Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Brazilians come here
Other JimC 
My father's friend visited both my country's capital and Brazil's capital and said that Brazil in terms of their city was far more developed in terms of infrastructure in comparison to my country's capital city. Now, my country has also sections of extreme poverty similar to the "favela" although I can't make the comparison because I've never been to Brazil in the first place. But out of genuine curiosity can you guys actually explain how bad is the Favela in Brazil relative to other 3rd world countries that have similar extreme poverties like mine? Is Brazil where one part is very rich and wealthy and the other parts are extremely poor? Cheers guys!
2021-09-20 17:14
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Okay, you should look at places in the south of "São Paulo", or southern states aka Paraná, Santa Catarina or Rio Grande do Sul.
2021-09-20 17:18
24 replies
What am I supposed to expect from these places that you mentioned above? Rich or poor? (I've never been to Brazil so bear with me) (Looking at the pictures on Google it seems to me the names you've mentioned are very wealthy places.)
2021-09-20 17:21
20 replies
Well, there are extremely rich places and other poor ones... I would recommend you in the South of São Paulo or Parana. in São Paulo look at theese places : Santana de Parnaíba - Alphaville, São Caetano do Sul (highest HDI in the country) and Santo André. In Parana look at theese places : Maringá, Londrina and Curitiba.
2021-09-20 17:31
19 replies
Is #9 true? Some parts as you've mentioned above are like EU level type of luxury? If so, I didn't expect that, now I understand why my father's friend would say your guys capital and rich areas are far better than our rich areas. Damn bro
2021-09-20 17:26
18 replies
17 replies
Holy, what in the world??!!??!?! If I saw those pictures I would think that's in Europe and not in Brazil. Now I understand why my father's friend would say Brazil's capital and the rich concentrated areas are very bloody developed in terms of infrastructure and it looks far more cleaner than my country rich areas sometimes XD
2021-09-20 17:32
16 replies
Well, Brazil had a great European immigration, they built it.
2021-09-20 17:33
15 replies
Yes, but is this infrastructure built because of the wealth people or because of the government spending on these concentrated areas? Because in my country where the very clean places are because the place has been bought out by companies and they clean it up and create a proper community. How is it done in Brazil?
2021-09-20 17:35
14 replies
surely these places were not made because of the government... my grandfather was a Italian, and he said that when he got here he was well received, but the place was not clean... and people were "lazy" of course not generalizing..
2021-09-20 17:39
1 reply
Oh, I see But why would the government just solely invest in one place in terms of infrastructure? Do you know? Must be rich people contributing as well, because in my country the place where it's really clean is where the private company have real control and they tried to make a clean community.
2021-09-20 17:42
It's very interesting in southern Brazil if you go to more rural areas you find A LOT of small communities that many generations after immigration still learn or mostly speak german/polish/italian/etc, have traditional costumes and parties and learn how to pray in those languages
2021-09-20 18:02
11 replies
in the south there are people who speak Italian ?... I thought it was just German... São Paulo received 70% of Italian immigrants, mainly in the interior/south... but no one speaks Italian here (I believe).
2021-09-20 18:08
10 replies
bemparana.com.br/noticia/o-parana-abraca.. I'm not 100% sure about italian, I said it because I know there are a lot of italian people and cities here, but I've seen comunities where they speak polish, ukranian, german
2021-09-20 18:13
7 replies
Paraná é muito top ! você é Paranaense ?
2021-09-20 18:20
6 replies
yes my friend my grandfather was supposed to know japanese if Vargas hadn't prohibitten non-portuguese languages of being teached during that time, that's why he didn't even have the japanese last name on the birth certificate. People in small cities that spoke german or polish teached it in disguise so the government wouldn't come for them
2021-09-20 18:22
5 replies
Eu sou Paulista, nascido em Itararé, São Paulo.. na divasa com Paraná.. cidade maravilhosa, o verdadeiro nasceu aqui a proposito!.. meu sonho conhecer Paraná, minha familia por parte de mãe é de lá !
