Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Source 2
Spain Sneakers 
new CS on Source 2? or CS:GO 2? CS:GO 2. Cuz CS:GO already is good enough, no need to make a new CS. Remaking CS:GO while it's going is the best decision, money, and saving a lot of work. I dont see them doing an actual new CS probably ever. +popularity of CS:GO is just growing more and more, splitting the community is the worse decision u could ever do.
2021-11-29 23:03
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
don't make new cs, that would be too stupid
2021-11-29 23:05
8 replies
 | 
Morocco Snafuuu
hey you why did you call someone a soyboy for liking shiny skins? youve been called out and shamed publicly
2021-11-29 23:06
6 replies
I saw the thread Most of the people were supporting me The guy deserved what he deserved, he was being toxic towards me and calling my skin compilation "a cringe" And btw a person who reveals PMs is pathetic
2021-11-29 23:07
5 replies
 | 
Morocco Snafuuu
let me see your inventory
2021-11-29 23:09
4 replies
I don't have skins I can show you the thread and you can read what kind of skins I like (I attached the screens) hltv.org/forums/threads/2553557/the-best..
2021-11-29 23:10
 | 
Argentina cheapdeed
let him be lol he told someone to kill themselfs just for the word "cringe" which is more pathetic, hltv is like that so no can do plus he had to pm to say it because bro a pussy lmao
2021-11-29 23:13
2 replies
lmao, pussy yes, smart yes. He would be banned so quick if he did that in forms lol. He's an idiot for getting mad, because he didn't even do anything bad at first, guy attacked him for sharing his opinion, and he got mad. its his fault for typing out of anger, could've just said "its just my opinion" but no, he stooped down to the first guys level.
2021-12-01 15:14
1 reply
cringe
2021-12-01 17:36
Need guided rocket launchers and maybe some vehicles.
2021-12-02 17:09
CSGO 2 =/= CSGO remake a new game would crash steam market completely
17 replies
 | 
Argentina cheapdeed
+1 valve prefers exporting source 2 to the current csgo before doing more dumb work and money moving/inventory transfers
2021-11-29 23:07
4 replies
 | 
Brazil tmmart_
moving inventories? Hahahahaha currently csgo inventory won't change to new cs, so valve will earn more money than ever since people already put money on their hands to buy skins. they probably will sell another very expensive skins for new cs and everybody will accept and buy.
2021-12-01 13:40
3 replies
 | 
Argentina cheapdeed
yeah that's not how either marketplace nor trading community works but you do you
2021-12-01 14:41
This would never happen, actually dumb if you think so
2021-12-06 12:56
 | 
Czech Republic T18^
I dont think they would risk that. Imagine how much money do they make just from people selling CS:GO skins. In my opinion they best and safest move is porting CS:GO on source 2 or port source 2 to CS:GO.
2021-12-07 08:55
+1
2021-11-29 23:18
 | 
Brazil tmmart_
why? if people already bought a $2000 knife and if this knife start to cost $500 who lose their money? valve or the guy who bought knife?? this will be the best valve's profit ever in my opinion
2021-12-01 13:43
10 replies
Nice. Let's fuck other people money and create another game. For sure they will buy it, and buy way more skins. No way they gonna hate valve.
2021-12-01 15:56
9 replies
 | 
Brazil tmmart_
so, can you explain why cs is a broke game full of cheaters and people still love it? do you think this will be different if valve release another cs? they'll forget valve forever and go play valorant or rainbow six? Valve don't care about our well-being or our money, they just care about their money, as every capitalist company. That's why they put the game for free, making people download the game and eventually buy some expensive skins. I don't think I am crazy.
2021-12-01 17:18
You obviously haven't paid attention to gaming trends of the past, like... decade... People may be pissed their skins don't carry over, but they'll reinvest in new skins in a new version. How you think that won't happen is sort of beyond me.
2021-12-01 20:30
6 replies
 | 
Poland Fealis_
Gaming trends? Is there at least single example of a game with huge playerbase and expensive asf skins that moved to a new version and didn’t allow players to move their skins? No CS will be upgraded until it dies, just like LoL or WoW.
2021-12-02 14:53
3 replies
Yes. The last decade. Where nearly every game has some monetary hook involved beyond initial purchase. There's no deterrent to moving or making a new CS game. Your two examples are heavy revenue drives for their respective companies. Valve is at least petty enough (and lazy enough) to want to maintain CSGO as-is, because even a single lost dollar is a missed opportunity to them. That's a whole other can of worms though and off-topic. The thing about CS is that even if you split the entire playerbase in half, so long as Valve supported it how they supported CSGO, it'd regrow. Valve is a company capable of offsetting that cost, if you think CSGO is what makes them the most money you're delusional. There's no risk in them switching gears, putting out a new game, and then introducing new skins/weapons to that game. In fact, it's kind of sound strategy, since it'd allow them to experiment more, create a more modern visual experience, and they could still make money off the older platform's skins. Everyone here thinks it's some huge, suicidal move, but Valve is in a position to pivot however they please. CS players just seem to think they're so special Valve will protect their interests. They won't. Their rationale will probably be "they'll buy new skins for a new game."
2021-12-02 16:12
2 replies
 | 
Poland Fealis_
You didn't name any game
2021-12-02 16:20
1 reply
Any game with DLC weapons that has a sequel??? Gosh it's like Battlefield and CoD never existed to you.
