs Real Madrid are so exiting is because you get 2 of them in a season, not to mention there is no objective, no qualification to a final tournament like the UCL/UEL, no reason to worry, because there is no relegation, but they don't care, it's a business for them, all the owners of these clubs care about now is filling their pocket with cash, I am a Barca fan and I am disgusted, I am straight up disgusted by my favorite team, Laporta just got elected, the one who was president during the time Barca were unbeatable, Xavi was doing well as a manager, he might have come to the club, it looked like the rebuilding of the team was going well, now they throw this at us, not to mention 3 out of the 4 teams still in the UCL are in the super league, and all players are banned from playing for the national team, this is a disgrace, if you genuinely want the super league to be a thing you either are a business man that can make cash out of it, or you are a fake football fan
2021-04-19 15:39
3 replies
+1 well said. Ashamed to be an Arsenal fan, they might have been shit for years but being a founding member of this disgrace is the straw that broke the camels back for me.
+1 But the confused people here who support this clearly hardly ever watch football... They are just here to bait
2021-04-19 16:23
+1 i don't understand people that can support this shitty idea
 | 
Singapore Am2de
That's BS. FIFA and UEFA are independent bodies. All they care about is money (Qatar is still hosting world cup even after various reports of how many people died). FIFA will probably don't ban them as these 12 teams have some of the best players of world which means less money for FIFA.
2021-04-19 15:59
 | 
Senegal chebyrek
this sounds like fifa and pes two diff. worlds xd
2021-04-19 16:04
Imagine if there are 20 teams and 15 wont get relegated, if the other 5 teams finish in the first 5 positions they will get relegated lol
2021-04-19 16:06
somebody explain everything i haven't followed football in a loooong time
2021-04-19 16:11
16 replies
 | 
Brazil vittj2
jpmorgan will finance the creation of a new league for some pre-chosen teams, there will be no need to be like top 4 in premier league for example, so uefa/fifa reacted ofc. basically money > football itself
- Top EU teams want to follow American league models in order to earn more money on their own. - Federations and Small clubs are mad and against that, because it would mean less (Or even no money) for them. Football fans mostly against it. Personally, I don't care. I think maybe a closed league between 20 of the best European teams would be cool since 95% of their matches against lower teams consist of 80 min of trying to get past 11 players parking the bus (The other 10 min consisting of said team wasting time). But Atletico and Chelsea are included in the mix and they play like that against any team, so... We'll see what happens.
2021-04-19 16:37
14 replies
you clearly don't watch football " I think maybe a closed league between 20 of the best European teams would be cool" what a fucking donut you are
2021-04-19 17:51
13 replies
Actually it would be really cool, you are a fucking moron, in your perception if someone doesn't agree with you he is clearly stupid, when in reality you are lmao.
2021-04-19 18:09
1 reply
20 of the best team spurs and arsenal there and no it wouldn't the reason barca vs liverpool, city vs psg, bayern real are so good is cah they don't happen very often, and when they do, they are bangers
2021-04-19 20:28
+1
2021-04-19 18:24
"What a fucking donut you are" better than be you for sure. I don't just "watch" football, I work in the media of 1 of those 15 clubs that are pushing for the superleague. What I don't watch are sorry ass teams that can't even make 2 passes without gifting the ball. Maybe for people from lesser countries like your flag, it's exciting to have the hope top clubs might come to your country in the CL. But for the fans of those clubs, it's all about the knockout stage and actually playing against another team of equal level. The same goes for league play. Is extremely boring to play 14-17 matches against teams parking the bus. So maybe a league with 20-22 of the best European teams would help to have 38-42 meaningful matches where both teams actually trying to win the match and have entertaining matches instead of the snoozfest 90% of football is right now. Football is so fucking boring and defensive these days that there aren't many upcoming players that are known to be good at dribbling. But right now, whoever is a diehard football fan it's just because they take X club wins as personal achievements. Overall, football is extremely boring because 90% play to not get scored instead of trying to score.
2021-04-19 19:33
9 replies
you're from argentina, you don't have bread to eat let alone work there, pipe down peasant
2021-04-19 20:28
4 replies
"You're from argentina" Expected nothing else from a Bosnia education not being able to know flags lmao. But even if the flag I'm using was actually from Argentina, what the hell is a guy from the sorry ass Balkans speaking about peasants lol. You think just because you're "Europe" average people know you even exist? lol. Hltv, where people from struggling countries try to act big towards other countries. It's extremetly funny to fakeflag in situations like this :)
2021-04-19 21:30
3 replies
even worse, el salvador do you have electricity there??? immigrant
2021-04-19 21:34
2 replies
"Hltv, where people from struggling countries try to act big towards other countries. It's extremely funny to fakeflag in situations like this :)" Likely less than 18 years, from bosnia, speaking about electricity and immigration, lmao. I already told you I work in the media of one of those 15 clubs trying to create the superleague, so no, I'm not from El Salvador. But again, fake flagging it's so funny because it allows me to have a laugh towards people from struggling countries like yours, who get tilted in an argument and try to attack with nationality because they've never afforded to go out of their country and realize that most people think the place is a fake location from a TV Show lmao.
2021-04-19 22:05
Btw: BOSNIA'S GPD IS LOWER THAN EL SALVADOR. YOU'RE FROM A POOREST COUNTRY TRYING TO SPEAK BIG BECAUSE OF HOW UNEDUCATED YOU ARE LMFAO. gyazo.com/2faef1ad02940ede425af47f04b6f2.. gyazo.com/6992034931b48e84838cad19bade71.. Probably one of those kids (And adults) that think his country is something because they're kinda relevant at football, lol
2021-04-19 22:32
"Football is so fucking boring and defensive these days that there aren't many upcoming players that are known to be good at dribbling." do not claim yourself as a football fan please, case closed, you don't watch the sport
2021-04-19 20:29
3 replies
Hey, how about you go watch sarajevo against zjninca or however it's spelled and let the big boys handle big matters?
2021-04-19 21:31
2 replies
"big boys" hltv users are too much i swear
2021-04-19 21:34
1 reply
Says the bosnian speaking about electricity and immigrants, lmao. The point is, none of the teams creating the superleague cares about what a bosnian "football fan" has to say in that regard and how it feels when he won' be able o dream about a team of his country facing one of the tops teams in the sport.
2021-04-19 22:08
 | 
Ukraine Lonkich
ofc monopoly UEFA BAN ALL
2021-04-19 16:12
 | 
Italy NotNew
They won't do shit
2021-04-19 17:44
2 replies
if they ban from wc this league wont happen
1 reply
 | 
Italy NotNew
same threats made before they made the euroleague of basket lol
2021-04-19 17:51
 | 
Senegal chebyrek
all team which are in ESL will not be in FIFA 22 haha
2021-04-19 17:48
they will allow
So 10+ teams want to play more matches in a week. Why can't they participate in both tournaments?
2021-04-19 17:55
1 reply
what?
2021-04-19 20:29
im so hyped to see the Super legue Hala Madrid
2021-04-19 18:12
not happening for sure you really think they gonna ban messi,ronaldo,kane,salah and others lol eurocup and wc would go bankrupt without those players ppl don't want to see u19 level of football at this moment they're just hoping that they will back off
2021-04-19 18:29
that would be punishing the wrong people. awful move
2021-04-19 19:11
 | 
Poland Este
Looks like football's adaptation of Flashpoint XDD
2021-04-19 19:22
ropz | 
Europe xOwen
rip fifa 22
2021-04-19 19:28
OG CS:GO @OGcsgo · 20h Proud to announce we are not part of the SuperLeague. #DreamOG
2021-04-19 22:48
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.