2021-09-20 18:27
4 replies
I wish I knew more parts of Brazil, the only states I visited were SC and RS, but São Paulo looks like it has some really cool rural areas, is that true? SP já fez mais que o necessário de contribuição pro Brasil só por fazer o Fallenzão kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
2021-09-20 18:27
1 reply
the rural places are only in the interior, well I don't know much about the capital.. there is a mess that's all I know hahaha.. But it's very nice to see that you have Japanese blood, surely you should know about the Japanese immigration had in São Paulo. No paraná também tem o nosso liminha 😎 KKKKK.. paraná é foda mano, antes mesmo de eu saber que tinha familia no Paraná.. eu já achava Paraná melhor estado do Sul, sérião..
2021-09-20 18:44
If you go to Curitiba stop at the Parque Barigui to take a look at the capybaras, it's my favorite park here, really chill place
2021-09-20 18:29
1 reply
Curitiba is definitely one of the main places I intend to visit.
2021-09-20 18:47
Yes. There are people who speak polish, italian, ukrainian, german, japanese….. Not everyone but you can find a few
2021-09-20 18:46
1 reply
Really amazing !
2021-09-20 18:50
all states have favelas
1 reply
I didn't say there wasn't.
2021-09-20 17:27
btt | 
Estonia atuliba
yes
2021-09-20 17:39
You already know the answer Some areas and peoples in the cities have a good quality of life (like some EU contries)
2021-09-20 17:22
5 replies
I genuinely don't know the answer. That's why am asking. Really? some cities have such good quality of life like EU countries? Damn bro EDIT: Didn't expect that from Brazil, even from where I am from the very rich part isn't up until like EU Country level luxurious life style.
2021-09-20 17:24
4 replies
 | 
Brazil kantikz
I would say, at least about 30% of the cities have a good quality of life, but most of the other cities have average quality of life, I would considered just a small portion of cities to be bad (5%). In the downtown of the big cities is REALLY good. Like, better then EU and NA cities. Rio, Sao Paulo and Florianópolis have some amazing downtowns.
3 replies
+1 Wow, damn
2021-09-20 17:27
1 reply
 | 
Brazil kantikz
look for campinas, sao jose dos campos, taubaté, ribeirao preto, cuiaba, itajuba those cities are the average quality of life, most cities are like that of course there are rich places where the quality of life is way higher, even compared to average EU cities like: jardins on sao paulo, balneario camboriu, rio de janeiro downtown, florianopolis, joao pessoa, belo horizonte and there is a small quantity but there are really bad places, most are in the outside of big cities, people that couldnt get jobs in their cities move to this places where quality of life is shit, but since is closer to jobs its all they can have. Most people that live in the favelas could pay to live in mosts of the "average quality" cities, but since its harder to get a job they have to live in the favelas
2021-09-20 17:34
thank for answer
2021-09-24 12:02
Are you from Moscow?
2021-09-20 17:22
7 replies
No, I live in the moon. Our capital is called: fi3krifu Many people in poverty here.
6 replies
nt belarus
5 replies
HAHAHHA I live in the moon XD
4 replies
moon-sur-elle, france ?
2021-09-20 17:40
1 reply
There are five big cities in the moon: Astralis, Liquid, Vitality, G2 & Atlantis. I live in Atlantis
2021-09-20 17:43
Nice fakeflag
2021-09-20 17:52
1 reply
Lmao
2021-09-20 17:59
 | 
Brazil kantikz
Actually, just a small portion of people live in the favelas, about 3% of the population. Of course there are poor places and rich places, but in my opinion the infrastructure is pretty good in most cities, there are places which have less work and places that have more details and all that. But to be honest, is not as bad. Most places are pretty good and infrastructure-wise, 70%+ of the countries have a good infrastructure and everything. While the places where it truly is Favela (mainly and only in big cities, most cities dont have favelas 95%+) its yeah, pretty bad, no infrastructure, no government, its really bad. People just live there because of the jobs, since is closer to big cities, because the price of living in the favela compared to living in a small city, is pretty similar, but since small cities dont have jobs, they have to live in those shit conditions.
8 replies
3% looking over at Google it says about 25% of the population live in the Favela. Do tell me if am wrong, and what I am seeing on Google is inaccurate.