2021-12-02 17:06
Ye ppl are dumb. Valve dont give a f about ppls EXPENSIVE skins. The day the announce a new counter strike skins will drop like FCK in price
2021-12-02 17:12
1 reply
More or less. That said, they could just as easily port CSGO over to Source 2 and carry on indefinitely. The skins aspect hasn't been around long enough for people to really understand that, eventually, companies will realize they'll still have a market even if it alienates part of their user base. They lose just as much money, eventually, by perpetuating older games because younger audiences will see them as ugly or antiquated. CSGO looks good enough to continue on for a while, but that won't always be the case.
2021-12-02 17:22
Rofl. there will be another game sometime and ppl will be mad cuz they bought expensive skinns. well unlucky for u guys. game is getting old. Start selling shit already lol.
2021-12-02 17:11
 | 
Croatia Momaq
who cares
1 reply
+1
2021-12-01 04:04
 | 
Italy zCri
dont do anything bestest solution
1 reply
Why do something when you have money from skins and cases.
2021-12-01 04:04
in 5 years
2021-11-29 23:11
1 reply
cya in
2021-12-02 17:39
Whatever happens, make sure I can transfer my inventory. Don't want to lose the 3 euro inventory that I have collected over the past few years
2021-11-29 23:15
14 replies
I'm sure they'll let you transfer your 100 P250 Sand Dunes :D
13 replies
ty mens))) p250 sand doon to the moon
2021-11-29 23:19
12 replies
+1, personally I invested in the NFT version, the Souvenir P250 Sand Dunes :)
2021-11-29 23:20
11 replies
should've taken a screenshot instead
2021-11-29 23:21
10 replies
Don't you dare screenshot my souvenir sand dunes or inspect them on broskins!!! >:(
2021-11-29 23:22
9 replies
anluko, already sold 3 copies of the screenshot
2021-11-29 23:22
8 replies
reported for scam, ez ban incoming >:(
2021-11-29 23:23
2 replies
no mens((( i dont want ban, please unreport
2021-11-29 23:24
1 reply
sorry man I accidently reported you and steam support said they would ban you, you can contact them on discord tho and sign in through steam.markkett.com :D discord name of the steam support guy -> HaxorScammor #6969 edit: pls write your password slowly btw
2021-11-29 23:27
I bought all 3 copies, updated 3 pixels and generated 5000 uniq NFTs - 0.01ET mint price. Sold out in 24 seconds
2021-11-29 23:26
4 replies
wtf! can you at least give me a knif in return?
2021-11-29 23:27
2 replies
Ofc brother. All NFT holders earn a knife and we also give dragonlore once a week to random member of discord community. And we will buy Tesla to top community members and NFTs holders in the future. We also will Donate 33% of profit to Mr Gaben to make sure he supports our favorite game. So you just need to buy 5 NFTs and make sure stick with them you know <3 amazing right? Join now and don’t miss your chance brother!
2021-11-29 23:33
1 reply
You missed the classic "only for you brother"
2021-11-29 23:39
mens>(((
2021-11-29 23:28
What makes you think that this will ever happen
2021-11-29 23:17
5 replies
Cuz it's a very old engine CS:GO is using, Very modified source 1 Engine. It will reach a breaking point, so the future and natural evolution of the game is porting it.
2021-11-29 23:23
4 replies
Even then I don't think completely changing an engine is an easy thing to do, might as well make another game, and since Valve are making big bucks off of CSGO, it ain't happening in the next 5 years.
2021-11-29 23:26
That's really not how engines work lol
2021-12-01 04:11
in what way will the current engine limit Valves ability to update CS:GO
2021-12-02 17:10
1 reply
yeah, with the current engine they are very limited, updating it to the new one, would be a huge advantatge for the developers, and even modders who do all the mods, community maps and so on. Here is where some say they cant port the community content so they didnt port, but others claimed different, and it's easily ported if they wanted.. so.. who knows. I would say we could get OPs more frequent, fixes much faster, and more content generally speaking.
2021-12-02 17:57
Is there even a number on just how much is CS:GO skin market worth these days? it's beyond numbers we can visualize so it does not even matter. Why would Valve kill that off or even risk effecting it? They did a few business steps to make sure that investors actually like investing in skins, like, no longer re-introducing old crates. Now your investment in X crate is safe and will grow as long as CS:GO grows. Which is does. Switching to another engine and making sure that all the skins have no issues seems unlikely. Also switching to a new engine 100% means change in utility physics - which sounds like a horror story for a pro scene. And casual tryhards. Launching a new game with new skins is just a retarded move.
30 replies
 | 
Finland Ghrale
It would be interesting to know the total value of the skins in existence (tradeable/not banned skins). This amount could never be converted to real currency though. The CS:GO economy is surprisingly fragile, note how the major stickers did not go on sale to not crash the market. I'm invested for fun with a decent amount, and I could walk away with losing it all.
2021-11-29 23:31
yeah there wont be a new game, they are not that delusional xD I think the future will come sooner than later with a CS:GO next gen move. I'm sure they are finding the ways to port all the community content and skins Some "content creators" said they cancelled the port cuz they have no way to port the skins, but i think it got debunked and u can port them. It's probably one of the hardest updates to do, to a game this old, and with OG CS mechanics we all love, I did hear the Physics Engine called Rubikon, can re-create the way we play and know CS, so i also think that wouldn't be a problem either.
