Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Best way to improve aim
 | 
Finland Eestu 
Hello mens)) I wanted to ask you guys what's the best way to train aim in your opinion? I've always felt like I have okay aim, but nothing crazy and I'd like to elevate my aim to a new level.
2021-05-11 22:02
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
crosshair placement maps and dm
2021-05-11 22:04
6 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I play both, but I don't really know how much should I play those to actually see some improvement.
2021-05-11 22:06
5 replies
i suggest you watch videos related to aiming tips and use the maps to practice it. one thing is to learn via experience and this require hundreds of hours in order to to understand what works and what doesn't. another is to try to replicate several methods to find the most suitable for you.
2021-05-11 22:11
4 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I don't think it's because of the lack of hours (4823 hours at the moment) and I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't, although the execution might not be that good. I guess it's more about finding a balanced and efficient way to train and improve without spending 8+ hours a day grinding DM and other aim maps.
2021-05-11 22:12
2 replies
this is why I suggested you watch videos. Finding other prespectives might help you to notice what you need to practice differently. Also, sometimes your aim is NOT the problem (or not the only problem)
2021-05-11 22:15
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
I do watch a lot of CS related content and demos, if that's what you are trying to say at the first part. Also I am aware that it's not only about aim, but I'm already working on those things and I've made several threads about these topics trying to find efficient ways to improve at them (which I've managed to do to some extent). I just often feel like my aim is holding me back. But still I know I have other things to work on as well, but aim is just one topic that I'd like to improve on, hence why I made this thread. :)
2021-05-11 22:31
 | 
Portugal cyn1cal
fuck those videos, they say the same shit all you need to do it just keep playing aim maps and ffa IMO, and obviously you are not going to have a GOD AIM in 2 days, so just keep playing that and gg for you I play a map called aim_beat, but you should download the exec config of that map to play it, it is on its description on workshop
2021-05-12 00:17
cheats
2021-05-11 22:05
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Cheating is not very nice.
2021-05-11 22:06
 | 
Belgium Woke!
aim botz without the z
2021-05-11 22:05
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Spain with the A.
2021-05-11 22:07
1 reply
 | 
United Kingdom Eskimo77
mazepin?
2021-05-11 22:59
+1
2021-05-11 22:50
20-30 min aim_botz(or another map with bots) 1 hours dm with pistols, rifles etc everyday
2021-05-11 22:11
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Might have to give this a try, thanks!
2021-05-11 22:18
watch pro matches and see where players are aiming and how they aim. notice how the crosshair is very rarely just aiming nowhere in particular. practice countless hours of deathmatch, no seriously do this. also work on counter-strafing in deathmatch, it will help you IMMENSELY. practice retakes as well, although retakes has many limitations of course. you'll know your aim is ready when you can reliably one deag multiple people in a row in DM, and/or when your K:D ration in warmup/DM is 2:1. anything beyond that is just a bonus, but 2:1 in DM will take you far combined with gamesense gained from watching pros and playing retakes/matches.
2021-05-11 22:16
8 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
When I play DM I usually try to focus mostly on counter-strafing (and at least according to Leetify my counter-strafes are quite good) and headshots in particular (instead of just panic spraying every time I see an enemy). Felt an obvious improvement when I added those to my DM sessions, but nowadays I rarely see any improvement. And retakes are a bit meh in my opinion, since most people that play those usually play so random and unpredictable. I still hop on those servers from time to time. But as I said in #12, I'm trying to find an efficient and effective way to train my aim, instead of just playing DM for ridiculous amounts everyday. I am willing to put in the hours and effort, but I'd still like to find an efficient way of doing it.