2021-09-20 17:28
7 replies
 | 
Brazil kantikz
its about 5M, since our population is about 200M its 2.5%-, I dont know where you got this information from, tho. This is my source: a trusted news and a government source. valor.globo.com/brasil/noticia/2020/05/1.. btw here you can see: about 13% of cities have favela, a bit more than I'd said to you in my comments, but its a small quantity considering all. People have the tendency to think Brazil is a place where everywhere is favela, but forget that we are an emergent country and our quality of life is improving in the last 30 years. edit: Im looking more now and it looks like there is not an absolute value, but the average from what I've looked is about 4-6% of the population, most of them in the northern west part of the country.
 | 
Brazil JoaoGNR
Hooolly this absolutely wrong.
1 reply
 | 
Brazil kantikz
What do you think is wrong?
I know probably 2 people that lives in favelas, and I reside in one of the poorest regions in the country lol
2021-09-21 02:21
3 replies
So, is the statistic wrong?
2021-09-21 02:40
2 replies
It's around 2.5-3% of the population, so 3 in 100 people.
2021-09-21 02:42
1 reply
Really? Damn
2021-09-21 02:43
 | 
Brazil buliolfc
"But out of genuine curiosity can you guys actually explain how bad is the Favela in Brazil relative to other 3rd world countries that have similar extreme poverties like mine?" It depends on the state tbh. But there's a misconception about the favelas being a place where everybody it's a criminal, a drug abuser, whatever that is. Surely it's not like that, it's waaaaay more about people who just don't have the right opportunities in their life, but they are honest and hard-working people nevertheless. "Is Brazil where one part is very rich and wealthy and the other parts are extremely poor?" I'd say there's a big social inequality if you compare some areas of the country, especially those from the Southeast relative to the Northern regions. But it's not exactly like Middle East or Arabic Countries too. It's a fucked up country, to be honest, but there's some misconceptions as well.
2021-09-20 17:25
1 reply
 | 
Brazil kantikz
+1 explained really well, I would say most of cities are great but the small parts that are bad are really bad. people that live in the favelas could easily live in a better place in a small city, but they have to live there because of the jobs that big cities have
Yeah, Brazil is an extremely segregated country, especially the capitals; generally the peripheries are the poorest regions and where you find the favelas while in the centers you find the greatest concentrations of wealth. There are regions of São Paulo that have an HDI of European countries and regions that have HDIs of African countries urbit.com.br/mapa/idh-sp#step-4 In this map you can check those HDIs; for images u can search "Pinheiros - São Paulo" or "Jardins - São Paulo" to check the richest places and places like "Ribeirão Pires" or "Brasilândia - São Paulo" to check the poorest! Favelas are a reality but they aren't actually what you most find on the cities; Rio de Janeiro has the biggest concentration of it but it's not what people from other countries think at all
4 replies
 | 
Brazil kantikz
+1, most of places in brazil is really good, of course in the big cities there are some really bad places since most of the jobs are in the big cities and people live there in bad conditions because of this.
2021-09-20 17:29
Ye, I looked at the pictures and I was so surprised given how developed the wealthy places look. Even in my country where the rich concentration lies, the infrastructure isn't that good. How is this the case though? Is it because the government just focuses on these rich areas or are the rich people investing in their own cities? Because my country in some areas where the areas are bought out by very large companies develop it really well. Is that the same with Brazil? Or is it because of government spending concentrated in those areas?
2021-09-20 17:30
2 replies
Some of the riches places became rich cuz the government made investments, like West Side (Zone) of São Paulo in general, which got a lot of investments like subways and etc in the 70's and the real estate interest got bigger at that region but nowadays it's pretty much government and the private iniative (like thos big companies you say) starts investing on the richest places. Sometimes a more popular based mayor is elected and focus more on the poor regions but this isn't the general reality of São Paulo!
2021-09-20 17:36
1 reply
Oh I see what you mean. Thanks for the info!