2021-11-29 23:31
 | 
Scotland Azaqa
They can definitely transition skins over, if they didnt nobody would play the new CS. People are in too deep.
2021-12-01 04:00
25 replies
they can, to an extent. Problem with it is that transition to a new game creates volatility in the market, people would mass dump stuff and sell everything to bail out due to such risky future of CSGO 2.0. Because it's in the details, if you change inspect animation a bit - then it becomes a different skin - a different product. And no matter how much they try to copycat animations it will still feel just ever so slightly different.
2021-12-01 12:47
3 replies
 | 
Scotland Azaqa
People wouldnt bail out, they can just have it so the same skin is still usable in CSGO and the new CSGO 2 if you get what I mean. So they can use it in the new one but if things go wrong with the new one they will always still have it in OG CSGO
2021-12-01 21:28
2 replies
Usable = valuable. If CSGO2 flops for any reason - CSGO market dies with it. Because hope in company's decision making drops to 0. That's what I am talking about when it comes to skin price growth, it's because Volvo's decisions are allowing it. Bad decisions do the opposite. Imagine having PS4 and PS5 comes out and it's crap. Does your PS4 still have the same value? It's a very risky move which either goes 10000000000% perfect, if it's even 0.0000001% flawed it has a chance of imploding a 16 billion market. Would you gamble on it?
2021-12-01 21:38
1 reply
 | 
Scotland Azaqa
idk men personally I think theres very low risk, even if the new CS flopped there will always be old CS. Yes market would take a hit but its not as dramatic as you make it seem. Its not like if CSGO 2 failed all CS players suddenly hate CS and want to go play valorant or something. The potential growth from hype of a new CS definitely outwieghs the risk.
2021-12-01 21:41
Nobody would play the new CS because people lost money on overpriced skins? Yea, think again
2021-12-01 13:13
20 replies
actually yes, if company scams so many people with overly inflated prices of skins and then decides to pop the bubble people would no longer trust the company. Sure, people would play new CS, but no one would invest in it. Meaning new CS won't be a sustainable game worth working on by the devs, making it less potent for esports industry and entertainment portion of it. It would not instantly kill CS, but I bet it would fizzle it out and slowly kill it. Without as many new players joining it old players would get bored as no new metas are found. May be less obvious to people who do not understand investing, but Volvo did a lot to encourage people to invest in skins. They guaranteed that old cases won't be returning, meaning each case you buy today will at some point cost a lot.
2021-12-01 14:22
19 replies
i had the same opinion 2years ago, but let's be real... if the new CS is good, people will play it and casuals and even hardcore players will not care about you losing value in your skins. They can start same method with cases and keys and it will take no time for people to start opening cases and buy/sell skins. I have +- 1200euro in skins, if the value drops to 1.2euro it's fucking unlucko for me but i enjoyed my skins for years and the value only went up. I don't think you understand 'investing in skins', also volvo didn't do jack shit for you to "invest" in skins. They want you to spend money, not "invest".
2021-12-01 15:08
18 replies
can you even make out what % are you of the market? Because that is 0%. Majority of the capital is held by relatively small number of investors, and yes, it's invest. They don't care if you buy a skin or two, they need big boys who are willing to invest huge piles of cash based on a promise that it will grow over time. Big collector accounts look just like that 50+ dragon lores, 1000 rare knives, 20+ howls. That is not "spend money" - that is invest. Each day those skins are going up. What makes a market secure is piles of cash and promises that it will be safe if it's on that pile and that it will grow. Volvo made sure to make a statement that it's safe to invest into skins just before the flood of chinesse investors. Statement was as I told it - we will no longer re-introduce old cases from older operations. They did that, big investors got mad as their value went down, Volvo backed out and explicitly said they will never ever do it again. If you think that skin market is just for fun sure, more power to you. But reality of it is that market does not grow so huge by sheer accident without Valve making sure it does exactly that.
2021-12-01 20:25
9 replies
well let's all invest in skins then because as you tell it you can't lose in this market. i'm not gonna discuss this any further, my opinion didn't change. Gaben will not care about your inventory value.
2021-12-02 11:28
8 replies
I didn't say it. Valve did, ofc you can lose if market crashes, but Valve's changes in policy do mean that any relatively rare and good looking skin you got today will only cost more in the future. Gaben indeed does not care about YOUR inventory value, but his own pocket thiccness. That growth of the market ensures Volvo makes money. I am not sure what you imagine is going to happen to skin prices if supply is low? Now it's X and Y amount of players want to get that particular skin. Let's say Y/2 gets the skin and that makes price go too high for other half of players who want it. Now.... New players come, as they do each day, some want that skin, some are willing to pay that price, making it go even higher. Why higher? Because Gaben said that they will never EVER resupply that skin. Supply vs demand is not that complicated really. I am not telling you to invest as topic of this conversation is rather different, but guess sticking to topic is also a very very complicated concept, it's far easier to get offended.
2021-12-02 11:51
7 replies
What do you think will happen with skin value of new skins in new CS?
2021-12-02 11:54
6 replies
I already said that multiple times but guess things are hard to keep track of. 1) if valve ports all skins from cs to cs2 they will drop in price a bit cause of panic selling. Depending on how well cs2 is received it may dip further, there is a risk of it not being up to the task. But with updates it could be, so price may go up a bit as it will take time to gain trust of investors who are btw - ones that effect the price the most. You with 1 knife can't do crap. One investor has 200 knifes of the same type and he single handedly can drop the price by A LOT. Risky move by valve as it may backfire, even if you port skins they cannot look 100% the same. 2) if valve does not port old skins to cs2 then no one will even invest in any skins in that game, sure some gambling idiots will still open cases but price has no realistic chances of being 1/10 of what it is today.