2021-05-11 22:25
7 replies
yeah i understand, the issue IMO is that aim trainers don't utilize movement like CS GO's movement, so in-game you still fuck up your shots because maybe your precision or whatever has gotten a little better w/ aim trainers but they don't train the dynamic that is movement+aiming like DM does. just something to keep in mind. DM has never been beaten in terms of direct correlation to shooting in CS GO, because it is CS GO. some other things you can try in DM to improve your aim include: using pistols when everyone else is using rifles (really forces you to work on evasive movement and precise aim), using a scout when everyone else is using rifles (forces you to aim at the head because one missed shot and you're probably dead), holding angles (yes it may be lame but it's an important part of the game), prefiring (hear footsteps around a corner, so you strafe out+counter-strafe+shooting), and practice shooting while ADADADADing around a corner at far away enemies. if they stay in one spot and try to hit you, you almost always win that fight w/ the deagle. did you know you can take a gun like the m4a4, run around, see an enemy, and you can hit ADADADAD while tapping at the exact right time w/ each change of direction and almost every bullet will be accurate? if you get good at it you can literally "spray" (fast tap) the m4a4 while ADADADing and you can kill the enemy with just a few taps. you can also experiment with stuff like combining tapping and spraying, some work better than others depending on gun and distance, like 2 taps+spray, or short spray+tapping, etc, every combination you can think of, because some actually are better than pure tapping or pure spraying. with creativity there's endless shit you can practice in DM and improve your aim.
2021-05-11 22:41
5 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I actually never thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, it actually makes sense. But I usually still mix it with DM/aim_bots/Yprac or any other map, so I still train my strafing as well. I guess I could also try the things you mentioned at the second part. ^^ And I was aware of that, but I never managed to make it work in-game during pugs (I guess that's something specific I could try to work on then?). But is it not possible to do it with other guns, like the AK? And I usually do short spray+taps, since I noticed Twistzz does this a lot and whenever I managed to do this consistently I usually played well. I still try to practice my pure spray and taps as well, so I don't have to rely on only one way of aiming. But thanks a lot for these comments, they've been really useful. :)
2021-05-11 22:50
4 replies
yeah it's tough because there's no way to get better at aiming "quickly", as in most skills. hours of practice is necessary and there are few shortcuts, if any. also some comments here gave good explanations of crosshair placement in regards to peeking. so when you peek out, generally, you don't want to just wide peek and then adjust your aim if you see an enemy. you basically preaim every spot an enemy may be and make it multiple peeks. so from short on dust2, one jiggle peek you preaim goose, the second you preaim left side of boxes on site, then jiggle while preaiming right side of boxes, etc. if you do one wide peek you can't preaim all those spots at once and you might die unless the enemy sucks and you're faster with your aim. you probably already know this, but i figured i'd say it anyway. good luck, lol.
2021-05-11 23:04
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Very much true, but I am willing to put in the hours. I just want to find an efficient yet effective way of doing it, so I don't waste too much of my time. I noticed that quite many pointed this thing in particular. And I fairly recently started practicing this specifically, after I watched a video about how XANTARES is peeking angles. And thanks again friend, I appreciate this. ^^ Edit: I actually found the video I was talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=_QYUEr5vm00
2021-05-11 23:15
2 replies
yeah it's how niko peeks angles too, it's why he gets so many one taps (also his low sensitivity)
2021-05-11 23:30
1 reply
good video, and you can see how slow and sloppy the peeks are as well as zero crosshair placement on the beginner peek, lol. should always be intentional and have it in the back of your mind about trying to peek in an advantageous way and not just forgetting about that aspect completely. also the points about trying to peek into an enemy when he's moving are also good, i've used that to great effect forever it seems without realizing it was a thing haha.
2021-05-11 23:53
It seems like your taking it while using your brain, theres no best efficient and effective ways for everyone only for yourself. Try feel the flow of it and you can see improvements. As for the technicall stuff.. If you have a brain then its ez.
2021-05-11 22:58
HSDM+normal FFA severs. You have to join the server with the idea of actually destroying your oponents with crosshair placememt and strafing instead of shooting heads without a purpose. What is your elo/rank?
2021-05-11 22:17
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I play on WaSe servers, so it switches from HS only to normal DM every so often. And when I play DM I try to specifically focus on counter-strafing, crosshair placement and headshots instead of panic spraying every time I see someone. I felt a bit improvement when I first did this, but nowadays I feel like the progress is really slow or even non-existent at times. And I'm currently level 5 at 1391 elo, usually hovering around level 5 or 6. You can check my Faceit account here, if that helps at all. faceit.com/en/players/Eestu
2021-05-11 22:35
2 replies
If you feel like you are doing it too much you can take decrease time/take a full break from playing DM or switch to playing aim maps for a while. The best advice anyone will give you to improve at CS (every aspect of the game) is to play against way better oponents. I dont know about WaSe server and the players in their server, but asuming they are shit so you could try to switch to some other servers. BrutalCS servers are filled with semi-pros and high elo players and I believe you could really improve there. Just try to find servers where people shit on you and pracc there. If you have higher elo friends , ask to play pugs with them.