2021-09-20 17:37
 | 
Brazil fulano56
yea
 | 
Brazil itmdw
States in north/northeast usually are poorest, in south/southeast were located the richest states. Favelas also differs a lot from each others, there are some favelas that arent that bad but that are others really bad
1 reply
true
2021-09-20 17:30
I live in the capital and yes theres extreme differences between the poor and the rich, its a shame
2021-09-20 17:32
 | 
Brazil _Awper
In terms of quality of life, let's say Brazil is 15% Western European, 30% Eastern European, 40% Average South American, 10% Really Poor, 5% Warzone. Basically like this, Brazil is the size of Europe and has 200 million people, diverse country, etc; Some cities feel like Norway and some cities feel like Guatemala. You just need to know where to go.
2021-09-20 17:35
5 replies
 | 
Brazil _Awper
Also, what you know as "Favelas" is heavily concentrated in Rio de Janeiro and make only 3% of our population.
4 replies
Oh ok
2021-09-20 17:44
 | 
Brazil kantikz
tbh, most of people that live in the favelas are from rio, but the biggest concentration of favelas are in the north. 50% the people who live in manaus live in favelas.
2021-09-20 17:49
2 replies
 | 
Brazil _Awper
Sim, mas por isso eu disse o que ele conhece como favelas, que são as do Rio de Janeiro, casas empilhadas nos morros, etc.
2021-09-20 17:56
1 reply
 | 
Brazil kantikz
ahhh faz sentido
2021-09-20 17:57
 | 
Brazil mrlhw123
Only have favelas in big cities. Inequality in these cities is very clear, principally in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, if you have a lot of money, living there is just amazing, but the situation in favelas is deeper than just poverty. Exists a lot prejudice against people who lives there and people and kids are forced to believe that them WONT have a better financial life in the future even with study or believe being blamed for other person be racist against them, who makes they go to drug trafficking or steal, because is the only choice of they have . About financial terms, the most inequality is in regions of the country. I live in the south of Brazil and almost all region have a good infrastructure and almost of the people have a decent life, and because the same situation and denial does not exist (except if you are black, the South is a very racist region) we have opportunities and incentives to grow in our personal life. are the regions that concentration of poverty of the country, and unfortunately are the regions who receive less attention :(. But the beauty part, is a lot of people in these conditions got out and get rich with art, and the culture in those place is just lovely. I said more than you asked, but I hope you get it.
2021-09-20 17:37
12 replies
I have one question regarding the situation. How do these rich places have such great infrastructure and beauty? Is it because of government investment in infrastructure concentrating in these places or is it because of wealthy people just investing and making it better? Or maybe a bit of both?
2021-09-20 17:38
1 reply
 | 
Brazil mrlhw123
Theres a historical thing envolved in this too. Favelas in the Rio is a consequence of a reformulation in the city, who pushed to borders of the city people who lived in places that they not owned becuse they not had money to buy one, and they families continued there because the prejudice and deny of poor people. since our colonization black and poor people was explored, and the favelas born because is the place who that people lives. In resume is this, historicals questions and denyment make a situation almost irrevesible and the rich people get richer over them.
2021-09-20 17:55
but racism is much easier to happen in São Paulo than in the South if you stop to notice, this is remarkable when northeasterners come to São Paulo.
2021-09-20 17:42
9 replies
How is it racism though? Isn't it dealing with the same race? Like everyone is Brazilian no?
8 replies
 | 
Brazil kantikz
yes and no, racism here is less explicit comparing to other countries, but workers and poor people are not racist, they see each other as same, but when youre looking to rich places and people, racism is really more present. As he said too, the souther you go, the racist it is.
2021-09-20 17:50
1 reply
if you go for cases, surely São Paulo... many Northeasterners relate this.
São Paulo has 44 million's habitants, of these 44 million. 30M are white, mostly with Italian descent (For example FalleN), in the south German ancestry is predominant (I believe) thing like 80/90% whites. North & Northeast are mostly mixed brown and black (Portuguese & African ppl)... every day is It's normal to see a northeaster complaining about this (racism), when they come to São Paulo in looking to work... unless you come to live in poor places (favelas).
2021-09-20 17:53
 | 
Brazil mrlhw123
It is one of the most impossible thing to understand here. Some people just for have a european surname and the skin a little clear think being a untouchable god. Btw exists some expressions like "Latinazi" who resume this.