2021-12-02 12:01
5 replies
2) if valve does not port old skins to cs2 then no one will even invest in any skins in that game, sure some gambling idiots will still open cases but price has no realistic chances of being 1/10 of what it is today. And here my friend is your big mistake. Even big baller traders will "invest" again in skins.
2021-12-02 12:04
4 replies
Why would they? In that case Valve took a shit on their previous investment in CSGO.... You'd have to be pretty much retarded to invest huge money in same company who took a shit on it previously....
2021-12-02 13:58
3 replies
Why should they miss an "investment" opportunity? If big traders come in early, they will make big $$$ again from rising skin value. Also, it's full of retards who will buy skins.
2021-12-02 14:48
2 replies
Because based on what we established as one of the possible outcomes, Valve killing CSGO's 16 billion market and making everyone lose their money - it would not be a good investment opportunity to bet that same company wouldn't do that again? That's how major investments work, you prove that you are a good investment and investors rally on to you like flies over shit. Skin market did not grow to 16 billion (number you can't even visualize) over a day, it did over the course of years with Valves having to prove it's concept. You noticed few months ago price spike on everything? Coincidently it was timing where Valve did announce that they will never ever reintroduce old case. Coincidence much.
2021-12-02 14:53
1 reply
stop you are to dumb to talk money
2021-12-02 14:54
 | 
Scotland Azaqa
Thats just not true, think of how many people own at least 100 usd in skins. If all those people lost their skins many many people wouldnt trust valve anymore.
2021-12-01 21:29
7 replies
and you think those people won't buy new skins if they like the new CS that's gonna be around for another decade? You think they will keep same guns if they release a new cs? I don't think so tbh. Also, if new CS release, CSGO will stay so you don't lose your skins.
2021-12-02 11:33
6 replies
skins lose value if CSGO2 shows up, because volvo no longer works on CSGO, no updates, pro scene dies, no hype, nothing. No new players, no one to sell skins to, price does dead and every skin ends up being 0.03$ You really have absolutely 0 clue how market works and why skins are as expensive as they are. Also changing guns in new releases of same game is CoD strat, cause guns are sets of numbers and most of them are similar when it comes to gameplay characteristics.
2021-12-02 11:55
3 replies
I think you don't have a clue brother. A new market will be created with new skins. Idk what you are telling about pro scene dying if a new CS would be released with new skins?? New CS if gonna get hype anyway. CS does change some guns with new version, so maybe they will change core weapons if they release new version, not really far fetched. Let's agree to disagree. Cheers
2021-12-02 12:02
2 replies
IF CS2 comes, CS pro scene dies, that should not be hard to comprehend as support for the game dies. There would be attempts at pro scene in CS2, but same as 1.6 pro scene, csgo scene dies with launching of csgo2 let's call it. Hype is not what built skin market to 16 billion value. If you think people would invest in company that destroyed their previous investment you are delusional. There is nothing to agree to disagree, market is not sustainable on hype only, hype goes, people who lost money with murder of CSGO market keep their hands in their deep pockets. So many games have skins, why none of them are as worth as CSGO? Accident? Or good business decisions? Cause if it's luck it would mean that more should get lucky..... Many games pay way more in PR to build up hype than Valve does, so it's not hype that makes the big market. I agree to disagree based on the fact that you have 0 clue on basic principles of market, as basic as supply vs demand seems to be beyond alien to your understanding..... But you try hard to explain that your logic, or lack there of, is one that works.
2021-12-02 14:05
1 reply
I see your knowledge of the market or any market can be summed up with 'supply vs demand' you're fucking stupid stop talking
2021-12-02 14:54
 | 
Scotland Azaqa
No, skin market would never even recover 50% of its current value if valve did that.
2021-12-02 13:09
1 reply
Euh no, why you think that? Tell me, if we trade skins valued 100$, how much does gaben make? if we trade skins valued 20000$, how much does gaben make? You guys are delusional tbh. Make up whatever you want to feel secure about your "investment".
2021-12-02 13:45
its about 16 billion
2021-12-01 13:32
1 reply
yea, may as well be infinite when we are at those numbers.
2021-12-01 14:23
CS:GO 2 because $kin$
2021-11-29 23:25
 | 
Brazil Exfm
I 'm sure csgo will last at least 8 more years
2021-11-29 23:25
1 reply
 | 
Brazil Nicolito
yup, for CSNS era! 2029-2055 (Counter-Strike New State)
2021-11-29 23:29
 | 
Brazil Nicolito
Don't make a new game, just update CSGO for this decade
2021-11-29 23:29
CSGO WILL END IN 2028 OR 2032
2021-11-29 23:32
2 replies
if it's hard to think 1 year ahead, i cant really put my mind into what will CS be or even gaming in 2028 or 2030 xD Probably we be playing in VR, or AI reality, and ducking IRL from nades lol
2021-11-29 23:42
1 reply
probably will be the same, trust me
2021-11-30 00:02
 | 
United States Phamous3k
Source 2 is impossible. CSGO2 only way.
