Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Good students come here
 | 
United Kingdom Theodoooore 
How the hell do you do it? I've gotten lucky in the fact that I was born somewhat clever and raised well, so while I hated school I could get by and do really well on tests just by putting in the required amount of effort. But ever since GCSE (15/16yo) I've been incapable of reaching my full potential. Luckily because GCSEs aren't too hard I just stressed out a bunch, worked as well as I could and ended up with really good grades. But then came A-Levels, and the whole time I just couldn't get myself to work. I'm not a self starter, I'm a chronic procrastinator. So I waste all the time available to me just flitting through Youtube, Reddit, HLTV, over and over. And then when the time comes that there's no time left to waste I can finally get working, and it's a fraction as good as I could've done it, if I had actually worked instead of timewasting. It happened during GCSEs, every A-Level mock exam, my first attempt at uni (dropped out after a term), my first year at this uni (needed extensions at the end of both terms, wasted all my time until there was nowhere near enough time left to do all my work. And then for my extension into the summer, 3 months of extra time I still managed to run out of time and turn in a rushed half-arsed piece of work.), and now the first piece of assessed work of the entire year and I've wasted all my time until the day before it's due. And I've sat here for 5 hours doing absolutely nothing. TF is wrong with me? Every time I try and make the change, or take the advice I've given, nothing changes. I'm the same procrastinating fool who wastes all his time and promises himself that "Once I start doing this new thing, the old me will be behind me and I'll become the productive person I need to be to succeed". That new me never comes. And instead I relive the same vicious cycle of stress and depression (not chronic or clinical depression) every time there's a piece of work that needs to be done. I'm sick of it, and I've got no idea what I need to do to make it better. Not sure what help I expect from a forum full of CSGO mens, but venting it took a little bit off my shoulders I guess. TL;DR - I'm a dumbass lmao. The smartest dumbest ass you'll ever meet.
2021-10-25 23:25
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Kazakhstan SayYouCome
Me too. Never cared about exams but always passed them.
2021-10-25 23:27
 | 
Europe Kephea
tldr* i am a pretty good student and all i can suggest you is you need to study all day and take care of your mental health.
2021-10-25 23:29
6 replies
I don't think studying all day is compatible with taking care of your mental health
5 replies
 | 
Europe Kephea
ik but that's how the system works
2021-10-25 23:31
4 replies
 | 
Brazil Fusk4
well, get off the system then
2021-10-25 23:33
3 replies
+1
2021-10-25 23:34
 | 
Europe Kephea
how
2021-10-25 23:34
1 reply
 | 
Brazil Fusk4
theres a lot of ways of living without being graduated
2021-10-25 23:53
Idk I always procrastinate but also always get things done at time
1 reply
Same… idk when this will stop working =/
2021-10-26 00:32
 | 
Italy washedev1ce
I feel u mens)), sometimes i think about slapping myself hard
3 replies
Slapping yourself sometimes helps focusing
2021-10-25 23:30
2 replies
really? its so weird mate
1 reply
Well it's effective, but don't do it too hard
If u don't wanna study u just don't need it bruv. This is what I figured out facing the same problem
getting good grades nowadays is much easier than before since modern society heavily degraded and no one gives a shit about education anymore
1 reply
maybe in your country
2021-10-26 00:20
Sounds like a joke, but I can make myself do hard things ironically if I say "sigma grindset sigma grindset." I learned this from some hltv user who used that mantra to get strength while bike riding up hills
1 reply
lmao that was me
2021-10-25 23:40
I think that it's a pretty common issue among CSGO players lmao. I'd advise you to go see a psychologist and ask him how you can get more disciplined and stop procrastinating
2021-10-25 23:32
Being in study groups helps me. Then you have other people to push you to do work and that gives me motivation
2021-10-25 23:32
 | 
Russia threk
You need to have: -smart family -smart friends have decent amount of cash to buy good books, and needed stuff to school. -Have good relation with teachers.
 | 
Spain desKalabro
You must turn studying into an habit. About procastinating, the roman emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus wrote a book. The book itself is just his memories but on it you can find his philosophy and his tips to avoid procastination and bad habits.
If you actually think you're somewhat intelligent and competent your grades won't matter. Try to do something which is fun to you which actually provides value, create something and so on. Nowadays you can do nearly everything and you don't even need a good degree for 60% of decent-good jobs. Also, maybe in a few years you will find some motivation to start doing things. Maybe travel the world, or just relax. Dont stress it.