2021-09-20 17:54
4 replies
Oh, so because they have European decent they become racist to people that have darker skin? Is that what you're saying?
2021-09-20 17:58
3 replies
 | 
Brazil mrlhw123
exactly this. just shaming
2 replies
Bruh
1 reply
is the type of person who suffers when he goes to Europe, and cries for being South American... absolutely shame, I'm proud for not being like that.
2021-09-20 18:08
honda | 
Brazil kindo
Brasilia (the capital) is a different world compared to the rest of Brazil. People that live in main Brasilia have a great quality of life, but close cities like Ceilandia are pretty dangerous and have a lot of poverty.
2021-09-20 17:50
4 replies
Brasilia is one ugly ass place
2021-09-20 18:06
3 replies
honda | 
Brazil kindo
no it's not. Brasilia is considered a UNESCO historic patrimony bc of its modern architecture. If you think Brasilia is gly than the whole country is a ugly ass place bc Brasilia architecturewise is more beautiful than 90% of the cities here
2021-09-20 18:09
1 reply
modern architecture ----> trash The whole place is designed to appear bigger so when people protest there the crowds look much smaller. There ain't no way you're gonna tell me o Palacio do Planalto and os Ministerios are ''beautiful''
2021-09-20 18:11
Brasilia basically sucks all our money (South and Southeast).
2021-09-20 18:10
Yes, is like that in every big city. I lived 18 years in Rio de Janeiro, city that is known for favelas. There are places in Rio where the quality of life is really good and places that it is really bad. For instance, the South portion of Rio (Ipanema, Copacabana, Leblon) and Barra da Tijuca are really good (and expensive) places to live. You have mentioned our capital (Brasilia). Brasilia is in the middle of the country and was built for the governmant in 1950, so its mainly inhabited by people that work for the governmant. Politicians earns a huge load of money (much more than needed), so you can mostly see mansions in Brasilia (even tho there are poor parts, but kinda far from the rich neighbourhood).
2021-09-20 17:51
1 reply
+1 Thanks for the info
2021-09-21 02:00
Kinda. Most big cities like SP and Rio are pretty much 1st world in their wealthier regions but are still pretty poor around the outskirts, brazil is also a pretty unequal country But for the country as a whole, the south/southeast is a lot more developed than the north and northeast regions, where you'll also find the most violence and etc
1 reply
 | 
Brazil kantikz
its slowly changing this, the north-eastern are turning into the best cities to live, joao pessoa and natal are an example of this, education there is also the best in the country
COME TO BRAZIL Check this out: google.com/search?q=len%C3%A7%C3%B3is+ma..
3 replies
fucking Poggers That's some Interstellar type of place
2021-09-20 18:23
1 reply
Lmao
2021-09-21 02:00
#83 Lmao I thought you were gonna show me pictures of space or something. But damn, that looks really cool!
2021-09-21 01:57
Brazil is probably one of the countries with the most inequality. There are neighbourhoods in the major cities such as São Paulo and Rio that have the same HDI as the best countries in the world (Moema, Itaim Bibi, Gávea, Leblon etc.), while in the same cities there are people that need to work multiple jobs just to survive. This (ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/640/cpsprodpb/DA48..) is an image of the Morumbi neighbourhood in São Paulo, where a luxury apartment complex borders the slums.
2021-09-20 18:37
This is from the place i live, Santos SP, its a really good place to live encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:.. encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:..
2021-09-20 18:41
social inequality is present all over the world, in brazil it is no different
2021-09-20 18:41
4 replies
Yes, but looking over at the comments I've read and replied to. I didn't expect Brazil's wealthy parts to be as developed like other EU countries. If you know what I mean. No disrespect to Brazil but ... it's just not what I expected.
2021-09-21 01:55
3 replies
yes, brazil was the sixth or eighth economy in the world. he is in the group of BRICS (countries with great economic potential), but the rulers are corrupt and Brazil is experiencing a very strong crisis. corruption reigns here
2021-09-21 15:35
2 replies
Is your current president Corrupt? I thought the previous one that was sent to jailed then released corrupt no?