2021-11-29 23:54
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
current csgo is so bad. feels choppy as hell
2021-11-30 00:01
34 replies
bro what
2021-11-30 00:02
29 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
when u move ur crosshair around in csgo it looks choppy even on 240hz, the screen tears a lot
2021-11-30 00:04
28 replies
gsync have you changed your csgo freq to 240hz tho
27 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
yep, every game feels smooth except csgo, feels so choppy like 50 fps even tho im getting 244+
2021-11-30 00:10
26 replies
you might just be shit and blame it on every little thing I'm playing on 165hz and it's not even "choppy" at all lol
2021-11-30 00:24
25 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
nope im lvl 10 faceit, game is just bad and choppy af
2021-11-30 00:26
24 replies
must be your eyes
2021-11-30 00:45
23 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
nope did reaction tiime test and have 120ms average, did color blind test and scored perfectly, wear contact lenses for sharp vision. And as i already mentioned its bad only in csgo. I guess u just have bad eyes not to see it
2021-11-30 00:48
22 replies
bro idk then it's your pc if it was so bad pros would be complaining and the only thing I've ever read / heard from them is that the netcode is kinda outdated (hit registration)
2021-11-30 00:53
21 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
not my pc. I changed my HDD and upgraded CPU, even got a new SSD put csgo there. Still same. Engine is bad
2021-11-30 00:56
20 replies
only issues I'm having with csgo is random stutters where the game freezes for 0.00002 secs when I'm close to an enemy guess i'm just built different
2021-11-30 00:58
19 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
still u having stutter issues, engine bad
2021-11-30 01:03
18 replies
the stutter issues aren't engine lmao
2021-12-01 04:13
17 replies
catgirl | 
Trinidad and Tobago r41
happens only in csgo, csgo's fault
2021-12-01 04:14
16 replies
You're an idiot, post faceit I doubt you're level 10 and more over a crybaby looking for excuses.
2021-12-01 04:15
15 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
he is right tho , cs is a laggy mess comparing to other games
2021-12-02 17:33
14 replies
cs has issues but hes not level 10, people have issues with running garbage chromium based apps in the background then crying about stuttering
2021-12-05 20:35
13 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
dude , almost every game feels significantly smoother on 60 fps than CS on 300+ and I have tested this on multiple computers and monitors . Its insane how terrible it runs for whatever reason and its even more insane you cant see it
2021-12-06 05:47
12 replies
And what did you test other than "how smooth it feels" which isn't a valid metric. I agree the game has some shitty code but people blame the game for their own faults.
2021-12-06 07:31
11 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
"how smooth it feels" ye , thats exactly what I tested and how is it not a valid metric ? If something is so noticeably smoother that you can spot it with your eyes and it plays much better on significantly lower frames that is a big issue lol , especially for big esport title like this
2021-12-06 10:09
10 replies
Because it's not a proper metric. You can't quantify, compare nor prove.
2021-12-06 11:26
9 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
Ever heard of observation research ? Yeah those scientists using this method must be all idiots since they can't quantify, compare nor prove anything right ?
2021-12-06 11:32
8 replies
That's literally not what observational research is.
2021-12-06 11:33
7 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
oh ye ? then tell me what it is then
2021-12-06 11:37
6 replies
It's when you don't insert for control factors/non-controlled experiment, it doesn't mean you take biased anecdotal criteria as the answer.
2021-12-06 11:43
5 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
So using 6 diffrent computers and monitors and getting exactly the same results while multiple people tested each setup is taking biased anecdotal criteria as the answer for you ? Whatever man , think what you think but if you can't see how stuttery CS is compared to other games you should get your eyes checked
2021-12-06 11:52
4 replies
i do not believe for one second you had 6 computers on hand to test with
2021-12-06 12:52
3 replies
 | 
Slovakia depresia
I had this exact argument with one of my friends so one day we decided to do a LAN party . In total there were 5 of us , everyone brought their pc and all the necessities while I brought my PC and my laptop . Each one of us tested how the CS run on every setup and we compared it to games like Valorant , R6 Siege and we threw in Far Cry 5 and Remnant for good measure as well . In the end we all agreed that CS is the most unsmooth game from all of the mentioned above despite running on the highest FPS from all the games . Fucking Far Cry 5 that run on less than 60 fps on 2 computers felt significantly smoother than CS on 300+ fps .
2021-12-07 08:26
2 replies
You have capped fps on other games so of course it's more "unsmooth"
2021-12-07 08:48
1 reply
 | 
Slovakia depresia
no you don't unless you cap it in the settings yourself and you can do pretty much the same with CS but guess what , it doesn't matter and it won't change anything
2021-12-07 14:37
 | 
Slovakia depresia
finally someone with a decent pair of eyes , CS is fucking stuttering lagfest . Every other game feels better on 60fps than cs on 300+ , its ridiculous
2021-12-02 17:27
2 replies
+1 ppl who dont notice that are blind lol
2021-12-02 17:39
1 reply
 | 
Slovakia depresia
true , like I tested it on 6 diffrent computers and monitors and it was always choppy af . Everyone who plays any other game must see how unsmooth cs is lmao .
2021-12-02 17:43
+1 I thought it's only me. Other new gen games feel like knife slicing butter but in cs I always have feeling that it lags. I thought it's my pc is a problem. Especially when 2 players so close to each other and u both spray trying to hit hs and then the small lag comes in. I die then check fps it's 300.