2021-05-11 23:10
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
I actually just started playing less, since I felt like I was playing too much and playing bad because of that. And if you check my past games on Faceit, I usually play with and against better players, so that really helps me improve. And Warmup Server's (WaSe for short) servers are full of talented players and many pros play there, including NiKo, XANTARES, ropz, smooya, huNter- etc... I also played on BrutalCS's servers in the past, but I prefer WaSe's servers in general.
2021-05-11 23:22
 | 
United States lolmens246
csgo hub practice map, a lot of good stuff
2021-05-11 22:19
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
How is the CSGO Hub map different from all the other ones? (aim_botz, Yprac prefire maps etc...) I was planning on trying it, but I didn't really see how it differs from all the other maps.
2021-05-11 22:38
2 replies
 | 
Finland coolman00
imo it's easier to use, it has 3 different modes and they're actually useful like fast aiming, bots strafing and the normal one
2021-05-11 23:23
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
I guess I could download it then. Thanks! :)
2021-05-11 23:26
Dont focus over your aim only the most important thing in CS is your consistency, this can be achieved by grinding DM continiously. As for the basics those are the foundation, your mastery of them means the better your foundation, the faster, deeper your foundation depends on your talent so does your skill ceiling, and now its all depends wether can you apply it in game as much as your skill is and that is your consistency. Conclusion : GRIND AIMBOTZ FIRST THEN DM THEN PUG'S Edit: this is my take on it im happy if i could make it even better
2021-05-11 22:29
2 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
After reading this, I feel like I should probably be more consistent with my warmup and aim training. There are times when i feel really motivated and can easily get 1000+ kills on DM and times when I don't do any practicing for days. I'll give this a go, thanks!
2021-05-11 22:40
1 reply
What i said can go reallly deeeep so your just looking at the shell of it rn
2021-05-11 22:42
i played a lot of aim botz and dm tried aim lab as well (would recommand do play it shortly before a match for like 15-30 min) worked good for me
2021-05-11 22:31
2 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I do all of these as well, some more often than others. How much aim_botz and DM do you play, if you don't mind me asking? And what modes do you play on Aim Lab?
2021-05-11 22:42
1 reply
i did like 1-2k in aim botz (500 or so with deagle) and 30-60 min dm nearly everyday (not both at one day) (dont know exactly how often cuz i dont do it anymore) aim lab: these flicking modes mostly
2021-05-11 23:00
TDM with bots, yprac prefire
2021-05-11 22:39
as much as people praise aim, its actually not even mostly needed when playing. Cs is a game thats much more movement based rather than aim with all the peek types and stuff. So i would say dont worry about your aim and do prefire or Sudoku( to become smarter as a human ) and you can watch pro games aswell, but that wont help you since matchmaking. in summary, you should try to be a smarter player rather than just training aim since you can only improve aim until a certain point, but the human mind has no boundries and is destined to conquer
2021-05-11 22:46
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
I am aware of this and it's another thing that I am trying to work on. :) I've made several threads about improving on the other aspects of the game, but aiming (and the aspects related to aiming) specifically is something I haven't made a thread about before. Even with that being said, I still don't think I'm by no means perfect at these other areas, but rather I'm slowly working on them and gradually getting better and better. And while I've gotten better at those, I've started feeling like my aim is lacking behind.
2021-05-11 23:00
 | 
CIS roye
train your movement instead aim, like jumping and instantly shooting when landing,
2021-05-11 22:48
9 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I feel like my movement is pretty good at least compared to the average, so I doubt that's the biggest problem in this case. And it's also something I am also constantly working on. :) (all the way from KZ skills to in-game counter-strafing and pretty much everything in between) And the last part? I can't really think of any situation where I'd have jump and instantly shoot right after (besides maybe jumping down from B apps on Mirage or heaven on Overpass), since most duels in CS are on stable ground anyway.