You ADHD? Get some medicine to reduce procrastination.
2021-10-25 23:35
Hello mens)), if you want to pass the exams you have to spent hours working with full concentration. I know you are a smart person but the exams are not happening to test if you are smart or not. It is all about knowing the subjects and surfing through them. If you don't know the subject of course you won't be successful. Just give yourself 4-5 hours a day to work and i believe you will pass it. You have to work like csgo pros working every day. Nothing different or special. You have to work like s1mple playing csgo 24/7 to become best
2021-10-25 23:36
 | 
United Kingdom Z0mb1e_
I know exactly how you feel, wanting and needing to do something but being unable to get out of the same routine of checking the app you checked 5 minutes ago. Look up something called executive dysfunction and if it starts making sense you should probably go and talk to a doctor as it can be a sign of late showing ADHD. Don't take this as medical advice though
2021-10-25 23:37
 | 
Croatia the_ztalk0
literally same. most of my classmates arent as intelligent but do better in school because their lives boil down to spending 5-6 hours a day studying. i pass with decent grades and they could be a lot better if i put in even a bit more effort but i find playing csgo a lot more important for some reason. maybe i have adhd or something.
2021-10-25 23:38
I see this to be a common problem with younger people, I'm on the older end of the spectrum but there is a definitely a common trait where people appear almost unable to compel themselves to do things. It is interesting because I often find they're willing to put in tremendous of work into things, for example, grinding in an MMO or spending lots of times doing things that don't really have any impact on their lives, but they're willing to do put in a lot of intense hours and focus. When it does come to productivity they seem to be stuck, as if they can only commit less than 1%, and it's not for lacking a desire or wanting to. It's as if something else is chaining them down. All I can say is there is an element to habit and discipline that needs to be trained early on. Most likely, in order for you to do something, you need to be genuinely interested in it to do it. Other wise it's a flop of procrastination. Personally, I'm a dogshit student and I will always be a dogshit student. I never could complete school, but that's not for lack of ability. With very little schooling I eventually just taught myself everything. From advanced mathematics to chemistry to software development to graphic arts to systems administration. I just love learning, but not for school. I never could hack it for school and I failed everything miserably. You might just be similar in that regard, pursue what interests you most and develop the habits that are conducive to productive output and you may find the procrastination feeling going away.
2021-10-25 23:47
 | 
Spain Pedrolu
Just study
2021-10-25 23:49
You need to realize what the bigger picture is or have a main driving force behind your work. For me that is the money and effort my parents spend to send me to a good school and that's enough personally to make me motivated to make sure they spend it all well. Find your equivalent and let it mentally drive you.
2021-10-25 23:49
1 reply
When I try something like that I guess I've not picked the right one, because then I basically turn it into a form of shame rather than motivation. "My parents have given me all of this, spent all this money on me and what do I have to show for it? Late work and missed deadlines always, mediocre grades compared to my potential always". Wish it worked though :(
2021-10-26 00:14
get a hooker you need a woman's touch. it is distracting you and you are not able to think clearly without your biological needs taken care of
2021-10-25 23:51
I just learnt lazy person skill pack aka type really fast, read really fast and pay attention to important info only, make presentations really fast and count what time I need to send everything 5 mins before deadline
2021-10-25 23:51
I suggest seeking professional help. If you continue like this, you will only hate yourself more and more.
2021-10-25 23:55
2021-10-26 00:02
1 reply
tldr too long
2021-10-26 00:12
So fun update instead of posting this and then getting on with my work or taking any advice I spent 34 minutes googling random stuff and also doing those internet mental health tests. Did an ADHD and an Autism one to see if I can get a free excuse/maybe an explanation, not ADHD (close thought, and above average on the autism scale. Sounds about right. But then the depression test said I'm very likely to be suffering from depression, that wasn't expected lmao. Not sure what to do with that, guess my mum was right.
2021-10-26 00:02
1 reply
Actually scratch that, that was some random website. Did an NHS one with much better questions and scored far lower. I'll keep it in mind, but won't let it dictate my decisions.
2021-10-26 00:07
I'm not a good student, I've had somewhat the same issue as you're describing. What worked for me was reducing my study load at first (like how many units I enrol in) then bringing it up once I'm comfortable with the university's systems and the programs specific to my course, etc
2021-10-26 00:05
LGHDTV+ adhd autism confirmed bro
2021-10-26 00:13
Ok didn't read wtf
2021-10-26 00:31
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.