Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Apple Malpractice within China
USA | 
United States ME_1_MAJOR_YOU_0_MAJOR 
google.com/amp/s/appleinsider.com/articl.. So recently it came to light that Apple had, in 2016, spent $275 billion US to “personally lobby” (bribe) Chinese government officials to help the company grow in the region over regional competitors such as Huawei. This deal was done under the table away from the prying eyes of other world governments, as surely it would’ve resulted in some ramifications for the company. With that said, it’s been 5 years at this point. I personally don’t foresee any retribution for this blatantly unethical and debatably national security threat causing action that Apple took. It will be an interesting event to watch unfold, however, I fear there will be nothing to watch as it doesn’t seem to be reported on by many major outlets. Personally I hope Apple is punished for this throughout the west. Part of Apple’s lifeblood in the states and beyond has been tax cuts and good trade laws. Perhaps treating the tech giant to some big bills would be a good wake up call for them. What do y’all think about this? Does it change your mind on the company? Does it hurt or help them in your eyes?
2021-12-08 04:53
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
dont care, already hate apple and their overpriced products
2021-12-08 04:56
2 replies
reply to me
2021-12-08 05:02
 | 
Asia M@GNU5
the next thing is that apple will remove the power button and force us to buy that for the future models
2021-12-08 05:21
 | 
Poland Neo[T]orius
let's be honest, we can't do anything about it lol
2021-12-08 04:58
1 reply
We can’t, but it seems that countries are becoming increasingly negative towards China as of late, especially with the protests of the Beijing olympics that have been happening. I’m hopeful that countries will either put sanctions on Apple or slap them with heavy fines for this. It just needs to be made abundantly clear that actions like this will absolutely not be tolerated.
2021-12-08 05:03
Maybe im dumb, but what is wrong about this?
2021-12-08 05:02
5 replies
Well for one it’s bribery and it in any other country people would be up in arms about it. The bigger issue is that it poses a huge security threat. We don’t know exactly what the changes Apple made were to its stores and other platforms. The Chinese government we already know has been collecting vast amounts of data on basically everyone in the world. This opens us up to a whole new avenue of attack. You may be interested to know that most government officials will use iPhones because they’ve always been viewed as more secure options. This may change now with this development. Just some food for thought.
2021-12-08 05:06
4 replies
Isnt lobbying legal?
2021-12-08 05:07
1 reply
It’s lobbying in the loosest sense of the word. It’s far closer to bribery in any legal sense.
2021-12-08 05:39
 | 
United States TrashPanda
Did you actually read this article?
2021-12-08 05:28
1 reply
Yes. Read further into it than this article. There are much more informative ones out that are much less easily read. Figured this one was a decent summary
2021-12-08 05:41
 | 
United States TrashPanda
So? You’re calling out Apple for that? Nestle, DuPont, Walmart, BP or other corporations that have done far, far worse. If you boycotted or stopped using a product because of a companies malpractice you’d end up having to live off the grid in a cabin somewhere.
2021-12-08 05:26
1 reply
None of those companies have the resources to do this not only to this extent, but this impactfully. If Walmart has China spying though then it wouldn’t really matter because Walmart doesn’t have the tools for mass data gathering. Apple does.
2021-12-08 05:43
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.