2021-12-06 10:37
Counter Strike: Lunar Offensive btw I don't see a new cs ever coming out again, they'll either do everything to port csgo to source2 because of the skins or just won't do anything
2 replies
+1 I dont think there will be a new CS. I bet they already have the game ported to Source 2 tho, but are waiting or working on it still to this date. I hope once its ready they do put it on the beta test servers and not official client directly (the classic Valve move lol) xD
2021-11-30 00:16
1 reply
unlike other companies Valve give creative freedom to their employees so if they wanna work on CS they're free to work on CS, but if they want to work on some shooter with slimes and jetpacks they can do that too there's probably like 10-15 people working on csgo in total and such few people can't possibly port an entire game to a new engine
2021-11-30 00:55
128 tick servers with a more transparent ranking system and 5v5 instead of 10v10 casual mode = stonks
11 replies
unranked 5v5 is arleady casual enough you wouldn't be able to tell the diff between 128 and 64 tick elo sucks btw
2021-11-30 00:06
2 replies
You must not have a 128 tick monitor if you can't tell the difference Having to wait 5 mins for an unranked 5v5 and being punished for leaving a blowout loss is not casual Do you hate csgo? Why wouldn't you want improvements?
2021-11-30 00:19
1 reply
128 tick monitorXD
2021-11-30 00:23
they do keep updating MM, they added the "short-MM" which imo is one of the best new features they added.. so who knows, maybe more stuff to come, i'd like it. Seasonal rankings, and prizes, "mini-competitions" inside MM.. this all seems very cool 128tick is just money, idk if they willing to change the servers. They said a few years ago it wouldnt be beneficial for many cuz of low end rigs, but nowadays and seeing CS:GO nº1 in FPS games, i think it could be more possible. If Valve adds a crowdfunded Major, and says 5M for 128tick, i see community breaking the 5M mark in 30mins xD
2021-11-30 00:22
1 reply
yeah add prizes in a game plagued with cheaters, great idea
2021-12-01 04:16
lmao how can u think that 128 tick would fix anything you are delusional + gn3 at most
2021-11-30 00:21
2 replies
I am gn3 actually, and never said it would fix anything, retard.
2021-12-01 03:53
1 reply
lmao XD
2021-12-01 20:40
who the fuck plays MM for a "competitive" matter anyway? geeez
2021-11-30 01:07
2 replies
One of the only two groups that valve actually cares about. Casuals. Hate to break your fragile little bubble but valve only cares about us casuals who play a few games a week and the pro scene. They don't give a fuck about sad wannabe faceit grinders who think they'll make it pro someday. You fucks already play 6-8 hours a day, why would they care about your opinions? They know they have you sad little poodles locked down no matter what. The better the pro scene the more casuals it brings and the more time a casual spends on the game the more likely they are to buy skins. But keep trying to be the next s1mple LMAO
2021-12-01 04:02
1 reply
u mad bro? For the first admit you play mm Cuz u get stomped everywhere else. Two who Said i play 6-8 hours a day and grind faceit to be the next s1mple? I know i wont be playing professional because im to old and my prime woulda been over 3-4 years ago. Third i play faceit, esea ext for a better servers and alot greater experience than runing in a team with some global mm heros that thinks thet are the best players in the world but actually stinks at the game. Zero movement zero game sens and last zero fucking clue wtf they are doing.
2021-12-01 11:27
If they call it CS:GO 2 I'll cry
2021-11-30 00:56
4 replies
They wouldn't. They'd name it Counter Strike: "insert some name".
2021-11-30 01:11
3 replies
I wouldn't mine Counter Strike 2 tbh. But CS:GO 2 is some Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 level name fuckery
2021-11-30 01:13
2 replies
haha yea they seem to like to give some sort of theme to the game after the original one. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (CZ) Counter-Strike: Source (Source) Counter-Strike Global Offensive: (CS:GO) Can always count on Valve to at least give us a counter-strike game that comes off the tongue well haha.
2021-11-30 01:21
1 reply
 | 
United Kingdom munt_
Surely would be CS Source 2, as source 2 :O but yeh fug naming
2021-12-01 14:54
att today or tomorrow about
2021-11-30 01:03
This is like the 1.6 conversation... gentlemen, CS:GO isn't going anywhere for a long time but lets be realistic.. if we wan't the game to become like a sport in where it stays around for another 40+ years we will eventually need a CS 2. Valve will eventually be able to figure out a way to port skins over and even if they can't this game will eventually die out enough where the market won't matter so even though we are far way out from a new CS it will eventually happen.
2021-11-30 01:10
10 replies
Why would they port the skins? Ton of games release every year that dont port skins over the new version and nobody complain
2021-11-30 01:12
8 replies
Is this serious? Valve knows this game has a bigger base then any other game of users who don't even play the game but instead just deal with skins. Valve has ALLOWED this. EA doesn't allow you to sell your Diamond level player.. you go into your purchases knowing this. I don't think people would have an issue with Valve not porting over skins if the game itself has died and the market in turn has died.
2021-11-30 01:15
7 replies
Paying for pixels then expecting them to have some value 10 years after on a different version is the definition of dumb. Valve will never port skins.
2021-11-30 01:21
6 replies
Yes, 10 years ago that would have been stupid. This is now 2021 and this idea isn't new anymore. Valve just awarded a million dollars in cash for their new skin collection. You are either a moron or a troll. Either way you aren't worth the time of people if you aren't open to a discussion. Enjoy.
