Thread has been deleted
Last comment
rate beat 2
 | 
Germany Reichskartoffel 
youtube.com/watch?v=t_mqdx5xdRU&ab_chann.. okay guys some of you saw my first beat and i tried to take some of the critique in thats my second attempt right there if you dont have much time, the "drop" is at 1:15 or so let me know your opinions the old thread: hltv.org/forums/threads/2472229/rate-bea..
2021-06-11 12:37
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
I like the first one more. It seems like it’s sometimes out of sync but you probably created it this way on purpose :D
2021-06-11 13:03
2 replies
yeah that was on purpose and a very experimental approach :D
2021-06-11 13:10
yeah something feels like its out of sync I are agree
2021-06-11 13:10
 | 
Finland Artsa
sounds like a church song
2021-06-11 13:08
3 replies
how many times have you heard a church song tho
2021-06-11 13:11
1 reply
 | 
Finland Artsa
maybe 60 times
2021-06-11 13:13
+1
2021-06-11 13:38
 | 
United States xcalibot
I dont know but it really sounds generic for me. Like a typical beat on a soundclound rapper. try to replace the "TUN TUN TUN" cause its like out of place lol.
2021-06-11 13:13
2 replies
what do you mean by the "TUN TUN TUN"? the trombone on top?
2021-06-11 13:18
1 reply
 | 
United States xcalibot
Yep the trombone
2021-06-11 13:23
oh well guess its time for my second long text :D uhm lets start with the honest truth: I think this song had more potential than the first, just because the synth sound is way more pleasent than the thing i called "flute" in the last one. The drum kit sound still isnt my thing but as you told me you couldnt feature my criticism yet. But for me personally this song is all over the place. I dont know the different parts dont fit together, the drums are not fitting the synth sound. To me right now it sounds like a timing issue, i feel like especially the snare does not really go hand in hand with the synth. Feels like 2 different songs to me. Maybe you wanted it like that and its just me though. Something I could have added with your last one aswell: I rly dont like the the bass continuing during the whole song. it makes it super boring. Get some breaks in, make the bass appear and dissappear depending on what else is going on. It looks like you base the bass only on the melody or synth in this case. Of course note-whise that is important but try to focus on the bass fitting to the drums aswell. With the drums btw, sometimes doing less is better, i feel like the hi hat is a bit overused. now some posivite impressions: really good that you at least added another part in with the drop. even tho there could and imo should be more going on there. you changed the notes which is an interesting idea, but i feel like you could have made some changes to the drums or added some new sound. Also having more notes before the drop than after it in your synth made it weird. should be the other way round since you want your drop to be the main exciting part. Still good progress here, keep experimenting. I still think its decent for a beginner, your melody was really similar to the last one though. I know its hard but for the next one maybe try and get a completely different melody idea, it can help improving the overall creativity sometimes. Keep experimenting, keep having fun, and keep enjoying music :D i am excited for the next one <3
2021-06-11 13:26
1 reply
thanks man ill definetely will try harder on the third one which is already in work :D i think i heard enough for my first two and i have feeling the third one will be a lot better
2021-06-11 18:07
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.