Thread has been deleted
Last comment
rap fans come here
 | 
Ukraine NAVI_WILL_WIN_MAJOR_PGL 
Do you like mumble rap? why do you like this style? beat? ostentation? In my personal opinion the style is very different, without lyrical sense but with positive rhythms and beats. (other than emo rap). Some artists are good in this style like Lil Uzi Vert, PlayboyCarti, Pi'erre Bourne, YoungThug, Lil Skies. Mumble rap in general is good for the health of rap or it worsens its sense as a music style and life as a hip hop? What do you think? (Comments trolls will not be replicated)
2021-06-20 12:15
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
how do you understand if a comment is troll or serious
2021-06-20 12:17
7 replies
Bait, hate and some comments without sense.
2021-06-20 12:19
5 replies
"without sense" is without sense. what if comments make sense for the person who made the comment?
2021-06-20 12:20
4 replies
You know who is trolling or making a good comment.
2021-06-20 12:22
3 replies
yeah but how tho, this question also applies to admins, how do they understand if a comment is troll? what if the person is dead serious? open to manipulation, if you ask me
2021-06-20 12:23
2 replies
By the perception of the phrase and the meaning that the sender wants to convey. When you read a comment, you understand who is serious or joking. imo this it.
2021-06-20 12:27
1 reply
"When you read a comment, you understand who is serious or joking. imo this it." yeah but how!
2021-06-20 12:28
I have evolved a biological troll radar after spending so much time here
2021-06-20 12:19
mumble rap is shit, It's always the same lyrics, always the same prods, at the limit I could listen to some sounds without problem but over time it is very boring
2021-06-20 12:20
Used to like it, but now I don't, because all this shit started to sound same to me It depends of what you're consider as mumble rap tho
2021-06-20 12:24
5 replies
Exactly, a lot of people think they're listening to mumble but it's just an ego trip with a beat trap. Mumble is so hated because of its themes like drugs, jewelry, women but the older ones also talked about it.
2021-06-20 12:39
4 replies
I don't really care about themes, I mean, in terms of music it started to sound same to me.
2021-06-20 12:44
3 replies
I mean, if you listen rap the themes are important, if you don't pay attention to the themes you just listen because you do but is your taste, i know it.
2021-06-20 12:56
2 replies
Nah, not at all I listen to some hip-hop which is different to mainstream and hyperpop/glitch I still listen a couple of guys who you called "mumble rappers", like Gunna or Travis I can just link you my playlist if you want
2021-06-20 12:55
1 reply
Yes you can send. In my opinion there are many rappers who don't have the same hate as others, because if you look at the lyrics it's almost the same and they are hated for their ostentation.
2021-06-20 13:00
I don't have any bias towards OR against Rap or specifically mumble rap but it has no appeal to me. I listen to a lot of Rap but it tends to be lyrically driven. I find the mumble rap style... annoying. Like, I like their beats but that's about it. If I want to listen to that I hit a Trap playlist, not mumble rap. Imo mumble rap just being associated with rap dilutes the greatness of modern lyrical artists like Kendrick. But all of this is just my opinion. You have a right to disagree.
2021-06-20 12:23
1 reply
#29 What do you think?
2021-06-20 13:35
f0rest | 
Sweden piCt
Im not a huge rap fan, but i do enjoy some rap hip/hop. However, this muble rap thing is about the silliest, most cringeworthy peaces of crap i have ever heard. My honest guess is that it will be laughed at in a decade or two - like some of the worst pop from the 80´s to early 90´s. Its the kind of music that has no useful purpose, and when it first came out i honestly thought it was just a joke. I can apprecciate music from most genres, but mumble rap and early 90´s eurodisco just makes my ears and brain bleed - and when it is forced upon me i feel like i am getting dumber by every second listening. Seriously, if you enjoy that shit: plz use headphones.
2021-06-20 12:26
5 replies
I like and dislike at the same time. I just wanted to know some opinions about the style and why it's so hated because there are artists who are good at what they do. Because there are people who listen for example Travis Scott, some songs are mumble and then hate other artists who do the same but in another way and criticize.
2021-06-20 12:53
4 replies
Their problem imo was associating themselfs with rap, then trying to distance themselfs bcuz they don't have the talent or the will to compete (and rap game is a competition) If from the begginging they distanced themselfs as much as possible from hip hop/rap scene they would find their target audience and not be hated half as much. But they did the opposite, calling out real hiphop artists, and flossing on oldheads and after not being able to follow up or give any resposne through their "art"
2021-06-20 13:04
3 replies
Well, that's a good point of view, but I consider the mumble rap associated with hip hop, they rhyme with a beat. And it's also an art but in another way because you see this comparison, in painting, you see pictures painted in detail, all very beautiful and done in detail and then you see simple ones with just lines, scratches and defective things and it's considered "art". I don't know if you understand my reasoning.