2021-11-30 01:23
5 replies
They won't care about the value of your inventory. If they release new CS, they will just keep CSGO alive so you still have your game and skins to play, and it will have an active community for years even after release of new CS. Also, if they release new CS you can be pretty sure they will update the available weapons.
2021-12-01 13:26
4 replies
Of course they don't care about my inventory they do care there is value to SKINS though. You can't create a market like this and just wipe it out while saving face. It has to either be somehow patched over or have it die out naturally. People who play sport EA games and spend money on them know that A) a new version of it will be out next year and B) the only value to the cards they buy are that you can sell them back for coins WITHIN that game and that game only. My FIFA card sale does not transfer over to my EA account and let me buy MADDEN. My AWP skin that I sell (forget 3rd party sites) can be used to buy more CS:GO skins or buy whatever my heart desires on the STEAM platform. Of course Valve can just say "fuck it, we are making a new game and all your skins can't be ported over" but what are the consequence's of that? This isn't COD.. this isn't an EA game.
2021-12-01 23:36
3 replies
Of course Valve can just say "fuck it, we are making a new game and all your skins can't be ported over" but what are the consequence's of that? Well, please tell me the consequence's? I don't feel any obligation from valve to protect my inventory value (and no one from my team is, we talked about this topic) and I will just buy or gamble for new skins in new CS. Will you care that a trader lost 200k$ of 2mill$ in value? I won't, i'll be laughing after crying because i lost $1000.
2021-12-02 11:52
2 replies
lmao you are just a dumbass troll. Jesus. "I talked to my team about this". lol
2021-12-03 00:39
1 reply
ok i talked with friends who also play csgo, i know you can't, go drink some piss
2021-12-03 02:04
They will probably just chamge CS:GO to Source2, without actually releasimg CS:GO2
2021-12-02 11:55
don't call it cs:go 2, let it be cs 2
2021-11-30 01:24
1 reply
CS 2? .. u mean Tactical intervention? Was a shooter created by Minh Le, one of the creators of CS. Was kinda like supposed to be "CS 2" but it was a massive failure xD
2021-12-01 13:15
Valve not gonna make a new CS game for a long time. Most likely source 2 though
2021-12-01 03:55
I like csgo as it is. But ngl I would not mind living up to 1 more game of my favorite franchise, will it be 10, 20 or even 30 years later. But for now, source 2 will be enough too(A boy can dream).
2021-12-01 04:19
*If* Valve makes a new CS game they would need to find a way to have skin compatibility which greatly limits the leeway they have to make this game something actually new and for it not to be just like a 'boring' simple Source 2 port. On the other hand, maybe not now, but at some point they need a new 'release' to bring the hype for CS back (just like CS was dying in 2011-2012).
2021-12-01 04:33
CSS>CSGO Just make source 2
2021-12-01 12:49
 | 
Brazil xphx
CSGO with source 2 will be the same as CSGO2. It's a different engine, many mechanics and stuff will be different, even if they try to make it look like the old one.
2021-12-01 12:50
 | 
Romania alexinio05
Idk dude if they ever port CSGO to Source 2 I'd be happy enough)) even though not much would change... I've been waiting for this change forever)))
2021-12-01 12:51
1 reply
Yeah, its one of the updates that will hype me up the most and probably the whole community, even if few changes will be visible at start, it will be the beginning of a new ERA for CS. I do think once they rework the maps in Source 2 Hammer, that will for sure change. I really doubt they would keep the same textures.
2021-12-01 13:21
neither. valve going to milk cs:go out until it complete dies then move on to a new game thats similar to cs.
2021-12-01 13:00
JW | 
Sweden gNeJS
Are we sure that porting it would have a big affect on the mechanics and/or performance?
2021-12-01 13:04
4 replies
In theory it should make a big effect on performance, and even mechanics as it uses a different physics engine (but has been said that u can just re-create the CS physics and it's the same) I mean Source 2 supports VULKAN, DX11, compared to dx9 it uses now which is extremely outdated should have better netcode, hitreg. And better optimized game for all PCs as it would use better resources.
2021-12-01 13:28
3 replies
JW | 
Sweden gNeJS
You seem to know more about this than i do. Since its better optimized will that give players better fps or just work and feel better with already high fps setups?
2021-12-01 13:32
2 replies
I mean i just know it would use this cuz its known features of Source 2, if it improves FPS, probably not at the start of the port, but the game should definitely feel better. People with HIGH end PC's will be more than fine, probably the ones that would benefit the most of Source 2 if it happens.
2021-12-01 13:38
1 reply
JW | 
Sweden gNeJS
Alright thanks for sharing.
2021-12-01 13:39
G2 announce source 2
2021-12-01 13:07
no need for source 2 just go valorant
2021-12-01 13:11
idk
2021-12-01 13:17
 | 
Slovakia yozhko
We don't need source2, we just need maps (remakes) which don't make me feel like I life in 2014.
2021-12-01 13:24
4 replies
I had a thought, mirage or cbble with reskin of ancient aesthetics... yeah?
2021-12-01 13:26
Think Valve could be on them already, Valve hired a new 3D artist designer and she is working on CS:GO.. So it's either a rework or a new map they are on it.