2021-09-22 00:22
1 reply
not only the president, but the whole system is corrupt, search all go to jail
2021-09-24 03:35
 | 
Brazil Anarchybr
Where are you from anyway, my friend?
2021-09-20 18:46
1 reply
2021-09-21 01:54
dead | 
Brazil Bronly
i live in a normal city with 500k habitants and no favela here (picture: maluvisita.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/0..) its actually a really good place to live, i just dont like the hot weather its 36Cº right now but the average media is 25Cº favelas is mostly concentrate in the state's capitals like sao paulo (city) and rio de janeiro(City)
2021-09-20 18:56
1 reply
Damn
2021-09-21 01:55
Come to south brazil
2021-09-21 02:04
1 reply
Lmao
2021-09-21 02:06
 | 
Brazil !nStinct
No, just come to Brazil
2021-09-21 02:05
13 replies
Maybe after the Pandemic ends
2021-09-21 02:06
12 replies
 | 
Brazil !nStinct
Good places here, but danmnmnm, some favelas are fucking trash, polices cant even go to the some of them
2021-09-21 02:08
11 replies
Why can't the police go to some of them?
2021-09-21 02:10
10 replies
Because they're dominanted by violent criminal factions, they act as if they are a parallel State in certain poor communities, providing services and enforcing their law in the area.
2021-09-21 02:45
9 replies
So, do they actually enforce the law? Or are they actually like Mafia where they do extort money from the people that live there?
2021-09-21 02:45
8 replies
They enforce their law lol. It's like the Mafia yes
2021-09-21 03:00
7 replies
So, they enforce the law and extort money from people that live there? Damn
2021-09-21 03:02
6 replies
Yes, they provide basic services, but extort the people and are the providers of drugs in that system. We have 2 main factions wich are very dinstinct in their beliefs and operations, Comando Vermelho, wich is war-oriented, and PCC, wich is one of the most sophisticated criminal organizations in the world, with an statute, moral code, even criminal court and foreign operations.
2021-09-21 03:05
5 replies
Damn bro Criminal court and moral code? That's insane
2021-09-21 03:08
4 replies
But it's important to note that there are some people who haven't even heard of these factions, they live in a separate world from this criminal sphere.
2021-09-21 03:11
3 replies
The some people you're referring to are the people living in the wealthy areas right?
2021-09-21 03:15
2 replies
I would risk saying that even in poorer regions like where I reside, my city is the 7th most violent city in the world, many ppl have never had contact with these factions and violence. They're alien to it.
2021-09-21 03:23
1 reply
Oh Damn
2021-09-21 03:21
U BAITIN? pretty nice 100+ answeres i mean you have to tell us where are you from. n stuff. brazil is normal. avg
2021-09-21 02:22
1 reply
If you look at my replies in the above, I think it'd be pretty clear that I am not baiting. I was asking a genuine question, how is this thread a bait?
2021-09-21 02:43
There are a lot of rich people here. But there are a lot of poor people too. The government is obviously composed in majority by the rich, so you can expect that a lot of investment on infrastructure is made in the areas they live. Brazil is a rich place, part of it that doesnt go to developed countries must end somewhere. LOL
2021-09-21 02:27
Brazil has many beautiful and rich places and has poverty as well as any other country, answering your question about slums, there is an area where long ago in the abolition of slavery, the poorest people began to concentrate in that region, with little opportunity in life ended up causing a lot of crime in that area and becoming something isolated from the rest of the country. But apart from that, Brazil is perfect in capitals and natural landscapes, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Curitiba, etc., unfortunately, what spoils our country, has always been and always will be the corrupt government.
2021-09-21 02:28
 | 
Portugal cyn1cal
What is your country men? Dont need to be afraid to say it
2021-09-21 03:00
1 reply
I live in the moon. A lot of inequality here
2021-09-21 03:02
Favelas are no-go zones as they are mostly ruled by heavily armed, inhuman drug traffickers. But it is very unlikely that you'll ever find a person on here who actually knows what it's like to be inside one of those to make a just comparison to other poor parts of the world. And yes, economic inequality is blatant. So much so that the HDI varies a lot from city to city.
2021-09-21 04:16
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.