2021-05-11 23:06
8 replies
 | 
CIS roye
i dont think you understood the point / meaning, whats your rank and faceit or smth?
2021-05-11 23:07
7 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
If you are talking about combining aiming with movement, then yes I did understand what you meant. A few people already talked about it in this thread. If it was something else you wanted to point out, feel free to let me know. ^^ And I am Supreme in MM (although I don't play MM that much anymore) and usually hover around level 5-6 in Faceit. Already linked my Faceit account at #23, but here it is again: faceit.com/en/players/Eestu
2021-05-11 23:26
6 replies
 | 
CIS roye
ok im gonna watch your demo im annoyed and nothing to do so :D
2021-05-11 23:35
5 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Sure, go for it! I am aware that there are tons of other bigger and smaller mistakes there as well, but I don't mind constructive criticism at all. :)
2021-05-11 23:40
4 replies
 | 
CIS roye
ok i saw demo you not that bad, but you do too many blind shots afraid to take duels your crosshair placement could be much better, you not doing perfect judgement of what to do in some situations you sprayed from a mile away when opponent was barely peeking, i mean really need to work on some judgement sometimes better do good move and die than to do bad move and win some lucky rounds whatever.
2021-05-11 23:49
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Which demo did you watch btw? I might be able to give some analysis as of what was going on BTS, since I usually play with a 5-stack. But yeah I know my crosshair placement could be A LOT better, especially in mid and late round situations. And the spray thing is a bad habit that I haven't been able to get rid of yet. :( I still try to work on these aspects though. :) But thank you, I really appreciate the demo review! ^^
2021-05-11 23:56
2 replies
 | 
CIS roye
some players aim just look better because they force opponents to uncomfartable situations like lets say like using nades so perfecting only aim is dumb, you have ok aim i guess, what i mean by bhoping and shooting was practising small peeks like you jump on corner and peek or is that jump perfect peek already
2021-05-12 00:00
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Oh yeah yeah I get what you mean by the jump peek thing. I recently tried adding that to my gameplay, but I'm only getting started with it, so there's still room for improvement in that regard. And as for the nade thing you mentioned, that's another thing that I am working on. I can acknowledge that I could use my utility better in certain situations, but I also often tend to use them to support my teammates and this results in me not having too much utility for myself to flush out enemies or make them feel uncomfortable.
2021-05-12 00:06
Dm
2021-05-11 22:54
idk how you can train your movement and awereness but those go along way to improving aim. being able to do moving taps or moving bursts is also very important. If you have a good crosshair placement and you know how and when to peek 9/10 its ezy duels
2021-05-11 23:10
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Yes I am aware of that and those are things that I am also trying to work on. I am just asking how I could improve my "raw aim" long term (alongside the other skills required to have good aim). But the timings are one thing that nobody has mentioned here before, but I'll try to keep that in mind in the future!
2021-05-11 23:31
 | 
Europe 2ryu
weekly/monthly aimroutine in kovaak, check out voltaic its a community of all worldclass aimers that offer help. everything in csgo like aimbotz/dm/retake/1v1serv doesnt work, or atleast as much voltaic does.
2021-05-11 23:11
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Does Kovaak differ from Aim Lab in many ways or is Aim Lab okay? Also could you tell me more about this Voltaic thing, just curious. :)
2021-05-11 23:38
visualize yourself winning the aim duel before the fight even happens
2021-05-11 23:12
2 replies
 | 
CIS roye
ye visualise your moves before thats main difference between pros and others
2021-05-11 23:22
 | 
Finland Eestu
Planning and confidence go a long way, good comment. :)
aim lab
2021-05-11 23:28
2 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
What modes in Aim Lab in particular?
2021-05-11 23:40
1 reply
idk brother i've played it for like 2h 😥
2021-05-11 23:47
What worked for me was go 20-30mins DM or set a kill goal, every day as i wake up/before i go to bed. Play without sound to imrprove map awareness and really keeps you thinking. If you struggle with headshots play headshot only or try to just 1 tap and you will get the hang. Just repitition and commiment will get you far.