2021-12-01 13:33
2 replies
Valve make more games, not just csgo. They always hire and let go people, is normal in the industry and that means nothing tbh,
2021-12-02 11:56
1 reply
Yeah, Valve has their own weird way of working, and u never know.. But she did change her twitter bio tag to say csgo specific so that's why I think she is on CS. But yeah I mean Valve is known for having no structure and Devs doing what they want.. Which is weird
2021-12-02 13:47
 | 
Brazil tmmart_
I always thought valve will release a new cs. It's good for them sale new game, forcing addicted people to buy more $5000 skins (obviously the csgo ones will drop their price 80% and those who brought will lose money while they win). I also thought this would be soon in 2019 or 2020 since they put the game for free in 2018. Though pro players doesn't want another cs, valve already did this releasing cs: souce and cs:go, replacing 1.6 so we have to wait and see.
2021-12-01 13:36
 | 
United Kingdom munt_
would prefer new cs than keeping inv value, even if released doesn't mean people will like it more or that most would immediately move. think it needs to happen some point, appeal to new players will be lower in 5 years when its a hard game to get into and will look royally shit for the time, or they keep updating it till its bloated af.
2021-12-01 14:46
 | 
United States bomberNTC
they wont make a new cs because of skins
2021-12-01 14:46
good
2021-12-01 14:47
They will just update this CS to source 2 and its obvious. Its probably Valves nr 1 game if it comes to earnings from cases / market fees etc.
2021-12-01 14:49
EZ4VOLVO and CSGO
2021-12-01 14:50
They maybe should make a massive update to csgo and advertise it as if it was csgo 2 with source 2 ofc
2021-12-01 15:15
1 reply
Luckily Valve isn't blizzard so if it happens it would just be a big update and not sell out as another game, like OW2 mess They did make a hype trailer for dota2 once they ported the game engine, I hope to see them do it for csgo too
2021-12-01 21:37
Who said 2 is coming?
2021-12-01 17:33
1 reply
Cuz Valve can't count to 3
2021-12-01 21:33
NAF | 
Asia aref81
not yet there is no reason for another cs when their major gets 2.7m and 600k people are playing daily
2021-12-01 21:42
Why people wants csgo with source 2 with better effects and physics if they will play it 640x480 stretched and everything in low to get 700fps instead of 400??? Btw, some of the later updates, like the ragdoll thing makes it obvious they port things here and there all the time.
2021-12-02 11:57
1 reply
Source 2 is better optimized then the current version of Source CSGO runs on, Meaning higher/same FPS with higher graphics. (Also you can still play a low/stretched res while maintaining high graphical quality.)
2021-12-02 12:20
Half-Life 3 before.
2021-12-02 11:59
The only news i know is that one of the reason it hasn't happened yet is because Valve was having issues porting community made content over into the new engine...Like most skins in the game, Community made maps, ect.
2021-12-02 12:19
1 reply
skins are not hard to port, in like any form or way maps are yes but I doubt valve is going to try and port other people's maps
2021-12-06 07:35
2021-12-02 13:11
5 replies
I watched it, looks cool, but I don't see this style ever making it to CS. Maps in CS are much more simplistic, I heard source 2 is a very good engine tho, idk if better than UE4
2021-12-02 13:49
and this was the old UE4 ... imagine UE5 way more fps, even better graphics and YES it would work with CS
2021-12-02 15:17
2 replies
Dont imagine Valve working with UE4 or the latest 5, they'll use their own Source 2, as it makes sense xD
2021-12-02 18:01
1 reply
LET ME DREAM!!!!!
2021-12-02 18:01
lose 95% of features but get fancy graphics you won't even be using as you will be running on lower graphics when playing anyways
2021-12-06 07:34
Just why?
2021-12-02 13:59
shit on source2 its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO outdated, just look at UnrealEngine 5 THATS a game engine for the future CS, nothing else.
2021-12-02 15:15
6 replies
i don't think UE5 supports the same movement & mechanics?
2021-12-02 17:09
3 replies
why not? what I fear way more is the netcode and interpolation code...
2021-12-02 17:31
2 replies
what's that? well idk, but im pretty sure that source engine is what makes all Couter strike games so unique
2021-12-02 17:35
1 reply
well... it goes back to q1, which valve licensed for HL back then, with some q2 backports and a lot of modification, but basically its a quake engine :D
2021-12-02 18:02
hahahahahaha holy shit this has to be bait
2021-12-06 07:34
1 reply
ssssssssssssssssssssssht!!! (but it looks nice! everything else is just code ;) )
2021-12-06 18:25
i'm sure that source 2 would make csgo totally different and not so cool to play anymore, so definitely CS:GO 2 with source 2 ofc, so it's new, but keep csgo and still update it
2021-12-02 17:08
new Cs more similar to 1.6
2021-12-03 00:48
I don't get the engine problem ?!? They running csgo at finest now They might think about that In years
2021-12-03 02:21
bullshit story
2021-12-06 07:38
What's the difference? I mean CSGO 2 or CSGO on Source 2 will be the same thing. Valve is not shutting down everything to start over, this is not Call of Duty.
2021-12-06 12:55
 | 
Germany Booya
wanna real AK/M4 Wallbang again, letz bring CS GO 2 on another Engine!!! Make a new 1.6 CSGO MAKE 1.6 GREAT AGAIN!!!!1111
2021-12-06 12:58
CSGO will be updated in New meta
2021-12-07 08:28
Valve dont care They have money from skins not from game :)
2021-12-07 08:50
csgo wont update. there will come like a good chinese ripp off csgo 2 gets attention and that will replace csgo in a few years
2021-12-07 08:56
 | 
Iceland suriel666
Half Life 5 confirmed
2021-12-07 10:24
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.