2021-06-20 13:34
2 replies
Sry to say but no matter how i paint no one is gonna consider my scribles art. Its the same with mumble, their RAP is not close or near being a art form. You wanna argue their their music is art just like other music genres are art, i'm ok with that, bcuz imo art is smt that touches another human being and makes him feel some type of way (so yeah it can be considered art if you are touched and moved by it) But its not the same and shouldn't be put in the same category, cuz then people compare it to rap and it is so so bad compared to other genres within rap. And mumble artitsts know that now and that's why they try to distance themselfs as much as possible form rap game nowadays, making their own lane and their own "art" Wasn't like this in the beggining when they tought they could take over the game (thats why so many rapper dissed those artists)
2021-06-20 13:40
1 reply
Your scribbles are not art because you are not a known person. You are Portuguese, imagine Ronaldo painting a picture, how much it would be worth and consider art :D there are lots of artists with simple works only with risks and shapes and they are worth millions just because they are famous. You may not agree or not, but mumble is a sub genre of rap whether you like it or not, they are in the same music industry.
2021-06-20 15:27
ok
2021-06-20 12:26
 | 
Croatia the_zlatk0
i dont like mumble rap. i like oldschool guys.
2021-06-20 12:29
4 replies
Yes but a lot of old school had the same theme just changed the beat like gangsta rap.
2021-06-20 12:41
3 replies
 | 
Croatia the_zlatk0
yes
2021-06-20 13:40
2 replies
So you listen rap just to hear the beat, right?
2021-06-20 15:31
1 reply
 | 
Croatia the_zlatk0
kinda
2021-06-20 16:49
 | 
Finland Eestu
Not really my cup of tea, but in my opinion everyone is free to like and listen to whatever they want to. No need to judge someone for their music taste. For me personally the reason I don't like mumble rap is that it usually lacks good lyrics and production. It just simply doesn't sound very pleasant to my ear if the lyrics and/or production aren't good.
2021-06-20 12:29
7 replies
In my opinion the productions are good and better than the obvious lyric but there is good and bad mumble rap , people just don't know how to distinguish it.
2021-06-20 13:04
6 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Could be that as well, I obviously haven't dwelled that deep into the genre and I am not the most familiar with it. From my own experiences though the production and especially the lyrics are lacking behind quite a lot compared to most of the other stuff that I like listening to.
2021-06-20 13:24
5 replies
It depends on the opinion of each one of course.
2021-06-20 13:37
4 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
Indeed! That's why I think it's hard for someone like me to judge the genre, since I don't really listen to it in the first place.
2021-06-20 13:43
3 replies
You have to listen to some artists to see if you like it or not, it's good to open up new horizons as a musical style.
2021-06-20 15:33
2 replies
 | 
Finland Eestu
I agree and I've been actually trying to get into new genres recently. Got into metal about 6-7 months ago and more recently I've been trying to get into normal rap. Not really sure what I'll listen to next, but I am sure I'll find something.
2021-06-20 15:35
1 reply
Metal was never curious to hear it, but I know it has a large target audience. I've always listened to rap and a little bit of rnb but about 2 years ago I started listening to indie rock/alternative rock influenced by friends and it's pretty good.
2021-06-20 15:38
Only listen to FACE so can’t really tell.
2021-06-20 12:51
1 reply
What is FACE? A rapper?
2021-06-20 15:31
modern rap is cringe shit for kids, except for a couple of guys. if you respect yourself don't listen to it, better pop hiphop classics.
2021-06-20 12:58
1 reply
modern rap is a good word actually. I like all kinds of raps except the ones that I think are bad in every way.
2021-06-20 15:29
its different from rap, it dopesnt uphold the standards of the craft so for me its smt different from rap. Dosn't mean it doesn't have its value (i don't give it much if any)
2021-06-20 13:00
No mumble rap is an insult to rap. Tupac turns in his grave everytime anyone with a name starting with lil makes a song
2021-06-20 16:59
 | 
Indonesia CrozTK
hey,, zoomer rap fan here yes i listen to "mumble rap",, mumble rap is quite an outdated term i dont focus on lyrics i just vibe,, if the beat is good & the artist compliment it well then i listen to it idrc about the flexing, violence & those other stuff but it makes me feel hype i think "mumble rap" is good for the rap game because it makes it more diverse (even tho some people hate it) my fav rappers are playboi carti, lil uzi, juice wrld, lil nas x
2021-06-20 16:59
1 reply
It's a good point of view, it diversifies the style and makes it more competitive and comprehensive. If you like these artists please check this artist: Pi'erre Bourne. Underrated af, he raps, he produce so well, many sounds of these artists are produced by him, vibes))
2021-06-20 21:41
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.