2021-05-11 23:29
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I think the biggest thing that might be holding me back is the lack of having a set routine. I play CS pretty much everyday, but I still don't have a set routine that I do everyday. Some days I do 1k kills in DM, some days I don't do anything. And as you said, repetition and commitment are important. :)
2021-05-11 23:44
2 replies
Maybe your going a bit overboard sometimes and thats why your not doing anything other days. Keep the routine short and simple, you say you may do 1k kills in dm, make that down to 200 or so but try to do it more regulary. Be pateint with the process, it will work out better in the future.
2021-05-11 23:57
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
That would most likely be better. I'll try to make a simple yet effective routine for myself going forward, thanks! :)
2021-05-12 00:00
there is no secret play some aim_botz, dm, pugs grind every day for years. it works like everything else. you won't magically have better aim the next day or month (unless you are an absolute beginner)
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I know it doesn't magically happen overnight, but I am just trying to find ways to improve my raw aim long term. But as you said, daily grinding will probably help me achieve that. So thanks again harald_from_sweden, you usually come here and give good pieces of advice. :)
2021-05-11 23:46
2 replies
yeah, the thing is most people play too much dm, because they dont see results after few weeks. its wasted time, dont expect significant improvements within weeks or months. every 3-6 months you should be able to tell that you improved.
2021-05-12 00:09
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Good point. And now that I actually think about how I played 6 months ago, I could easily point out signs of improvement. (so I guess I'm on the right path?) I'll keep this in mind moving forward, thanks again! :)
2021-05-12 00:09
2021-05-11 23:45
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Mens(( Cheating not very nice.
2021-05-11 23:47
try some 1v1 maps or aimbotz
2021-05-11 23:45
NAF | 
Canada Dubsyy
learn crosshair placement and deathmatch on maps you play. I've seen my hs% increase a ton since I've started playing more DM and learning better crosshair placement. went from faceit l3 to l6 in like 2 weeks
2021-05-11 23:48
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
Already do those, but thanks anyway friend! ^^
2021-05-11 23:53
 | 
Netherlands BigBoyTies
When I had troubles with my aim, I did 2 things. 1. Play Aimlab or KovaaK, the latter is better. 2. Actively think about your aim. Previously, I wasn't really thinking about it. I just autopiloted aim and was thinking about the rest. Now I think more about what I am shooting, in what way, and where my bullets go and are supposed to go. Helped me so much!
2021-05-11 23:52
3 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Another user also mentioned KovaaK and I was wondering is there a bit difference between it and Aim Lab? I use Aim Lab from time to time, but I've heard more good things about KovaaK. And I could try the 2nd thing you mentioned. I am usually the one calling in my 5-stack though, so I often have to focus on that as well, which might make me lose focus on my crosshair though. Still worth giving this a shot though! :)
2021-05-12 00:08
2 replies
 | 
Netherlands BigBoyTies
So, it was pointed out yesterday that Aimlabs is just a data collection tool to get the info for yourself on where to improve. KovaaK on the other hand is a much more dynamic training tool which is simply better because it offers more challenges and trains you better. That second part, ooh boy. I call in my 5 stack as well and it's pretty fucking hard to focus on both. It takes a lot of practice but even if you actively think about it while practicing aim in KovaaK/Aimlabs and DM, your muscle memory should be able to retain some of it. And you'll get into the habit of doing it when you don't need to call that often. Let me know if you want more tips or if this works out! :)
2021-05-12 01:38
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
I think I'll look more into KovaaK then, seems really good. :) Hahahah then you know the feeling. :D The best part is that my 5-stack has recently wanted to play Nuke a lot and since it's such a call heavy map, it's been really draining from time to time and my individual form there has been quite poor. I guess just talking and playing at the same time should help with this though. And I think this was enough, but I'll drop you a message if I need more help, thanks a lot man!
2021-05-12 01:46
1 reply
 | 
Finland Eestu
My Albanian friend always willing to help, thanks a lot again AK47_Is_Albania_Country_God! ^^
2021-05-12 00:10
Just copy paste Xantares's settings and play dm for 5 years everyday
2021-05-12 02:10
ISSAA | 
Palestine 3BooD
Aim_beat check a channel called HaiX there is video best aim map or something like that I tried it and it's great watch the video tell the end.
2021-05-12 02:19
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.